2021 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Moo Moo Farm)

5 hours in, no qualifiers :(
69 runes and 133 FGems so far and other items of note:
Got the last Cow King set piece I needed (War Hat/Horns)

Other uniques/good twinking gear:
Ele druid skiller
Harlequin Crest
Magefists
Bonesnap
Steelskull
Jade Talon and Bartuc's

Probably going to complete another 5 hours with this ES/Nova sorc, then maybe the last 10 with a freshly made twinked Frost Nova/Defense sorc build I just created last wednesday. (Mat thread probably coming soon, just hell ancients and baal to finish...lvl 83 so far)

This is the running thread right?! How ya'll doing so far?

• Haha
Reactions: art_vandelay
This is the running thread right?! How ya'll doing so far?
I think most people have no drops at all so far... because it only starts 5 March. :)

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC and CaseyJones
Started up a new Fire Druid. Seems like a decent option for cows. 3 days to get him ready. Should be plenty of time. ;)
Screenshot1090.jpg
Andy only managed to get out "DIE MA.." before she went down. :LOL:

So, do you guys recommend maxing Oak Sage or Cyclone Armor? Or just straight fire skills?

I saw someone had built a 163% FCR Druid.. Seems like a bit much to sacrifice to me? 99% would be pretty easy to get with HotO + Magefist + Arach, probably only needing Ring + Ammy slot to reach breakpoint, leaving Helm slot open for Ravenlore, and Shield open for 'Phoenix'?

Reactions: Pb_pal and Babyhell
So, do you guys recommend maxing Oak Sage or Cyclone Armor? Or just straight fire skills?

I saw someone had built a 163% FCR Druid.. Seems like a bit much to sacrifice to me? 99% would be pretty easy to get with HotO + Magefist + Arach, probably only needing Ring + Ammy slot to reach breakpoint, leaving Helm slot open for Ravenlore, and Shield open for 'Phoenix'?
Cyclone armor only works against fire, cold and light so it's kinda pointless for cows... best build is max Fissure with max synergies and max oak sage. There is nothing else that you can invest in that helps you with cows.

Summons are counterproductive because they will stop the cows from moving. But you want them to move over the fissures instead of just standing on them since that produces the highest damage output.
Armageddon forces you to be close to cows which again makes them stop near you instead of moving. Also it has a 6s cast delay in which you can't cast fissures, so that's wasted time too :D

Really, this build is ready at level 70 if we're being honest... might as well take the cyclone armor for style points :p

FCR is debatable but what's for sure is that Phoenix is the most comfortable shield for a fire druid, if you have it you should probably use it. Only thing that could turn the tide against it is a perfect facet sword for ultimate damage but only Gripphon has one of those and neither of us is him :D

• Love
Reactions: D2DC
A little more than two days til the start. Hype? C'mon people! ;)

Reactions: Luhkoh
I'm leveling up my sorc right now. She's 86 and I was wanting to get to 90 or so before I started. I decided to go ahead and used my last respec to make her a Blizzballer since I won't have Infinity. I now need at least 3 more levels since I forgot to put any skill points into the lightning tree....

Edit: Actually, it makes much more sense to just farm a few essences with one of my IK barbs. Less painless that way at least!

Last edited:
A little more than two days til the start. Hype? C'mon people! ;)
I have also noted the eerie quite so close to RFL, and it can only mean one thing. Many people have found a revoltionary new way to run cows, and they post nothing for fear of accidentally giving themselves up. Really looking forward to seeing all these out-of-the-box methods later. ;)

While the RFL really tempts me, my current situation with 2 small children (one <1 month), work etc means it would be hard for me to find the time to even put in 10 hours into it. Besides, my desktop has sat in a closet for over a year since I moved here.

... So yeah, It would really be in my best interest to not join this year ... :cry:

... So I cleared up some space in the basement and set up my desktop again. :cool:
I only have one Matriarch, but luckily it's a LF (and CS/FA) Amazon, so it's a quite good fit for cows. (And I really dont have time to push my Fishymancer or Blizzballer through hell. They are H A1 now. So might use them for later rounds, if I can find the time.)
My runstrat with her will be to have very ineffective runs (with far to long runtime), and count on RNG to give me a chance. I wont be able to finish a full set though. Aiming to finish 10 h (so half a set) of cows, but even that seems somewhat optimistic right now.

