2020 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 3 (Areas)

I just rolled this 2 camp Pit map for my Javazon. Routing to be determined once I start running the map more..

4o7okhi.jpg

Another Javazon with spirit on main switch, 68 FCR/55 IAS setup. Running with 4x4 free space and non-upped Titan's.

@Luhkoh Do you store additional Titan's in stash to rotate out low quantity stacks? Then again your waypoint is close to Charsi.. For ultimate convenience, drop a GC and carry another Titan's in inventory and replenish mid-run!

I'm going to start my untwinked 99er Barb set tomorrow or Sunday. I going to do at least 30 minutes of runs to get back into the groove before starting set, hoping Zod doesn't drop, although I'll obviously be okay if it does :)

My first set has been a mess, should have done some pre-set trials. Started in RoF but clear times there are horribly slow...especially with the high light res/broken light immunes...scratched that. Then did several rounds of pits at varying player settings....pretty bad map so decided to try a few runs of AS even though the xp is much lower. P7 clears take nearly 6 minutes....p5 closer to 4 minutes so ran there a little but feel I need for the chance to drop griffons and gain xp so going to head back and reroll pit maps. Nearly 5 hours in with nothing of nothing much of note...IK maul and Wraith Flight unique. Looks like I will definitely shoot for 2 sets...

• Sad
Reactions: Babyhell
@Nano I was doing that at the beginning but just felt like it wasn't any less annoying that just repairing. I'll try it again a few hours though and see if it just took some getting used to.

Seems like a lot less arcane runners this year. You all must've picked it clean last year and not given me the memo, because im not finding squat!

Started my first set this weekend, 6 hours in the AS with the Javazon and I have 2 qualifiers so far. Runs are averaging around 75-85s which I am very pleased with. Much better RnG this go around in the beginning rather than the awful start I had from Rd 2 Trav. Lets see how the rest goes. The map I rolled has anywhere from 3-5 boss packs plus the Summoner so the runs are pretty good for drops too. Found another ETH grail item in The Patriarch, 1 plain Trap skiller, +7 mf sc, +6 mf sc, mid-low rolls (12/12/40 psn res) Treks for the highlights of drops so far.

Good Luck to all the runners!

Reactions: art_vandelay
Time to throw this round away: 12,5 hours in and 2 qualifiers :D

I've been doing Seal runs with a Hammerdin and to keep myself from falling asleep I tried to go for Gripphon's pace:
Improvements that I made were using Vigor to run to WP as well as changing 'HotO + fcr rare ring' to 'Suicide Branch + SoJ' to get -15 fire resist and fully exploit the healing from Rising Sun. I ran him from lvl 91 to 95 and kept an eye on XP/second for the 94-95 stretch:
cshdinXP.png
In the first third I focused mostly on the seal bosses but in the next one I tried to kill more adjacent bosses as well. In the last one I experimented with killing additional bosspacks even if it meant having to set up a new hammerfield.

The only comparison I could find was @Gripphon 's original post on running seals only. There he netted 15800 XP/s but I doubt that is still the record with CS runs being so popular. Still a great result!

I have another question for those Arcane Sanctuary runners.

How much time are you spending waiting to line up your shots for the Specters? I've moved to "players 7" runs with my Lightning Sorceress, and they're one shot kills, but I've been back tracking on the path and letting them chase us for a bit so the drops don't fall into space. Should I just skip them if they're not Champion or Unique packs?

My runs are about 2 minutes for the one leg of the sanctuary.

Thanks in advance.

Please state IF you are running 1.07.
-------------------------
PhineasB
art_vandelay
WoRG (1.07)
Luhkoh
Pb_pal
Kstil3227
Nano
Babyhell
maxicek
ffs
CaseyJones
Gripphon
jjscud
ESDv2
zemaj
peytron
MrBlonde
J-Dog
-------------------------

Hi guys! I got distracted during the first round by Divinity Original Sin 2. Time to continue with things that matter in life. So I think I'll be running The Pit with 68 fcr Javazon.

Rolled a map with great Black Marsh wp and a busy camp next to the entrance:
Screenshot022.jpg
Screenshot023.jpg
Screenshot024.jpg

The Pit map is pretty large but there's two camps with great density and overall the density seems nice:
Screenshot025.jpg
Screenshot026.jpg

Let's prioritize life goals and try and finish this round!

