Friday the 13th strikes again - Item Find Thread - Mar 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Hellmouth on Trav Sorc but form the top of my head I can only remember only used Rising Sun on 99er Paladin. Absorb from Hellmouth is indeed a bit low for CS. Not sure if I tried them in conjunction +max FR stuff, could see that might work...

For me the standard Hammerdin uses a 2/10 amulet. Those aren't super hard to come by – even though my 99er Pally never got one in >300 tries. :) He was really unlucky in that regard though. I'd only use Mara's if a player doesn't care to craft at all (why though?) or has no resist charms after a restart or something. Rising Sun is fun for a while, but it lacks skills and more importantly, you do eventually want FCR from amulet, so it's rather a gimmick IMO. As for 2/20 amulets, I did get one for Pally some time ago, and used this setup for CS runs (including de Seis) with a twinked Hdin:
Shako
Enigma
Hoto
35 Spirit ST
2/20 craft amulet
Magefist
Verdungo's
BKWB
FCR/res/life/mana rare ring
Hotspur

For 2 seal runs I used Arach and second +1 skill ring for 2 extrra skills, but I liked the stats from Verdungo's against de Seis, and with plenty of skillers in inventory his clear speed didn't really suffer in comparison.

But that was the only scenario where a 2/20 amulet offered something for Hammeridn that a 2/10 couldn't.

Reactions: b1ur and Luhkoh
@ffs nice, the 2/10 is certainly common and deserved a mention. I could never get it to work ok though. You lose something like 50 fire res from replacing maras and your fcr ring. Do you have a setup you like with one? Haha guess I completely made up you using hellmouth on Lucid at some point. Not sure why I thought that. And so yeah I think hellmouth makes running 75 fire res with little to no overstack tolerable. So I might even consider running hellmouth and 2 fcr rings with a 2/10 amulet to get 1 extra skill compared to rising sun. But dont see a way I would enjoy running a 2/10 with magefist and 2 skill rings without just packing my inventory with fire res scs. Though I guess dropping 2 skillers for 50 fire res in charms plus some life or mf still gains you plenty of dmg, so I should probably try it more :p

With Waterwalk or Hotspur along with life/FR charms, it's not super hard to get to 75 FR. No overstack to tank Conviction Infector per se :) but I never found that to be crucial. Sure it was fun to pretty much laugh at that spawn with Rising Sun, but it's not that big of a deal to pay attention to that Conviction and in such case just position a bit more safely, throwing hammers from the edge instead of the middle.

Reactions: Luhkoh
My 99er Paladin had one death in CS, and it was when his FR was substantially below 75 due to dropping Aldurs and to a convicted Infector when tired that happened to spawn right on top of him (ie, very dumb). There were also a couple S&Es when I’d not spotted conviction right away but they were few and far between.

So I agree that a little care + fire resists maxed works just fine without need for big overstack or major absorb. And higher damage from hammers helps survivability :) Phaedrus would have worn hotspur if he had found it, but Aldurs worked just fine for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luhkoh
Thanks to the invite from both Grisu and Luhkoh I "found" myself in this new forum ;). Registered and bookmarked! Happy hunting! I'll post my SUR find from a few days ago (finally got D2 up and running on my Win10 machine).

Attachments

• 20200331-SUR-AT with Blizzsorc.jpg
    20200331-SUR-AT with Blizzsorc.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 6
After round one of RFL I visited Mephisto for a bit. Got a bunch of eth grailers, another Tal's Amu, a +5 Hurricane rare (with crappy stats), a +4 Fire Claws rare (lvl req 30!!!), an Ormus (Fire Bolt), my first 35@ Vipermagi (but only 9 MDR), another Shako and five facets total: -3/+5, -5/+3 Poison ; -4/+4 Lightning ; -5/+4 Fire ; -5/+3 Cold.

But non of that matters...
War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 137
Durability: 17 of 48
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0x95a9a42
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+25% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 15 - 25 Damage
+186% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
40% Slower Stamina Drain
Attacker Takes Damage of 9
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+30 Maximum Durability
Finally! :D

I never get skillers with Vita, so this was nice. However necro is my last planned build, so it wont get use for a while.

