Meet the Rune Finders – 2020 Spring RFL

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
Meet the Rune Finders threads are for showing off your character from the corresponding RFL, similar to Meet the Olympians threads from the MFOs. You can include whatever details you want; it's a chance to brag on your runner or just to show them off.

The difference, of course, is that there are three RFL rounds, so I will edit this post and put in a direct link to first post with characters from Round 2 and Round 3 once we get there.

There is so much great theorycrafting and nice demonstration vids posted in progress threads. If people have time and the inclination, I thought it would be cool to give everyone a chance to post some of that content along with character readouts and musings here for ease of reference in the future.

2020 RFL sign up and progress threads, and results threads:
Round 1 – Moo Moo (Sign Up and Progress / Results)
Round 2 – Travincal (Sign Up and Progress / Results)
Round 3 – Areas (Sign Up and Progress / Results)

Last edited:
Reactions: zemaj and Pb_pal
I ran this round with my HC 99er Fire Druid. Not much to tell about him really, he is a straight fire druid, using primarily Fissure with some Firestorm mixed in for tough bosses. I run him at the 99fcr breakpoint, and he is obviously based a bit more for survival than speed. I haven't tinkered with his equipment at all since hitting 99, and it is as follows:

Equipment
Head: Ravenlore socketed with +4/-5 Fire Facet
Body: 'Enigma' Breast Plate
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
Gloves: Magefist
Boots: Rare Boots (FR/LR/MF)
Main Weapon: 'HoTo' Flail
Main Shield: 'Phoenix' Monarch
Amulet:
Code:
Rune Collar
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x8c7c3a41
Item Level: 91
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+9% Faster Cast Rate
+26 to Strength
+15 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
Cold Resist +19%
Fire Resist +7%
Rings: Nature's Peace + Rare FCR/FR ring
Switch: CtA (+6BO)/Spirit

Charms: 4 Elemental skillers, the rest are +life and/or +resist SCs

Mercenary:
Razan - Might (to speed up killing of FIs)
Head: Delerium
Body: CoH (Archon Plate)
Wep: Infinity (Eth GPA)

--

A couple notes for Cow running. He averages about 4 mins/run, which is neither fast nor slow, but is definitely quick enough to keep a good pace while maintaining safety. Once you know where the bosspacks are on your map, it's quite easy to teleport safely around, and due to the nature of Fissure he stays out of the mix of cows anyways. I do prefer running with Delerium, although many hate it for cows since it complicates herding so much. The reason I like it is because it pulls cows in from all over, and since Fissure kills most efficiently by having monsters walk repeatedly over the vents, it plays right into my hand. Find a pack, lay down some Fissures, teleport around the outskirts of the pack to keep cows walking back and forth over vents. Rinse, repeat. It may not be the fastest way to run with a Fire Druid, but it works for me, and it keeps ol' Klaus alive, which is kind of a big deal.

Started the round with my UT99er Light Sorc - Renet_Tilley (currently lvl 94)

Renet was first created last summer to compete in the MFO where she was played as an ES/Nova Sorc...due to mana burn deaths during mini-RFL, I respeced to Vita/Light which is how she started out this round of RFL

After 10 hours of not very efficient runs and several deaths, I farmed some essences to respec back to str/energy ES/Nova after reading of @Luhkoh successes.

I tried running with crescent moon but having had no luck on the Skiller GC front for this character, the skill levels were too low for good Nova damage and I switched back to my Eschutas (+10% light)

Here's here full stats and gear:
Name: Renet_Tilley
Class: Sorceress
Experience: 2287643557
Level: 94

Naked/Gear
Strength: 156/177
Dexterity: 35/43
Vitality: 10/44
Energy: 354/381
HP: 193/624
Mana: 859/1329
Stamina: 167/217
Defense: 8/983
AR: 125/184

Fire: 117/77/17
Cold: 110/70/10
Lightning: 108/68/8
Poison: 98/58/-2

Helm: PTopazed Shako
Armor: 33 res all ViperMagi
Amu: Tal Rashas
Gloves: Frosties
Boots: 31 MF War Travs
Belt: dual res +life, rare
Ring 1: SoJ
Ring 2: BKWB
Main Weap/Shield: +10% light Eschuta's + 35 FCR Spirit
Switch: +2 BO CTA + 34 FCR Spirit

Enough charms for 86 FHR and the rest were pretty much vita/mana charms giving 1k health and 3k mana after CtA BO

Next up for her, actually heading back to LK for more running, looking for a couple more BERs for a self wield infinity setup and some GC Skillers
Edit: Before LK I plan to run cows for the horns to complete set and AT for a Griphons so may get some lucky rune drops before hitting LK.

Then she will start a real focus on reaching 99!

Last edited:
I ended up running the bulk of Round 1 as ES/Nova Sorc.

I really enjoyed this build, so much so that I am going to leave her built this way as a dedicated cow runner. I'll make a new Blizzard sorc for MFO when the time comes!

I eventually settled on this setup:

Helm: Griffon's with Facet
Armour: Vipermagi (Wyrmhide) with Perfect Ruby*
Amulet: Mara's
Gloves: Bloodfist
Boots: Silkweave
Belt: Arach
Ring 1: SoJ
Ring 2: SoJ
Weapon: Crescent Moon and 35 Spirit
Switch: CtA and Spirit
Inventory: 7 Lightning Skillers (1 with Life), assorted 20 life and 17+ life/mana charms, 1 5 FHR/FR charm, Cube, TP tome.

*This will be replaced with a Facet once I find another one.

Merc (Defiance):

Helm: Andariel's with 15 IAS
Armour: eBug Fortitude Sacred Armour
Weapon: Infinity Thresher

Stats at Level 91 (buffed):

Life: 1002
Mana: 2521
Nova: 1743-2288
ES: 93%
Def: 6629

Build:

Max: Nova, ES, Telekinesis, LM
1 pointers: Frozen Armour, Frost Nova, Static, Teleport, and prerequisites
The Rest: Warmth

I was able to run p3 with this build with run times between 3 and 3.5 minutes including fetching the leg, and on p5 it was 3.5 to 4 minutes.

I invested a point in Frost Nova as a one-point-wonder skill for that bit of added safety on Hardcore. Would highly recommend this as it makes avoiding Boss and Minion cows a LOT safer when you're unsure if they are Mana Burn or not!

Last edited:
Great idea to get this tradition going for RFL as well – only saw this thread after posting in the round 1 results thread, but why not elaborate a little here. I regeared most of the runners since I stopped running so don't have GoMule dumps readily available – if anyone is interested can provide them of course. Same goes for any other details or numbers.

I thought I'd use this to summarize some thoughts on some of the top cow builds, although most of these things were discussed in the running thread already. Personally I normally go with Javazon for cows, and I somewhat think of her as the cow running "build to beat" in general. But of course other builds are extremely good, and this year I finally got around to using 40 hours of running to check some of them out in-depth.

