Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I only recently found out that their is a special type of claw viper that shoots infernos out of its tail. Had no clue they existed, must be one of the most neglected monsters in the whole game :D
inferno.png
They only spawn in the Infernal Pit and the Pit of Acheron and from what I can tell their special attack isn't bugged to murder you within seconds :rolleyes:

Yes, always happy to see those guys spawn when playing single-pass, full-clear playthrough in tourney setting, as they are generally quite manageable compared to other possible spawns in those areas.

I'm playing a budget Fury Druid build, using Rib Cracker/Shael as my main weapon with a Harmony runeword bow as my switch for elemental damage. Problem is this attack is much slower, (though I'm considering a speed 15% ias jewel in my Cerebrus's Bite to speed that up. I fought Radament and he was stone skinned physical immune or something, and I was barely doing any elemental. I was doing it slow to so his poison damage drained me in seconds.

If my build could afford it my merc would have Infinity, but maybe Obedience or something for now would help? Also ghost types mana burn me hard before I can do much. All I can think of that would be fast and strong enough to get physical immunes is Azurewrath, which is hard to come by.

That probably would do the trick, with the aura helping it out. I have a 3 socket crystal sword, that should do the trick. I'll try it out! Thanks.

Shifters are VERY sensitive to weapon speeds....and off-weapon IAS barely helps, unless the weapon is horribly slow. Ribcracker is a great shifter weapon...decent base speed with native 50IAS, the Shael makes it 70IAS on-weapon, giving you a 5/5/5/5/8 frame Fury...

Harmony, on the other hand, has no IAS...even if you used the fastest (WSM -10) bow, you'll have a 7/7/7/7/11 frame Fury (assuming at least lvl12 WW), and a fervor jewel in your hat won't help... if, god forbid, you used a slow (WSM 10) bow, its 9/9/9/9/16 :eek:

A workaround would be to make Harmony in a Chu-ko-nu crossbow... its WSM -60, and that makes a LOT of difference: 6/6/6/6/9 frame Fury! :D

Lawbringer has the same issue of no IAS, so if you do make it, use a phase blade (WSM -30)...you'll still only have a 7/7/7/7/11 frame Fury, though...(and PB takes 41 more DEX than Chu-ko-nu...which seems a waste on a character that doesn't even carry a sheild)

source: german weapon speed calculator

WoRG

Reactions: entwilighter
Does the German weapon speed calculator actually show the right numbers? I remember, that this wasn't the case some years back - or was it for other classes than druid in wereform where it was wrong?

I did crosscheck the number with Wereform Central though, and they are identical. So I wonder if the German Weaponspeed calculator got updated or if it has always been correct for Druids but not for non-druids in wereform... :unsure:

Why would they be wrong for non-Druids? The speeds are different for non-Druids due to a pecularity in the calculation of attack speeds, is that what you mean? :unsure:

For Werebear + Phaseblade I get the correct 4 frame max for Druid and 5 frame max for Sorc:
werebear.png

Why would they be wrong for non-Druids?
Like I said, I don't remember exactly
It is just something I remember from way back (2009 or something) Everyone pointed to wereform central then because the German Attack Speed Calculator supposedly showed wrong numbers back then. I never checked it and didn't bother to check since, I just believed people on diabloii.net :D

That is why I was asking if the numbers are correct nowadays :) might be that they didn't consider the peculiarity back then but implemented it correctly later - or maybe the rumors were just wrong 🤷‍♂️

The calculator was completely overhauled around 2011 or so... fixed wereforms and dual-wield weapon speed bugging, as well as the effects of attack speed buffs/debuffs like Fanatacism or Decrepify.

Is there a standard way to deal with PIs for a Fury wolf? I've never played one into Hell.
If not also Fire Immune, Fire Claws can work...
A fast CtC Amp weapon, or Decrepify from Reaper's/Lawbringer (Act2/5 Mercs) might break the immunity...
or you can equip a fast weapon with lots of elemental/magic damage... Azurewrath would be great, especially because undead are the most common PIs, but has rlvl85... Harmony can work, but is very much a budget option... Famine would be a more effective (and expensive!!) runeword...

