2020 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

@Gripphon Since MF doesn't seem to bother you, why not replace Ormus/Hellmouth with 1.07 Ark 'Facet'/TO's Gloves (or mages?) and skip BO? Seems like the only place you could still gain time without losing too much safety needed for that level up. The only dealbreaker here is the 400 mana loss and I guess to a lesser extent the 15% CSD / +1 Blizz you lose. But hey, something to theorycraft for you :p

Mana is important :p
I do have 162 MF at the moment which is 13 off the ideal target. What I can test is if I use Ist in Fathom/Ormus/Griffon's will it impact running speed at all while rising my MF to 242. But I'm lazy to check which of my characters has socket quests.

So you see the orange flash. Running around like crazy doesn't help it show. Scanning your mouse over every pixel doesn't make it show. Only standing in this one particular spot and hovering over it will show it (doesn't even show with ALT held while standing here). These are my problems with Travincal.

Screenshot562.jpg

Halfway to 90, halfway set mark for RFL Travincal hit (10 hours done).

Another mf sc upgrade and the various changes brought the MF to now 275, and much more S/U are found.

Third qualifier found, so he may even get a full set, who knows? Still missing the big boy tho.

A try has been given with merc after the drop of an ethereal Gladiator's Bane, but well... Not a success, I kept running alone.

Hopefully the second part of the set will be as productive!

Reactions: CaseyJones
I tested same setup, but MF oriented. So:

Griffon's (Ist)
Ormus 12% Blizzard (Ist)
Crafted amulet
Fathom 28% (Ist)
Spirit
Goldwrap
Wisp
beta BKWB
Hellmouth
War Traveler

Gheed + 6 skillers inventory, MF small charms

Total MF: 272
Runs sample: 30, time: 8:00, average: 16:00 seconds

So, I kinda lost around 0.5 to 0.4 seconds from average for boost of 110 extra MF. That's simply not acceptable!
Kidding aside, this is probably best there can be for facet farming with expection of 3 part Tal which is a bit slower.

I'm going to run for some time with this setup to get a better idea of real average, but seems like reducing Blizzard damage by 2000 and slightly weaker Static didn't impact running nearly at all. Half a second is too little difference to get conclusions yet.

EDIT: perhaps I could use entirely different armor with more MF and reduce damage even more to check the impact of it. More MF is definitely better option if it doesn't have impact on running in big degree

Last edited:
I'm seriously thinking about dropping Gheed's altogether. Just picked up my first one for this Trav round and I forgot that hotmuling would make the runcounter start a new run... This batch of 100 runs is ruined and all I get was another crappy low roll Gheed. Probably one of the worst items in the game. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Luhkoh
@art_vandelay yeah they screw up my runtimes avg too. What I do is hold some of scrolls in belt for this. Makes a run shoot up to 35-40s but doesn’t mess up the run counter.

Anyone having ideal fire resistance number for Travincal while using Hellmouth for most optimal healing effect? I have seen it being posted somewhere.

I calculated it is between 33 and 41 depending from which source we want to counter hydras. Just want to confirm what real value is.
I didn't account for extra damage from player 3 setting...

With that I get ideal is between 41 and 47 depending whose hydras we counter

Using onderduiker's numbers I arrive at close to 24 average damage from Hydras (I take the average for both council member types, then I take the weighed average of those two numbers) and then with 15 absorb the resist should be around 37%. If I take the lowest damage roll (120) and the highest damage roll (164) I get that healing is maximized at 26% and 46% respectively.

Here's a post I found by @ffs which might be what @Luhkoh means:

There probably is a perfect value at which healing is maximized but 26% to 46% is a good window to shoot for. In any case conviction will destroy your healing completely.

I don't think Hydras are affected my playersetting at all and as onderduiker writes they can't crit either.

Thank you @art_vandelay
Yes, conviction is the only dangerous thing in Travincal and I'm not sure which part drops me quickly, are those lightning bolts or invisible frost novas. Whatever it is I am looking for more optimal resistance numbers because I had NDE, in a second went from 1.9k to 200 life...

At this point I'm analysing do I actually want Hellmouth at all. They heal when damage is not relevant anyway. For conviction cases I do consider possibility it might be better to boost cold and lightning resist (and MF!) via gloves than go with Hellmouth. I should test it too.

It's unclear how hydra is handled. The council uses the player skill hydra instead of a special version for monsters so that might be why the PVP penalty is applied in this case. Since crit and playersetting don't apply to player damage I'm going out on a limb here and say that it probably won't apply to the council's hydras either. (pure speculation)

So what we know so far for council:
Skillcritplayer settingp1 damage
Hydrano (onderduiker)?see onderduiker's post
Lightning??92-128
FNova??298-300
The damage numbers for Lightning and FNova are from the basin wiki and I assume they are for p1.

Of course there's also the FE+LE and the CE+LE bug which might have caused your NDE.

I've had a couple of not very severe NDEs all courtesy of LE CE Conviction. Fire res is at 63 with Dwarf Star and have no issue with it whatsoever. But that's not an optimal ring in any case I just don't have anything better at this point.

Edit: Forgot. And Viper. So 13+15=28MDR as well.

