Frostwind is a one-handed elite Unique Sword with an item level of 78 and a Character Level requirement of 70.
Of all weapons in Diablo II, swords have the greatest variety in range, damage, Attack Rate, and durability. The basic short sword is barely better than a dagger, while the largest two-handed swords can rival axes and polearms for dealing massive damage, as well as having a long reach and plenty of durability. As he is with all melee weapons, the Barbarian is very skillful with a sword, and has a Sword Mastery skill.
One of the most popular weapons in the game, swords are used by all character types for their fast striking and solid damage. Swords deal consistent damage to all monsters, and can be found in a very large variety. Barbarians tend to prefer the larger range and damage of two-handed swords, which they can wield one-handed. All other characters have to stick to the one-handed swords if they wish to use a shield at the same time.
- In 1.10 of the Expansion the odds of gambling a Unique is 1 in 2000.
- Elite Uniques are found only in the Diablo II Expansion, not in Diablo II Classic.
- Item Level: Chests and monsters must be at least this level to drop the item. Ilvl is used in gambling, sales and other calculations as well.
- Clvl Req: Your character must be this level or higher to equip the item. No Uniques had Clvl requirements prior to v1.07 D2.
- Range: Goes from 1 (least) to 5 (most), and is identical for all melee weapon types. I.E. a 3 sword = a 3 spear = a 3 hammer.
- Dmg Bonus: This determines how you multiply the item damage by your stats to reach the actual damage. Each point in this statistic multiplies your damage by bonus/100 %. For example a damage bonus of 70 is 70/100 or and additional .7% weapon damage per point. Most weapons have 100 str, which gives 100/100 or an additional 1% weapon damage per point in str.
- Weapon Speed (WSM): A relative comparison to other weapons of the same type. 0 is the base -10, -20, etc is faster, 10, 20, etc is slower.
- Swing Speed: The speed shown in-game for each character using this melee weapon. This speed is mostly meaningless and is included for completeness only. Characters are abbreviated to their first letters, with Amazon = Am and Assassin = As.
- Druids will have a +3 cap on Arctic Blast rather than the full number. Read more about oskills here.
|Image||Name||Properties||Special Properties||Attack Stats|
|117.6-138.6 Avg Dmg 1H
16.8-19.8 - 218.4-257.4
99 Str Required
109 Dex Required
Item Level: 78
Clvl Req: 70
|+180-230% Enhanced Damage
Hit Freezes Target +4
Half Freeze Duration
+25% Increased Attack Speed
Cold Absorb 7-15%
+7-14 to Arctic Blast
Adds 237-486 Cold damage Chills for 6 seconds
|Weapon Speed: -10|
|Diablo II Items
Items Basics Unique Armor I Unique Armor II Unique Weapons I Unique Weapons II Unique Weapons III Unique Class Items Item Sets Runewords
|Base Armors and Weapons [ ]||Runes||Socketables||Miscellaneous||Items Info|
|Belts [ ]||Body Armor||Gloves||Helms|
All Unique Armor
|Boots [ ]||Amulets||Rings||Shields||Miscellaneous|
All Unique Amulets
|Axes [ ]||Bows||Crossbows||Daggers||Polearms|
|Scepters [ ]||Spears||Staves||Throwing Weapons||Wands|
|Maces [ ]||Swords|
|Amazon [ ]||Assassin||Barbarian||Druid||Necromancer||Paladin||Sorceress|
|Item Sets General Info -- Set Items Catalog [ ]|
|Diablo II Classic Item Sets||Diablo II Expansion Item Sets|
|Runewords - Rune list - Rune FAQ - Rune hunting [ ]|
• Hand of Justice