One whacky cheap option would be IK Maul (ShaelShael) with the IK belt/boots/gloves... 5/5/5/5/8 Fury with 211-397 Fire, 7-477 Lite, and 127-364 Cold damage...

WoRG

The calculator was completely overhauled around 2011 or so... fixed wereforms and dual-wield weapon speed bugging, as well as the effects of attack speed buffs/debuffs like Fanatacism or Decrepify.

If not also Fire Immune, Fire Claws can work...
A fast CtC Amp weapon, or Decrepify from Reaper's/Lawbringer (Act2/5 Mercs) might break the immunity...
or you can equip a fast weapon with lots of elemental/magic damage... Azurewrath would be great, especially because undead are the most common PIs, but has rlvl85... Harmony can work, but is very much a budget option... Famine would be a more effective (and expensive!!) runeword...

One whacky cheap option would be IK Maul (ShaelShael) with the IK belt/boots/gloves... 5/5/5/5/8 Fury with 211-397 Fire, 7-477 Lite, and 127-364 Cold damage...

WoRG
I like the Immortal Fury Wolf King theme :)

Another vote for tried and true IK setup. The maul is fine as a primary weapon too.

Another option: double shaeled Hellrack on switch gets to 6 fpa Fury unless I'm mistaken.

Shifters are VERY sensitive to weapon speeds....and off-weapon IAS barely helps, unless the weapon is horribly slow. Ribcracker is a great shifter weapon...decent base speed with native 50IAS, the Shael makes it 70IAS on-weapon, giving you a 5/5/5/5/8 frame Fury...

Harmony, on the other hand, has no IAS...even if you used the fastest (WSM -10) bow, you'll have a 7/7/7/7/11 frame Fury (assuming at least lvl12 WW), and a fervor jewel in your hat won't help... if, god forbid, you used a slow (WSM 10) bow, its 9/9/9/9/16 :eek:

A workaround would be to make Harmony in a Chu-ko-nu crossbow... its WSM -60, and that makes a LOT of difference: 6/6/6/6/9 frame Fury! :D

Lawbringer has the same issue of no IAS, so if you do make it, use a phase blade (WSM -30)...you'll still only have a 7/7/7/7/11 frame Fury, though...(and PB takes 41 more DEX than Chu-ko-nu...which seems a waste on a character that doesn't even carry a sheild)

source: german weapon speed calculator

WoRG

Lawbringer is working great! The knockback also reduces the mana burn. All I know on the frames per second is less is better, you really have it nailed down! My frenzy barb is currently a budget build, cause I'm building up some other characters but I was wondering if DOOM runeword might pair well with Azurewrath, what with the -40 to -60 cold resist.

Yes, I suppose it would, but only on a barb, as you'd have to hold both at once to get the -enemy cold rez...with the holy freeze aura, Azurewrath would definitely pump out the cold damage! Of course, you can't make Doom in a sword, so you'll have to mix sword and axe mastery...

LOL, while I did catch the caveat 'currently', it still makes my head spin to see the words 'budget build', 'Doom', and 'Azurewrath' in the same sentence... :p

WoRG

Reactions: CaseyJones
Yes, I suppose it would, but only on a barb, as you'd have to hold both at once to get the -enemy cold rez...with the holy freeze aura, Azurewrath would definitely pump out the cold damage! Of course, you can't make Doom in a sword, so you'll have to mix sword and axe mastery...

LOL, while I did catch the caveat 'currently', it still makes my head spin to see the words 'budget build', 'Doom', and 'Azurewrath' in the same sentence... :p

WoRG
LOL, yeah I misworded that. My current build, the budget one, is using Crescent Moon (runeword), with Blood Moon.
Doom and Azurewrath would be the more expensive ideas, if I ever find Azurewrath. :)

I'm dabbling with D2 again after a couple of years away. I still have a backup of most of my characters and GoMule stashes, but I think I might start over on a new project.