TRAPPER
I've been meaning to really run cows with her seriously ever since @Nano came up with those Phoenix on main switch shenanigans last year. A pretty significant thing for this class in general and especially the Fire Blast/Death Sentry cow runner. So after last year's RFL I checked her out a bit, and at one point slammed Beast on her. This worked beautifully and seemed to deliver crazy good efficiency. In the following I thought other setups with Hoto or 6-facet weapons would be stronger – but turns out the Beast route was where it's at, based on both calculations (made this spreadsheet for those) and in-game testing before this RFL.

Setup:

• 3/20 traps circlet, socketed with fire facet (that douche Larzuk gave me one socket only)
  • Enigma
  • Beast double axe
  • Phoenix Monarch
  • 2/9 FCR/Str/MF craft amulet
  • Magefist
  • Arach
  • Raven
  • SoJ
  • eth Treks
  • Switch: CtA/Spirit
  • Inventory: 7x skillers, ID tome
  • Merc: Might with Infinity, Cham'ed Andy, ebug Fortitude
Build:
  • 1 Mind Blast and BoS with each + pre-reqs
  • 20 Death Sentry, Fire Blast and rest into synergies

Gameplay:

Efficiency: Since she – like all other chars I used this RFL – was below lvl 94, I could only estimate cow kills per minute based on drops, and tracked all runes thet fell for that purpose. Judging by that (somewhat shaky) method, she averaged ~210 P5 cow kills per minute at first, kept that average for several hours, but then dropped to 190-195 later in the set.

Conclusions: Super tanky and extremely fast – that's pretty much it. Being close to drops means she can pick up a lot without losing much time whatsoever, and on top of it she doesn't require any rare S&Us or crazy lucky FCR craft amulets. Efficiency in my case was pretty much exactly the same as with Java (with her I had 200 in during the 2019 RFL) and Necro.

She managed to kill the cow king after 6 hours, so I switched to OP Necro to finish the first set.

NOVAMANCER
I played him a lot in the past, apart from cow running in particular for P7/P8 Pit runs, but never ran cows with him for a 20h tournament set or so. I did participate in 2018 RFL with my untwinked 99er Necro, but somewhat undergeared and with less optimized Summoner spec. In any case, very straight forward cow runner.

Setup:
  • 2/20/adds rare circlet with facet
  • Enigma
  • 2/20 P&B amulet
  • 2/2/-47/10 MPK/9 LPK Death's Web, socketed with Ist
  • 35 Spirit
  • TO gloves
  • Arach
  • FCR/life/mana craft ring
  • BKWB
  • eth Treks
  • Switch, Merc and inventory: Same as Trapper above
Build: 20 PN and synergies, ~10 each into GM and Amp – that mix worked well.

Gameplay:

Efficiency: Basically same as Trapper, he started out with ~210 and ended up at ~195 cows per minute.

Conclusions: Very straight forward and fantastic runner. Only downside is he's a bit fragile.

For my second set I used Nova Sorc, Fissure Druid and Fire Sorc.

NOVA/ES SORC
I really like this build and enjoyed running with her the most – maybe alongside Trapper. Again made a spreadsheet for that purpose, I both tested and theorycrafted a bit – see this comparison of gearing options. I ended up really liking the below setup with good MPK and high damage.

Setup:
  • faceted Griffon's Eye 20/24
  • Arkaine's Valor (current patch) socketed with 3 MPK/-req jewel
  • Crescent Moon
  • 35 Spirit Monarch
  • +3/10 FCR magic amulet
  • Silkweave
  • 2x SoJ
  • Arach
  • Silkweave
  • Switch: CtA/Spirit
  • Merc: Defiance with Infinity, Andy's with ED RJoF, ebug CoH
  • Inventory: 7 skillers, ID tome
Build: 20 Nova, LM, ES and Telekinesis, 1 Frozen Armor. I skilled Static Field to ~15 hard points which was comfortable. Remaining points went into Warmth.

Gameplay:

Efficiency: Before I improved her map she was at around 170 cows/min, and just above 180 on her final map.

Conclusions: Numbers in my case are not quite as good as Necro/Java/Trapper, but very close. Also her gameplay is a great combination of action packed speed and very simple casting sequences that make for easy runs. The reason I like Nova Sorc and Trapper a lot are that they are always near the action, and that means near the drops. It was very noticeable how I picked up a lot more goodies with these characters in comparison to other runners that are normally positioned at some distance (in particular Necro and Java as the other top builds).

FISSURE DRUID
He was the only character I never ran cows with at all previously, but he's fun and pretty good, too. I tried two variants with him.

Setup 1 (163 FCR) – used on P5:
  • 2/20 circlet with fire facet
  • Enigma
  • 1/19 amulet
  • Hoto
  • 35 Spirit
  • Arach
  • Magefist
  • Silkweave
  • SoJ
  • FCR/life/mana rare ring
  • Switch, Merc and inventory like Nova Sorc
Setup 2 (99 FCR – P7):
Same as above but with faceted Ravenlore and Phoenix, using 99 FCR to teleport. Performance was basically the same. On P7 the extra damage was very noticeable and it was equally efficient as P5.

Build: 20 Fissure and synergies as well as Oak sage. Also used some 15 points in Armageddon but stopped using it pretty quickly.

Gameplay:
Only recorded some gameplay with 163 FCR:

Efficiency: Around 160 cows/min on both P5 and P7.

Conclusions: Not quite a top runner, but certainly not far behind and at the same time very tanky and easy to play. With Oak, >4k life is not hard to achieve – he is the only character I had no death with at all during this RFL. As for gameplay I found it important with him to always keep moving, teleporting in place etc. to ensure that cows never keep standing in blind spots.

FIRE SORC
After rotating her in, I initially went with a Fire Ball focused approach – until Gripphon showed some gameplay in the running thread that convinced me to focus more on Meteor.

Setup:
  • Griffon's Eye 'Shael'
  • Arkaine's Valor (current patch) 'Shael'
  • fire faceted Eschuta's
  • Phoenix
  • Magefist
  • Mara's
  • 2x BKWB
  • Arach
  • eth Treks
  • Switch, Merc, Inventory – same as Nova Sorc
Build: Again ~15 hard points into Static, 1 pt Frozen Armor rest into Fire Skills and pre-reqs

Didn't record any gamplay with her, and I didn't feel my numbers in terms of efficiency (155-160 P5 cows/min) did her justice. Also didn't run long enough to make any conclusions really. At this point I think she's similarly strong as Nova Sorc, but could be better, e.g. Gripphon claimed she can hang with or even exceed the top build numbers.

Last edited:
I ran a little over 6 hours of cows for Round 1 with a trapsin and the rest with a griffonsless ES/nova sorc. Started with both on p5, but ended up going down to p3 for the majority of the set.

