Heaven’s Brethren Notes
Heaven’s Brethren is designed for a melee fighter, with armor, spiked club, helm and shield. The items aren’t aimed at any specific character, so any melee fighter would find this complete set useful, though the damage is fairly low, and the Clvl requirement of the shield is extremely high.
The Heaven’s Brethren set uses names and artwork inspired by actual Korean historical items, and was added in the expansion as a nod to Blizzard’s huge popularity in Korea.
- Item level (ilvl): Used in many in-game calculations. Monsters must be of this level to drop the item.
- Character level (clvl): The character level you need to be to be able to wear or equip the item.
- Hidden bonuses stack together. For instance, if an item has a bonus for two items and a bonus for three items, and three items are worn, both the bonus for two items and for three items will become active.
- It is possible to gamble Set and Unique items in v1.09+. The odds are roughly 1/1000 for Set items and 1/2000 for Unique items.
- Items with Rarity are expressed as a chance out of 1000. IE 78/1000 would mean that out of every 1000 set items of that base item that drop, 78 of them will be this particular one.
- Damage Bonus: This determines how you multiply the item damage by your stats to reach the actual damage. Multiply by the listed value per 100 points in that stat. All bows are 100 Dex, almost all melee weapons are 100 Str, most throwing weapons are 50/50.
- Weapon Speed: A relative comparison to other weapons of the same type. 0 is the base -10, -20, etc is faster, 10, 20, etc is slower, always in increments of 10. Each 10 is equivalent to an SIAS item. Previously items were listed with WSM modified by IAS on the items, we have revised this to show the Weapons base speed (WSM) before ANY IAS.
- Range: Relevant to melee weapons only. From 1 (least) to 5 (most) in D2X. Numbers are fixed across item classes: a 3 javelin = a 3 sword = a 3 hammer, etc.
- Light Armor: 0% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Medium Armor: +5% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Heavy Armor: +10% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Shield Blocking information can be found on the shields page.
- Smite damage is for the Paladin only.
- Weight: All shields are light, medium, or heavy. In Diablo II this only matters for tower shields, which slow your running speed and increase stamina drain 10%. In D2X it will probably effect blocking speed as well as running speed.
- shael rune doesn’t improve blocking ability
Heaven’s Brethren Items
|Item||Item Name||Attributes||Special Properties|
145 Str required
46 Dex required
0 Weapon Speed
Damage Bonus: 100 Str
Clvl Req: 68
Item Level: 55
|+1.5 Max damage per clvl
+40% Increased Attack Speed
10% Chance of casting slvl 3 Frost Nova on Hit
+20-30 Fire Damage
+150% Damage Against Undead
52 Str Required
Clvl Req: 44
Item Level: 55
+35 Defense vs. Missiles
+40 Defense vs. Melee
-20% Item Requirements
185 Str Required
11-35 Smite Damage
Clvl Req: 81
Item Level: 55
+30% Lightning Resistance
Attacker Takes 30 Damage
+25 Chance to Block
30% Faster Blocking
116 Str Required
Clvl Req: 69
Item Level: 55
-40% Item Requirements
10% Chance of casting Slvl 3 Weaken on Hit
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
Note: The maximum damage for Dangoon’s Teaching increases at a rate of 1.5 damage per Clvl. 145 is the damage by the time you can wield this weapon (Clvl 68), that is how much maximum damage it will be dealing. It will increase at a rate of 1.5 per Clvl on top of this value to a maximum of 197.
Heaven’s Brethren Set Bonuses
Partial set bonuses stack. If you are wearing three items, then you will get the bonus for wearing two items as well as the bonus for wearing three items. Full set bonuses stack on top of the partial bonuses, so if there is a partial bonus of +40 Life, and a full bonus of +40 Mana, with the complete set, you would receive both +40 life and +40 mana.
|Set Attributes/Bonus||Item Slots Used||Item Slots Free|
These items were based on some Korean royal artifacts, as elaborated on in an email from IK_TalRasha.
Blizzard made Heavens & Hwanin using Korean names and images since Korea is a huge market (Over 3million copies of d2 & d2x sold in Korea with a population of just 40 million) But these sets just annoyed Koreans not only item stats, also wrong historical information.
First, Heaven’s Set.
There are 4 names in them. Dangoon, Haemosu, Taebaek and Ondal. Dangoon is founder of Old Chosun. But that mace doesn’t looks Tools Age weapon. And… Dangoon is a grandson of Hwanin who is god of heaven. Taebaek is a city name of Korea. Nothing other than that. Koreans never found any glory in the city of Taebaek. And funny thing is form of that shield. As you see image, that shaped thing is exist in Korea, but what is that? that’s name is DoKkeBi (monster), and old peoples painted for their Charms for gool luck. This image is a tile which used for root of house. So everyone can “grasp” Taebaek. How about make that req. -100%
Haemosu is founder of BuYor, and his son is founder of KoGuRyor. but… whole Korea history, there’s no armor like that in Korea. it looks Chinese thing. Huh…
Most funny thing is Ondal. as pics shows, it’s crown. but Ondal is not king, but a son-in-law of king. There’s a fool named Ondal in BuYor. Buyor’s princess was married to him cuz king often sais “If u cry again, i’ll make u marry with Fool-Ondal.” King regreted. But princess make him perfect man and he became general of Buyor. Anyway, its good if it just named Elite unique great helm. But its graphic is Shilla King’s crown. and Shilla killed Ondal. o.O
Hwanin… said before, he is grandfather of Dangoon. and he is foremost god. but Hwanin is exceptional and he Heaven’s Brethren is elite. What a good match…
|Amazon Unique Items|
|Assassin Unique Items|
|Barbarian Unique Items|
|Druid Unique Items|
|Necromancer Unique Items|
|Paladin Unique Items|
|Sorceress Unique Items|