2022 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Moo Moo Farm)

Started my second set with 1.14d Java yesterday evening and finished the first hour today. The runs are "slow" at an average time of 2:58 but everything feels overwhelmingly fast!
The cows feel so much faster than in 1.09b and they even die faster :D The teleport, with 68% FCR on an Amazon, feels lightning fast after running around for a hundred hours in 1.09b and finally runes drop like there's no tomorrow. Just had two qualifiers in the same run and am now 4 qualifiers in.

In my mind this is definitely the "meta" when it comes to round 1: Do the slowest teleport characters first and then work your way up.

EDIT: 1 hour 15 minutes in and I got another two qualifiers. They might have gone a bit too far with 1.13c :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB
Ok, so we kinda already know who will win and who will be second. The rest of us mere mortals are very grateful third is still up for grabs.

Just over five hours in, no qualifiers, nothing interesting at all in fact.

You are not alone! I've just broken 6 hours with absolutely nothing - qualifier or not - interesting to show.

Glad to see people are having some success though, always interesting to see what people find. GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

• Sad
Reactions: PhineasB and ffs
I am not entirely sure if runes from poppables actually count as qualifiers :unsure: I was sure this was somewhere in the rules but I can not find it now... In any case poppables in cows are a rather inefficent way of getting runes and slow you down if you pop them regularly. (which is maybe why they are not forbidden in the rules)

Anyway, congratulations on the RJoF, which is more valuable than most runes you can get in this game :D
Confirming that runes from poppables count for Moo Moo (remember though that they are capped at Vex), but poppables do not count for areas in Round 3.

Keep up the great progress all!

Eight hours in, two qualifiers.
Complaining always works.
It has been confirmed plenty times in the Item Find Threads. :)
In that case, I will also complain about the unique Spiderweb Sash that I just found!
L7fssAM.png
So sad that I found it in the Moo Moo Farm, instead of in an A85 run... 😡

• Haha
Reactions: Excalibur
:DHere is the new gear I'm using now which sped me up more, necro

1.07 Valk (Ber)
2/10 amulet
Enigma
Spirit
Web (facet)
Arach
Trang gloves
10/36 mpk ring
beta BKWB
Dancer boots
I want to give Necro a shot for the first time in cows, but I don't have DWeb, so my first impulse is to replace it with Beast for faster kills from the merc. Have you tried Beast in Cows?

I think @ffs tried it for Assassin with the conclusion being that HotO was just as good? Not sure anymore, it's been a few years :D

My Necro would probably wear this:
Code:
1.07 Valkyrie Wing (Thanks for giving me the idea!)
Beast
Enigma
Spirit 35
Trang-Oul's Claws
Arachnid Mesh
Waterwalk
2x FCR ring
Mara's
That way I have 125% FCR and 86% FHR. I put the Waterwalk's in there because of the life, and of course Mara's could be replaced with a 2/10 Necro amulet and the ring slot would become free for an SoJ.

@art_vandelay
I did. It works almost as good as Web, provides faster first corpse and slower second, but overall comparable in killing speed.

What Web is valuable for is its mpk and lpk properties, easily restoring mana and life quickly. Mana may be solved with mpk ring, however life per kill not so much. With Web you basically have full life in between packs making you harder to kill, with Beast you may be killed a bit more and consume more potions overall. Enigma alone won't restore life to the full or near the full from time to time.

Web is mostly for convenience of easy going playing style and quick chain of corpses, but Beast is excellent choice nonetheless.

I think @ffs tried it for Assassin with the conclusion being that HotO was just as good? Not sure anymore, it's been a few years :D
I had the best personal results with Beast on cow trapper, but ofc Hoto is good and it may just be down to the individual playstyle in the end.

On Necro I personally think + skills are pretty important tbh. When using DWeb, PN damage is indeed high enough to have smooth chains almost automatically. But skill levels are still important in other ways, especially CE range, but also Amp range, and Golem Mastery when using IG. (I like to split remaining skill points between golem mastery and amp.)

Agreed with @Gripphon Beast is a great alternative indeed, but IMO the above points regarding skill levels apply even more as you're -2 Necro or -4 P&B in comparison to DWeb. CE/Amp range is smaller and PN damage is much lower, and CE chains can be a bit choppy. In case of the gear you listed above I'd instead use an FCR ammy with skills and swap in SoJ and 2/20 or 3/20 circlet if you have something like that, whatever mix gives 125 FCR and most +skill levels.

I will give him a shot soon, got bored of Java for now.

I looked through @ffs 's 101 guide for some videos of Cow Necro and found this post:
What startled me was the 160 Cows/min for Fissure at p5, when I got only 122-124 with my (high end) setup. I would be interested to see this character and map tracked via the new run counter. Maybe I just can't believe that I am 36-38 cows behind :ROFLMAO:

@art_vandelay I was running with well geared Druid too. :) But as mentioned before IMO it's entirely possible those numbers are overestimates, whether that is true or by how much I have no reasonable idea. The numbers were based on rune drop counts where the result/estimate can really swing drastically. Even after counting for ~200 runs, if the last ~20 runs of that batch deviated in some relatively substantial way in terms of rune drops (i.e. many/few runes in that particular stretch), then this still had a very big impact on the final number. And that's also assuming the batch as a whole is representative.

I don't know, maybe it is correct, maybe I was lucky with rune drops, maybe I sub-consciously ended the count "on a high note" when many rune drops closing out the set or whatnot :rolleyes: but in the end I got the feeling those were overestimates. Simply for the reason that whenever I used both the XP method and rune drops for a specific character, the XP method result was always lower.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High