Beyond Infinity... To the Item Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
log...chest, chest...chest...corpse...chest, chest...chest...corpse...corpse...waypoint...save...repeat.

The runs climb.
Hundreds become thousands.
Thousands become tens of thousands.
Is this rune the start of a lucky streak or the start of a three thousand run dry spell?
Just keep counting the runs.
Break it down.
One hundred runs at a time.

Welcome to Lower Kurast traveller On October 15th last year I started rolling LK maps. A Sur drop in about the first twenty runs brought some early optimism. I even managed to craft some nice Blood Gloves on my first attempt. @ffs told me the expected value was about a Ber every 1100 runs. I would need a total 5 to be able to make Enigma and Infinity. In my head I planned for 10000 runs. That should cover it.

Shouldn't it?

3000 runs became 6000 runs.
I had Ohms available to rolled a few CtAs. I managed to rack a Shako.

WIth each Sur drop I kept telling myself that it must be the start of a lucky streak.
Eventually, after 11000 runs I managed to put together Enigma. My over 50 second run times were reduced by 20 seconds. Time to reset the run counter.

After around 1900 runs:
Sur 16_01_2022 22_02_47.png

and the next evening, about 200 runs later:
Sur 17_01_2022 22_18_56.png

Here we go! home stretch, just one more Ber required.

But again I hit a dry patch, one of the longest yet. 3000 runs, 4000, 5000.....

22-02-2022 - One more run before I mule off. After a total of 16678 LK runs....
Ber 22_02_2022 21_07_52.png

I was so shocked I forgot to take a screenshot of it on the ground.

To Infinity...​

I had a rack that dropped Threshers if I laid a few traps on one of my earlier LK maps. I managed to get two with 4os after a bit of cubing.
Diablo II_ Resurrected 22_02_2022 22_24_33.png

Infinity 22_02_2022 22_31_55.png
Perfect -ELR (not that it matters) and 10% off perfect ED. Worth the wait :)

I also had some materials for a few more Call to Arms rolls. The first one rolled 1BO. So far in this journey I have now rolled 3x 1, 2, 3 and 4 Battle Orders. Here is CtA lucky number seven:
CtA7 22_02_2022 22_36_32.png

Code:
Infinity
Thresher
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 74 - 875
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x12a81311
Item Level: 79
Version: Resurrected
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
315% Enhanced Damage
-55% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+44 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges) Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Call to Arms
War Scepter
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 38 - 65
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xe84910ba
Item Level: 79
Version: Resurrected
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
286% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Salvation (Paladin Only)
+2 to Conversion (Paladin Only)
+6 to Battle Command
+6 to Battle Orders
+2 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

.. and Beyond​

I'm planning to hit the Ubers with this character, I still need some essentials - Dracul's Gore Rider etc. I'm off to Meph for a bit first I think, I'm considering Cow Runs with her for RFL round 1. Almost certainly The Pit for round 3.

So I'm not starting the IFT with an incredible item that most people will never even dream of. Sure it is nice, but I expect we will see many nicer items in this thread. This is a message to keep going. Keep hitting whatever target you are running. Don't read the IFT thinking that everyone finds incredible drops all the time, it is normally the result of a huge amount of effort.

Eventually your perseverance pays off. This time I won't wish you luck, but wish that you have the endurance to find what you are looking for.

Link to previous ITF
Just in case you are missing the annoying dinosaur...

Yeah. Having spent a bit of time in LK, I think I can fully understand the awesomeness of this moment :D .

💐 Huge CONGRATS on getting it done! 🌈

I'll be excited to follow her adventures now that she'll be out and about!

Oh. And of course, awesome rolls! I hope playing her fully geared is every bit as satisfying as you've been imagining!

Reactions: maxicek
Finding Ber runes with fully optimized rune finding characters is one thing. "Ok, not bad, whatever, next run..."

But that's the beauty of untwinked 99ing right there, the sense of achievement of farming those game-changing runewords on an untwinked character (who sorely needs them to achieve various upcoming goals). I remember very well how satisfying it was to finally get things like Enigma and Infinity after a long and monotonous grind. I can only imagine such terrible luck makes it even more worth it. :)

Congrats again!

Reactions: maxicek
Wow max. Grats. That's some terrible luck. I thought you were just kidding when I saw you offhandedly mention your run numbers in another post. That's a hot roll too look at it. 315% that's hot. Mmm and in a thresher, able to be equipped by a merc right at level 63.

At first I was like oh nice great luck with the CtA, 6/6 on the first try but looked a little closer and saw the 7 rolls XD That's some luck you got there!!

Did you guys know that scepters can't spawn with holy shield in d2r? I heard this the other day. Kinda sad.

Last edited:
Let's get this IFT goin boys with another big boy drop.

It's been a long journey to find this item, like many of you I've been playing a long time. I only have a few items left to find from the grail, the list dwindling by the month or year instead of by the day. There's one grailer I've wanted more than the rest, which despite my best efforts has eluded me for the better part of more than a decade.

Screenshot235.png

Screenshot236.png

Really tough to express my joy over finding this death's fathom. Can't wait to get it slotted and equipped!

Wow Max, great Itamz, even greater perseverance! Congratulations, Hero!

Ahh, that new IFT smell! I almost started a new IFT a few weeks ago (was getting really tired of seeing that purple dinosaur every time my mouse hovered over the IFT thread...), but it just didn't seem right to replace @D2DC's IFT with this particular item (thrilled to have got it, though! :D)
107_PrismaticTals.jpg
I was rushing toons in 1.07 to forward to 1.08 to get runes for crafting, and as usual, I went ahead and did normal Hellforge while partied, as those runes aren't very useful... the resulting shower of gems included the right combo of pgems for a prismatic amulet roll... the result was pretty much unbeatable for an Abbot!
107_3DA25pdrAmmy.jpg
After that, I just had to roll some more, so I muled on some more pgems, and the second one after that was the Tal's!

