Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I just came to show off these sweet gambles that I finally get to use as I quest this Necro through NM:
Code:
Mojo Circlet of Luck
Circlet
Defense: 23
Durability: 33 of 35
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xf6303eef
Item Level: 43
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Mojo Amulet of Fortune
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x1c51af1b
Item Level: 48
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Mojo workin' :cool:

• Love
Reactions: D2DC and Luhkoh
I never really knew what the 'Project' feature was on GoMule. To be honest I thought it had something to do with making special class builds or trying to get to level 70 on normal and recording certain types of progress points.

But is this how you guys keep track of your LK runs and stuff like that? How you know on run 307 you got a BER rune?
I'd like to give it a try. Is it hard to use?

Each project is just a list of characters and stashes. By default you use the 'GoMule' project which you can see in the drop down between your characters and the menu bar. You can add more by using the 'Add Proj' button below your stashes.

It's really more for keeping stuff separated, it can't track runs or anything. For that you should use the run counter from the stickies.

@entwilighter - I love those Mojo items. One of the best names in the game! :D

These appear to be bugged LL craft, since the normal recipe calls for 1-4% LL.. 7% seems like a strange number though. I think that usually the +HP mod (+10-20) gets mixed in with the LL and disappears, and that's how you get +20%. Not sure what happened with these..
Screenshot675.jpg

Iirc, there's a rollover. I think it's around 22-23%... you can check the rlvl against the LL affixes and figure out which it rolled, and thus surmise how the automods rolled... unless it rolled another affix with higher rlvl, anyway

Reactions: D2DC
"1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded."
~~~~~

So does this recipe increase the defense to how it would be as an elite base armor type?

"1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded."
~~~~~

So does this recipe increase the defense to how it would be as an elite base armor type?
Yes. :)

Edit: the base is upgraded to its elite equivalent, and the unique bonuses such as enhanced defense are applied to that base. I have a vague feeling there is a caveat that I'm forgetting, something like maybe the base def roll is always lowest once upgraded or something? I can't remember. The unique mod rolls stay the same, for sure.

Yes. :)

Edit: the base is upgraded to its elite equivalent, and the unique bonuses such as enhanced defense are applied to that base. I have a vague feeling there is a caveat that I'm forgetting, something like maybe the base def roll is always lowest once upgraded or something? I can't remember. The unique mod rolls stay the same, for sure.

Uniques always have the best roll for base defense +1 by default. That does not apply when upgrading, you get a random value within the specific base limits. Because of this you can in some cases you end up with lower defense after upgrade. For instance Vampire gaze has a base value of 125+1 as Grim helm. But when upgrading to Bone visage it will roll anything between 100 - 157 for base defence.

Last edited:
Reactions: entwilighter
@D2DC If the bug works like we think it does then the maximum on lesser Blood Gloves should be 27%=(4+20+3)% LL (Automod % LL, Automod Life, random Affix LL) so no 29%. 😕

@zemaj I checked again (see spoiler #9 here) to see what the conclusion was on overflows and apparently they can't happen like that (e.g. 515 ED on weapon would be truncated to 511, not 4). And if they happen then only when the game saved the item as you S&E, not while the game is still running. So I'm thinking it's more likely that % ML rolled and got added to the automod % LL and the automod Life disappeared. I'm 99% sure I've read this theory about another pair of gloves (or bloodcrafts) somewhere but I can't remember where, probably in the old 1.07 thread)

Reactions: zemaj and D2DC
Uniques always have the best roll for base defense +1 by default. That does not apply when upgrading, you get a random value within the specific base limits. Because of this you can in some cases you end up with lower defense after upgrade. For instance Vampire gaze has a base value of 125+1 as Grim helm. But when upgrading to Bone visage it will roll anything between 100 - 157 for base defence.

Thanks! I am printing it out from the site and I'll add your notes for reference so I remember the effects. This may be good for Skullder's, because my MF sorc could use the defense bonus. What do people usually use this upgrade on?

Thanks! I am printing it out from the site and I'll add your notes for reference so I remember the effects. This may be good for Skullder's, because my MF sorc could use the defense bonus. What do people usually use this upgrade on?

I have upgraded Duriels, Shaftstop and Vipermagi in the past. Although only reaching 800 - 1034 defence Vipermagis defence is at minimum tripled. My hammerdin at the time liked that.

Do use a calculator to determine actual difference to monster chance to hit before deciding to use the runes.

