1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Is this method using different MF breakpoints? Also what are items this can potentially drop? Got myself a Vamp Gaze so it's interesting but probably not good long term plan for HC characters...

Is this method using different MF breakpoints? Also what are items this can potentially drop? Got myself a Vamp Gaze so it's interesting but probably not good long term plan for HC characters...
Same MF breakpoints apply but it's not 100% clear yet which TC he drops from. Since Wizardspike dropped on the previous page it's very likely he drops from his Hell TC (the one he was supposed to drop from originally) which goes up to qlvl 60 which covers all exceptional items (and of course normal items) except for Chaos Armor and Ornate Plate.

The only elite unique that this TC can produce is Wizardspike and the only elite set is M'avina's True Sight, everything else has too high of a base qlvl.

Not 100% clear, that would require looking at the code (*cough* that's @Fruit 's job! *cough*) but I'm very certain regardlessly - I've been doing Duriel runs for a week now, and I took a pretty close eye at what dropped. The drop distribution matches that of a hell HC, I've had multiple drops from the weap60 and armo60 groups (including a Wizzy and two Que-Hegans), and I'm rather sure I've not seen anything with a base item level above 60 drop.
In my signature is a link to a "grail sheet", with base item levels for uniques included, if you make a copy or download my grail sheet, you can filter the items for base level <61. Alternatively, ATMA's drop calculator in an unfixed (!) version of the program should be accurate.

With Energy Shield and a Harle (or two, you'll want one on the merc, too), Duriel should be all but risk-free to run on HC. I play without Energy Shield, and only died twice in ~400 runs, both times due to easily avoidable recklessness. Just remember to always have full health before entering Duriel's chamber, and to TP out immediately when your merc dies.
What I usually do is enter the room, move back a bit as to not get hit by Holy Fridge (if Duriel decides to pursue me, I TP out immediately), static Duriel until either he's below 10% health or my merc gets into orange health territory, and then TP out. In town I speak to Fara while on the way to the WP. That way, when I re-enter the room, my merc usually survives without help long enough to kill Duriel, and I'm not usually attacked beyond sometimes a charge (a crit of which I survive due to Harle).

erm boys...we already cheesing, why not mp 8 players for insta-kill :D
The extra players only give better drops if they are in the same area though, so kinda pointless :p

Reactions: d2lover
erm boys...we already cheesing, why not mp 8 players for insta-kill :D
Because it makes the runs take significantly longer. By the time you've entered the game with the other chars, found the Summoner, and then found the orifice chamber in Tal's Tomb, I've probably done five runs!

Not 100% clear, that would require looking at the code (*cough* that's @Fruit 's job! *cough*) but I'm very certain regardlessly - I've been doing Duriel runs for a week now, and I took a pretty close eye at what dropped. The drop distribution matches that of a hell HC, I've had multiple drops from the weap60 and armo60 groups (including a Wizzy and two Que-Hegans), and I'm rather sure I've not seen anything with a base item level above 60 drop.
Ok, @Fruit came through for us :D
  • The TC that is used if he is bugged is "Duriel (H)" as suspected.
  • Duriel has a flag "unique_monster" set to 1 by default which makes him use the third Hell TC column in monstats.txt, i.e. his garbage normal TC "Duriel".
  • If you manage to make the game unload the segment he is on, this flag will be 0 when you return, so he uses the first Hell TC column in monstats.txt which is his proper Hell TC "Duriel (H)".
  • Mephisto properly stores this value, so no bugging him.
  • You can unload the segment without a TP, it is enough to teleport into the back area of Duriel's lair and return.
On the last thing @Fruit didn't say yet how far exactly this is. What is important though is that Duriel doesn't follow you all the way. That makes sorceress uniquely suited to do this.

Being lazy paid off once more 🤪

In my signature is a link to a "grail sheet", with base item levels for uniques included, if you make a copy or download my grail sheet, you can filter the items for base level <61. Alternatively, ATMA's drop calculator in an unfixed (!) version of the program should be accurate.
On the topic of the grail sheet, are you going to update it with the new info on Duriel? He should be best target for a lot of stuff now.
I can then add it to the SPF Community Links thread in the time travel links if you want.