Mavra - Trapsin
Setup
  • 2/20 traps circlet (unsocketed)
  • 2 sin caster amulet
  • Hoto
  • Enigma
  • Phoenix
  • Magefist
  • Stone of Jordan
  • Ravenfrost
  • Arachs
  • Treks
  • Might merc with andys, infinity, and fort
  • A few skillers and 1 fhr large charm
Normal trapsin with max fireblast. Doing the 4 Death Sentry and fireblast gameplay. Was pretty comfy to play but would die every now and then while amp'd.

Sample Runs

Kumori - Nova Sorc
Setup
  • Shako (psapphire)
  • Maras
  • Crescent Moon
  • Vipermagi (psapphire)
  • Spirit
  • Magefist
  • Dual SoJ
  • Arachs
  • Silkweave
  • Defiance merc with andys, infinity, and fort
  • Some skillers and and 1 fhr sc
Max energy zero vita. Had 2.9k mana and like 550 hp after BO. Kinda wish i'd gotten like 800 hp after BO, but would have to see if mana was still self-sustaining. Verrrry comfy to run. My favorite since it was so chill. Nice since no potting, and amp is not a big deal. But I wasn't very good at checking boss packs and would die every once in a while. Skills were Max ES, max TK, max nova, max light mastery, enough points in static to get like 20 soft points, and the rest in warmth. @Aldo I like that 1 pt frost nova idea! I'll try that sometime too.

Sample Runs

Efficiency with both characters was similar for me, and p3 was similar to p5 and were around 90 p5 cows per min. Hope I well exceed that next year. We'll see!

Last edited:
I ran my 1 and only set with my HC lvl 91 Trapsin. Ran mostly on p3, tried p5 but when amp'd it was to sketch to keep going. Never good to lose a HC char. But this was the most Cow runs I've ever done. It was decent though.

Gear Setup:

Shako w/P topaz
34 Res HoTo
35 FCR Spirit Monarch
MageFist
BKWB
Ravenfrost
Dungo's
Nat's Boots
Enigma Dusk Shroud
2/10 FCR/+20 Str./10 LR crafted amulet

6 BO CTA and Spirit on Switch

Max Vita build with stats.

Skills: 20 FB, 6 Schock web, 20 CBS, 20 LS, 20 DS, 7 Shadow Warrior. rest are in pre-reqs

Javazon LightningRiderS, ended lvl 90+

She had been built specifically for this RFL round.

She had the chance to have an Enigma armor and three skillers, used somehow classical stuff, with an IAS socketed Shako as she didn't (and still doesn't) have a Griffon available.

I played her without too much pressure, she hadn't the stuff to have a chance for a top 10, so it was a cool play. Making only one set maybe helped a bit - for real i don't know how you did three sets @art_vandelay, that's just plain crazy! ;)

Once again thanks to @PhineasB for hosting this first round and see you all on round 2 with my HC Zealer (if someone is trading HC PComb or Necro summoning skillers... just in case <3 )!

Name: LightningRiderS
Class: Amazon
Experience: 1705923982
Level: 90

Naked/Gear
Strength: 76/181
Dexterity: 69/131
Vitality: 380/419
Energy: 15/22
HP: 1368/1540
Mana: 148/431
Stamina: 533/533
Defense: 17/1817
AR: 315/1029

Fire: 90/50/-10
Cold: 127/87/27
Lightning: 120/80/20
Poison: 113/73/13

MF: 280 Block: 30
GF: 175
FR/W: 109
FHR: 60
IAS: 35
FCR: 35

Magic Arrow: 0/0
Fire Arrow: 0/0
Cold Arrow: 0/0
Multiple Shot: 0/0
Exploding Arrow: 0/0
Ice Arrow: 0/0
Guided Arrow: 0/0
Strafe: 0/0
Immolation Arrow: 0/0
Freezing Arrow: 0/0

Inner Sight: 1/11
Critical Strike: 1/11
Dodge: 0/0
Slow Missiles: 1/11
Avoid: 0/0
Penetrate: 1/11
Decoy: 1/11
Evade: 0/0
Valkyrie: 0/0
Pierce: 1/11

Jab: 1/16
Power Strike: 12/27
Poison Javelin: 1/16
Impale: 0/0
Lightning Bolt: 20/35
Charged Strike: 20/35
Plague Javelin: 1/16
Fend: 0/0
Lightning Strike: 20/35
Lightning Fury: 20/35

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 139
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x6054f769
Item Level: 88
+2 to All Skills
+15% Increased Attack Speed
All Stats +2
+135 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+135 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Damage Reduced by 10%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Jewel of Fervor

Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xaf28988d
Item Level: 80
+15% Increased Attack Speed

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xef8dda3c
Item Level: 85
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +21

Enigma
Archon Plate
JahIthBer
Defense: 1271
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0x3a959e17
+2 to All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
+754 Defense
+67 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced by 8%
+14 Life after each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
90% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Ith Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x2de12c8b
Item Level: 49
+70 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
29% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xbfc6049e
Item Level: 65
+231 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Razortail
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 105
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 32
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x7cb37d46
Piercing Attack
+10 to Maximum Damage
+145% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+15 to Dexterity
Attacker Takes Damage of (Based on Character Level) 90

Rune Hand
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 10
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0x282f9f60
Item Level: 58
+20% Increased Attack Speed
3% Mana stolen per hit
Cold Resist +26%
Fire Resist +17%
Poison Resist +12%

Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 79 - 212
One Hand Damage: 79 - 155
Quantity: 140
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 109
Fingerprint: 0x9c78edeb
Item Level: 70
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk
200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25 - 50 Damage
8% Life stolen per hit
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
Increased Stack Size
Replenishes quantity

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 120
Durability: 44 of 48
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0xd6a3129a
Item Level: 88
+25% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 15 - 25 Damage
+152% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
40% Slower Stamina Drain
Attacker Takes Damage of 7
47% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+30 Maximum Durability

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 140
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 83 of 86
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0x34fab039
+2 to All Skills
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+96 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+7 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x15655f0c
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+22 to Life

Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x16cb8e88
21% Extra Gold from Monsters

Harpoonist's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x693ec9d4

Amber Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc2748d29
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Lightning Resist +11%

Coral Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x71e77b12
+15 to Life
Lightning Resist +8%

Fine Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x12fc17f0
Item Level: 73
+3 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Fine Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0xe6c7e60e
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating

Fine Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x76689109
Item Level: 73
+3 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Attack Rating
9% Extra Gold from Monsters

Fine Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1fd9107
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+14 to Attack Rating

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd155203
+2 to Maximum Damage
+15 to Attack Rating
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7333dc2
+1 to Maximum Damage
+12 to Attack Rating

Fine Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb42084dd
+2 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Attack Rating
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Russet Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xa25f3180
+1 to Strength
Fire Resist +7%

Snake's Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x98b266c9
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+12 to Mana

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1c4540c2
Item Level: 75
145% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 12%
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Shimmering Grand Charm of Thunder
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb91b3ef9
Adds 1 - 19 Lightning Damage
All Resistances +15