Last edited:
I think I solved my "problem"
What I did is respeced sorc to place stats optimally, use Ist Griffon's and Ist Ormus now, replaced War Traveler with rare boots with resists and MF (24 MF, 26 CR, 30 LR, 20 FRW) and I added two small charms with life/allres in inventory.

Result: 200 more life, ton of resists more. I calculate my sorc now has 42-46% extra effective life against cold/lightning and is in more optimal healing range of hydras for recovery. Now I don't even have to move away from conviction, life bulb simply doesn't drop at this point. An incredible difference with small changes. On top of it now I'm running with 186 MF while having 500 less Blizzard damage which doesn't even feel in running speed.

I did 100 runs per HoR regulations

Char: Blizzy, p3
Runs: 100
Average time: 15.38 s
Minions skipped (using xp method): 6
Fullclear time: 15.464 s

I had everything shut down to have fastest saving time possible. I don't think I can do faster than this as this pace is tiresome to do. Unless there is some magical solution to have faster saving time, this is as good as it possibly gets for me. It is possible to do better if I reduce MF and go with more damage, but even then sub 15s is likely out of reach. Besides, using low MF is not exactly efficient way of clearing Travincal... I think this is the only character ever I reached the maximum what I can possibly do (the first one in 8 years of playing, although I would argue I can't really improve cownecro anymore either unless I go to roll a new map). I can't improve technique nor gear anymore, only saving times for some future project... and maybe shed off 0.2 seconds by doing more tries, but that's not in my line of interests as it is hardly relevant. :D

Runs 201-300. At least I'm starting to score some 1.07 charms that I was expecting to see.

Circlets:
Code:
Prefix 1182 Coronet of the Whale
Defense: 38
Durability: 15 of 30
Required Level: 37
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x4631549b
+91 to Life
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Class-Specific:
Code:
Greater Claws
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 37
Durability: 25 of 26
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 95
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 31
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x2ccf17dd
+2 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
+2 to Blades of Ice (Assassin Only)
+3 to Dragon Tail (Assassin Only)

Misc.
Code:
Prefix 1154 Grand Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x2966707a
+18 to Maximum Damage
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

Prefix 1155 Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6231baee
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Prefix 1177 Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4dd4de95
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Prefix 900 Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x79cfb497
+39 to Life
+111 to Attack Rating

Prefix 839 Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x2cd18032
+20 to Life
+2 to Minimum Damage

Small Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x468bddaa
+6 to Maximum Damage

Small Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x4c969067
+6 to Maximum Damage

Last edited:
10 hours in this set with my HC WW Barb, who has 50% hork. Approx 330 runs done. No, and I mean NO qualifiers yet :mad:🤬. Run times are a bit slow (avg. is 1 minute 30s) having to sort through some drop cluttering on a lot of runs with the entire council spawning by the orb. I was hoping to have some better RnG or luck with at least 1-2 qualifiers. Highest rune to drop so far as been Fal (twice). Plus side I guess to these 10 hours has been 3 ETH grailers, a 3rd Arkaine's Valor, 2 skillers (Martial Arts and Bowa), and 2 7% mf sc's. Here's to hoping the RnG changes in the 2nd half. Not how you start, its how you finish right? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Haul pics and such coming after this set is complete. Definitely hoping to get a 2nd set in with the HC Blizz sorc or maybe respec 1 HC pally into a trav. zealer.

Reactions: Luhkoh and Peytron
10 hours in this set with my HC WW Barb, who has 50% hork. Approx 330 runs done. No, and I mean NO qualifiers yet :mad:🤬. Run times are a bit slow (avg. is 1 minute 30s) having to sort through some drop cluttering on a lot of runs with the entire council spawning by the orb. I was hoping to have some better RnG or luck with at least 1-2 qualifiers. Highest rune to drop so far as been Fal (twice). Plus side I guess to these 10 hours has been 3 ETH grailers, a 3rd Arkaine's Valor, 2 skillers (Martial Arts and Bowa), and 2 7% mf sc's. Here's to hoping the RnG changes in the 2nd half. Not how you start, its how you finish right? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Haul pics and such coming after this set is complete. Definitely hoping to get a 2nd set in with the HC Blizz sorc or maybe respec 1 HC pally into a trav. zealer.

Can you cut your run time in half by skipping the searching and starting the next run? Odds of missing a drop are low, and if you can do twice as many runs you'll likely be further ahead. This is the advice I try to give myself anyway :).

I'm also using a WW barbarian, and run times are about 40 seconds with the council split into two packs (less clutter). Trying my best not to pick anything other than grailers, useful uniques, and of course no runes under Cham :p.

@Peytron

ya I definitely can cut the run time down by not searching as hard. If I tele on the "low" path they split into 2 groups, the "high" path is the one where they spawn all together. I will try the low path for awhile and not search as hard. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: CaseyJones
I'm happy how my RFL is going. I've managed to cement the avg time to just over 28s over 8h of running. That's with muling and goofing around included. By the 5h mark I had already found a full set of qualifiers which is a bit on the lucky side I guess. Now all I need to do is improve it. I'm considering doing 2 x 10h run counter entries to see how much/if I have improved my overall runtimes with practice and slightly altering the gear/charms.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High