Reactions: Kinkara
When you get a drop like this:
01_Plate1.jpg

Unique and Rare Plate Mail. I checked it and the Rare one is a failed unique:
02_plate2.jpg

What makes this one to fail?

m4ke

Mephisto properly stores this value, so no bugging him.
What about the other bosses, especially Baal? Also, I think its un-bugging!
On the topic of the grail sheet, are you going to update it with the new info on Duriel? He should be best target for a lot of stuff now.
Yes, I plan to do that. I'll have to rework the column a bit, though - it's probably most efficient to run Duriel a lot, but for many items, other source (Baal, rack) have a better chance for many an individual item.
On the last thing @Fruit didn't say yet how far exactly this is. What is important though is that Duriel doesn't follow you all the way. That makes sorceress uniquely suited to do this.
It's totally doable with just running (Duriel sticks to the merc, which gets teleported at a certain distance), but Sorc's quicker, especially for getting the merc back into the room. Plus, unless you can get enough MF to not need the merc to last-hit, Static Field rules surpreme.
Edit: Hm, it doesn't seem to be reliable...

What makes this one to fail?
You do know what the word "unique" mean, right? The item rarity is named thus because you can't have more than one drop in any given game. Any subsequent drops that roll the same unique produce a failed unique rare item, instead.

Last edited:
You do know what the word "unique" mean, right? The item rarity is named thus because you can't have more than one drop in any given game. Any subsequent drops that roll the same unique produce a failed unique rare item, instead.
Yes, ofc. I wasn't thinking clearly =)

01_BKWB.png
Mara's to complete jewelry Grail. And I had that already but it was gone in my accident.

m4ke

Reactions: ziambe
Game.exe Screenshot 2021.08.08 - 16.16.54.85.png
Will this have a chance for 2s if i forward it to 1.10? I have been farming NM Lk and mephisto. I want to get to 63 FCR, also to get some EXP. I have gotten a pair of magefists., so I am on my way there. I feel like this skill + everlasting is quite uncommon, I only got one 3 defensive, 23 DR in 1.14, but I feel like this circlet would be really nice for some nihlatak farming. I have a rack for winged helmets in LK, that is quite stable. In durance 3, I got a rack that sometimes drops Battle boots under the condition that I perform an arcane OCD teleportation ritual,. It always work as long as the moon is at its zenith, and the orbital pull of Jupiter is low, and sometimes I do exactly the same thing, and instead of battle boots I get battle gauntlets. I also wanted a pair of aldurs boots. I just didnt realize that they dont have ANY fire resistance in 1.07. Bummer.

Game.exe Screenshot 2021.08.08 - 03.40.03.90.png
I got this as well. I have sever mana isuses if i dont use my bahomot helmet though... I got a few bahomot rings, but I need to keep 40 fcr..

Reactions: Swamigoon and D2DC
Ok, @Fruit came through for us :D
  • The TC that is used if he is bugged is "Duriel (H)" as suspected.
  • Duriel has a flag "unique_monster" set to 1 by default which makes him use the third Hell TC column in monstats.txt, i.e. his garbage normal TC "Duriel".
  • If you manage to make the game unload the segment he is on, this flag will be 0 when you return, so he uses the first Hell TC column in monstats.txt which is his proper Hell TC "Duriel (H)".
  • Mephisto properly stores this value, so no bugging him.
  • You can unload the segment without a TP, it is enough to teleport into the back area of Duriel's lair and return.

Being lazy paid off once more 🤪

I can then add it to the SPF Community Links thread in the time travel links if you want.
uhh what does unload the segment mean? The room? The act?

BTW I got a random email about this thread today so I decided to check it. Also my internet connection is bad at my new apartment so I might be returning to D2 in my off-time, considering I'm also too broke for new games. The last thing I was doing was probably 1.07, anyway.

Reactions: D2DC
I have sever mana isuses if i dont use my bahomot helmet though...
How can you have mana issues with Purple Buy Bug in 1.07?

I also recommend that you go on to Hell LK. There you can rack any rackable items in the game but IK Body (available in UK) and Stone Crusher (available at least in HoP =) And you can rack Wizarspike there too (50FCR).

m4ke

How can you have mana issues with Purple Buy Bug in 1.07?

I also recommend that you go on to Hell LK. There you can rack any rackable items in the game but IK Body (available in UK) and Stone Crusher (available at least in HoP =) And you can rack Wizarspike there too (50FCR).

m4ke
130 mana just means spamming pots a lot with teleport, tk, fo and static.

Also a stupid thing happened. I got at tripple drop of field plates. I didnt even notice it before i identified the rock fleece... Then I looked at the durability of both of the field plates... and for a moment I thought that the durability was all trippled.. then remembered that the normal durability is 48. So not 2 failed rock fleece armours which would have been way cooler.