Please state IF you are running v1.07, 1.08 or 1.09.
-------------------------
Vildecor
maxicek
hackedagainanda
Swamigoon
Nano
Babyhell
art_vandelay (1.09/1.14d)
Terroriffic
lillicoder
CaseyJones
Luhkoh
Pb_pal
ffs
ESDv2
Kitteh
PhineasB
D2DC (1.07/1.14d)
Kartongen

Been thinking about what I will run and came to a list of canditates. First and foremost I want to get my 1.09 Java to 99 but also run a set of 1.14d. There I compiled a list of builds with their equip as a sort of reminder for me. Maybe it can help someone else as well.

I'll definitely won't be running the Bowa and the HDin isn't looking to be favored either.
This one's interesting. No Enigma in 1.09 so FRW is king! This is a preliminary setup, might change the armor to Tal's for the massive resists and some MF to colour drops blue.

55ias/32fhr/172frw
Titan's
1.09 Valk Wing +2
Twitchthroe
Moser's 2xPDiamond
Cat's Eye
LoH (don't have 3/20s here)
Razortail
Nat's Boots
Raven Frost
35 MPK ring
various 5frw SCs

She won't be using a mercenary since he would just mess up the herding. Here's a video of her in action with lag courtesy of OBS ;)
Slow but reliable, this time with even more life.

99fcr/42fhr
HotO
Ravenlore 'Shael'
Enigma
Phoenix
2/19 Craft Amu
Magefist
Arach
eth Sandstorm Trek
2xSoJ

Infinity Merc with Defiance for him.
Just a standard Java, nothing to see here...

30ias/68fcr/86fhr
Titan's
Griffon's 'Cham'
Enigma
Spirit
HLW
3/20 Gloves
Razortail
eth Sandstorm Trek
Raven Frost
10/30 MPK
12fhr GC
Skillers

Infinity merc with defiance is set here.
This is purely hypothetical since my Faith is not good enough (only lvl 12 Fana). The gear I had in mind is this:

65ias/48fcr/32fhr (Switch: 68fcr/86fhr)
Faith
1.08 Valk Wing with IAS jewel (i.e. 45ias/30frw/30fcr/30fhr)
Enigma
-
2/18+ Craft Amu
2/20/KB Craft Gloves
Razortail
War Travs
Raven Frost
LL/ML ring
5fhr SC
Skillers/Max Dmg (?)

This works out for lvl 13 Fanaticism because there you need 65 IAS for 7fpa but with lvl 12 you need 70 IAS. I'll have to wait for a better Faith to try this build out. :cautious:

Merc would hopefully be Infinity with Might but maybe FA is so mana hungry that I would need Insight, don't know.
My favorite from last year. I went for super high life, def and fhr with her so she becomes nigh invincible (only nigh though :p) and this year I have beta CtA to go with her old equip. I want to reach the life breakpoint at which she can't be put into hit recovery anymore by a regular cow.

105fcr/60fhr
HotO
Griffon's 'Cham'
1.07 Arkaine's
Phoenix
Tal's Amu
Magefist
Arach
eth Sandstorm Trek
2xSoJ
2x5fhr SC
Skillers

Merc will be Infinity with Defiance and +4 skills armor/helm combo.
Completely new to me in every regard. This one would require fine tuning to hit the damage breakpoints to force cows into hit recovery. Kinda inspired by ffs' setup from his video last year only that I have an MPK ring and that changes things "slightly". Namely Frostburns or Dracul's come into play as sensible glove options.

105fcr/60fhr
Crescent Moon
Griffon's 'Cham'
Nova Ormus
Spirit
Tal's Amu
Frostburn/Dracul's
Arach
Waterwalks
10/30 MPK ring
SoJ
5fhr SC
Skillers

Clearly Infinity merc with Defiance and +4 skills armor/helm combo.
Lot's of life and def, just like the fire sorc except that she has spirit so Sandstorms for fhr are not needed.

105fcr/86fhr
Fathom
Griffon's 'Cham'
1.07 Arkaine's
Spirit
Mara's/Tal's Amu
TO Gloves
Snowclash
Waterwalk
10/30 MPK ring
SoJ
5fhr SC
Skillers

I kinda want to try Infinity merc with Defiance to see if static is improved, can't remember how I did it last year...
No DWeb available so I either go HotO or Beast.

125fcr/86fhr
HotO / Beast
Shako / 2/20 Circlet 1os
Enigma
Spirit
Skill Amu / 2/10 Craft Amu
TO Gloves
Arach
eth Sandstorm Trek
10/30 MPK ring
SoJ
12fhr GC
Skillers

No choice but Might merc with offensive gear. Probably an IAS Andariel's over my Cham'd one.
Pretty standard gear except that no resists are necessary.

