|Diablo II Monsters [ ]
|Animals • Demons • Undead
|Complete Monster Listing
Modifiers • Experience
Champions • SuperUniques
|Animals • Demons • Undead
Act Bosses • Guest Monsters
Objects • SuperUniques
is a Monster
Duriel is the boss of Act Two, and must be defeated to advance to Act Three. He's found in the one true Tomb of Tal Rasha, and reached by inserting the completed Horadric Staff into the orifice. Characters who descend through the tunnel opened by this event will encounter Duriel in a small, pit-like level where the demon's speed and charging ability can be put to merciless use. Duriel must be defeated to complete the last quest in Act Two, before moving on to Act Three is possible.
Duriel is a juggernaut of crunching, close range pain. Possessed of massive size, a fierce charging attack, and a rapid fire jab, Duriel can beat his way through the toughest meat shields, while protecting himself with a movement and attack-slowing Holy Freeze aura. His aura can not be resisted or negated with any type of equipment, including "Can not be frozen" gear. It can be avoided by standing some distance away from him; v1.10 greatly reduced the radius of Holy Freeze and most other target-effecting auras, and ranged attackers can now stand clear of the cold if they back up to the corners of Duriel's pit.
Prior to v1.09, Duriel was one of the nastiest monsters in the game, and hardcore characters feared to face him without a nicely mixed party with minions, high hit point bonuses, and varied types of damage. In v1.09 Duriel was nerfed a bit, especially the speed with which he launched his first attack and the damage he did with his Charge. This took away his "kill you before the level finishes loading" capability, and as of v1.11 he's still a brute, but not an especially deadly one.
Two of the Lesser Evils, Andariel and Duriel - as well as their minor brethren - assuring them that humanity would not deter the ultimate victory of Hell. Azmodan and Belial devised a plan to end the stalemate and achieve victory in the Sin War, ultimately riding the bloody crest of the Great Conflict straight into Armageddon. Thus, a great revolution was set into motion as all of Hell went to war against the Three Brothers, seeking to send them into a Dark Exile.and , saw the situation as their chance to overthrow the and take control of Hell for themselves. The two Demon lords made a pact with
Over the next two centuries, the three imprisoned brothers focused their Demonic powers upon corrupting the Soulstones that bound them to the mortal plane and began bending the will of any nearby humans. Mephisto was the first imprisoned and, consequently, was the first to break free from his bondage. His wrath against those who had put him such a compromised position was swift and merciless.
As punishment for his part in the Dark Exile that sent the Prime Evils to the mortal realm, Duriel has been left behind by Baal to guard the Tomb of Tal Rasha. Embittered by this new position of solitary servitude, the Lord of Pain has claimed the souls and blood of many bold adventurers.
- Stats are displayed by difficult level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
- The TC/Rune drops listed are the highest Treasure Class/Rune Group a normal monster of that type can drop.
- Champions and Bosses can sometimes drop from the next higher TC.
- The max TC/Rune possible depends on which level a monster spawns in, and can vary slightly from the listed values (monsters that spawn in later levels can drop higher level items). See the item calculators to ascertain precisely what a monster from a given area can drop.
|22 / 55 / 88
|6007 / 147,990 / 914,751
|24/Ral, 51/Lem, 72/Ber
Duriel's stats are all preset. He does not get any random Monster Modifiers.
- Duriel's jab attack can hit several times in rapid succession.
- Duriel's Smite strike will stun targets.
- Duriel's charge attack is very dangerous, but can only be used from a distance.
Duriel's aura functions like the Paladin's Holy Freeze. It adds cold damage to his attacks, deals minor cold damage to all affected enemies, and slows all movement and attack speed considerably.
|Cold Aura: Normal
|Cold Aura: NM
|Cold Aura: Hell
|Cold damage: 2-3
+Cold damage: +10-15
Slows targets: 30%
|Cold Damage: 5-6
+Cold damage: +25-30
Slows targets: 40%
|Cold Damage: 9-10
+Cold Damage: +45-50
Slows targets: 46%
Like the other act bosses, Duriel does not regenerate any hit points.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|0% / 25% / 50%
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|Act 2: In Tal Rasha's Tomb, entered through a wall that is collapsed by inserting the Horadric Staff into the orifice, in the one true tomb reached from the Canyon of the Magi.
- I am your doom!
- Looking for Baal?