Name: Hazade
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: Def-Normal
Experience: 81081044
Level: 90
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 199/204
Dexterity: 161/166
HP: 2030/2030
Defense: 1487/2585
AR: 2033/441161

Fire: 157/117/57
Cold: 187/147/87
Lightning: 157/117/57
Poison: 157/117/57

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 22 of 40
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0x297b1450
Item Level: 86
Adds 6 - 22 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
8% Mana stolen per hit
8% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Damage Reduced by 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 14

Treachery
Dusk Shroud
ShaelThulLem
Defense: 846
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 67
Fingerprint: 0x908b564b
Item Level: 84
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Lem Rune

Insight
Cryptic Axe
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 175 - 762
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 155
Required Dexterity: 93
Fingerprint: 0xca6a94ab
Item Level: 84
Level 17 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
239% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
216% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+1 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
+2 to Mana after each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Salama - Javazon level 91

Round entirely done with javazon on /players 5. Lightning fury is immensively mana hungry which I first tried to mitigate with using Silkweaves. They did help, but with a manapool of around 500, i still did not like it. I replaced some mf scs with mana scs for first aid. Later I respecced and statted lots of energy which helped me to reach 1146 mana with BO on. With this amount she was much more pleasant to handle. Eventhough this lowered her total life by quite a lot, I only got her killed once while teleing into a massive fana pack. It's SC so no problem. Resistances were abysmal, but that wasn't a problem in cow level or when fetching the leg either. I'm slow with her and the runs were in 5 minutes range, but tossing a javelin or two into a tight pack of cows is soooo satisfying :p

Tested Highlord's instead of Mara's, but felt more comfortable with Mara's. After amassing some more mana, Silkweaves were replaced with WTs. Oh, and I hate amazon fcr breakpoints. Teleporting is awkward. Also, I'm really, REALLY wanting a 1.07 mpk ring for the 2021 RFL and arrangements will be made.

Equipment:
Head: Griffon's -20/+15, socketed with -4/+4 facet
Body: 'Enigma' 15/15 superior mageplate
Belt: Thundergod's 200%
Gloves: Rare 2/20, +6 str, +25% cold res
Boots: Wartraveller 41% / Silkweave
Weapon: Titan's
Shield: 'Spirit'
Swap: 3 bo eth cs CtA, 'Spirit'
Rings: SoJ, Ravenfrost 20 dex
Amulet: Mara's +29% / Highlord's

Inventory:
Another stack of Titan's
2x java skillers (all I have)
39% Gheed's
5x 7%mf sc
17 mana / 3frw sc
15 mana / 2 dex sc
16 mana / 1 dex sc
16 mana / 3-6 cold dmg sc
15 mana / 5 fhr sc
17 mana / 17 life sc

Mercenary:
Act 2 holy freeze
'Infinity' ethereal thresher +295% dmg
Andariel's Visage 149/29/9, socketed with 15 ias jewel
'Fortitude' 2543 def ebug hellforge plate 28/1 / 'Treachery' ebug archon plate

Stats:
Enough for gear, 115 in energy and rest into vita.

Fire: 33/-7/-67
Cold: 93/53/-7
Lightning: 68/28/-32
Poison: 68/28/-32

MF: 197 Block: 29
GF: 130
FR/W: 103
FHR: 60
IAS: 20
FCR: 59

Build:
Regular furyzon

Passives:
Critical Strike: 1
Dodge: 1
Avoid: 1
Penetrate: 1
Evade: 1
Pierce: 1

Javelin skills:
Power Strike: 12
Lightning Bolt: 20
Charged Strike: 20
Lightning Strike: 20
Lightning Fury: 20
And prerequisites of course

Last edited:
This was my first time running Cows on such a scale and it was a lot more enjoyable than I would have thought. My sets go from a clear plan to total chaos:
  1. Java (10h) ; Fissure (10h)
  2. Blizzard (6h 40min) ; Fire Sorc (6h 40min) ; Fire Sorc* (2h 50min) ; Java* (3h 50min)
  3. Java* (6h 15min) ; Fissure* p7 (3h 45min) ; Fire Sorc* (10h)
I ran Java on p7 and everything else on p5 except for the second stretch of Druid in which I leveled a Druid from 81 to 88 on p7. I also marked those streches in which I picked up Gems with *'s. Originally I wanted to split each set into two characters except for the sorceress set which would be split between Blizzard, Fire and Nova. Didn't work out the way I planned :p

After two thirds of the second set my Sorc killed the CK and I had to switch characters, very unpleasant! And to add insult to injury the runcounter mangled my profiles 7 hours before the end, so there's 3 hours missing from my run counter screenshots:
rfl20r1s1runcounter.png
rfl20r1s2runcounter.png
rfl20r1s3runcounter.png
I'm ok with all of those times, the second Fissure set is a bit rough though :rolleyes: (Might have been out of it after running cows for 45 hours at that point...)

In spoilers I put my setups I posted on the old forum with some comments and videos:
99fcr/86fhr/20ias setup
Enigma
Upped Titan's
Spirit
Griffon's 'Cham'
2/19 Amulet
10/30 MPK ring
FCR, Mana, @ rare ring
Razortail
Eth Sandstorms
3/20 Gloves
12FHR/100Def GC, 4 Skillers (only one with life)
Rest are Life SCs with nice adds (def/res)

Merc (Defiance)
Infinity
Forti
Andi's

The MPK ring is just crazy, the only time I need to drink mana potions is immediately after I get hit with mana burn.

I respecced her somewhere midset to remove the points in Decoy and Dodge, the first having no purpose in Cows and the second because it interrupts my throws way too often for my taste.

After the respec I had about 300 more base life and switched the amulet for HLW, replaced upped Titan's with regular Titan's, added Phoenix on switch and dropped the fcr rare ring for one with LL/CR/@ but quickly came back to SoJ here. I only have one Griffon's so 15% IAS jewel wasn't an option :D This new setup got to 68fcr/86fhr/30ias. I didn't end up using the Phoenix switch much at all...
I ran without Grizzly and even tested out dropping Oak Sage because minions cause cows to stand still and then they don't take proper damage from fissure. That wasn't a smart idea; the bonus from Oak pushes me over 4k life and apparently that's enough to have significantly lower chance to go into hit recovery and thus stay alive after a bad teleport.

The Druid I did the first set with has a map in which CK is alone in the middle of the fort with only small amounts of cows around him, major packs spawn outside the fort. The other Druid had no such luck!

99fcr/42fhr
HotO
Enigma
Phoenix
Ravenlore 'Shael'
2/10 Druid Amu (no other good stats)
SoJ
fcr/9@/89 mana ring
Magefist
Arach
eth Sandstorm's
4 Elemental Skillers with 21 to 31 life each
Vita SCs
5% fhr SC with fres

Merc (Might)
Infinity
Forti
Andariel's

I decided against a facet in the Ravenlore and added the Shael + fhr SC in order to gain two more hit recovery frames. This isn't optimal and in a better world I'd use two skillers with fhr instead.

