It’s patch time again. The Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.3.1 [12.14] patch has just dropped.
This update resolved numerous issues with Quick Cast which was recently introduced to the game. DLSS has also received some attention and the DLSS.dll file has been updated also. This update is mainly PC focused patch although a fix for special characters in names that prevented loading into a game on the console has also been added in this update.
Here’s the full notes:
Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.3.1 [12.14] Patch Notes
A new patch is now available for Windows® PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, and PlayStation 4.
- Fixed an issue where some characters that have more than one special character in their name were unable to load into the game.
- Quick Cast skills now properly target allies and corpses
- Fixed an issue where opening the horadric cube while quick casting could cause your character to become stuck continuously casting
- Activating an aura with quick cast will no longer stop your character from moving
- Quick cast melee skills now allow the player to move to the mouse location outside of towns
- Improved quick cast behavior for Inferno and Arctic Blast
- Updated the DLSS .dll file to a more recent version
- Resolved some visual artifacts that would present when using teleport
- Resolved some visual artifacts that would present around partially transparent walls
- Classic characters can now change their force move keybinding
- If the player is holding down Force Move, they will now continue moving after using a skill
- Force move now functions while in your stash and horadric cube menus
- Fixed an issue where scrolling through chat could at the same time scroll through your right mouse button skills
- Fixed an issue where performing an inventory action after weapon swapping would un-select your Throw skill
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game