125fcr/86fhr
HotO
Shako
Enigma
Spirit
2/10 amulet
TO Gloves
Arach
eth Sandstorm Trek
2xSoJ
12fhr GC
Skillers

Probably the easiest to gear by a long shot, merc would be Insight with Defiance with +4 to skills armor/helm combo.

Question as I always forget: P7 for Javazon P5 for necro right?

Please state IF you are running v1.07, 1.08 or 1.09.
Vildecor
maxicek
hackedagainanda
Swamigoon
Nano
Babyhell
art_vandelay (1.09/1.14d)
Terroriffic
lillicoder
CaseyJones
Luhkoh
Pb_pal
ffs
ESDv2
Kitteh
PhineasB
D2DC (1.07/1.14d)
Kartongen
saracen85

Did some trial cow runs @/p5 with my Javazon (Fishyzon really, twinked with Phoenix switch and Infinity Merc)

Total time including wirt-legging and muling out is around 8 min.

What's the standard timing to meet per run?

@PhineasB
FxKiIS0.png

@Kartongen hahaha welcome!

@maxicek p7 for java, p5 for everything else in the world with good gear.

Reactions: PhineasB
[...]

[Java spoiler]
30ias/68fcr/86fhr
[...]
Griffon's 'Cham'
[...]
Raven Frost
[...]
Really appreciate all the details you dropped here. It was really nice to see what breakpoints people with skill and gear aim for. :p

I just have to ask though, about the Cham and Ravenfrost. Do you only have Griffon's with Cham (since you already have CBF from Ravenfrost). Also, if not for CBF what is the point of Ravenfrost. Is it to get enough AR for some leech? Cause apart from AR and CBF, I can't see what it offers that a nice rare wont give you. (And based on the rest of your setup, I assume you have some nice rares. :p )

[...]

I am also curious about this. I would love to have a number (or factor) on how slow I am. :sneaky:

Did some trial cow runs @/p5 with my Javazon (Fishyzon really, twinked with Phoenix switch and Infinity Merc)

Total time including wirt-legging and muling out is around 8 min.

You have Phoenix and Infinity so I'm guessing Enigma is available too? :unsure:

If yes a cow run with Java on p7 should be below 3 minutes going on 2,5 minutes. With no Enigma you should be shooting for sub 5 minutes as a benchmark. Those times don't include muling but you don't have to time that for RFL anyway.

I got that sub 5 min time by comparing to 1.09 where you can do cows without merc. In 1.14d you will have to carry Naj's in second slot to position merc and get him out of bad situations.

The best advice I can give is to stop killing once you can't pierce anymore, those last 5 cows are not worth it, just move on.

Really appreciate all the details you dropped here. It was really nice to see what breakpoints people with skill and gear aim for. :p

I just have to ask though, about the Cham and Ravenfrost. Do you only have Griffon's with Cham (since you already have CBF from Ravenfrost). Also, if not for CBF what is the point of Ravenfrost. Is it to get enough AR for some leech? Cause apart from AR and CBF, I can't see what it offers that a nice rare wont give you. (And based on the rest of your setup, I assume you have some nice rares. :p )
I did it also because I forgot all my equip from last year. Had to research it in last years Round 1 thread :D

Ultimately it comes down to me just having one non-eth Griffons ... And I kinda jumped the gun and put a Cham in :rolleyes: So now I can either go HLW/Raven for 68/30 breakpoints or fcr ring/fcr amu for 99/16 OR I remove the Cham and put an IAS jewel in but that's a bit rich for my taste :ROFLMAO: I just happened to like the 30ias throwing breakpoint.

You can have 99/52 breakpoints and Raven if you just craft a 2/24 amulet in 1.08 and use 1.08 Valk on top of that. I'm still working on the amulet though, should pop out of the cube any second now :p

Btw with Infinity you don't need AR since it reduces enemy defense by some ridiculous amount and you basically hit all the time.

@art_vandelay, @Kartongen just wants to know why you have a ravenfrost on instead of soj. I think you're going to have to reveal your sick fascination with cold absorb... 🥶

If yes a cow run with Java on p7 should be below 3 minutes going on 2,5 minutes. With no Enigma you should be shooting for sub 5 minutes as a benchmark.

Including getting the leg :oops:
Unlikely I will go that fast, I have to rely on luck instead.

@art_vandelay
I'm using Skullders will an IAS jewel, and I barely get my MF past 200. I don't mind not using Enigma since my gear was already setup to meet a throw breakpoint.

I guess the slowness may mainly be due to a half synergized LF. Need to learn to resist the urge to kill those straggler cows as well. 😅

Silver lining, recently I've upped to p7 and still getting the same timing. So... Yay!?!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High