Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

@D2DC A fair amount of wikis imply he was semi-popular for that reason at some point, but he's never one that comes to mind personally. I guess when I think of a similar situation my mind always goes to Eldritch, for example, although obviously that's not relevant for low levels. Maybe it's just the level range he's in (relative to his Act) that I'd never think of him as a target. If it's super early game I'm trying to get into the low teens to put on gear I'm doing Rakanishu. I know a fair amount of people like to /p8 their way through normal/nightmare untwinked or not, I'm more of the grind one location type and cruise on /p1 for the rest myself.

Currently my usual "leveling route" is I full clear Blood Moor on /p8 which gets me to 5 (this is more about nostalgia than efficiency), then I switch to /p1, kill Rakanishu on /pX until 12-14ish, then I'm back to /p1 for the rest of the playthrough. The only issue I've found is that sometimes I'm at the awkward 23-24 range just before getting into Act 5, which you really want to be 25 to get past those hefty experience penalties to transition to Eldritch->Pindle. This means sometimes I have to go back and kill some extra mobs in Arcane Sanctuary, Tombs or City of the Damned or some such just to bump myself up a bit. I've been pondering what's the best extra step to add to my usual process that still allows me to do the start/stop of player settings that I prefer. While I don't know if it's ideal, maybe blasting Bone Ash for a level isn't actually unreasonable an option to test some time.

@Arctodus I also initially misunderstood what you said and thought you were talking about walking around with just white items. Which now makes me think it's weird that Normal Quality and Normal (White Text) have the same designation. Why weren't white items called Mundane for example? That's a pretty common distinction in pen and papers when talking about non-magical items. I'm sure something like Basic (Quality) or Regular (Text) could have been fine, but ultimately neither come up in the same topic to make the distinction important I guess.

Tangent aside, I would think @D2DC would be pretty well informed about that, since you're doing all the Normal Sets right? I know you're then supplementing that character with any items in other slots, so presumably you could gauge just how feasible/miserable they would be without the counterbalance. I really like the notion of upping bases, but I'm always disappointed in how expensive it is to do relative to the upside, and that set items can't benefit from it.

It's been a while since I've played without RWM but I thought cubing up runes was possible regardless of RWM in single player, no? So depending on patience you could get higher up on runes, although I'm not sure what items one would be building towards reasonably.

Anyone who was a fairly item independent build could do fine I'd think, but that goes without saying. While I couldn't speak to the efficacy or fun of that sort of challenge, it does bring back memories of my early days of D2, where my friends and I would be in Hell still bafflingly rocking the Full Sigon's since we didn't know anything about gearing. As an aside, I do have a once up'd, shael'd Bone Snap that gets taken out on occasion for some characters, but I'm not sure if I ever took them to Hell with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arctodus and D2DC
Yea, Ive done a lot of item restricted builds. Especially if youre allowing upgrading, it shouldnt be too much of a problem. There are skills/builds that you can play that basically allow you to carry whatever items you want through the game.

Edit: you guys just gave me an idea.. ;)

Obviously, it would have to be hardcore, otherwise, it would just be long, not really hard. And it would also be much harder for melee builds, but that's true for D2 in general, so yeah. Anyway, I'll see if I ever try to do such thing. I envision a Holy Freeze paladin with Twitchtroe, Rixot Keen (or Strength), Sigon shield, GoblinToe, etc. Could be fun. We'll see.

@Babyhell Yup, Lore would be out of the question, Sol is too high of a rune.

Been playing some Untwinked HC Co-op with a friend of mine, which has been a fun change of pace from all the solo gameplay. We're playing on TCP/IP (via Hamachi) as well rather than Battle.net this time around, although I haven't put the players command to much use yet. He always goes Summoning Necro which is usually pretty easy to play off of. We've paired that with FanaZealot one too many times though so I decided to go for something a little less common with a Throwing Barb. It was a callback to one of our early Co-op playthroughs we did together which were dual barbs. I played a Thrower in that as well-- only thing was we were playing in Classic at the time (something I'm much less familiar with) and realized embarrassingly late that there are no magic throwing weapons in D2 Classic, woops. Not sure how we got as far as we did, given that fact.

Been mulling over what Merc Auras we'll want once we get through to Nightmare. Might is a no brainer, but then I'm less convinced on the second option. I was considering Blessed Aim just for myself, but Throwers seem like they can get a lot of +AR if they want to. We could go Defiance, but I'm not certain how helpful defense is on summoned skeletons. Holy Freeze has some negative impact on Corpse Explosion, although arguably it's still worth the tradeoff. Could go for the Insight Prayer Merc I suppose, hmm..

We just hit Act 4 yesterday, I'm still mostly just Double Swinging and throwing at dangerous monsters. Always interesting trying to gear untwinked barbs, particularly given that I can't even rely on Runeword Weapons for my throwing weapons, although I do have a Steel on switch. I've now realized you could make Blood Throwing Axes, maybe that'll give me the excuse to try out crafting more than I usually do.

