Diablo 2 body armor ranges from the simplest linen rags and hardened leather tunics to heavy plate armor, which only the strongest fighters can wear.
- Body armour is socketed only in the Expansion.
- All armor requires 2×3 spaces in Inventory.
- The hue and color of base items in Diablo II can vary greatly, depending on the item’s modifiers.
- Item level (ilvl): Used in many in-game calculations. Monsters must be of this level to drop the item.
- Character level (clvl): The character level you need to be to be able to wear or equip the item.
- 1 Armor Notes
- 2 Normal Diablo 2 Body Armor
- 3 Exceptional
- 4 Elite
- Light Armor: 0% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Medium Armor: +50% stamina drain and 5% speed penalty.
- Heavy Armor: +100% stamina drain and 10% speed penalty.
Normal Diablo 2 Body Armor
* Armor found on Normal or Nightmare can have at most 3 sockets. Found on Hell can have up to 4, but never more than that specific type of armor allows. This refers to grey socketed armor, not magical Jeweler’s or Artisian’s armor. See this table. Sockets from the socketing quest are erratic, they can be more or less than the maximum for a type of armor on a given difficulty level.
Exceptional armor looks just like normal armor, but comes with much higher Str and Clvl requirements, and can only be found on Nightmare or Hell in D2. It can also be found in late Act 4 and Act 5 in the Expansion, where the drops of it Exceptional items are based on Monster Levels
* The most sockets possible to find in armor are 3 on normal and Nightmare, and 4 on Hell. Many types of armor can only have 2 or 3 sockets, regardless of what difficulty level they are found on. The socketing quest is erratic, it can add more or less than the maximum per difficulty level, but never more than a type of armor’s max.
Elite armor is the top of the line. It does not exist in Diablo II, only in the Expansion, and can only be dropped by monsters late in Nightmare or in Hell. Monster levels hit 90 and cap there by late Act 3/Hell, so any time after that you have a chance to have any type of Elite armor dropped.
|Amazon Unique Items|
|Assassin Unique Items|
|Barbarian Unique Items|
|Druid Unique Items|
|Necromancer Unique Items|
|Paladin Unique Items|
|Sorceress Unique Items|