FACT OF THE DAY
Runewords were highly popular in Diablo 2. Runes were socketed into items to “craft” a runeword which would give that item different stats. They were planned for Diablo 3 but never reached the final game. In Diablo IV, runes and runewords make a comeback. To keep the game world consistent, Blizzard appears to have utilised the same rune names and some of the same icon imagery we saw in Diablo 2. We don’t know the eventual number of runes or exactly how they’ll function as that is still be revealed. Will there be different grades of runes, can they be removed or which items can they be placed in for example. Find out more in our runes & runewords section.
- A new interview with Principal Designer Rob Gallerani and Lead Artist Chris Amaral has popped up on IGN. In this… Read more »
- Today was the latest Activision Blizzard financial results and there are some Diablo bits and pieces to digest. First of… Read more »
- Although there's quite a few armor items on Diablo 2 and D2R, each has a base look. So how does… Read more »
- It's time to check out all the item sets in D2R. We pull on the gear for all 32 to… Read more »
We put on the sets and other special items to check out the new in-game and avatar visuals.
Posted on: 24 April 2021
Diablo 2 resurrected Alpha
Diablo 2 / 3 Community
- Welcome to the time travel thread for the most unpopular patch ever! In the old SPF there was no exact such thread but I'm hoping… Read more »