Wiki Home Diablo 4 Guides Diablo 4 Builds Planner Diablo 2 Guides Forums Support PureDiablo

Sever

From Diablo 4 Wiki

Sever is a Necromancer skill from the Core skill tree. Its features are:

Grants Player Exploits Condition
Shadow Dmg N/A
Vulnerable
Core
Darkness

'Creates Condition' means this skill creates this condition i.e it could make a target Vulnerable that other skills can take advantage of. 'Exploits Condition' means this skill takes advantage of a condition, not necessarily of its own making. So for example another skill might Stun and this skill could take advantage of that.


Sever Details and Upgrades

Sever

Sever

A spectre of you charges forward and attacks with its scythe for 75% damage then returns to you and attacks again for 25% damage.

Damage: Shadow

Essence Cost: 20

Lucky Hit Chance:: 20%

Tags: Core, Darkness

Upgrades

Upgrade Hub
Enhanced Sever

Sever damages enemies along its path for 40% of its initial damage.

Upgrade Hub
Supernatural Sever

Sever deals x 2% increased damage for each Minion you have upon cast.

Upgrade Hub
Paranormal Sever

Every 3rd cast of Sever makes enemies Vulnerable for 2 seconds.


Items that work with Sever

The following items either:

  • Grant a bonus when using Sever
  • Create a condition Sever can exploit
  • Exploit a condition Sever creates

Legendary Aspects

Aspect of Empowering Reaper
Offensive Critical Strikes from Sever have a 10 - 20% chance to spawn a pool of Blight under the target that deals 40 - 80% bonus damage. This effect can only happen once every 3 seconds.

Gloves, Offhand, 1H Weapon, 2H Weapon (+100%), Ring, Amulet (+50%)

Flooded Depths
(Map)
Scosglen Necromancer
Aspect of Exposed Flesh
Resource Lucky Hit: Up to a 10% chance to generate 30 - 50 Essence when hitting a Vulnerable.

Ring

N/A Extraction Necromancer
Aspect of the Long Shadow
Offensive Lucky Hit: Your Shadow Damage Over Time (DoT) effects have a 10 - 30% chance to generate 3 Essence. Damage from your Shadowblight Key Passive will always generate 2 Essence.

Gloves, Offhand, 1H Weapon, 2H Weapon (+100%), Ring, Amulet (+50%)

N/A Extraction Necromancer
Cadaverous Aspect
Offensive Consuming a Corpse increases the damage of your next Core skill by 5 - 10%, up to 25 - 50%.

Gloves, Offhand, 1H Weapon, 2H Weapon (+100%), Ring, Amulet (+50%)

N/A Extraction Necromancer
Splintering Aspect
Offensive Bone Spear's primary attack makes enemies hit beyond the first Vulnerable for 1.5 - 2.5 seconds. Bone Shards from Bone Spear deal 30 - 60% bonus damage to Vulnerable enemies and pierce them.

Gloves, Offhand, 1H Weapon, 2H Weapon (+100%), Ring, Amulet (+50%)

Guulrahn Slums(Map) Dry Steppes Necromancer

Unique Items

Bloodless_Scream.png

Bloodless Scream

"My companion swung her odd weapon in a wide arc, and our pursuer stopped short. The look of horror on his face as his body fell to pieces will haunt me forever." - The Ebon Pages, Canto II, Verse XI

Type: Two-Handed Scythe
Class: Necromancer

Description: Your Darkness Skills Chill (CC) enemies for up to 100.0% and deal x 20 - 50% increased damage to Frozen enemies.

Lucky Hit: Your Darkness Skills have up to a 100.0% chance to generate 7 - 10 additional Essence against Frozen targets.

  • # Damage per Hit
  • # Attacks per Second (Slow)
  • + Life On Kill

Affixes:

Greaves_of_the_Empty_Tomb.png

Greaves of the Empty Tomb

"The massive door to my family's crypt, which had taken a dozen men to close, was thrown open. Had I known the horrors to come I never would have set foot inside!" -The Ebon Pages, Canto I, Verse VII

Type: Boots
Class: Necromancer

Description: Create desecrated ground beneath your Sever spectres as they travel, damaging enemies for 944 - 1,322 Shadow damage over 2.0 seconds. (DoT)


Affixes:

  • + % Movement Speed
  • + % Damage Reduction from Shadow Damage Over Time-Affected Enemies
  • % Essence Cost Reduction
  • + % Lucky Hit chance with Shadow Damage


Changes to Sever

Patch 1.1.0a, July 18, 2023

Patch 1.0.3, June 27, 2023

  • Initial base damage increased from 63% to 66%.
  • Enhanced Sever - Return base damage increased from 25% to 40%.