While we're on the subject of awesome amulets, I finished my initial batch of 1.08 caster amulets... I didn't get one with 25FCR, but I did get this beauty!! For a Zon, just as good as 25FCR!!!
108_BitterGorget.jpg

There... that big boy enuff for ya? :p

Code:
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x169d26e0
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +48%
Cold Resist +27%
Poison Resist +72%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Prefix 1152 Amulet of Life Everlasting
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x456b3dbf
Damage Reduced by 25
Fire Resist +26%
Lightning Resist +22%
Cold Resist +28%
Poison Resist +52%
+3 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Code:
Bitter Gorget
Amulet
Required Level: 54
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x2346da4f
+20 to Dexterity
+18 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 12%
8% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
24% Faster Cast Rate

WoRG

Last edited:
Bitter Gorget
Amulet
Required Level: 54
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x2346da4f
+20 to Dexterity
+18 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 12%
8% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
24% Faster Cast Rate
I was going to congratulate you on the first prismatic Tal's in SPF history, but seriously, who cares considering THIS amulet exists. Best thing ever. :D

Reactions: PhineasB
Screenshot900.jpg
Screenshot902.jpg
Screenshot908.jpg
Screenshot915.jpg
Screenshot919.jpg

Screenshot923.jpg
rare nagelring lol
Screenshot927.jpg

2 Pul runes where found too, but it's not worth my time to upload that.
Multiple Draculs, Viper dropped too, but the stats wheren't perfect.
The run after the eth Titans ANOTHER titans dropped lol

Summing up:
The bosspacks in lvl 2 and 3 can drop I believe like Pindle, please correct me lol

I think if I drop a Jah rune I make myself a Phoenix just for that character.

It's my only character that LOVES those Dolls, you can't get stuck because of occutele, and you usually survive even an AD explosion.

Never died, only had to revive merc when he was amped at mephisto

hoorah dedication! Nice RWs, Max.

speaking of ridiculous items that most people here will never have, want, or possibly just haven't realized they wanted yet, I had a unicorn, an unfathomable thing, conglomerate of some of the most prized (or at least just stupidly rare) items to be dropped in a patch from the days of yore.

It was a dream, a fevered delirium of a madman... until I had a birthday, recently. You may not see how that corresponds, but that's only because I have not told you yet. On this particular day, my sibling did hatch a most devious plot, a plot to drag me back into the burning hells of this grindfest of a game... a most effective plot it was. Deep, deep, into forgotten stashes buried in figurative inches (that is a unit of measurement for distance, for you base-ten simpltons) of e-dust did @WoRG delve, and finding the relics, did he so forge a terrible and beautiful weapon, of such ridiculous and obnoxious power! Gaze upon its glory & be AMAZED!

1.10betaCTAGMB.jpg

Call to Arms
Superior Grand Matron Bow
AmnRalMalIstOhm
Two Hand Damage: 56 - 291
Durability: 30 of 55
Required Level: 58
Required Strength: 108
Required Dexterity: 152
Fingerprint: 0x50994b1d
GUID: 0x7a1f0fe4 0xf586351c 0x0
Item Level: 90
Version: Expansion
+2 to All Skills
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+40% Increased Attack Speed
305% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+12 to Battle Cry
+14 to Battle Orders
+16 to Battle Command
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune
Amn Rune
Required Level: 25
GUID: 0x75bd3961 0x75bd3961 0x0
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
GUID: 0x6faec94e 0xeb7a72c2 0x0
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mal Rune
Required Level: 49
GUID: 0x6e708657 0x6137ac23 0x0
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ist Rune
Required Level: 51
GUID: 0x579b5cc 0xd6f4e584 0x0
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ohm Rune
Required Level: 57
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

For the undiscerning eye, that is a 1.10s "Call To Arms" in a +15%ED Superior +3B&C Grand Matron Bow, which happened to roll +290%ED(MAXIMAL) and +14 BO (max-1)! The other rolls are really good as well, making this pretty much the biggest single possible upgrade to one of my favorite chars... my fishyzon, Matriarch TunaTits.

So I take her new plinker for a turn... and quickly realized breakpoints changed severely with the GMB over Mat Bow... so we enter stage 2, which involved getting Attack Speed back to a respectable level, handily accomplished by:

1.07ValkWing.jpg

So handily, in fact, that I noticed with the 1.07 Valk Wing, I could almost get to 99FCR on jav switch ("Spirit" Monarch)... Stage 3!

1.08CasterBelt.jpg
+
1.14CasterAmmy.jpg

which meant dropping Cat's Eye Ammy, and thus 20%IAS... so:

1.07BloodGloves.jpg

And so it was complete... a new ridiculous shiny bestowed upon a char, then to be added to further with more ridiculous shinies from the far-flung layers of space-patch continuum, to form what is possibly the final form of the lored fishyzon! Not to mention one hell of a lot cooler bday present than a random giftcard. :D

RFL when?

P.S. -- This was going to be a new IFT... Max beat me to it. Believe it or not, this is the edited version, since it isn't opener, and also had to make 1st page, obviously.

Can someone help me, I remember reading a thread like this:

If you throw enough highrunes at the game, can you beat it without any skill/statpoints allocated (was iirc a barb wearing atma bugged Beast BA and Passion as offhand)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High