The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, The Saviours of Sanctuary Rise Anew

Ber 20200401.png
Still hard to believe. My highest rune find ever of course.

I have 2 Surs and can cube up to make one more I believe. Will probably wait though, if another Sur drops I would have lost my Ohm to make CTA.

Separately, I need to start researching the best base for Enigma (a highly debated topic I know) as this runeword may actually happen!

I’m a big fan of light plate and mage plate (for characters that will tote Spirit Monarch or other higher strength item than Enigma’s +strength provides). The few points saved in strength relative to ugly breast plate don’t seem worth it, especially if it’s a first one.

Congrats and good luck on the last few rocks!

Personally, I really like my Scarab Husk Enigma. Don’t know why, but I like the leather look of the paladin better for a Hdin. He looks more like a caster than when he’s a tin can. And, since a paladin doesn’t need 156 strength to have Spirit, mine is strength bugging his armor. So, no strength investment needed.

However, for a first Enigma, Mage plates are very hard to beat; decent def, super low req and good look overall. My first is in a Mage plate, so yeah, can’t go wrong there.

Reactions: Luhkoh
Best - Breast Plate - ugly af
Second best - Light Plate - cool af
Everything else is suboptimal, unless it's for style points or specially tailored towards the character. Say if you're gonna use a high str item (i.e. CoA, Spirit Monarch etc) Dusk Shroud could be better as it is more defence... which is almost useless. And Enigma provides flat +Defence bonus so all you're getting is 300-400 more defence in total.
tl;dr
Light Plate > everything else.

Reactions: Zenigma and Luhkoh
I would probably go light plate! But I think breast plate, light plate, mage plate, and dusk shroud are all reasonable options if you have a lot of characters. If you mainly play hdin, I would stick to light plate or breast plate (the former taking more str but looking much nicer).

I remember archon plates being king back in the day, seems we have moved away from that. Just researched eth bugging, embarrassingly that hasn't been on my radar but seems like the way to go. I have at least a hundred Ptopaz (pick up flawless gems while running LK) so now I just need to find some eth mage plates!

Also, any forgive me if this practice is frowned upon, but can't you equip the armor in Gomule and bypass the Str. req?

And to think.. I was going to use this!

Mage Plate
Defense: 250
Durability: 30 of 60
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xcb2dda16
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
3 Sockets (0 used)

You 100% do not want to put Enigma in an ethereal armor if that's what you're thinking :D

Regarding the Str. req you can shop/gamble/find +30str low req belt/circlet or Amulet and keep it in stash for corpse retrieval. You will not need a perfect one if you use Light Plate (or have a decent FCR/STR ring which would be a good idea since you're gonna want Spirit in an elite base).

I remember archon plates being king back in the day, seems we have moved away from that.
I guess it is more relative to the torch and anni available on b.net as they already provide a bunch of stats - the 103 strength req is not as sacrificial as you need to put less points and already get a bump to your vita/life pool.

But hey, I made my PitZerker one in an Archon Plate - I may invest some points in strength for damage anyway, so i'm not a good example ;)

Next one (lol) would be in a Breast plate for no strength build, but Mage Plate is a very good choice - rare jewelry with strength can help also, even if it is yet another mod to get...

I can see myself still making at least one Enigma in an Archon Plate for a HC character, using charms and gear to reach 103 strength. That's at least one blessing of not needing to worry about corpse recovery.

As I'm sure many of you are aware, Lower Kurast is hella boring.

Was thinking of alternative areas I could run with my trapper that would give a decent mix of gear and runes.

Decided to see if I could handle Arcane Sanctuary on p7.

Screenshot002.jpg
Yes.

Edit:

Literally the next run. What the hell is going on?
Screenshot004.jpg

Last edited:
Death picked up a nice drop from Baal runs, finally allowing merc to drop Duriel's (for now):
Baal (Lo).jpg
It became a Fortitude in the ebugged archon plate that has been sitting in his stash for a while now:
Screenshot001.jpg
Merc is much tankier for Lister's wave and noticeably sped up Achmel's wave also, which is nice. He's also picked up Arreat's for Rd 2 of RFL, and has the 40MF Gheeds and 50MF War Travelers still stashed for that as well. I'm continuing to ebug elite armors, planning to keep a 4os roll for a possible CoH and using a 3os for Treachery (if he can pick up a Lem). No extended stash continues to be an interesting twist. :)

The nice thing about the Lo is that he still has Vex and Ohm stashed, with the Sur, so cubing at least one Ber for CoH and/or eventually a Beast is in play if Rd 2 RFL doesn't provide a straight Ber drop.

Well I misunderstood, I thought by transmuting a tal, thul and ptopaz with an eth unsocketed armor it becomes non eth and socketed. Knowing this it seems the armor I previously listed is a viable option?

250 def seems low to me for an end game armor, I am concerned that I will still need a mess of charms and other items to handle seal runs on p8.

@PhineasB what kind of noob cursor placement is that in the Fortitude screenshot, come on. :p Grats! Have you tried Treachery with him though? I prefer that for Baal runs to get decrepify up as close to all the time as possible.

Last edited:
@ffs All that you're missing out on seeing are some high runes :p

On Treachery, that's a priority (and why I'm rolling armors with the topazes). But the limited stash approach has caused some limitations there (no Lem in stash at the moment). I went with delirium first, which was a mistake, because it doesn't work and has since been muled off (at least of those Jahs needs to get put to use, so we'll roll a Dream helm to get confuse proc for lvl 98, without risk of game crashes).

The 35 IAS from socketed Andy's gets close-ish, at least it would if I were to use my RJoF in the Reaper's. But I'm now on #71 overall without eth, and Death's fifth with highest 217/14. I'm holding out for either 230+ or eth, and then I'll pull the trigger!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High