Scavengers are animals.
- Stats for normal Scavengers can be seen here.
Scavengers look like harmless little ankle biters, but they have a nasty leaping attack and a rather speedy hit rate, enabling them to tag you quickly and frequently enough that they become dangerous despite their low damage. All of the boss Scavengers spawn with large mobs, and are best dealt with by ranged attacks, or else fought in bottlenecks like doorways.
All boss monsters in Diablo and Hellfire are SuperUniques; they always appear on the same level and have preset stats and non-random modifiers. Some bosses (mostly ones tied to quests) appear in every single game, while most of the others are found on a particular level only if their base monster type spawns in that game. There are no non-quest bosses in Hellfire's Hive or Crypt.
Most boss stats are identical to the stats of regular monsters of their type. All of their speed measurements are unchanged, and most bosses have the same AC, to/hit, are worth the same experience, etc.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL|
|Shadowbite (Scavenger)||2||Yes||3 - -||4 / 19 / 36||2 / 2 / 2||-I- / -I- / -I-|
|El Chupacabras (Plague Eater)||3||Yes||0 - -||6 / 21 / 36||4 / 4 / 4||-R- / -R- / -R-|
|Pulsecrawler (Shadow Beast)||4||Yes||0 - -||8 / 23 / 38||6 / 6 / 6||-IR / -IR / -IR|
|Spineeater (Bone Gasher)||4||Yes||1 - -||8 / 23 / 38||8 / 8 / 8||--I / --I / --I|
Scavengers regenerate hit points more quickly while feeding on corpses.
- Hit Points listed are for Diablo. All SuperUniques have a preset, non-random amount of hit points. Bosses have slightly higher hit points in Hellfire:
- Hellfire Single Player: +0 / +49 / +97
- Hellfire Multiplayer: +0 / +99 / +197
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|Experience||Hit Points||AC||To/Hit||Damage||Attack Type|
|Shadowbite (Scavenger)||80 / 2160 / 4320||60 / 181 / 243||10 / 60 / 90||20 / 105 / 140||3-20 / 10-44 / 18-86||Skeleton|
|El Chupacabras (Plague Eater)||188 / 2376 / 4752||120 / 361 / 483||20 / 70 / 100||30 / 115 / 150||10-18 / 24-40 / 46-78||Goat Man|
|Pulsecrawler (Shadow Beast)||375 / 2750 / 5500||150 / 451 / 603||45 / 45 / 45*||35 / 120 / 155||16-20 / 36-44 / 70-86||Scavenger|
|Spineeater (Bone Gasher)||552 / 3104 /6208||180 / 541 / 723||30 / 80 / 110||35 / 120 / 155||18-25 / 40-54 / 78-106||Scavenger|
- * Pulsecrawler has 45 AC on all difficulty levels. This makes him quite hard to hit on Normal, but a sitting duck on Nightmare and Hell.
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page other swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Shadowbite (Scavenger)||0.40 / 0.55 *||0.30||0.60||0.35|
|El Chupacabras (Plague Eater)||0.40 / 0.55 *||0.30||0.60||0.35|
|Pulsecrawler (Shadow Beast)||0.40 / 0.55 *||0.30||0.60||0.35|
|Spineeater (Bone Gasher)||0.40 / 0.55 *||0.30||0.60||0.35|
- * The second value is the corpse feasting animation.
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|