I made a short video of him which turned out better than expected:
Two things I noticed while watching:
  • I don't just teleport in a circle, I mostly zig-zag to not miss big packs but that costs time and maybe a strict circular route would be faster.
  • In order to keep moving I teleport back and forth over packs and in that process I sometimes overshoot so that some Cows on the Fissures aren't convicted anymore. I think the technique of 'hopping over packs' is good as it keeps them moving but the loss of conviction is problematic. I think this is where Facet Weapon+Spirit would really outshine HotO+Phoenix, with the +% FSD partly making up for the lost -% EFR.
Here's a comparison where I assume that I already replaced Shael in Ravenlore with FHR-Skillers and added a perfect facet:
  1. No Conviction, Phoenix+HotO: 50-28-25=-3 ; Res Bonus: *1,03 ; FSD: *1,05 __ Total: *1,0815
  2. Conviction, Phoenix+HotO: 50-85-28-25=-** ; Res Bonus: *1,** ; FSD: *1,05 __ Total: *1,974
  3. No Conviction, Facet Weapon+Spirit: 50-30-25=-5; Res Bonus: *1,05 ; FSD: *1,35 __ Total: *1,4175
  4. Conviction, Facet Weapon+Spirit: 50-85-30-25=-90; Res Bonus: *1,9 ; FSD: *1,35 __ Total: *2,565
I technically lose +1 Skill from the HotO but one could argue that replacing SoJ with beta BKWB solves that and makes it a fair comparison. The most staggering difference is in the case where conviction didn't trigger yet.
I wanted to start out with full damage outfit but I realized that Blizzard Sorc is too fragile for that so I replaced Ormus with 1.07 Arkaines pushing my life from 1,7k to nearly 2,5k and replaced Spirit switch with Phoenix. She wass still a powerhouse and I don't regret making her safer at all.

105fcr/86fhr
Fathom '29% CRes jewel' (really)
1.07 Arkaine's 'PRuby'
Spirit
Griffon's 'Cham'
Mara's 30@
TO's Gloves
SoJ
Snowclash
fcr/89mana/9@
Waterwalk 65 Life
5 x Skiller
5 FHR SC
4x4 free space

CtA/Phoenix switch

Merc (Defiance)
Insight GPA
Fortitude
Andariel's

That's nearly 2,5k life, decent resists and Chilling armor from Snowclash together with Defiance from merc. Arkaine's has like 1,5k def alone and with Defiance and Chilling Armor I had over 10k def. Due to my high life the chance to go into hit recovery from one regular cow (no aura, amp or crit) hitting me was 37,5% in roughly 5/6 of hits and 0% in roughly 1/6 of hits (rough numbers!) so I could get out of bad teleport situations safely.

I did the XP efficiency method with her and arrived at an estimate of about 130 Cows/min which was seriously dissappointing so I wasn't too sad to dump her for Fire Sorc. In any case her map wasn't too great since I had to avoid the Fort a bit too much and ended up losing out on big packs more often than not. Here's a short video of one (good) run:
Note that in this video I hit the sweet spot for TK'ing stash so that I don't run towards stash after cubing Wirt's Leg! :sneaky:
42% fhr, 105% fcr
HotO
1.07 Arkaine's 'PRuby'
Phoenix
Griffon's 'Cham'
Mara's
Magefist
2xSoJ
Arach
Waterwalk
3-4 x Fire Skiller
12% FHR/100 Def GC
life/def SCs

If I managed to craft a +2 Fire/Sorc amulet with +15% (or higher) faster cast I would potentially switch HotO for Fortitude. The reasoning here is that I calculated the damage FB and Meteor do and compared it to cow life after static and Meteor is a one hit kill whereas FB does it in two hits. So I could drop HotO and Mara's with Fortitude and 2/15 craft to gain a huge def boost while not loosing killing speed. In fact I might even keep the same damage numbers if I switch the two SoJ's for beta BKWB's.

I calculated that I could drop my chance to be hit from 28% to 23% and potentially lower if I replace skillers with defense GCs. Those can have more life as well and together with Fortitude, a potential Ber in Arkaine's and beta CtA I might be able to never go into hit recovery from regular cows while staying close to 20% chance to be hit overall.

I died quite a few times with her so defense is worthwile. At least if I want to keep up my reckless playstyle of standing inside cow packs :D

I generally enjoyed my time with Fire Sorc, she felt the most dynamic while providing very satisfying kills (that 'Air Strike' feeling only Meteor can provide :D). There isn't much to say about Java, she's a natural at this and even when I was frustrated after killing CK with Fire Sorc I had no problems picking her up for a 2:42 average stint to end the second set. She probably was my most efficient character because I never had to hold back around the CK and killed on p7. (no estimates though since none of my Java's is 94+)

Blizzard is pretty dull but of course perfectly viable. In comparison Fissure provides a similar playstyle but somehow it's more fun, maybe because of Phoenix main and 4k life? Who knows, he's the most easy going Cow Runner by far and isn't easily killed (unless you're careless like me!)

I only used two pieces of time travel hax: 1.07 MPK ring with 30 MPK on Java and 1.07 Arkaine's on Sorc and in both cases it was a complete game changer, more mana and more life for nothing essentially. I definitely recommend getting yourself some of those items from the past ;)

I'm never doing 60 hours of Cows again.

Travincal round runner
ThouShallNotDie, Conviction Zealer, HC character

b0VT4rpl.jpg

ThouShallNotDie started lvl 86+ and ended right up to 91, running mostly p3, sometimes p5. Here is his dump at the end of the journey.
Name: ThouShallNotDie
Class: Paladin
Experience: 1772490631
Level: 91

Naked/Gear
Strength: 104/142
Dexterity: 136/144
Vitality: 295/335
Energy: 15/23
HP: 1105/1205
Mana: 150/266
Stamina: 449/498
Defense: 34/1873
AR: 665/881

Fire: 169/129/69
Cold: 144/104/44
Lightning: 144/104/44
Poison: 144/104/44

MF: 282 Block: 38
GF: 326
FR/W: 30
FHR: 83
IAS: 60
FCR: 34

Sacrifice: 20/26
Smite: 1/7
Holy Bolt: 1/7
Zeal: 20/26
Charge: 1/7
Vengeance: 0/0
Blessed Hammer: 1/7
Conversion: 0/0
Holy Shield: 20/26
Fist of the Heavens: 0/0

Might: 1/6
Holy Fire: 1/6
Thorns: 1/6
Blessed Aim: 0/0
Concentration: 0/0
Holy Freeze: 1/6
Holy Shock: 0/0
Sanctuary: 1/6
Fanaticism: 0/0
Conviction: 20/25