Act I with Harmony. She'll have a great time with all those skeletons tanking ;P

I just have a question about the assassin. I started out with a trapsin, still getting the hang of killing lightning immunes. The build I use maxes Death Sentry, Lightning Sentry, Charged Bolt & shock web. With points in Burst of speed, shadow warrior and 1 in cloak of shadows. None though in mind blast. The builds has low resists, and gets what it does from Silence (rune word), and what you can on a 10% FCR ring with resists.

I made a martial arts character but haven't found a build yet. Was looking at elemental builds, kicksins, hybrids with traps, and 1 or 2 others. Guess my question is, what is a fun and effective Martial arts build and is it better anyway to just do a hybrid? Thanks

(@D2DC , if your the guy I traded with before, I do have more perfect gems)

Last edited:
@McGruber08 I would go fade with 2x shopped +3 Trap Blade Talons or Greater Talons.

Thanks. With all the extra home time I've got 4 more characters Hell ready. The only one having a bit of trouble is my Trapsin. One mentioned just above, I don't use any melee with her and having trouble with lightning immunes. All I can do is Death Sentry and my merc cause shadow warrior has been barely a distraction. What do you do with a trapsin when you walk into a room and your attacked fast by two types of lightning immunes monsters?

Max fire blast instead of charged bolt sentry. It's decent damage after all the synergy and +skills.

Been carrying on with our Co-op adventures, we're now at the end of Act 3 Nightmare. So far just using Blessed Aim and Might Mercs. We did a couple of Baal Runs at the end of normal but otherwise just kept chugging along.

I feel we've been pretty fortunate with item drops. I'm wearing Goldskin and Face of Horror for some nice all resists, and have Steel and Strength on my switch for meleeing. He's got a +1 Necro Ammy, and upgraded his wand to +2 Necro/+1 Revive, which was some nice prereq dodging efficiency, and is using Ancient's Pledge to hold up his resists until we find a good zombie head to Rhyme. Our Mercs are even using Battlebranch and Hwanin's for some respectable damage.

My core resists are all maxed out (five points in Natural Resist helps a lot) and with now maxed Battle Orders I've been feeling pretty safe, even if I'm relying on the Necro to do the bulk of the damage. I should probably be throwing more but I've been hesitant out of laziness to avoid too much repairing. I can finally start focusing on my offensive skills again though so we'll see how much that improves things.

We haven't had much in the way of NDEs, we'll see if that changes going into the later acts.

I'm mostly doing AT, MEPH and Andy. Recently been doing Pindleskin and Pit runs. I'm having trouble finding any elite unique armor, other than Gladiator's Bane.

Where do you guys usually find yours? Baal or something?

I'm mostly doing AT, MEPH and Andy. Recently been doing Pindleskin and Pit runs. I'm having trouble finding any elite unique armor, other than Gladiator's Bane.

Where do you guys usually find yours? Baal or something?
Targets seem good to me...how many MF do you carry?

Targets seem good to me...how many MF do you carry?

455 MF. ( Oculus, Skullers w/topaz, shako, (2) Nagel 30 MF + 28 MF, Chance Gaurds 39 MF, War Travellers 47%, and Gold Wrap. With a Gheed's 37 MF and some small charms).

One other question I keep meaning to ask is about players settings on single player. Once I set Hell mode to players 7-8 and go to Nightmare mode and say that's on setting 5. If I leave there and make a game in hell mode again is that setting still on P8? It seems to be, judging on difficulty to kill monsters. And if I exit out of Diablo 2 entirely or shut down, the game remembers the settings? Cause initially, couple months ago, I was re-entering the info every game.

Thanks again

One other question I keep meaning to ask is about players settings on single player. Once I set Hell mode to players 7-8 and go to Nightmare mode and say that's on setting 5. If I leave there and make a game in hell mode again is that setting still on P8? It seems to be, judging on difficulty to kill monsters. And if I exit out of Diablo 2 entirely or shut down, the game remembers the settings? Cause initially, couple months ago, I was re-entering the info every game.

Thanks again
/Players setting persists until you change it OR exit Diablo application entirely. No need to enter the info in every game separately if don't close the application in between. Changing difficulty has no effect on it either.

Edit: that means the game does not store individual setting for every difficulty. Just one universal setting per gaming session until you change it or close D2.

You know what grinds my gears? The fact we don't have a set or unique Archon Plate. Such a waste!

I missed opportunity for sure. I think some of the elite unique armors were as well. We got a few good ones but never understood why some mid game armors had damage reduction in percentages when elite ones just said damage reduced by '8 or 10'. I'm like DUDE, these monsters are doings hundreds of damage, 8 points ain't helpin' me none!

Yo guys, transfered some stuff to 1.14 and started. Guess not doing so was just lacieness! Nevertheless........ I´m using version 1.13d. When my runes are orange in inventory RuneColour and therefor RLadder only Runewords should be installed, isn´t it?

€: Guess it´s not! Inbefore my first spirit will be RalThulOrtAmn! :wall:

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High