1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

does CE scale with higher players?
Sadly, no, that was changed in 1.03 (according to the patch notes). Which is why I said p1. I did test it, in case it was buggy, alas, that's not the case (unlike the explosions from Stygian Dolls, which do scale with player number in 1.07).

Trying to get 1.07 up and running but I am having compatibility issues (running Win 10).

Tried running compatibility as Windows 95, with 640x480 resolution and administrator checked but no dice.

As an aside, the shortcut for 1.14 was also overwritten and I cannot launch the later version either at the moment. The two versions are on separate hard drives but I clearly have a conflict between the two.

Can anyone direct me to a solution?

Now I'm ready to continue this 1.07 project. I won't re-post shots of items that I've posted earlier but I'll mention them.

Stormrider:
01_Stormrider.jpg
Todesfaelle Flamme:
02_Todesfaelle_Flamme.jpg
Coldsteel Eye:
03_Coldsteel_Eye.jpg

Code:
Stormrider
Tabar
Two-Hand Damage: 48 to 154
Durability: 25 of 40
Required Strength: 101
Required Level: 41
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x2611fd33
+100% Enhanced Damage
+35 to Minimum Damage
+75 to Maximum Damage
Adds 35-75 lightning damage
4% Chance to cast Level 10 Chain Lightning on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 31 Charged Bolt on striking

Todesfaelle Flamme
Zweihander
One-Hand Damage: 41 to 77
Two-Hand Damage: 63 to 118
Durability: 26 of 50
Required Dexterity: 94
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 46
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7e7810d5
+120% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +40%
Adds 50-100 fire damage
+10 Fire Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 4 Fire Bolt on attack
2% Chance to cast Level 8 Enchant on attack

Coldsteel Eye
Cutlass
One-Hand Damage: 24 to 63
Durability: 20 of 37
Required Dexterity: 52
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 31
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x6b989625
+200% Enhanced Damage
Increase Maximum Durability 70%
Hit Blinds Target +0
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slows Target by 30%

Code:
Darksight Helm
Basinet
Defense: 79
Durability: 28 of 30
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0x4b634c16
5% Mana stolen per hit
-4 to Light Radius
Cannot Be Frozen
2% Chance to cast Level 5 Dim Vision when struck
+2 to Defense (2 per Character Level)

m4ke

It has happened to me, once. I have no screenshot (because I never remember making screenshots), but I once had Duriel drop Shaftstop and Lava Gout. It's been a while (it was early in my 1.07 experience, I didn't even have full 550+ MF, so one of the drops was rare, don't remember what it was), and I don't really remember doing anything special. It was one of (the?) my first Duriel runs, and I think I had just rolled the map.

Reactions: art_vandelay
Has anything like this ever happened to you again?
I have not done any boss running since then! However it should be easy to reproduce...The runs I was doing then were 8player duriel in order to 1-shot him due to the HP bug.

Very interesting indeed.

The TC-bug is caused by the erroneous data in the field TreasureClass3 for all act-bosses (plus Griswold/Hephasto and Council Members). Only TreasureClass1 properly points to NM/H TC's for act bosses; but that field is never used. TC2 is the tc used when the monster is a champion and TC3 is used when the monster is an unique/superunique one. In later patches there is also a TC4 field, which is used on quest drops but no such thing exists in 1.07.

So somehow, Duriel was considered a normal monster, not an unique one.

Duriel Hell TC drops discovered!
Or: I'm going to pursue a career as a dubstep producer, because I have discovered how to get the very best drops!

After the post @art_vandelay linked above presented evidence that the "freak drop" from Duriel that (as mentioned) had happened to me once might be replicable, I did some testing. After some failed attempts trying to imitate what I might have done back then, I had an idea, and tried something slightly new while doing Baal runs (visiting Duriel before Baal, and then killing him after killing Baal). Suddenly, this happened:
Screenshot026.jpg
Two exceptional uniques, one of which isn't even obtainable from Baal!
I (at first) carefully imitated what I had done (which included killing Andy first), and got these:
Screenshot027.jpg
Screenshot028.jpg
Nothing that I haven't gotten dozens of from Baal, but still stuff Duriel should not drop!

After some testing on which steps are actually necessary (most of them weren't), here's how I found to replicate it:

1. Go to Duriel. Don't kill him! (You can static/damage him, the HP is saved.)
2. TP out of his room.
3. WP to Canyon of the Magi and open a TP (don't need to go through it).
4. Go back to Duriel and kill him.

What I presume happens is that when Duriel's room gets saved for being an inactive area, and then gets loaded again, Duriel is loaded somewhat differently. It doesn't actually matter where the TP is made, only that the TP in Duriel's room is removed, in order to make the game turn the area inactive. No waiting is required. Bosses drop from their normal TCs because on higher difficulties, the respective TC for that difficulty is only written in the normal monster column, whereas the champion and unique columns have the normal TC written in (bosses use their uniques TC entry). Maybe Duriel gets reloaded as a normal monster rather than a unique? In any case, he now drops stuff not found on his normal TC.

Duriel seems to be the only boss where this works. The TC used is presumably his regular hell TC (it makes sense, and my observation matches this), which goes up to base item level 60, and thereby includes most of the exceptional unique items (and Wizardspike as the sole elite unique item). It includes all of the unrackable unique weapons (apart from Stormspire, Eaglehorn, and Windforce, which remain unobtainable).
As to be expected (cf. the topic last page), the item distribution is heavily focused on weapon/armor TCs 51, 48, and especially 36, 33, and 30, with TCs 60 and 42 being very rare. For comparison, Baal maxes out at weapon/armor TC 39.

There's still a chance for a drop of only low level items (or nothing but gold, scrolls, and pots...), but this method works 100% reliably.