Last edited:
@Peytron sounds to me like you should up the pace. If they're not above the void, shoot em down immediately. Definitely dont want to skip non champ/unique. Its normal ghosts and minions that have the good rune drop chances. I'll often skip the boss itself and sometimes some champs too if theyre taking a while to die. THey drop just like any other boss/champ. I'm killing all "groups" of 2+ ghosts and try to start throwing javelins immediately unless they're hanging out over the void. I think you should be able to get to sub 90s pretty quickly assuming you have some decent gear (infinity merc, 117fcr with some decent +skills).

Reactions: Peytron
Glad to see a couple of Javazons, I might take one of mine out for a spin as well.

As mentioned before, I've been meaning to tweak a Nova/ES Sorc for this. Her current state:

Running P5 with 475 MF currently, at around ~45-50s, hitting boss packs and bigger groups of other monsters. The map is not great but decent, didn't keep track for long yet but density seems OK at some 7+ boss packs. I kept it for now in any case because it has several mana shrines and a nicely placed well on her teleport route, makes runs more relaxed. Gear shown in the vid above, but nothing is set in stone yet. I also tried setups with Ist'ed Eschuta's and CM for those LIs, as well as Lidless Wall and caster craft MPK gloves... So far I like the current MF heavy setup, but we'll see how it compares to a more kill speed focused approach.

Generally she has the same upsides/downsides as Javazon, though I think overall Nova Sorc can more easily be balanced between MF and kill speed.

Starting the set with her now, though I plan to get back to the AT Druid at some point.

@Peytron sounds to me like you should up the pace. If they're not above the void, shoot em down immediately. Definitely dont want to skip non champ/unique. Its normal ghosts and minions that have the good rune drop chances. I'll often skip the boss itself and sometimes some champs too if theyre taking a while to die. THey drop just like any other boss/champ. I'm killing all "groups" of 2+ ghosts and try to start throwing javelins immediately unless they're hanging out over the void. I think you should be able to get to sub 90s pretty quickly assuming you have some decent gear (infinity merc, 117fcr with some decent +skills).

Thanks! We are running with Infinity, level 38 Lightning, and 144 FCR on main (working towards hitting 117 on Crescent Moon switch, which of course we don't use for Arcane Sanctuary). I already swapped out the Gheed's and MF SCs for life and resist charms. Going to try a couple hours with a couple Lightning skillers swapped for life and resist charms and see how much time we save on grabbing potions.

Reactions: Luhkoh
I’m impressed by the Nova Sorc @ffs - I may have to make my first non-melee sorc in about 10 years.

Found a Grandfather and a 3/18/16 Fine SC of Vita, but runes are almost non-existent.

Reactions: PhineasB and Luhkoh
Found a Lem on my 10th hour, best rune so far (but kinda lots of grailing goodies). Tried so reroll map without much success - all the map had worst density feeling that the starting one.

Decided to make a break and start my HC druid...I guess it's a bless to have something else to target!

Maybe i'll complete set in AS, or just switch over, forgetting about runes and complete the Pits with the PitZerker... #ClimaxedAfterRound2

Reactions: Peytron and Luhkoh
Wow, I guess I'm not the only one with rune issues...up to 3 Lem's but no qualifiers, and those from a couple hours in AS. Just about 15 hours in on untwinked Java so inefficiencies expected. I did land a couple of upgrades with a Demon Arch (nice for jabbing those light immunes) and a Highlord's wrath amulet plus leveled twice to 90 now. Spending the last 5 hours of this set on p3 pit runs...pretty happy with my new map...will have to post it later.

Next set I am looking to use my untwinked bone necro on p3 AS runs...ran a couple trial runs and seems not horrible at least and he gains the most xp there being only lvl 86 right now.

@maxicek go for it, she's great, IMO ideal Pit runner for higher player settings.

But what I'm really wondering is how well can she can do for P1 MFing. I did a bunch of runs on P1 and dropped all skillers, which would mean 620+ MF if replaced with MF SCs. Runs were around ~40s. Even on her mediocre 7+ map that's already decent efficiency – comparable to many HoR entries with AT Sorcs or Pit Singers. Considering that's with very little practice and refinement, numbers can certainly be improved. No idea where her P1 limits are, but I might try and roll a better map after this set and see how she does on P1 in the long run.

As for this set, almost 4 hours in with only one qualifier so far. The high MF is paying off though:

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 20.27.29.png
Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 21.08.51.pngScreenshot 2020-05-12 at 12.05.30.png

Schaefer's even

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 12.09.12.png

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 09.29.02.png

Cranium Basher
Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 14.16.29.png

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 16.47.10.png

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low