Prayer: 1/6
Resist Fire: 0/0
Defiance: 10/15
Resist Cold: 0/0
Cleansing: 1/6
Resist Lightning: 0/0
Vigor: 1/6
Meditation: 0/0
Redemption: 0/0
Salvation: 0/0

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 29 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0x3f31a254
Item Level: 59
Adds 6 - 22 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
6% Mana stolen per hit
8% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Damage Reduced by 20%
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Corruption Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xf5b2ff81
All Resistances +14
Fire Resist +15%
79% Extra Gold from Monsters
34% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Chains of Honor
Superior Archon Plate
DolUmBerIst
Defense: 945
Durability: 45 of 60
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0x386746d
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion
+2 to All Skills
+200% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
8% Life stolen per hit
+80% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced by 8%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Dwarf Star
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xcf77a259
+40 to Life
+40 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Fire Absorb 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 13
100% Extra Gold from Monsters

Wisp Projector
Ring
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xd56530bc
10% Chance to cast level 16 Lightning on striking
Lightning Absorb 11%
19% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (11/11 Charges)
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (13/13 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (15/15 Charges)

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 108
Durability: 19 of 22
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x14e8631e
Item Level: 60
8% Life stolen per hit
+168% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 11%
Magic Damage Reduced by 13
+10 Maximum Durability

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 82
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x67babb09
10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Grief
Phase Blade
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xca827fa5
Item Level: 81
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+40% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +356
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+170% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-21% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+15 Life after each Kill
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune

Rhyme
Sacred Rondache
ShaelEth
Defense: 153
Chance to Block: 48
Durability: 54 of 68
Required Level: 52
Required Strength: 109
Fingerprint: 0x67ffef19
+40% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +56
Cannot Be Frozen
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune

Call to Arms
Superior Flail
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 3 - 85
Durability: 34 of 34
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0xc7c21a57
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
255% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+4 to Battle Command
+4 to Battle Orders
+2 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Increase Maximum Durability 14%
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Spirit
Royal Shield
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 163
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 114
Fingerprint: 0xf63a2994
Item Level: 63
+2 to All Skills
+34% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+102 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
All Resistances +23
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+6 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ort Rune

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 134
Durability: 44 of 48
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0xdf25fc12
Item Level: 59
+25% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 15 - 25 Damage
+180% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
40% Slower Stamina Drain
Attacker Takes Damage of 6
43% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+30 Maximum Durability

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x6a569219
Item Level: 13

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe65dd4b5
147% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 13%
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Lion Branded Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1bb350a
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+27 to Life

Steel Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x529c7384
+114 to Attack Rating
+33 to Life

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9eb3d585

Fiery Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd063d47d
Adds 1 - 3 Fire Damage

Stout Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x29f1ab48
+1 Defense

Steel Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x1f294a4c
+36 to Attack Rating

Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x24369
All Resistances +4

Garnet Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf95130f7
Fire Resist +9%

Rugged Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x95522bf3
+9 Maximum Stamina

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x36da8a30

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1f36f24f
Item Level: 68

Serpent's Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x86ffa2f1
+14 to Mana

Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xda0dee1e

Shimmering Large Charm of Balance
Large Charm
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0xee0134bc
+8% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resistances +6

Sharp Large Charm of Inertia
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7ab10f95
+5% Faster Run/Walk
+4 to Maximum Damage
+25 to Attack Rating

Stout Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x81d06cd7
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+7 Defense

Burly Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2bcd1c46
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+19 Defense

Smoldering Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa85977f1
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 2 - 7 Fire Damage

Glowing Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x641d4e49
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1 - 23 Lightning Damage

Mercenary:
Name: Kasim
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: Def-Nightmare
Experience: 75254170
Level: 85
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 186/196
Dexterity: 150/160
HP: 1767/1827
Defense: 1302/3550
AR: 1913/1913

Fire: 186/146/86
Cold: 186/146/86
Lightning: 186/146/86
Poison: 186/146/86

Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Death Mask
Defense: 109
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x827dd899
Item Level: 66
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +15

The Gladiator's Bane
Wire Fleece
Defense: 2139
Durability: 120 of 120
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 101
Fingerprint: 0xc601c7bf
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+189% Enhanced Defense
+50 Defense
Damage Reduced by 18
Magic Damage Reduced by 20
Cannot Be Frozen
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
Attacker Takes Damage of 20
+103 Maximum Durability
Ethereal

Obedience
Thresher
HelKoThulEthFal
Two Hand Damage: 56 - 662
Durability: 38 of 65
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 122
Required Dexterity: 95
Fingerprint: 0xa5dc60fc
Item Level: 81
30% Chance to cast level 21 Enchant when you Kill an Enemy
+40% Faster Hit Recovery
370% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
+208 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +22
Requirements -20%
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Hel Rune
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Fal Rune

He ran all the way without merc, as I hadn't any stuff for him to stay alive. The Gladiator Bane has been found during the round, tried, but didn't change anything for the merc indeed.

Times weren't skyrocketing, but I had to play safely anyway. Went with a MF setup that ended around 280 thanks to nice charm drops, the 19MF Wisp, and a nice MF/GF amulet with resistances. No Crushing Blow, but WT and a much safer Vamp gaze - I wanted to make the full batch, not just some fast timing. And it was indeed the first real MF session I made in HC, before it was mostly about LK running.
fnzzrCel.png

In the end, 5 qualifiers found, quite a surprise on the quantity, but that's in the good way, so I take it!

For non-qualifiers, found a lot of stuff, like Occulus, Homonculus, mf charms, the best one being the 36ar/7mf, and the two facets -5/4 cold and lightning #YaY

See you soon for the results, if I find something interesting to add later I'll edit this post ;-)

Last edited:
Ahhh Travincal.

I ran with Eleanor the lvl 99 Blizz sorc. She is my go-to for the Trav, and I didn't bother changing anything since last year other than maybe some slight charm upgrades.

Gear is as follows:

Nightwings (15% + 5/5 facet)
Havoc Scarab crafted caster amulet (to reach 105% fcr breakpoint)
Code:
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x325a655f
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Maximum Damage
+11 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 5%
All Resistances +17
Half Freeze Duration
CoH
Fathom + facet
Spirit
Trangs gloves
Arach
SoJ/Dwarf Star
Aldurs boot (life+FR+frw=gg)

Ran 8 skillers this year, 2 columns for picking. I didn't pick any Ral/Sol or crafting gems, just, facets, qualifying runes, and charms if I happen to notice them right away.

Blizz damage: 10-11k
Life: 2.2k
Mana: ~700

She ran around 19s or so this time as I was a bit more lax with my running. She can top out around 18, and even slightly sub-18 when I really dial it in. I don't have a recent video of her, but here is one from 2017. Gear is a bit worse in the video, and I like to think that with thousands of Trav runs since then I've gotten cleaner at running, but this will do just fine for now.

I respeced my Meteorb 'Alpina' (more suiting towards Blizzard build anyway) I had parked for a long while (didn't play her since last summer). She was level 85 when I started test running and is currently sitting at 93 and a bit.

