2021 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Moo Moo Farm)

2.5 hours left, the qualifier drought ended but nothing spectacular. I need a strong finish.
Strong finish failed to materialise, but I'm done.

I will start a second batch with a Javazon as a bit of a break from the necro, but I may pick him up again later. He is currently about 90.6, would be nice to get him to 91.

New cow map within 5 minutes:

Cow King next to the portal! Other cows won't be spawning close to the King so I should be leaving less cows standing.

Stats are based off of the total kill count in the MF Run Counter. Merc will poke on average about two carvers every run, so the numbers are only inflated about 2 cows/run.
So far 5 hours in with 114 runs done at P5 setting.
2:38 Avg Time
438 Cows/run (436 corrected)
167 Cows/min (166 corrected)

I still find myself targeting groups that are on the small side.. The next 5 hours I will try to be more selective with what I target and see if that improves anything.
I just kill the same amount in 4'40 with leg picking included (javazon p7).

I am sloppier than I thought...maybe my map is too big, and potting too costly too.

Jeez...

@maxicek my Javazon is about half way to 94. Given my attention lately, I may be targeting 93 by the end of the set :cool: 😅

Finished first set, and leveled Infern-Treuzell from 78-89 in the process. Rune RNG is a complete troll. Anyway, I am left quite unsatisfied, and hope to finish another set.

Rolled another 140x Caster ammys, trying for an upgrade. Unless I manage a +2 Elemental or +2 Druid with +19-20% FCR, I don't see how it will be much of an improvement though. He's using a +3 Elemental Prismatic with +26 HP, and 2x FCR rings, which I was wanting to be able to swap out for SoJ(s). But, I am losing +1 skill on the ammy, and gaining +1 with an SoJ. So, without a +19-20 ammy, I am only gonna be able to drop 1x of the rings. And, the stats just won't compare to my +3 ammy and FCR ring..

At least I believe the Barb one is an improvement for my Pit Zerker:
Again, what's up with so many Ama/Sin?
Code:
Grim Talisman
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0xc02c1536
Item Level: 92
Version: Expansion 1.10+
10% Chance to cast level 3 Hydra when struck
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+14 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 8%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
17% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Viper Talisman
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xa7f0d0cc
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+16% Faster Cast Rate
+16 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 10%
Half Freeze Duration
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Storm Beads
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x97cd1091
Item Level: 93
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+6% Faster Cast Rate
+7 to Dexterity
+13 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 10%
Lightning Resist +14%
Level 1 Tornado (6/22 Charges)

Bitter Clasp
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xf3a2152e
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+4 to Dexterity
+7 to Life
+20 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 6%
+14 Maximum Stamina

Viper Torc
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xdfb5e21d
Item Level: 95
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+9% Faster Cast Rate
+6 to Minimum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
+15 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 7%
30% Extra Gold from Monsters

Stone Gorget
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x74232d40
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+17% Faster Cast Rate
+14 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 7%
Fire Resist +20%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters

Rune Wing
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x3f693325
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+6% Faster Cast Rate
+8 to Energy
+21 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
Magic Damage Reduced by 2

Shadow Necklace
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x38042cc0
Item Level: 94
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+9% Faster Cast Rate
+30 to Life
+12 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 6%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +16%

Havoc Clasp
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x5b0a6a40
+8% Faster Cast Rate
3% Life stolen per hit
+15 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
Poison Resist +24%
Damage Reduced by 4

Blood Emblem
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xdef8ef1c
+8% Faster Cast Rate
+6 to Strength
+28 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 8%
Damage Reduced by 1

Skull Scarab
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x6f40599a
+15% Faster Cast Rate
+17 to Energy
+10 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 8%
Level 5 Inner Sight (13/48 Charges)

Blood Clasp
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x5310f5d
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+20 to Attack Rating
+6 to Strength
+16 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 10%
Lightning Resist +38%

Viper Clasp
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x8c581ef0
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+17 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 7%
Lightning Resist +16%
Fire Resist +5%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Eagle Heart
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x32100af2
Item Level: 96
+5% Faster Cast Rate
+19 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
Lightning Resist +24%
Damage Reduced by 2
Magic Damage Reduced by 1

Skull Wing
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xbdb3c575
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Strength
+22 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
Cold Resist +32%

Entropy Beads
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x245dda81
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+28 to Life
+18 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 5%
Poison Resist +5%
Level 1 Attract (3/22 Charges)

Wraith Heart
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x248ef5ad
+8% Faster Cast Rate
+19 to Attack Rating
+20 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 5%
All Resistances +14
Damage Reduced by 2

Skull Scarab
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x804e7cdc
Item Level: 94
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+6% Faster Cast Rate
+19 to Strength
+19 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 8%
All Resistances +6
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

@Babyhell He should already be 91 for the same reasons...

I was chasing run times too hard at the beginning and died loads. I just slowed it a little, took more care about teleporting and it got better.

Reactions: Babyhell
@D2DC the barb one is pretty nice yes!

