2021 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
Oh, hi there, SPF! Yes, it's time for RFL Round 2, and so here is the thread to sign up and talk about your progress during Round 2.

What is RFL?
RFL stands for Rune Finding League. RFL is a free for all rune finding tournament that has three individual parts. You can participate for every three round or pick only one or two.

During this contest we farm runes in various areas during 3 weeks periods, with one week of rest and planning between each round. Players get points based on rarity of the rune (not its level) and at the end each player posts top 5 highest scored runes to get the final score.

For the first round we run Cow level, second is about running Travincal Council Members and for the last round we run area of one own's choice.

When is RFL?
  • Round 1 (Moo Moo Farm): Friday, March 5 through Sunday, March 21 [Running] [Results]
  • Round 2 (Travincal): Friday, March 26 through Sunday, April 11
  • Round 3 (Areas): Friday, April 16 through Sunday, May 2
So, this second round starts on Friday 26 March at 0.00 and ends on Sunday 11 April at 23.59. Sign-up is open for each round until the end.

Standings after the first round
D2DC (10 pts)
Swamigoon (8 pts)
Nano (6 pts)
Pb_pal (5 pts)
Vildecor (4 pts)
Luhkoh (3 pts)
maxicek (2 pts)
Saracen85 (1 pt)

General Rules
These are rules that stand for all the three rounds. Specific rules for the second round are posted below

1. For each round, running time is limited to 20 hours of playing (when you mule to stash or in ATMA/GoMule, you can pause clock/counter/online stopwatch or whatever you use). However, when you finish your 20 hours of running, you can start a new batch of running which is again limited to 20 hours of playing. You can play as many batches as you want.

2. You are not allowed to start a new batch as long as you don't finish full 20 hours of the previous one.

3. Every batch is scored individually, and you will get points towards the league according to your best batch from each round.

4. Best batch is the one where your top 5 runes give the most scores. Scoring can be found below.

5. Screenshots of runes are not required, but I assume people would like to see them anyway. You are encouraged to post your findings...

6. ... but only after each round is finished! Don't post your qualifiers when the round is still going. You are warmly welcome to discuss your other findings however. But remember: Don't post your qualifying runes!

7. Runes qualified (giving scores) are all Pul+ runes.

8. Cubing runes into higher ones is not allowed. In other words don't cube Pul runes into Um to get a higher score.

9. Versions allowed: 1.13-1.14. Also versions 1.07 - 1.09 are allowed.

Round 2 Rules
You can run Travincal Council members only. Runes dropped by other monsters or poppables from Travincal do not count.

Scoring
Scoring is based on rarity of runes, not level. System is the same as we had earlier during RFOs and Zodthon. Combine the points of the top 5 runes from your best batch each round.

Pul 3.4
Mal 5.0
Um 5.1
Gul 7.1
Ist 7.5
Ohm 10.1
Vex 10.6
Sur 13.7
Lo 15.1
Jah 18.3
Ber 20.5
Cham 27.5
Zod 71.8 (not available for the 2nd round)

1.07:
Pul 19,3
Um 29,0
Mal 38,5
Ist 57,8
Gul 76,9
Vex 115,3
Ohm 152,4
Lo 228,7
Sur 307,0
Ber 460,5
Jo 613,5
Cham 920,2
Zod 736,5
1.08:
Same as 1.09 for Cows. See below.
1.09:
Pul 13,4
Um 20,1
Mal 26,7
Ist 40,1
Gul 53,4
Vex 80
Ohm 106,7
Lo 160
Sur 213,3
Ber 319,9
Jah 426,5
Cham 639,8
Zod 2559,1
[Will fix 1.07-1.09 scores] If anyone wants to run v1.10a-v1.13a, let me know, and I can add those from art's calculations. Also, it's okay if anyone wants to run two sets in a round, each in different versions. Just note that plan in the sign up thread.

Scoring towards the whole RFL:
After each round is done, you will get points toward the whole RFL depending your placement that round.

1st: 10 points
2nd: 8
3rd 6
4th: 5
5th: 4
6th: 3
7th 2
8th: 1

And remember, only your best batch from each round counts. While we crown every winner from each round, the biggest champion is of course the overall winner.

The Champion of the RFL is the player who has the most points given by placements total

In case of a tie after three rounds, the winner is the one with a higher scoring rune from Areas. If that is a tie as well, we check the Travincal, and then Cows. If all three are still the same, it's 2nd best from Areas etc.

Sending results
PM me your top 5 runes from your best batch. Please do this immediately after you have stopped running so that we can have results and standings after each round ASAP. Also PM me if you didn't run. Your PM should include: five runes, five scores, and the total score.

Example:

PhineasB
Zod 71.8
Cham 27.5
Lo 15.1
Lo 15.1
Ist 7.5
total: 137

After receiving your results, I'll make the results thread for each round. There you can brag about your runes, and also post screenshots of your top 5 runes, at least. This is not mandatory however. Claiming to have found 5 Zods may seem strange without screenshots though.

