Note: This guide is being continually updated.
How to get the Lunar Awakening
The Lunar Awakening Event is playable on the Eternal Realm and Seasonal Realm.
The event begins in Ked Bardu (Map) with NPC Ying-Yue who runs the Lunar Night Market. She asks you to protect Lunar Celebrants and cleanse Lunar Shrines of miserly spirits and in return, you will earn Ancestor Favour which boosts your reputation with the ancestors. The Lunar Shrines appear everywhere you usually find shrines, in the overworld, whisper bounties, dungeons and vaults.
As soon as you tap a shrine you will be empowered with:
- + 50% XP per monster kill
- + 30% Movement Speed
- + Additional Lunar Effect (see table below)
- + Event Reputation per monster kill
Miserly Spirits will also spawn and if, when doing the Local Lunar Event quest shrines, you manage to complete the Mastery Objective ("Slay 3 Elite Miserly Spirits") then another more frenzied 30-second wave of monsters will spawn at the shrine, prolonging the fight and enabling you to earn even more event reputation.
Reputation can only be earned whilst the shrines are active and there are 10 tiers of Ancestral Favor to work your way up through each one offering better rewards.
What Lunar Shrines do
Each shrine empowers you with the usual buffs but during the Lunar Awakening event there will also be an additional Lunar effect.
|Additional Lunar Effect
|Your attack speed is increased and all attacks summon holy arrows.
|Casts have a chance to summon a holy bomb.
|Blast Wave Shrine
|You periodically explode, damaging enemies around you.
|Each explosion summons a cluster bombardment.
|Your skills cost no resource and have reduced cooldown.
|Increased attack speed and chance to reset cooldowns.
|You can shock and surge through enemies.
|Summon frequent, powerful, shocking strikes.
|Enemies drop more Gold when hit.
|Chance to summon a Treasure Goblin. While the Shrine is active, 25 kills summons a Treasure Goblin, and 50 kills summons a second.
|All of skills deal more damage and Critically Strike.
|Chance to instantly execute a struck monster, causing Fear on surrounding monsters. Note: this includes Elites, but excludes Bosses and other Players.
|You are Invulnerable and Unstoppable.
|You reflect all incoming damage. Damage reflected scales with Level and World Tier.
Lunar Awakening Rewards
- Nightmare Dungeon Sigils have a chance to roll an Ancestor's Favor affix which guarantees the dungeon has extra Lunar Shrines and provides a bonus 10% Glyph XP. These Sigils are also rewarded after you've earned Ancestral Favour and improved your reputation. Visit Ying-Yue in Ked Bardu to collect your rewards.
- These Lunar Nightmare Sigils can be stockpiled and used after the Lunar Awakening has ended. Although the Lunar Shrines won't spawn in the dungeon the 10% Glyph XP will apply.
- Lunar Tree of Whispers Bounties will also appear where you can collect 1 Grim Favor.
- Player title - Trying all shrines during the event rewards you with a special title.
- As you increase your Ancestral Favor you'll unlock access to 6 different Lunar-theme rewards such as Caches (that can include Lunar Sigils), gear cosmetics and a new mount.
Cosmetics in the Shop
There are also Lunar Awakening full cosmetic armor that you can purchase in the in-game shop.
Tips to Level Fast for Rewards
- The quickest way to get all the rewards unlocked without wandering around is to head to the Nightmare Dungeons or Vaults. Nightmare Dungeons should be your first preference as there will be more Shrines. Make sure you have the Vasult and Dungeon Sigils with the Ancestor's Favor affix which gives the extra Favor and 10% more Glyph Experience.
- It also appears that to benefit from the Shrine buffs, you need to let the Shrine effects do the damage on mobs so let the Shrine effect do the work.
- If you are playing on the Season realm the Season Blessings "Urn of Enduring Grace", when at max level of 4, will give you +54% to Shrine duration so be sure to level that up.
- Use the Occultist to craft Sigils with the Ancestral Favor affix. Keep crafting until you get the ones with the affix and ditch the rest if you want to.