Blizzard is gearing up for the next Season for Diablo 3, Season 22 – Shades of the Nephalem. Find out what’s in store for this season later this month.
As usual, there’s a new Season theme which means activating shrines and pylons to create a shadow clone. Kanai’s Cube will also have a fourth slot, Season 10 rewards returning in case you missed them the first time around, Haedrig’s Gift sets, and of course, there’s the Conquests. Everything is detailed below if you’re going to take this Season for a spin on 20 November.
The Season will launch after the release of Patch 2.6.10 (see notes) which is expected to drop on 10 November.
New Season Theme
Nephalem, do you feel it? All around, the shadows of the past linger, waiting for an opportunity to channel their power once more and aid you against the minions of hell. Will you stand up to the challenge and accept the aid of these erstwhile spirits? The Shades of the Nephalem await….
During Season 22, activating a Shrine or Pylon will spawn in a shadow clone of your class. The clone’s power will scale with your character and will last for one minute or until death.
In addition, for the duration of Season 22, Kanai’s Cube will have a fourth slot. You will have the option to choose any power for this one, but it won’t stack with powers from other slots.
Beginning with Season 17, we began reintroducing previous rewards to make them available to players who may have missed them the first time around. For Season 22, this means awards originally available from Season 10 are returning. In addition to the Head and Shoulder slots of the exclusive Conqueror Set, you’ll be able to earn the Black Soulstone themed portraits and the scholarly Loremaster pennant first introduced in Season 10.
However, we know it’s nice to have something new to aim for if you’ve participated in previous Seasons. We’re continuing to provide new End of Journey rewards as introduced in Season 17, with two new cosmetic ones for those who complete the entirety of the Season journey. Prove your worth alongside the Shades of the Nephalem and complete the Season 22 Guardian Journey to earn the Book of Cain pet and the Lost Civilization Portrait Frame.
If you’ve been diligently slaying demons before and reached Conqueror in the Season Journey each time, you’ve surely accrued a few extra stash tabs. You’ll earn one additional tab each Season by finishing the Conqueror tier, up to a maximum of five:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII difficulty within five minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete two Conquests this Season.
- Life Goes On: Kill Maghda at level 70 in under 15 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed’s domain, The Vault.
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo. Greater Rift keystones can be obtained from any Nephalem Rift guardian.
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item.
Seasonal Conquests are additional goals you can complete as part of our Season Journey. To earn all the cosmetic rewards, you’ll need to complete at least three of the Conquests below. The challenges available in Season 22 include:
- Sprinter and Speed Racer task you with completing Acts I through V at max level in under one hour.
- Want to go fast while killing things? Boss Mode and Worlds Apart are right up your alley.
- On A Good Day and I Can’t Stop are making a return, if leveling your Legendary Gems is more your thing.
- Finally, if you’re keen to prove your mastery of various Class Sets, Years of War and Dynasty will be returning along with Masters of the Universe and Masters of Sets. Best of luck!
Finally, the Class Sets rewarded for completing certain chapters in the Season Journey courtesy of Haedrig’s Gift have rotated once more. We’ve listed the available Sets below. For those new to Seasons, here’s how it works:
Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig’s Gifts. These contain a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely!
The set you receive depends on the class of the character you’re playing when you open each Haedrig’s Gift. To collect a full Class Set, you’ll need to open all three on the same character. For the first time in Season 22, Haedrig’s Gift will grant the all-new class sets introduced in the three previous Seasons:
Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 22:
- Barbarian – Horde of the Ninety Savages
- Crusader – Aegis of Valor
- Demon Hunter – Gears of Dreadlands
- Monk – Patterns of Justice
- Witch Doctor – Mundunugu’s Regalia
- Wizard – Typhon’s Veil
- Necromancer – Masquerade of the Burning Carnival