1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Well, I never knew that was possible. Is that 1.07 only?
Nope, it's the same across all patches. I didn't know the door was open either until I looked at it in response to art_vandelay's post last page. Not actually surprising, as there was never before a reason to leave the room when farming Duriel.

Game.exe Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 03.18.41.33.png
Game.exe Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 03.04.20.94.pngGame.exe Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 02.02.14.22.pngGame.exe Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 02.02.12.62.pngGame.exe Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 00.26.17.72.png

Some decent items again. Pretty sweet tri res helmet, at least for me and a good amulet... I picked up a Tal Rasha guaridanship from 5 runs from an unstable rack for when I was farming for the gris weapon. Now the only gris piece i am missing is the armour. The Crow Craw I got randomly from a rack, eth + unique in 1, and is currently being used on my barb merc. I decided to try out socketing from larzuk since i will rush up some characters anyways. Currently I am farming LK, I to want to pick up another tal guaridanship so i can maybe forward it to other patches, and also get a bunch of flawless topazes for some perfect topazes. Then I will try to get a decent weapon for my barb merc... I think I might actually try to get a tal armour for my merc to fix his resistances.

Prefix 824 Lacquered Plate of the Whale
Defense: 1040
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Strength: 208
Required Level: 76
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x26466aac
+100 to Life
+92% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (3: 0 used)

Last edited:
I'm Back. I decided to rack two last rackable grailers because Duriel was toooo slow with them.

Bloodtree Stump:
01_Bloodtree_Stump.jpg
Bing Sz Wang:
02_Bing_Sz_Wang.jpg

Code:
Bloodtree Stump
War Club
Two-Hand Damage: 151 to 222
Durability: 59 of 60
Required Strength: 124
Required Level: 48
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x2f4872fb
+10 to Strength
+185% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +20
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
40% