Daggers aren't real commonly-used in Diablo II owing to their low damage. There is just one dagger-specific skill in the game, the Necromancer's Poison Dagger, but that's a very underpowered skill in Diablo II, outside of early game or single-player.
Shorter and less damaging, these melee weapons can be used with a shield by any character, and generally have a faster swing speed than the larger, two-handed models, though they do lower damage and have less durability as a trade off. These are best used with a shield, or dual-wielded if you are a Barbarian.
The dagger class is the only type of weapon in the game a Necromancer can use with his Poison Dagger skill. The skill adds poison damage to his melee attack, but only works with daggers. As it's unlikely any other class will have much use for daggers, since added to their low damage is the fact that daggers have a surprisingly slow Attack Rate, it seems like saving good ones for your Necromancer friends will be something to plan on.
- Damage Bonus: This determines how you multiply the item damage by your stats to reach the actual damage. Each 100 points in that stat doubles your weapon's total physical damage. All Daggers in the Expansion are 50/50 Str/Dex, which means that every 100 points in either of those stats doubles the weapon's total (non-elemental) damage. This is a very good thing, since all points in Str or Dex add bonus damage. [See discussion]
- Item Level: Used in many in-game calculations. Monsters must be of this level to drop the item, and it factors in when you get to gamble for this item type as well.
- Weapon Speed: A relative comparison to other weapons of the same type. 0 is the base -10, -20, etc is faster, 10, 20, etc is slower, always in increments of 10. Each 10 is equivalent to an SIAS item. Characters are abbreviated to their first letter, with Am = Amazon and As = Assassin.
- Range: Goes from 1 (least) to 5 (most), and is identical for all weapon types. I.E. a 3 sword = a 3 spear = a 3 hammer. All daggers have the least range, one, same as most melee weapons.
Designed to be used as a ranged weapon, all throwing knives have lower damage hand to hand than when thrown.
- Stack Size: Min = the smallest stack a monster can drop. Max = the largest a stack can possibly be. Throwing weapons stack only on others of their exact same type and mods.
- Throwing weapons are indestructible when used for melee in Diablo II. In the expansion, each one in the stack has durability just like other melee weapons.
- Throwing weapons are never magical in Diablo II, only in the expansion.
* All Exceptional items are Clvl 25 in Diablo II. Some lower-quality ones are slightly lower in D2X.
Exceptional Throwing Knives
* Durability on throwing weapons is only in the Expansion. Throwing weapons when used for melee combat lose durability, but at 1/3 the rate of normal weapons. When an item loses full durability it vanishes from the stack, just as if you'd thrown it. ** All Exceptional items are Clvl 25 in Diablo II. Some lower-quality ones are slightly lower in D2X.
Elite Items are only found in the Expansion, they don't exist in Diablo II. Elite daggers can be found in late Nightmare and all through Hell difficulty.
Elite Throwing Knives
Elite Items are only found in the Expansion. Elite throwing knives can be found late in Nightmare and all through Hell difficulty.
* Durability on throwing weapons is only in the Expansion. See the note at the top of this page for the full explanation.
|Diablo II Items
Items Basics Unique Armor I Unique Armor II Unique Weapons I Unique Weapons II Unique Weapons III Unique Class Items Item Sets Runewords
|Base Armors and Weapons [ ]||Runes||Socketables||Miscellaneous||Items Info|
|Belts [ ]||Body Armor||Gloves||Helms|
All Unique Armor
|Boots [ ]||Amulets||Rings||Shields||Miscellaneous|
All Unique Amulets
|Axes [ ]||Bows||Crossbows||Daggers||Polearms|
|Scepters [ ]||Spears||Staves||Throwing Weapons||Wands|
|Maces [ ]||Swords|
|Amazon [ ]||Assassin||Barbarian||Druid||Necromancer||Paladin||Sorceress|
|Item Sets General Info -- Set Items Catalog [ ]|
|Diablo II Classic Item Sets||Diablo II Expansion Item Sets|
|Runewords - Rune list - Rune FAQ - Rune hunting [ ]|
• Hand of Justice