2020 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

I'm a little bit confused now. I tried again 30 runs with 3-Tal part sorceress with 420 MF for Travincal and got 15.6 average for p3 and 17.1 for p5. That is with 7k Blizzard damage and she is similarly fast as sorc variant I ran with who has 11k Blizzard, although I think it is only because of save/exit issue for damage variant who has clear advantage with 16.1 on p5 which is full second faster. Last tournament MF variant was barely below 18s average, only difference is I used Shako and not Griffon's while now I used Griffon's. So, I replaced it with Shako and got 16.2 s average across 30 runs which is 0.6s slower than Griffon's variant. Then I repeated the test and got identical results again.

Did anyone else actually try Griffon's for Travincal? To me it gives clear advantage over Shako (can't say for Nightwing's).

@art_vandelay swears to me griffs is the way to go, particularly if you dont have 5 digit blizz dmg. I just need to find one....grumble grumble.
But awesome. Seems like even someone as experienced as you is getting better and better at runs.

I think it's mostly a technical improvement and playing style. Now I removed -txt - direct for faster loading and I also don't use run counter anymore both of which increase loading speed of the game. As for the last part of improvement, it's easy to maintain highest tier running style by minimum picking of things. I simply have no benefit of picking the following: grand charms, rare rings, magic jewels (I would argue the same for rare but whatever), rare circlets. All of those are in must-pick area for most players, but I simply have no potential of an upgrade in those. Only grand charm I would care about is chilling with 38+ goldfind. Magic jewels I don't have use for even the most perfect ones you can imagine. Rare rings need to be once-in-a-lifetime thing for me to actually use them over those I already have. And rare circlets I generally don't care about, only one I would want is also once-in-a-lifetime kind of a thing. So...

Reactions: Luhkoh
The idea of Shako is more about having all those juicy other stats like MF, life/mana and %DR right? Along with decent damage. Not a super offensive option, but rather used because higher damage has really diminishing returns in the 9k+ Blizzard regeion... Remains my go-to choice for Trav Sorc tbh.

As for offensive options: Admittedly I never actually tried with Griffon's, but ran some numbers a while ago. Against the non-LI group, Griffon's is of course simply worse than NWV because it has no upside against them, just lower Blizzard and IB damge. After 3x Static, this group is below 50% no matter the -ELR amount. Against the broken LI group, Griffon's makes a bigger difference. For example after 3x Static and assuming no prior Blizzard hits, these guys are at ~74% HP with -20 ELR Griffon's and at ~87% HP without -ELR. But to finish them off, going from 87% to 0% with NWV in comparison to going from 74% to 0% with Griffon's resulted in pretty much the same amount of Blizzard/IB hits required, at least in case of all the setups and scenarios I ran the numbers for. So (for P3 at least) my conclusion was same performance against LI group, but NWV wins because it's much better against the non-LI group. In practice I also felt that the non-LI type was pretty much just as likely to survive the initial Blizzards as the LI type, rather just depending on the random Blizzard hit pattern/blind spots.

Hey, apologies for holding things up!

I didn't manage to do anything resembling a set- the Valorant addiction is too strong.

Looking forward to seeing other people's results though!

Reactions: PhineasB
@ffs
There is another point of comparison between NW and Griffon's I had in mind. I reached 11k damage with Griffon's, NW would take me to 12.2k or something like that. I compare those two from that perspective where we are already deep in 10k damage territory. I don't know can other players do it or not, this isn't even full damage setup but 185 MF setup.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High