Arkaine's Valor is a single player quest that provides your new character with a very fine suit of armor, and tells an interesting piece of plot information/world history.
- Quest Name: Arkaine's Valor
- Triggered By: Reading the Book of Blood.
- Frequency: Single player only. Occurs in 2/3 of games.
- Given by: Book of Blood.
- Location: Dungeon level 5.
- Reward: Arkaine's Valor unique chain mail.
This quest is one of the most useful for a single player character, since the armor obtained through it is far above the quality of any you might have found thus far. Many players, low strength mages and rogues especially, use the armor all through normal difficulty level.
The quest is triggered by reading the Book of Blood, which is found in the first room of an elongated, cross-shaped complex of rooms. There are three Horned Chargers in that room, the first time that bipedal rhinoceros type of creature has been seen in the game.
Reading the Book of Blood makes a small room appear to the north. It and the other rooms in the cross-shaped complex are initially blanked out on the minimap, and can not be entered (even by teleport), or seen in detail on the overhead map. In the room you'll find a bloodstone on the floor, beside the Pedestal of Blood. Click on the bloodstone to pick it up, then click on the altar to insert it and activate, which appears just to the north of the altar.
Your character will have to walk around to that room, enter through a hole in the wall, and claim a second bloodstone. It is guarded by two more horned chargers. Returning the second bloodstone makes a third room appear, identical to the second one. It holds a third bloodstone and 2 more horned chargers. Returning the third bloodstone to the altar opens up the final room, a long and narrow one down the center of the cross-shape, it also closes the three doors behind you. The Final room is filled with five more horned chargers, and at the end of it Arkaine's Valor is found on the ground. Wear it in health.
As is the case with several quests in Diablo, Arkaine's Valor introduces a new monster type several levels before it is seen in random dungeon populations. The Horned Chargers are dangerous in open space, since their rushing attack hits for substantial damage, and they have a fairly quick goring attack at melee range. The ones associated with this quest aren't as fierce as the ones found later in the caves, though they can be tricky with their circling, pacing, movement pattern.
Obtaining Arkaine's Valor is well worth the risk though. Even if your character doesn't choose to wear it, it sells for more than 10,000 gold; a fortune that early in the game and still quite a payday even on Nightmare and Hell difficulties.
Book of Blood
- ...and so, locked beyond the Gateway of Blood and past the Hall of Fire, Valor awaits for the Hero of Light to awaken...
- Should you find these Stones of Blood, use them carefully.
- The way is fraught with danger and your only hope rests within your self trust.
- The Gateway of Blood and the Halls of Fire are landmarks of mystic origin. Wherever this book you read from resides it is surely a place of great power.
- Legends speak of a pedestal that is carved from obsidian stone and has a pool of boiling blood atop its bone encrusted surface. There are also allusions to Stones of Blood that will open a door that guards an ancient treasure...
- The nature of this treasure is shrouded in speculation, my friend, but it is said that the ancient hero Arkaine placed the holy armor Valor in a secret vault. Arkaine was the first mortal to turn the tide of the Sin War and chase the legions of darkness back to the Burning Hells.
- Just before Arkaine died, his armor was hidden away in a secret vault. It is said that when this holy armor is again needed, a hero will arise to don Valor once more. Perhaps you are that hero...
- The story of the magic armor called Valor is something I often heard the boys talk about. You had better ask one of the men in the village.
- The armor known as Valor could be what tips the scales in your favor. I will tell you that many have looked for it - including myself. Arkaine hid it well, my friend, and it will take more than a bit of luck to unlock the secrets that have kept it concealed oh, lo these many years.
- Every child hears the story of the warrior Arkaine and his mystic armor known as Valor. If you could find its resting place, you would be well protected against the evil in the Labyrinth.
- Hmm... it sounds like something I should remember, but I've been so busy learning new cures and creating better elixirs that I must have forgotten. Sorry...
- You intend to find the armor known as Valor?
- No one has ever figured out where Arkaine stashed the stuff, and if my contacts couldn't find it, I seriously doubt you ever will either.
- May the spirit of Arkaine protect me.
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|