2020 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 3 (Areas)

Not safe enough for HC I'd say tbh :D e.g. for cow running she can easily handle mana burn because they're melee, but in the Pit you have those nasty ranged archers. Having played her a lot, by now I feel I've improved running technique enough so that I rarely die, but she can't avoid deaths altogether long term I'm afraid. You can go hundreds of runs without any issues, but at some point a couple of arrows from a Fana/Mana Burn pack will hit you, and if you're cursed on top of that.... RIP before even realizing what's happening. ;) ES is definitely way to go though, the vita build is much squishier.

Reactions: Luhkoh and Pb_pal
@ffs awesome stuff. I had been planning on testing a p1 mf nova sorc on my grailing thread since I like the gameplay and thought she had a lot of potential. Doubt I'll be able to pull off runs even close to that fast, but glad to see she's solid indeed.

Finished first set with two qualifiers and proceeded to AS where I got four qualifiers in the first forty minutes. It's not even funny how good this area is compared to any other area.

Now with Java it's a breeze but sometimes I select the 'kill whole screen' skill and click my mouse but stuff won't die. That is usually when I have a little fire on my head and I stand in the middle of monsters. 😭

I currently use this:
86 FHR, 99 FCR, 20 IAS
Griffon's 'Cham'
Titan's
Enigma
Spirit
2/19 Amulet
FCR ring (Mana/@)
MPK + FCR ring from 1.07
3/20 Gloves
Razortail
10% FHR + triple res boots
2xSkiller
Spare Titan's
5x4 free space
Might Merc (pointless)

I think this would be even better: Replace Griffon's with 1.07 Valkyrie Wing and choose a better amulet (14%+ is good enough then) to get one extra IAS breakpoint for throwing and speed ChS up by two breakpoints. This allows me to take out FHR charms from my inventory to replace with two skillers while preserving my free space. (12+5+5 FHR charms right now)

The nuclear option would be this: Replace Griffon's with 1.07 Valkyrie Wing and 1.08 24%+ FCR amulet to reach 99% FCR without using both rings for FCR. This way I can use Raven Frost which gives cold absorb and mana as a bonus while also being able to socket Valkyrie Wing with an IAS jewel to reach 52 IAS BP for throwing.

That would most certainly be the best possible AS java setup without swap tele or Fanaticism-sponsored trips to Charsi every run. 😄

@art_vandelay I had a similar experience. After 5 hours in the Pit I wasn't really feeling it. You inspired me to throw in a few AS runs and got two qualifiers in 20 minutes. Also Lightning Fury in AS is just silly. I think I'll stick with AS for now.

13 hours down, 7 to go. 4 qualifiers so far with the Javazon in AS. Runs are extremely easy and laid back even for P8. Only thing to watch out for is Tele-ing into a mana burn/fanat boss pack other than that its CS and LF. Also having the summoner on the leg has been interesting seeing all the Keys of Hate drop. Memories from playing Bnet and doing Solo Ubers with a smiter :cool: for FG lol! Almost got enough Rals, Nefs, P-Ames and Rubies plus jewels stocked piled for 200 crafts of each so maybe can craft some nice 2/20 gloves or a 2/20 ammy for a character. Back to the grind to get a few more hours in tonight.

90FHR/71FCR/20 IAS/203MF
Helm- 68 All Res. Kiara's
Armor-Enigma
Weapons-ETH 187%/9% Up'd Titans
(Back up-Up'd titans-200%/8%)
Shield- 35 Spirit
Gloves-Rare 2/20 gloves with 17 fire res.
Belt-Arachs
Boots- 49% War Travs.
Amulet-2/6 FCR craft w/7% MS, 11 All Res., 6%MF
Ring 1-Rare 10FCR/62 mana/13 mf
Ring 2-BKWB
Swap- 6BO CTA & Spirit

Inv. is 5 plain skillers, 1-2max dam. java skiller, 125/39 gheeds, 4-5% FHR scs, 1-5 all res sc, 4-4 all res. scs

Reactions: art_vandelay
Nice AS Java action, or so I imagine without seeing gameplay. :) TIme-traveled items indeed offer some interesting possibilities. I don't use any but given the low HP/LR of those ghosts, boosting damage is really not that crucial so that gear can more focus on gameplay/QoL matters like that. IIRC I used Faith Merc last time I played her. Infinity is definitely not required and neither is a lot of -ELR. Depending on how first set turns out, I may go back to AS as well given I skipped it the last RFL iterations.