After some testing on which steps are actually necessary (most of them weren't), here's how I found to replicate it:

1. Go to Duriel. Don't kill him! (You can static/damage him, the HP is saved.)
2. TP out of his room.
3. WP to Canyon of the Magi and open a TP (don't need to go through it).
4. Go back to Duriel and kill him.

What I presume happens is that when Duriel's room gets saved for being an inactive area, and then gets loaded again, Duriel is loaded somewhat differently. It doesn't actually matter where the TP is made, only that the TP in Duriel's room is removed, in order to make the game turn the area inactive. No waiting is required. Bosses drop from their normal TCs because on higher difficulties, the respective TC for that difficulty is only written in the normal monster column, whereas the champion and unique columns have the normal TC written in (bosses use their uniques TC entry). Maybe Duriel gets reloaded as a normal monster rather than a unique? In any case, he now drops stuff not found on his normal TC.

Duriel seems to be the only boss where this works. The TC used is presumably his regular hell TC (it makes sense, and my observation matches this), which goes up to base item level 60, and thereby includes most of the exceptional unique items (and Wizardspike as the sole elite unique item). It includes all of the unrackable unique weapons (apart from Stormspire, Eaglehorn, and Windforce, which remain unobtainable).
As to be expected (cf. the topic last page), the item distribution is heavily focused on weapon/armor TCs 51, 48, and especially 36, 33, and 30, with TCs 60 and 42 being very rare. For comparison, Baal maxes out at weapon/armor TC 39.

Thanks so very much for this! I think this is only the tip of the iceberg though because I don't think @ziambe did this when running Duriel. So there is a good chance you can achieve this in a different way.

I have been talking about this with @Fruit over the weekend and he has been debugging the drop/quest code for Duriel and didn't find anything suspicious that would explain these drops. Now thanks to your discovery he has an actual attack point and hopefully can find other ways to get this drop! :eek:

The potential for this is huge, no more racking Skullder's and Valk Wing. And Duriel can also produce a ton of grail items "for free" compared to the the painstacking racking one would have otherwise have to do for them.

1.07 never ceases to deliver :D

Have you tried the following:
1. Activate Duriel
2. teleport away from him to the huge chamber and TP out, get back in.
3. Kill Duriel
I think that might be far away for Duriel to become inactive :unsure:

Thanks for this! Just cheesed Skullders =) I think I might do few more Duriel runs..

m4ke

Edit: This is cheesy indeed. 5 runs and 2 grailers (regained Hellmouth and Magewrath after deletion)

Last edited:
Reactions: ziambe
Indeed very interesting @Derklord @art_vandelay ! Unfortunately i cannot remembed if I used a merc or not...

I doubt i ever did a run following the steps you described (especially anything involving baal), however I suppose there is a chance something like the following happened:
  • I died in duriel's chamber
  • I ran back and opened a tp in his chamber
  • I died again
  • I ran back and opened a tp at the staff orifice
I think that would produce a similar effect to what you describe. The problem is is that i was using the /p8 hp bug....so i dont think i wouldve died very often - if ever. In fact, if I did use a merc he wouldve probably one shot duri upon zoning in...

I can recall occasionally having a /p7 run because i missed a char accidently and so that could certainly have led to the steps above

Also it sounds like the whole tp aspect of this process touches on the town portal presence 'bug' discussed a few years back (especially popular for more drops in cs). It probably doesnt matter where you open the new tp at all as long as its not in duri's chamber.

I'll post my last racking shots for now before New Duriel gives me these.

Spirit Forge:
01_Spirit_Forge.jpg
Blackbog's Sharp:
02_Blackbog's_Sharp.jpg

Code:
Spirit Forge
Linked Mail
Defense: 380
Durability: 22 of 26
Required Strength: 74
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x5c58cddb
+15 to Strength
+120% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +5%
Adds 5-10 fire damage
+4 to Light Radius
+1 to Life (1.25 per Character Level)
Socketed (2: 0 used)

Blackbog's Sharp
Cinquedeas
One-Hand Damage: 30 to 76
Durability: 14 of 24
Required Dexterity: 88
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 38
Dagger Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x4ada5bbc
+15 to Minimum Damage
+45 to Maximum Damage
+50 Defense
30% Increased Attack Speed
Slows Target by 50%

m4ke

Thanks so very much for this! I think this is only the tip of the iceberg though because I don't think @ziambe did this when running Duriel. So there is a good chance you can achieve this in a different way.
My theory is that ziambe and I died in that chamber on our respective runs, and that this is how the area got turned inactive.
Have you tried the following:
1. Activate Duriel
2. teleport away from him to the huge chamber and TP out, get back in.
3. Kill Duriel
I think that might be far away for Duriel to become inactive :unsure:
Pff, if I wanted to try everything myself, I wouldn't have needed to post it! 😝 Based on what I've read regarding bone wall farming in 1.00, my understanding is that it's the entire area that gets turned inactive (not individual creatures), and that a blue portal prevents that, regardless of where on the map it is.
On my current map (that was rolled for efficient Baal runs, and not optimized for Duriel!), the time lost between portalling out of and re-entering Duriel's room is ~16 seconds. With a better map, this would be even less. I don't think your method would save time even if it worked.
Also it sounds like the whole tp aspect of this process touches on the town portal presence 'bug' discussed a few years back (especially popular for more drops in cs). It probably doesnt matter where you open the new tp at all as long as its not in duri's chamber.
I'm not familiar with what you're talking about. In any case, I don't think the TP itself has anything to do with Duriel's drops, it's just the only way to exit the area (apart from dying). The second TP is just to close the first one, because areas with an active TP don't get turned inactive.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High