2022 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Moo Moo Farm)

Finally the 100 runs mark has been passed, and well runes stopped to climb slowly and finally scored a bit!

As it cannot be revealed yet, here are some non-qualifiers. I do like the SC the most :)
Code:
Steel Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xd91e7fb4
Item Level: 81
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+34 to Attack Rating

Realgar Jewel of Thunder
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x254ddc6
Unidentified
23% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 66 Lightning Damage

Trainer's Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x14616976
Unidentified
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)
+5 to Strength

Chilling Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9e1dc1f5
Item Level: 84
Unidentified
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Given my available time, no way I complete a full 20 hours set, but as it stands, the full qualifiers set is secured, so... I guess I'm fine with that!

And it only needs ONE cow to deliver a Zod. One.

Finally my first qualifier a few minutes before I hit 12 hours. Unfortunately, once my zon's merc killed the Cow King I'm reduced to playing paladins. After trying a tesladin with a rogue merc, I repected my avenger to be a fanatic zealot with an act 2 merc and my times are now sub 10 minute.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Completed 2 hours of Necro and he is stronger than (my) Java. Shorter run times and what feels like more kills with less left over cows. Sadly I only got one qualifier with him, but still hoping for that fifth Zod to complete the set ;)

And as is customary 29 hours in, I am starting to question my life choices :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC and PhineasB
I was always thinking that a Necro can perhaps do better than a Java because he deals equal damage to all cows. So if one cow dies the rest will follow.
With Java you will kill a group of cows quickly but those few cows that are left are really annoying and play with your mind that they carry the rune.

I was always thinking that a Necro can perhaps do better than a Java because he deals equal damage to all cows. So if one cow dies the rest will follow.
With Java you will kill a group of cows quickly but those few cows that are left are really annoying and play with your mind that they carry the rune.
If you have 5+ leftovers on every pack sooner or later one of those cows WILL be the one that would have dropped a rune. 😬

With Necro it feels much more complete. And the best thing is that sometimes when you are done killing one pack the next one is walking right into your graveyard, ready to be blown up.

New plans got into picture so now I won't finish the set. My motivation is non-existent overall. Cows can drop me Zod and Cham at the same screen and I would probably have no reaction, or something like "oh orange letters on the screen, how nice". That's what happens when you are 5 Zods deep into set!

Reactions: Miron

It took 109 runs to complete the set!
Lk0Kw2il.jpg

Hooves #38, Horns #57, Hide #109
Code:
Cow King's Hide
Studded Leather
Defense: 57
Durability: 25 of 32
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 27
Fingerprint: 0xa8152c73
Unidentified
18% Chance to cast level 5 Chain Lightning when struck
+60% Enhanced Defense
+30 to Life
All Resistances +18

Plus some other goodies:
Code:
Shogukusha's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcbac5bf8
Unidentified
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

Stalwart Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x45be5034
Unidentified
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
+80 Defense

Steel Grand Charm of Storms
Grand Charm
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x2642276e
Unidentified
+125 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 33 Lightning Damage

Ruby Jewel of Wrath
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xb5ecfa58
Unidentified
33% Enhanced Damage
+6 to Maximum Damage

Checked :cool:

Can I still join?
(sorry I'm finishing some work and couldn't read everything)

I'll be playing 1.07 anyway :)

I just realised, when I'm almost finishing my first set, that I didn't officially sign up 🤦‍♂️

It took you 29 hours to start? :oops:

Questions usually begin around 29 min mark for me! :LOL:
It's more about reward for me. If nothing drops it feels like wasted time, so even an hour without a qualifier seems completely pointless.

Also the more you find the less value the things you find have. What is another Um rune when you have 50+ of them?

Makes me think whether there is a list of items that when you have them you can say: That's it! I'm done with D2! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: D2DC
That's it! I'm done with D2!
Pretty much the reason I moved to D2R.
Felt quite tired and pointless to spend hundred hours in farming.
Then D2R came with some Quality of Life stuff that made it less tiring so instead of giving up D2 entirely I ended up wasting more time in D2R. 😶

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC
I don't want to upset anyone, but for those of us trying to solve digital world hunger the applicable word is ADDICTION!

By the way I can't find the rules subsection on the Rune draft. That's were everyone gets to protect five runes and then in reverse order the bottom five players get to choice a rune from another player. :eek:

Haha!

Success:
172.png
At 12 hours and 27 minutes of Batch #2.

That completes the set! ... and brings my would-be-UT99er's personal grail to a landmark -50!

So, even if I don't find any more runes: It was all so worth it! Speaking of runes ... that's not going so well. Batch #2 has so far resulted in just two qualifiers. Neither one is worth much. I'll finish the set, but hopes aren't running high ...

Somehow my RFL participations in recent years are cursed. Too much going on with work and other RL stuff, looks like I won't be able to finish the set after all. :( We'll see, maybe I can get to 15h or so and hope for some crazy RNG.

Looks like I may not finish a full set as well. I'm sitting on only 4 hours completed so far as I took it rather slowly last week. This week I only have myself to blame as I have become engrossed in playing Star Control 2: The Ur-Quan Masters. I may be able to push myself to run a few hours for the next three days off I have before this round is over. We'll see.

Batch #2 is complete!

But it wasn't as good as Batch #1 ...

Still, I did pick up a couple of high runes in the last seven and a half hours, so, I'm not feeling too bad about the time spent!

I had four qualifiers. They came at:

0 hours and 57 minutes
6 hours and 15 minutes
13 hours and 4 minutes
17 hours and 31 minutes

Um, RFL rookie here. Am I supposed to keep them a secret? Or, since I'm not turning in this batch, should I go ahead and share? ... I'll wait for clarification ...

Other than runes, the big accomplishment was completing the Cow King's set. I even found a spare armor and boots during Batch #2:

173.png
Run #162 (including runs from Batch #1).

174.png

175.png
Run #198 (including runs from Batch #1).

So, five pieces in about 200 runs ... I didn't think that set was quite that rare ... Well, it feels good to have got it completed!

My most interesting set/unique drop (of S/Us not exclusive to the area) was:

176.png
Horizon's Tornado
Scourge
One Hand Damage: 10 - 267
Durability: 39 of 65
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 100
Required Dexterity: 62
Fingerprint: 0x88d42a89
Version: Resurrected
20% Chance to cast level 15 Tornado on striking
+50% Increased Attack Speed
234% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Slows Target by 20%
Requirements --20%

Awww. Still a grailer for this character though!

Anyhow, I mostly came to check the Cow King's Leathers off my would-be-UT99er's grail. So, mission accomplished! I guess I've done enough damage here in Round #1!

Oh, and speaking of doing damage here ...

Has everyone seen this?

After watching that I couldn't help but feel a little bad as I destroyed everything in the area, over, and over, and over again ...

Last edited:
Love those diblolol videos @HanShotFirst but I hadn't seen that one before.

I wouldn't share your results yet. Even if it is your unused set, you'll be signaling that your other set is an even higher score!

I was just going to say that.
If I said I found a 1.07 Zod in my second and worst set it'd be a bummer for all. Luckily I didn't say it, so you don't know.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High