Game.exe Screenshot 2021.08.09 - 02.35.22.51.pngGame.exe Screenshot 2021.08.09 - 02.35.40.54.png

Game.exe Screenshot 2021.08.09 - 02.35.41.25.png

Attachments

• Game.exe Screenshot 2021.08.09 - 02.35.22.51.png
    Game.exe Screenshot 2021.08.09 - 02.35.22.51.png
    579.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have been farming NM Lk and mephisto. I want to get to 63 FCR, also to get some EXP.
Those aren't good for XP - the by far best xp area is cow level (at least for a Zon or Sorc). What's your level?
In 1.07, an Orb Sorc doesn't need +skills, as your main damage skill is Static Field. You shouldn't have much trouble getting 63 FC (and +mana) when you focus on that for weapon, circlet, and amulet.
I have a rack for winged helmets in LK, that is quite stable. In durance 3, I got a rack that sometimes drops Battle boots under the condition that I perform an arcane OCD teleportation ritual,. It always work as long as the moon is at its zenith, and the orbital pull of Jupiter is low, and sometimes I do exactly the same thing, and instead of battle boots I get battle gauntlets. I also wanted a pair of aldurs boots. I just didnt realize that they dont have ANY fire resistance in 1.07. Bummer.
Racking an item takes a lot of time - I wouldn't waste my time on racks that aren't >95% stable. I also wouldn't waste my time on anything that takes more than 10 seconds to get to from the WP. When racking, I don't even check the whole map in the Kurast areas, just the immediate vicinity. If there's no racks there, I immediately reroll. The target average run time for me is under 15 seconds.
As per my discovery a couple weeks ago (see my post last page), Valkyrie Wing can be farmed from Duriel hell, so racking for it is probably a very inefficient use of time, anyway. When MF capped, Valkyrie Wing has a 1:146 chance to drop from Duriel (compared to 1:999 chance to drop from a rack), with a good map, you can do one Duriel run for three rack runs, while getting a lot of other items along the way. I would focus on MF items, and do Duriel runs. Doing some 1.00 helps a lot, there.

By the way, a failed unique ist a triple durability rare. A failed set item produces a magic item, at double durability.

uhh what does unload the segment mean? The room? The act?
Part of the map, which in this case means getting to somewhere in the main chamber (where Tyrael is when you kill Duriel the first time). How far exactly probably depends on how far Duriel follows you, I presume.
To be honest, I still use my double-TP-method. I'm bad at teleporting in Duriel's map, and the method doesn't seem to be 100% reliable, and so for me the double-TP-method is less of a hassle and just as fast.

Reactions: D2DC
Those aren't good for XP - the by far best xp area is cow level (at least for a Zon or Sorc). What's your level?
In 1.07, an Orb Sorc doesn't need +skills, as your main damage skill is Static Field. You shouldn't have much trouble getting 63 FC (and +mana) when you focus on that for weapon, circlet, and amulet.

Racking an item takes a lot of time - I wouldn't waste my time on racks that aren't >95% stable. I also wouldn't waste my time on anything that takes more than 10 seconds to get to from the WP. When racking, I don't even check the whole map in the Kurast areas, just the immediate vicinity. If there's no racks there, I immediately reroll. The target average run time for me is under 15 seconds.
As per my discovery a couple weeks ago (see my post last page), Valkyrie Wing can be farmed from Duriel hell, so racking for it is probably a very inefficient use of time, anyway. When MF capped, Valkyrie Wing has a 1:146 chance to drop from Duriel (compared to 1:999 chance to drop from a rack), with a good map, you can do one Duriel run for three rack runs, while getting a lot of other items along the way. I would focus on MF items, and do Duriel runs. Doing some 1.00 helps a lot, there.

By the way, a failed unique ist a triple durability rare. A failed set item produces a magic item, at double durability.

Part of the map, which in this case means getting to somewhere in the main chamber (where Tyrael is when you kill Duriel the first time). How far exactly probably depends on how far Duriel follows you, I presume.
To be honest, I still use my double-TP-method. I'm bad at teleporting in Duriel's map, and the method doesn't seem to be 100% reliable, and so for me the double-TP-method is less of a hassle and just as fast.
Sorry, I'm still a little confused. You can't access that area until Duriel is dead, I thought?

Is there a video or something if you can indeed break the bounds?

Sorry, I'm still a little confused. You can't access that area until Duriel is dead, I thought?

Is there a video or something if you can indeed break the bounds?
If you've killed Duriel before on that difficulty, the door of his room leading into the main chamber is open even before you kill Duriel in that game.
You could've just tried it, you know. ^^

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High