Prize
Eternal glory and the seal of approval from the Zod God.

Participants (as of March 26, 2021)
-------------------------
maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85
D2DC (1.07)
Babyhell
Nano
CaseyJones
ffs
Terroriffic
DaveW
Excalibur

Please state IF you are running 1.07.

Please post if you have comments or suggestions. You are also warmly welcome to discuss your builds, running tactics, finds apart from qualifiers etc.! Everything regarding the tournament in general.

Good luck and HAVE FUN!

Last edited:

Please state IF you are running v1.07, 1.08 or 1.09.

Reactions: Luhkoh
First on the list :)

maxicek

maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon

Not sure what I'll be running yet. I'll probably experiment with my avenger, blizzardess, and berzerker. I might even split up the twenty hours among them.

(I intended to run with my poison necromancer, but I'm having a hard time keeping him alive in trial runs so far. Travincal's hydras and blizzards still hurt him pretty deeply. I guess he needs to find and equip gear with "of Asbestos" mods, for better insulation?)

@Swamigoon - I ran a novamancer back in 2018 (gear/build here) and I had great fun with him. They can be decently hardy if you stack some FR and get some absorb (and stay out of the way a bit), and they can be quite quick as well (I had 23s average). What gear/merc/merc gear are you using on him?

Reactions: PhineasB and Luhkoh
maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor

I should have 3 different builds to run this year! I've got my blizz sorc who ran cows, 2 IK WW barbs, and I should have a fanatic zealot ready before the round is over as well.

Reactions: PhineasB and Pb_pal
maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh

Runnin blizz sorc. Every other character is sucks by comparison :p.

maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85

Well as it stands, I'll try to complete a 20h set... shared between the RFL rounds. Anyway, let's sign up, and we will see :)

maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85
D2DC (1.07)
Babyhell

Trav time... oof.

maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85
D2DC (1.07)
Babyhell
Nano

... What gear/merc/merc gear are you using on him?
Thanks, Pb_pal. He's mostly rares with resists, except for Blackbog's, Vipermagi, and Trang-Oul's heavy bracers. The shrunken head adds +2 poison nova, and the amulet adds +1 necromancer skills. Here's a stat/skill screencap:
I0CandTree.png
(The curses tab has maxed LR. The summon tree has some one-point golems.)
Here's a short copy/paste from GoMule's stat output:
Code:
Name:       Noxio
Class:      Necromancer
Experience: 1172789971
Level:      86

Naked/Gear
Strength:   55/67
Dexterity:  240/253
Vitality:   200/200
Energy:     25/25
HP:         602/692
Mana:       195/302
Stamina:    349/361
Defense:    60/696
AR:         1155/1232

Fire:       176/136/76
Cold:       184/144/84
Lightning:  204/164/104
Poison:     184/144/84

MF:         45       Block:      34
GF:         0       FR/W:       27
FHR:        17       IAS:        30
FCR:        50
His HF merc has an ethereal Hone Sundan, Stealskull, and Iron Pelt.

Now that I study him a little more carefully, I'm thinking I should worry more about his life than his resists and MF. Also, his block is currently low - I think he was probably carrying a Whitstan's or a Moser's (instead of the pickled noggin) when I was questing him to patriarch.

maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85
D2DC (1.07)
Babyhell
Nano
CaseyJones

Reactions: PhineasB
Gotta sign up at least! :) I'll try to be more involved in this round, we'll see how it goes.

maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85
D2DC (1.07)
Babyhell
Nano
CaseyJones
ffs

Reactions: PhineasB
I'm hoping for some better luck this round. I don't know how some of those scores, well maybe just one of them, were even possible, maybe I just gotta get good.

maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85
D2DC (1.07)
Babyhell
Nano
CaseyJones
ffs
Terroriffic

Reactions: PhineasB and Luhkoh
Although I am virtually certain I will not be able to participate this round, I have an itch to at least theorycraft some. In this, I humbly request some assistance.

Could anyone give me some ideas of a budget* setup, and lowest reccommended level, for a blizz sorc. As you could see in my attemts at previous round, I dont mind a runtime 3-4x that of the competetive people.
I am just curious about the minimum level to be able to participate at all.
(I would try, but I have neither the time to get my sorc from Act 1 H to trav, not to test it out myself.)

Low budget gear for a merc is also of interest. I understand fireabsorb is preffered, but with none of that available what would be some budget options?

Best of luck to all participants. I guess it starts soon for some of you. ^^

Hype, Hype!

After @D2DC 's remarkable first round he is gambling all or nothing on a big find in 1.07 to cement himself into first place. Or will he blow it and finish out of the points?

What is everyone running with? I'm planning another two sets, the first will be with a Barb. I may try a sorc again for the second, if I can be bothered to roll a decent Map.

What equipment are you using on your Sorcs? Someone remind me what the magic number is for rares in terms of MF please?

Reactions: D2DC
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High