I am wondering if the necro with 25MF couldn't be a thing too for a pit novamancer with 25MF... but only 10FCR may not be enough, not sure about the breakpoints.

Anyway, the game is telling you something... so... what are your Ama/Sin projects to put in use all of those? 🥳

Reactions: Kartongen
Holy crap! Big upgrade for my hdin Lindon.
mpOhiOe.png

EDIT: literally next run...
FdRa1Vs.png

+3sk mat bow #14 delivers

Last edited:
@Jocular yep! Been looking for a base for it for a long time. Won't be making it super soon. Dont have any jahs and would like make last wish next, but thats the last runeword i was really hoping for a base for. Really didn't want to make it in a gmb or a 2sk mb.

@Jocular yep! Been looking for a base for it for a long time. Won't be making it super soon. Dont have any jahs and would like make last wish next, but thats the last runeword i was really hoping for a base for. Really didn't want to make it in a gmb or a 2sk mb.
I'll never forget the feeling of using Ice runeword on a well-equipped Frost Maiden <3 Back in my b.net days.

Reactions: Luhkoh
5 h 20 min in, and I have ran out of gold to ressurect Gulzar. Takning a break to fill the coffers.

I had to do something similar. Borrowed 100K gold from one of my IK barbs, then later ran Pindle to sell rares. Didn't get anything decent from them, though. I forgot to mention before the start date when I was running bosses for essences I was rewarded with a Vex rune (and apparently didn't take a screenshot :mad:).

Last night was rather fruitful. Things are finally clicking, and my average run times are dropping from 5 minutes to just over 4 minutes, mostly by focusing on herding groups better and ignoring small packs that aren't near other packs. And also not casting teleport on large groups of cows when I meant to cast Blizzard instead. I had some nice runs, one with two qualifiers, and two others with these:

Screenshot048.jpg
Screenshot051.jpg

3.5 hours left for this set before I likely start a second.

just over 4h in to batch two, only a single qualifier so far. This is nice though:

Code:
Sacred Targe 
Defense: 156 
Chance to Block: 0 
Durability: 25 of 45 
Required Level: 47 
Required Strength: 86 
Fingerprint: 0x38b76dcb 
Item Level: 81 
All Resistances +45

6 hours in, with 70 runs. Wow... Well the Ithereal's journey is taking most of my gaming time, swallowing the saturday evening, but I hoped I could push more, in the end I may not be able to complete a batch :-(

So decisions have to be taken. I won't wait.

I am officially complaining! All qualifiers in the first 30 runs, none afterwards! Come on RNG! GIVE THOSE QUALIFIERS NOW!

Since @Gripphon's not around for this tourney, I'll give my own round 1 winner projections.

Huge chance to win:
@art_vandelay - he told me going for 60 hours again 0_0. With no @WoRG to blow everyone away, the only question is will he win in modern or with some crazy 1.09 zod?

@Pb_pal - Klaus is blessed by RNGesus, and after his life flashed before his eyes early in the set, he's out for a vengeful bbq.

@Nano - I don't remember him winning a tournament anytime lately, so we should all be very afraid. What's he running? How is he doing? You won't know until it's far too late.

Good chance to win:
@maxicek - Old dog is bound to learn some new tricks sometime. Might finish his runeword grail in a beatdown.

@m4ke - Time traveler extraordinaire would only return to the present when he's manipulated the timeline to his advantage I think. No world-breaking paradoxes please!

@saracen85 - Who needs teleport? Finished a set with time to spare, to say the least. His zon must have run into something shiny indeed.

Zero chance to win:
@ffs - I told anya about your PoE infidelity, and she is very very angry.

@PhineasB - He's far too nice and considerate a host to wipe the floor with us... right?

@Luhkoh - I figure if I put myself here, I either do well or am proven right. I'll still hope for the former :p.

Well PoE was just so hot and fresh and I couldn't resist... But after having fun for a while, maybe it's time for the remorseful husband to come back to D2 and beg for forgiveness. :) I wanted to get to the PoE endgame and build a char that can handle all content. Surprisingly challenging, but after grinding for a few weeks I can check all the boxes there. Won't be easy now, but there should be time to get a 20h set in until the end of the week.

Sorry for double post, but can someone tell me how to set up the run counter properly? Just dusted off my Java for a brief warm-up session, but while it tracks run times, neither champ/boss nor any other kills are tracked by the run counter. Says "0" throughout the board. It's weird because when I last used it everything worked just fine. Just downloaded the latest version again but still same issue...

Edit: Nevermind, now it suddenly works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luhkoh
@ffs sounds like you got it working. But if you still ahve issues I definitely recommend visiting Oskros's discord (I posted the link in that "your new mf runcounter thread". He's always been extremely helpful so far that I've seen.

And hahaha welcome back. Hopefully D2 takes you back, but you know... not too too generously (gotta leave the rest of us a chance). Maybe just like 30 pul's or something.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High