I went for a survivability build naturally. I will definitely change some things around if I am to run Travincal more with her but I just didn't want to test stuff while running. So despite the fact she was not that good I stuck with it. Main problems which slowed me down were low mana, low-ish life and, naturally, the moron who kept dying. Whenever there was a LECE roll I had to move away from my landing spot to avoid taking damage so I don't have to use rejuvs and he got destroyed by the hydras. He probably survived 9/10 runs, tho, so it was not unbearable.

Gear
Fathom 30% 4/-5 facet
Stormshield Um
Shako Um
Viper 35/13 PRuby
Trang's (tried Magefist, they were not helping)
Arach
War Travs 49% MF
Dwarf
10FCR 15 ENE 24Lres 23Fres 7MF
And this beauty
Stone Collar
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x184dc9a2
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+12 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 4%
All Resistances +6
9% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Life: 1.6k
Mana: 800
Blizz Damage: 6.3k (only 1 skiller used)
MF: 166%

Merc
Infinity
Steel Shade (I'll happily slap a Cham in here but I simply don't have a decent roll one... best I have is 9 sorb)
CoH

Survival wise it was rock solid. I did not have a single NDE. Only a couple of oh shit stop whacking me moments were I knew I took damage but it was not a lot.

0Xy1uyu.png

A quick preview of some testing I did prior to the RFL. Before I actually had any idea what I'm doing and slightly more charms used on these runs.

I ran a soul-crushing (not 2), but 3+ sets with my 1.07 Orb Sorc. Managed to level up from 92.1-93.5 though.

Gear:
  • Shako
  • Arkaine's Valor
  • Tal's Adjunction
  • Arch-Angel's Crystalline Globe: +3 Frozen Orb || +78 Mana
  • Rare Gloves: +26% CR || +25% LR || +20% MF
  • M'avina's Tenet
  • Crafted Boots: +40% FRW || +24% CR || +20% MF
  • Ring1: +29 MPK/FCR Ring2: +10 MPK/resists
Merc:
  • Vamp Gaze
  • Tal's Guardianship
  • Ethereal Husoldal Evo
Actually looking at her gear, I could have probably just worn LoH for the absorb, although she was rarely in any danger. Merc could probably use some improvement, as he is difficult to keep alive. Perhaps a lvl 99 Blood Craft is in his future.

Mind you, the haul pics are from 3+ sets, which consisted of a total of 1200 LK + 1200 Trav runs. Epic haul.. :rolleyes:
Screenshot711.jpg
The fact that I bothered to PU (and managed to fit into one pic) all these "mid" runes should give you an idea of what 1.07 is like..
Screenshot710.jpg
The Po from Haul pic + 4 Lums (used for crafting), all from LK. The 2x Kos did come from Trav though..
Screenshot685.jpg
Screenshot690.jpg
Screenshot699.jpg
Screenshot705.jpg
Screenshot707.jpg

I know rune drops are terrible in 1.07, but I figured I would at least score something from either LK or Trav. I will probably eventually level her off to 95 with similar runs. Her racking days are basically finished. She at least found a fair amount of cool charms/blues (linked below), which is the other reason her runtimes are so slow. I estimate that I checked/ID at least 10K items over this entire round. Nearly 3 min runtime was her average for most of the sets, however I was able to speed that up (2:30 or even low 2:00's) towards the end. Added a whopping 200 runs to my target of 1000 in just the final 2 days. Hopefully, after a few days (and reviewing some of the goodies) the disappointment will fade..
1-100
101-200
201-300
301-400
401-500
501-600
601-700
701-800
801-900
901-1000
1001-1100
1101-1200

Ran 20 hours of trav for Round 2 on p3 with my blizzard sorc. I tried out a 3 piece tals setup on her (303mf), which is what I would recommend for general running (was avg'ing just under 24s with that setup), but I stuck with a higher dmg setup (with 153mf) to keep those runtimes under 22s.

Arkana - Blizz Sorc
Setup
  • Nightwings 14csd (-3/+5 facet)
  • Maras 30@
  • Hoto 40@
  • Vipermagi 35@ (ptopaz)
  • Spirit 35fcr
  • Hellmouth
  • Stone of Jordan
  • Nagelring 30mf
  • Snowclash
  • War Travs 38mf
  • Might merc with infinity, kiras (ias), guardian angel (ias)
  • Gheeds, 4 skillers, life/all res sc, 4x 7mf scs
Normal blizz skill points, but with CM to 190, and static to at least approx 12 yd radius.

Sample Runs

Last edited:
Death, the Untwinked 99er Barb, and Hazade the A2 Might Merc

Like last year, I ran Round 2 with my untwinked 99er Barb, who had just dinged lvl 97 prior to the start of the round. It was a productive round, most importantly picking up Highlord's, some additional charm upgrades, and cubing up to Ber for Beast that will be offhand weapon when he switches to Nihl for 98-99.

Gear-wise, Death's was much better than last year, with Enigma and charm upgrades the main improvement, but also the 50 MF War Travelers that he used instead of Gore Riders to increase odds of rare rings. Sadly, he got no upgrades there.

Merc was squishier than last year, because I had muled off Kira's (Death has added restriction of no extended stash) and hadn't found another over the last half of lvl 96 or during this round. He had Reaper's, Andy's/Duriel's for first half (eth CoT/GA when the CoT dropped near halfway mark). So he generally died to conviction, although it became a game within a game to keep him alive to conviction. By then end, I managed to do it nearly half the time. So still more resurrections were needed than last year, offsetting the faster run times slightly.

I thought I'd taken a Go Mule dump at the end of the round, but apparently not. He's since regeared for Baal, so this is my best recollection of Death's gear:

Gear
- Arreat's
- Enigma Mage Plate
- up'ed SOE (8/15/15)
- LoH
- 50 MF War Traveler (switched to Gores around 15 hour mark to speed up runs and help merc survive conviction by faster killing)
- 250/19 Ravenfrost
- 120 AR/6ML rare with strength, life and lightning resist (swapped for 10 FCR 5ML with low AR, min damage, fire and poison resists when Highlord's was equipped)
- 2/7 FCR ammy w 8ML and 22MF (swapped for Highlord's)
- dual Grief PBs (394/371)
- Wizzy/Suicide Branch

Backpack
- 4 125+ AR Steel GCs with secondary mods, 128 AR plain Steel GC, 9/74 sharp
- 2 Sharp large charms (which I realized provide more +damage and AR than the other Sharp GC/fine SC combos I had)
- Fine, steel, shimmering, resist SCs with vita or FHR mods

Approach:
1. Teleport into temple where all council gathered, landing away from walls so they ran to the middle (this minimized blind spots to the south and southeast along the walls).
2a. If no conviction, whirl until dead, hork, teleport to WP.
2b. With conviction, telestomp convicted boss (almost always near the wall to northwest), mini-whirls to target him until dead, teleport back to east (out of hydras), hope merc survived, whirl until dead, hork, teleport to WP (resurrect merc if necessary).

