Wiki Home Diablo 4 Guides Builds Build Planner Map Diablo 2 Guides Forums Support PureDiablo Vessel of Hatred


From Diablo 4 Wiki
(Redirected from Chilled)
Name Description
Chill Chilled enemies have reduced Movement Speed. Repeatedly Chilling an enemy will Freeze it.

Chill is a Crowd Control effect that slows the movement speed of a target but hit the target enough times with a Chilling skill and they become Frozen at which point they can't move or attack. However, they can be shattered when attacked which means instant death and exploding into shards of ice leaving behind no corpse (for the Necromancer to use).

Whilst Frozen, the target is still considered Chilled also so skills that take advantage of that Status Effect will still apply.

Enemy attacks can also Chill or Freeze players but they can free themselves. Skills that cause a player to become Unstoppable will break the Chill or Freeze. For example, the

As a Crowd Control effect any item or skill that takes advantage of monsters in that state will work with Chill.

Legendary Aspects that affect Chill

Apart from the Aspect of the Embalmer you will need to have an active skill that creates Blood Orbs for any of these Aspects to be beneficial. Aspect of the Embalmer is the only Aspect that actually creates Blood Orbs.

Aspect of the Frozen Wake
Offensive While Ice Armor is active, you leave behind exploding Ice Spikes that deal [# - #] damage. Your Ice Spikes Chill enemies for 15%.

Gloves, Offhand, 1H Weapon, 2H Weapon (+100%), Ring, Amulet (+50%)

N/A Extraction Sorcerer
Aspect of Noxious Ice
Utility Chilled enemies Poisoned by Poison Imbuement will be further Chilled for 20% per second. You deal 14 - 29% additional Poison damage to Frozen enemies.

Helm, Chest, Gloves, Boots, Shield, Amulet (+50%)

N/A Extraction Rogue
Coldbringer's Aspect
Utility Every 8 seconds, your Skeletal Mages cast a blizzard that deals [# - #] Cold damage and continuously Chills enemies for 8% over 6 seconds.

Helm, Chest, Gloves, Boots, Shield, Amulet (+50%)

N/A Extraction Necromancer
Craven Aspect
Mobility You gain 20 - 40% increased Movement Speed when moving away from Slowed or Chilled enemies.

Helm, Chest, Gloves, Boots, Shield, Amulet (+50%)

N/A Extraction All
Frostbitten Aspect
Utility Chilled enemies hit by your Grenade skills have a chance equal to double your Critical Strike Chance to be instantly Frozen for 2 seconds. You deal 10 - 25% increased Critical Strike Damage against Frozen enemies.

Helm, Chest, Gloves, Boots, Shield, Amulet (+50%)

N/A Extraction Rogue
Icy Alchemist's Aspect
Offensive Lucky Hit: Shadow Imbued Skills have up to a 75% chance to release an explosion that deals 0.3–0.48 Cold damage to the target and surrounding enemies, Chilling them for 25%. If they were already Chilled or Frozen, increase this damage by 100%[x].

Gloves, Offhand, 1H Weapon, 2H Weapon (+100%), Ring, Amulet (+50%)

N/A Extraction Rogue
Snap Frozen Aspect
Defensive Each Chilled or Frozen enemy you Evade through grants you a Barrier that absorbs [# - #] damage for 5 seconds, absorbing up to a maximum of [# - #] damage.

Helm, Chest, Pants, Shield, Amulet (+50%)

N/A Extraction Rogue

* Extraction means the Legendary Aspect can be removed from any Legendary item at the Occultist.

Unique Items that affect Chill


Bloodless Scream

"My companion swung her odd weapon in a wide arc, and our pursuer stopped short. The look of horror on his face as his body fell to pieces will haunt me forever." - The Ebon Pages, Canto II, Verse XI

Type: Two-Handed Scythe
Class: Necromancer

Description: Your Darkness Skills Chill (CC) enemies for up to 100.0% and deal x 20 - 50% increased damage to Frozen enemies.

Lucky Hit: Your Darkness Skills have up to a 100.0% chance to generate 7 - 10 additional Essence against Frozen targets.

  • # Damage per Hit
  • # Attacks per Second (Slow)
  • + Life On Kill



Penitent Greaves

Remorseful devotees of the Cathedral of Light must undertake a gruelling pilgrimage, journeying across the frigid glacier known as the Serac Rapture. Only then may their gravest sins be forgiven.

Type: Boots
Class: All

Description: You leave behind a trail of frost that Chills (CC) enemies. You deal [12 - 15]%[x] more damage to Chilled enemies.

  • Evade Grants +50% Movement Speed for 1 Second


  • + % Movement Speed
  • + % Crowd Control duration
  • % Slow duration reduction
  • % Cold Resistance