And consider the strength required by the new base. Skullders goes to 165!

Also worth mentioning shield upgrades can improve blocking. Ie. Visceraunt +12

Reactions: McGruber08
@art_vandelay - yeah, I thought it might have something to do with mana leech. Look at these, it looks as if the ML just consumed the LL affix.. :unsure:
Screenshot681.jpg
Edit: Yep, two in a row. ML absorbs the LL mod.
Screenshot682.jpg

So, I wonder if you could "double bug" craft.. Roll a LL in addition to the Blood Craft 1-4% LL, and that will get combined with the +HP to result in +20% LL. THEN, the ML absorbs all of that goodness to result in like +25% ML. Oooh yes.. 🤪

Last edited:
Reactions: art_vandelay
I have upgraded Duriels, Shaftstop and Vipermagi in the past. Although only reaching 800 - 1034 defence Vipermagis defence is at minimum tripled. My hammerdin at the time liked that.

Do use a calculator to determine actual difference to monster chance to hit before deciding to use the runes.

And consider the strength required by the new base. Skullders goes to 165!

Also worth mentioning shield upgrades can improve blocking. Ie. Visceraunt +12

str 165 is not too bad, I need 156 for spirit anyway. BTW do we benefit from our mercs using infinity if were dealing elemental damage?

Oak Sage gets good at higher levels right? Right now it dies in 2 seconds at low levels. I guess it goes farther away from danger at higher levels I assume.

Last edited:
@art_vandelay - yeah, I thought it might have something to do with mana leech. Look at these, it looks as if the ML just consumed the LL affix.. :unsure:

Edit: Yep, two in a row. ML absorbs the LL mod.

So, I wonder if you could "double bug" craft.. Roll a LL in addition to the Blood Craft 1-4% LL, and that will get combined with the +HP to result in +20% LL. THEN, the ML absorbs all of that goodness to result in like +25% ML. Oooh yes.. 🤪

The second one I kinda get but the first one is a mystery to me, ML is 3% on the random affix so how could merging with LL give 3%? o_O fruit said there'd be a ton of special cases for each merge and that what merges (and how) depends on the order the mods rolled in.

I think we're only seeing those cases at such a frequency now because with 4 affixes guaranteed there's a higher chance of a merge happening at all.

Also 3/20/20% ML when? :p

I was also wondering about Diadems. I hardly ever find them but I was rerolling one with skulls before I lost it somewhere. Because of its higher qlvl I guess you don't loose potential prefixs/suffixes on it. Does it matter the item level when you reroll one, from the monster lvl you got it from?

Uniques always have the best roll for base defense +1 by default.
Not true, though because so many unique armors have +%ED it might seem so... ANY item that spawns with +%ED gets max base defense + 1, whether superior, magic, rare, set, or unique. But unique armors without +%ED (such as Twitchthroe, Rattlecage, or Ormus' Robes) roll defense from the normal range for their base.
That does not apply when upgrading, you get a random value within the specific base limits. Because of this you can in some cases you end up with lower defense after upgrade. For instance Vampire gaze has a base value of 125+1 as Grim helm. But when upgrading to Bone visage it will roll anything between 100 - 157 for base defence.
This part is correct

@D2DC its a bug, and we've never been able to nail down the 'rules', so to speak... Sometimes ML absorbs automod LL and Life stays, sometimes the Life disappears. Like @art_vandelay says, affix LL or ML is set 3% on gloves, so Storm Clutches are ????? I've never seen more than 9%ML on gloves (max automod on greater gloves +3%), though I have seen 32/33% LL on greater gloves (theoretical max of 34%)...

@McGruber08 No, on Diadems ilvl doesn't matter...qlvl85+magic_lvl18=max alvl regardless of ilvl

WoRG

Thank you for clearing that up @WoRG ! Also I forgot to give you credit for the Visceraunt upping idea I mentioned. You brought it up in some other thread and was new to me.

@SirName upped visceratuant, nice. Thats a nightfish classic. I think that was his favorite shield for all his sorcs (those who used shields anyways).

I got super sick of running out of socket quests and don't feel like running any twinked chars through the game, so I started messing with multi-instancing for the first time. Really been quite fun. As someone who never played bnet, I'd never messed with anything like this, so bumbling around in normal and figuring out what I need to do was quite fun. I just finished hell hellforge too and got 3 ists :). Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for from that since I have yet to make a 6ist CS for a future singer barb and always seem to be running out of them.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High