Hexing Grand Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 69
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x5f45c1
+38 to Life
+1 to Curses (Necromancer Only)

Found during my 8k AT run project. Never knew fingerprints could be six digits/letters long.

I never get skillers with Vita, so this was nice. However necro is my last planned build, so it wont get use for a while.

Hexing Grand Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 69
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x5f45c1
+38 to Life
+1 to Curses (Necromancer Only)

Found during my 8k AT run project. Never knew fingerprints could be six digits/letters long.

Never knew either...weird. Maybe yours is cursed :p

Really cool orb. The same thing but with +5 Nova is something I'd give an arm and a leg for, and it's why I pick up rare/magic orbs whenever I can. But this one is great too. Basically same damage as low roll Fathom, with FCR, plus life and MPK – very nice.

Reactions: Miron and Luhkoh
@Aldo if you're not going to use it, head over to the SPTF! :D

I only have a trade profile because I had to for MFO, much prefer being self-found only!

Regardless, I will definitely use it for the style points alone!

After turning my AT Blizzard Sorc into an ES/Nova Sorc for Cows, I need to remake my Blizzard Sorc anyway so I'll put this on her I reckon! Will need to mess about with some gear choices to reach 105 FCR, but it'll be fine!

Best find while leveling at Baal in HC Normal with AlreadyDead:
Code:
Ribcracker
Quarterstaff
Two Hand Damage: 58 - 156
Durability: 15 of 130
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x6d67289b
Item Level: 60
Unidentified
+50% Increased Attack Speed
+50% Faster Hit Recovery
250% Enhanced Damage
Adds 30 - 65 Damage
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
+100% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense
+15 to Dexterity
+100 Maximum Durability

Will help for the druid building i guess!

So when you reroll a lvl 1 rare jewel with a lvl 1 character (using 6 PSkulls) you have a 1 in 10 chance at getting -req AND poison damage. I knew this for a while but tried it for the first time now:
View attachment 53892
That's a sweet jewel now, even the Stamina is useful! :D I will probably use my PSkulls for this until I have a super light weight Long Battle Bow with a bunch of these in it.
the stamina is arguably the most important mod there LOL

@b1ur why not 1.07 rising sun? ;)
gives 1 fire sorb per lvl

The Rising Sun
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x5db5977b
Adds 24-48 fire damage
+4 to Light Radius
2% Chance to cast Level 7 Meteor when struck
+1 to Fire Absorb (1 per Character Level)

Decided to get a Grief for my HC Zealer ThouShallNotDie, instead of a Fortitude for merc (only have a 955 ebug armor for now anyway). So after some phase blade crafting, here's the result!

Well... sadly only the IAS roll is great :-(

Grief
Phase Blade
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xca827fa5
Item Level: 81
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+40% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +356
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+161% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-21% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+15 Life after each Kill
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune

After failing to get Cow King's Boots in 1.07 despite a looooong history of running Hell Cows there, most recently 40 hours for RFL round1, I decided to run NM cows and see if I could score a pair....took about 2½hrs, though I got 4 more Sander's Ripraps first :mad: (you'd think that in the cow level, the CK boots would drop at least as much as Sander's!)
107CKHooves.jpg
That was the last normal or exceptional set item I needed for the 1.07 grail, now I need a Naj's Puzzler (which can't be racked, and can only drop from RoF/CS, Glacial Trail on in ActV, or Cows in Hell in 1.07)

WoRG

the stamina is arguably the most important mod there LOL

@b1ur why not 1.07 rising sun? ;)
gives 1 fire sorb per lvl

The Rising Sun
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x5db5977b
Adds 24-48 fire damage
+4 to Light Radius
2% Chance to cast Level 7 Meteor when struck
+1 to Fire Absorb (1 per Character Level)
Like at .75 isn't OP anyway :p

Reactions: pharphis
Doing some practice runs for round 2. I'm liking sorc so far. I taught it'll be much more dangerous.

n2SaybB.jpg

Code:
Gheed's Fortune 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 62 
Fingerprint: 0xd7428eb 
Item Level: 85 
133% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Reduces all Vendor Prices 12% 
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

I hope I don't deplete all of my luck before the RFL actually starts :D