Butcher's Pupil is a one-handed exceptional Unique Axe with an item level of 47 and a Character Level requirement of 39.
Axes are generally pretty poor weapons in Diablo II, with slower swing speed, less range, and often less damage than swords or blunt weapons. Most are very heavy items requiring high strength to wield them effectively, and they are slow to attack with, though a bit faster than the longer Polearms. They do not have very much reach in Diablo II. Their greatest advantage over Polearms is their much higher minimum damage. So you don't get the huge one-swing kills with axes, but you are sure to get at least pretty good damage with every successful hit.
- In 1.10 of the Expansion the odds of gambling a Unique is 1 in 2000.
- Exceptional Uniques are found only in the Diablo II Expansion, not in Diablo II Classic.
- Item Level: Chests and monsters must be at least this level to drop the item. Ilvl is used in gambling, sales and other calculations as well.
- Clvl Req: Your character must be this level or higher to equip the item. No Uniques had Clvl requirements prior to v1.07 D2.
- Range: Goes from 1 (least) to 5 (most), and is identical for all melee weapon types. I.E. a 3 sword = a 3 spear = a 3 hammer.
- Dmg Bonus: This determines how you multiply the item damage by your stats to reach the actual damage. Each point in this statistic multiplies your damage by bonus/100 %. For example a damage bonus of 70 is 70/100 or and additional .7% weapon damage per point. Most weapons have 100 str, which gives 100/100 or an additional 1% weapon damage per point in str.
- Weapon Speed (WSM): A relative comparison to other weapons of the same type. 0 is the base -10, -20, etc is faster, 10, 20, etc is slower.
- Swing Speed: The speed shown in-game for each character using this melee weapon. This speed is mostly meaningless and is included for completeness only. Characters are abbreviated to their first letters, with Amazon = Am and Assassin = As.
|Image||Name||Properties||Special Properties||Attack Stats|
|(55-60) - (132-149) Dmg
68 Str Required
No Dex Required
Item Level: 47
Clvl Req: 39
|+150-200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 30-50 Damage
35% Chance of Deadly Strike
25% Chance of Open Wounds
30% Increased Attack Speed
Dmg Bonus: 100 Str
Weapon Speed: 10
- v1.08: Had +150% Enhanced Damage, not Indestructible, rest is same.
In Diablo 1
A related weapon is dropped by The Butcher in Diablo 1, although it's unlikely to be the same (the name is slightly different; besides, the D1 version was two-handed).
The Butcher's Cleaver
|Diablo II Items
Items Basics Unique Armor I Unique Armor II Unique Weapons I Unique Weapons II Unique Weapons III Unique Class Items Item Sets Runewords
|Base Armors and Weapons [ ]||Runes||Socketables||Miscellaneous||Items Info|
|Belts [ ]||Body Armor||Gloves||Helms|
All Unique Armor
|Boots [ ]||Amulets||Rings||Shields||Miscellaneous|
All Unique Amulets
|Axes [ ]||Bows||Crossbows||Daggers||Polearms|
|Scepters [ ]||Spears||Staves||Throwing Weapons||Wands|
|Maces [ ]||Swords|
|Amazon [ ]||Assassin||Barbarian||Druid||Necromancer||Paladin||Sorceress|
|Item Sets General Info -- Set Items Catalog [ ]|
|Diablo II Classic Item Sets||Diablo II Expansion Item Sets|
|Runewords - Rune list - Rune FAQ - Rune hunting [ ]|
• Hand of Justice