Here's my idea: embark on a cube grail quest. To be specific: starting from scratch, I would like to witness, at least once, each and every Horadric Cube transmutation. Looking at the cube recipes at The Arreat Summit, I count 36 crafted item recipes, 32 rune recipes, 45 recipes for other items, and the cow level portal recipe. I think the only recipes not listed there are token of absolution and a couple of quest recipes, so I'll add those to the count -- that totals 117 different recipes.

Of course, this is kind of an arbitrary way to count these. Examples:
  • the Savage Polearm recipe could produce any of ten different polearm-class weapons, so perhaps a more ambitious cube grail quester would seek to create at least one of each.
  • the gem improvement recipe is actually 28 different recipes (4 gem qualities of 7 gem colors), but I expect I will use those recipes many times over to get enough perfect gems and skulls to put into other recipes.
  • the crafting recipes may produce distinct regular, exceptional, and elite versions of each crafted item.
But for now I think I'll get started with trying to accomplish 117 recipes. Is this a novel idea, or has this sort of "grail" variant already been proposed by a fellow creative SPF participant? Are there any recipes I have missed? Would anyone else like to do a cube grail quest, and if so, would you like me to produce a shared checklist and start a progress thread, where we can engage in friendly competition?

I have never seen a single Stone of Jordan ring, so I think those recipes, and the token of absolution, will be the most difficult ones to achieve.

Reactions: PhineasB
WB

Some of those rune upgrade recipies would truly burn my soul to consider... like 2xIst+gem > Gul... 2xLo+gem > Sur... even the 2xJah+gem > Cham would rankle...

But good stuff! That's a nice grail challenge that I can honestly say I wouldn't ever attempt. Good luck! 😜

Reactions: Babyhell
I'm dabbling with D2 again after a couple of years away. I still have a backup of most of my characters and GoMule stashes, but I think I might start over on a new project.

Here's my idea: embark on a cube grail quest. To be specific: starting from scratch, I would like to witness, at least once, each and every Horadric Cube transmutation. Looking at the cube recipes at The Arreat Summit, I count 36 crafted item recipes, 32 rune recipes, 45 recipes for other items, and the cow level portal recipe. I think the only recipes not listed there are token of absolution and a couple of quest recipes, so I'll add those to the count -- that totals 117 different recipes.

Of course, this is kind of an arbitrary way to count these. Examples:
  • the Savage Polearm recipe could produce any of ten different polearm-class weapons, so perhaps a more ambitious cube grail quester would seek to create at least one of each.
  • the gem improvement recipe is actually 28 different recipes (4 gem qualities of 7 gem colors), but I expect I will use those recipes many times over to get enough perfect gems and skulls to put into other recipes.
  • the crafting recipes may produce distinct regular, exceptional, and elite versions of each crafted item.
But for now I think I'll get started with trying to accomplish 117 recipes. Is this a novel idea, or has this sort of "grail" variant already been proposed by a fellow creative SPF participant? Are there any recipes I have missed? Would anyone else like to do a cube grail quest, and if so, would you like me to produce a shared checklist and start a progress thread, where we can engage in friendly competition?

I have never seen a single Stone of Jordan ring, so I think those recipes, and the token of absolution, will be the most difficult ones to achieve.
As stated by @zemaj there are harder things to consider than SoJ craft - a long as you are opened to trading I guess. Shouldn't be an issue too if you decide to go Hell Travincal for materials, and if that's the very little thing lacking well... bugged Andy NM (get ready to find huge numbers of Nagelrings and Manald)/Hell are the places to run.

Anyway, I guess it can be a dedicated grailing with its own thread, if you feel so. Maybe it should be nice addition to separate the achievements in two categories, one for global success and another for sacrificial crafts (SoJ, @zemaj's examples)?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High