As for me, I'm ~10.5 hours in with P5 Pit Nova Sorc, 5 qualifiers at this point. She's en route to a respectable MFO score though. Last ~6 hours saw Astreon's, 2x Grandfather, Steelrend, Gargoyle's Bite, Windforce, among others:

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 16.54.33.png
Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 22.01.14.png
Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 15.50.51.png

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 14.40.38.png
Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 14.57.32.png
Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 16.20.57.png
Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 16.41.00.png
Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 20.31.36.png

Pretty good roll too:

Code:
     Astreon's Iron Ward
     Caduceus
     One Hand Damage: 136 - 158
     Durability: 39 of 70
     Required Level: 60
     Required Strength: 97
     Required Dexterity: 70
     Fingerprint: 0x8fa937ca
     Item Level: 88
     Version: Expansion 1.10+
     Unidentified
     +4 to Combat Skills      (Paladin Only)
     +10% Increased Attack Speed
     268% Enhanced Damage
     Damage +69
     178% Bonus to Attack Rating
     +150% Damage to Undead
     Adds 80 - 240 Magic Damage
     33% Chance of Crushing Blow
     Slows Target by 25%
     Damage Reduced by 7

Also this rare claw:
Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 17.14.16.png
Posted this one in IFT as well.

The more I run, the more I believe this is a criminally slept on MF build really. At times when tracking a bunch of runs she had surprisingly good numbers. Can't say much for long term performance, but the potential is definitely there. After RFL I plan to post some more details and thoughts on her.

@ffs I dont have anything installed currently to record gameplay and I actually never have so I wouldn't know where to start or how to start :confused::(🤷‍♂️ If I were to get something installed and running I would post some gameplay videos.

@Kstil3227 OBS Studio is really easy to use. I'm not tech savvy, and I was able to install and use without much trouble. Definitely worth giving it a shot if you're interested in recording vids.

On topic, 10 hours completed. No qualifiers, which isn't terribly surprising given my decision to run Baal with untwinked 99er Barb, but still disappointing. Best drop (and only one worth screenie) was a sup 5os Phase Blade (7% ED). He's playing without extended stash, but kept it for a possible Grief upgrade :)

I'm not sure I'll finish the set, given intense work schedule. But I hope to get at least 5 hours with my untwinked 99er Windy in the Pit as a break from Baal, then likely back to Barb for as much of remaining 5 hours. I think that would put him about 1/3 of the way into level 97 (haven't really done the XP math).

Good luck to all the runners! Those AS updates sound quite solid, so I'm looking forward to results.

Reactions: Luhkoh
In contrast, I did 11 hours of arcane and got 3 qualifiers. Switched to pitnecro, am 6.5 hours in and got 2 qualifiers from him plus mang songs! So at least I'll have a full set. Arcane done did me wrong.

Yeah, I thought things were looking up when I started my second set, this one focused on AS. 5 runs in, qualifier!....that was about 8 hours of rune drought ago...

In contrast, I did 11 hours of arcane and got 3 qualifiers. Switched to pitnecro, am 6.5 hours in and got 2 qualifiers from him plus mang songs! So at least I'll have a full set. Arcane done did me wrong.
Yeah, I thought things were looking up when I started my second set, this one focused on AS. 5 runs in, qualifier!....that was about 8 hours of rune drought ago...

Anti-AS Astrotrufing. Don't believe their lies!

The AS hype didn't last for me either. Went back to The Pit. Got a few nice grailers!

5 hours to go. Maybe I'll visit AS for like a half an hour and collect a couple of qualifiers and then finish the set in The Pit.

Reactions: PhineasB and Luhkoh
Obligatory complaint about poor luck. Need to get a shift on, I'm not up to the halfway point yet.

Reactions: J-Dog
Complaining helps? I have my run times down to about 90 seconds with the Lightning Sorceress in Arcane Sanctuary on players 7. I've had lots of rune drops, just not the ones I want. Rolled the map again halfway through, tried running clockwise instead of anticlockwise, but those Specters still don't want to cough up the goods.

The more I run, the more I believe this is a criminally slept on MF build really. At times when tracking a bunch of runs she had surprisingly good numbers. Can't say much for long term performance, but the potential is definitely there. After RFL I plan to post some more details and thoughts on her.

Looking forward to this. Every time I watch the gameplay I really want to make one for HC MFing. I wonder if an area other than Pits might be safer, even if less efficient by a little bit. I'll probably build one up after the RFL and do some testing too, gotta prep for the next MFO!

Reactions: Luhkoh and Babyhell
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High