Thoughts:
Even though Sorc is more efficient, I find the Barb play style fun for Trav. I will probably go Sorc next year and try to roll a great-perfect balcony map with her, but I've really enjoyed the last two Round 2 entries with Death. He's also profited handsomely, but ironically probably won't use the Cham x2 he's found, and likely will only use 1 of the remaining 3 Jahs (Dream to test out on Nihl runs as an alternative to Delirium).

Last edited:
I just ran with Trav Blizzy this round, no Barb shenanigans this year for me.

First, normally I go with this setup:
Shako 'Cham'
Fathom 'Ist'
Spirit
CoH
2/20 Cold skills amulet
SoJ
FCR/life/mana rare ring
WT
Arach
Hellmouth

Switch: +6 BO CtA, Spirit

Merc: Infinity, GA, Kira's

Inventory: 6x skillers, Gheed's, 4 SCs with life, CR and some FR (40 total to make use of Hellmouth)

Build is all Blizzard and synergies, Cold Mastery to get -190 CR, 4 hard points in Static

This provides these core stats:
  • 190 MF
  • 9k Blizzard damage
  • 2k life
  • 1k mana
  • 40 FR, max CR, LR,
Her map is "very good but not perfect". Here's a few runs I recorded during 2019 RFL, I used the same character and map this year:

Now this year I started the round late and therefore chose to focus completely on runes, ignoring MF and going for high damage even though it doesn't do that much. So I respec'ed her, allocating stat and skill points to go along with this setup:
  • faceted NWV (20/5)
  • faceted Fathom (25/5)
  • faceted Blizzard Ormus (16/5)
  • Spirit
  • Mara's
  • Hellmouth
  • FCR/life/mana ring
  • SoJ
  • Rare FRW/resist boots
  • Arach
Everything else remained as per the standard setup above. Core stats:
  • 1.7k life
  • 900 mana
  • 40 all resist
  • 12k Blizzard damage
  • no MF
As mentioned in the sign-up thread, run times were around 16.2 seconds average, merely 0.2s faster, so not really worth it in general. Maybe next year I'll have the motivation to try to roll something closer to a perfect map and then look to really optimize her setup and run times... but until I find one, I think I'll just stick with the more balanced 190 MF, 9k Blizzard setup for Trav running.

For Round 2, I ran my recently created, lightly twinked, blizzsorc....Blizzness.

Created on March 30, 2020 and quickly played through rescuing Anya in Hell and reaching 85 before the start of the round but stopped short of completing Matriarch just yet.

Then equipped in full Tal's with a 35 FCR Spirit, Magefists, 2x Dwarf Star rings, and Aldur's boots with a +1 BO CTA/Spirit Shield switch.
Total 105 FCR, 226 MF

Ran sans merc as I didn't have infinity for him so he didn't help much, nor did I have the right gear to keep him alive through the hydra storms.

Full stats readout:
Name: Blizzness
Class: Sorceress
Experience: 1803655285
Level: 91

Naked/Gear
Strength: 156/156
Dexterity: 25/45
Vitality: 329/351
Energy: 35/45
HP: 828/1470
Mana: 215/554
Stamina: 483/743
Defense: 6/1495
AR: 75/175

Fire: 158/118/58
Cold: 120/80/20
Lightning: 188/148/88
Poison: 115/75/15

MF: 176 Block: 6
GF: 267
FR/W: 40
FHR: 55
IAS: 0
FCR: 105

Fire Bolt: 0/0
Warmth: 1/7
Inferno: 1/7
Blaze: 1/7
Fire Ball: 0/0
Fire Wall: 1/7
Enchant: 0/0
Meteor: 0/0
Fire Mastery: 0/4
Hydra: 0/0

Charged Bolt: 0/0
Static Field: 3/8
Telekinesis: 1/6
Nova: 0/0
Lightning: 0/0
Chain Lightning: 0/0
Teleport: 1/6
Thunder Storm: 0/0
Energy Shield: 0/0
Lightning Mastery: 0/3

Ice Bolt: 15/20
Frozen Armor: 1/6
Frost Nova: 1/6
Ice Blast: 20/25
Shiver Armor: 0/0
Glacial Spike: 20/25
Blizzard: 20/25
Chilling Armor: 0/0
Frozen Orb: 0/0
Cold Mastery: 14/21

Character sheet:
CharacterSheetEnd.jpg

I spent about an hour maybe rolling up this far from ideal map:
TravMap.jpg

Green circle was Geleb's group, blue circle was Torc, and gold/orange circle was Ishmail's group.
The red X is where I would target to land as the corner kept them from generally swarming too quickly and was generally safe.

Red arrows mark the times they would scatter which was probably 33% of the time resulting in about 55 second runs, the other 66ish% they would take the green arrow approach and bunch along the ledge/stairs, those runs were <35 seconds

Sadly without infinity I always had to leave Torc, and every time Ishmail was cold enchanted he was immune as well. When they rolled a dangerous mod combination I would often teleport to the safety of the upper balcony/inside the building and finish them from there.

After ending the round, I toyed around a bit with my PNova necro and enjoyed those runs better than this sorc so I might work on equipping him better for next year.
For now, she remains my only blizz sorc and may see some AT runs for MFO down the road :) Also, I will likely take her through the Mat before the year ends too.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

ROUND THREE - AREAS

--

Back to HC for me this round, I built a Hammerdin specifically for it to run the CS as safely as possible. I laid out my thoughts and theorycrafting path in this post fully, so I'll spare you here and you can read it there if you're interested. Basically, lots of Defence to keep him from getting hit, lots of DR for when he gets hits anyway, and lots of FR and absorb/MDR to handle the infernos, and a pile of life for when all else fails. Apparently it was enough, since he lived! He's great fun to run with, more than strong enough and he feels extremely tanky. I really REALLY like this build for a hammerdin.

Here is a rundown of his equipment and relevant stats:

Crown of Ages (Ber+Vex)
Maras (25 res - best I've got in HC)
Hoto (40 res)/ 35fcr Spirit (40 all res Sacred Targe - again, best I've got in HC)
Enigma Archon Plate
Trangs Gloves
Arach
Hotspur (fully upgraded)
FCR/res ring and Dwarf Star

Hammer dmg: 11k

Life: ~3.1k after BO
Resistances: 95/75/75/75 (overstacked to 120/134/115/104) -> 40% FR after Conviction (for Infector).

Other stats:
FHR: 90% (needed 1 sc of balance to hit the 86% breakpoint)
DR%: 30%
Fabsorb%: 15%
MDR: 15

Merc: A2 Defiance
Andys
Fortitude
Insight eth Thresher (I tried Reapers but like this way better, it's a pure comfort decision)

This is what it looks like. It's from before the round started, but you get the picture. ;)

ljxfd4U.jpg

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High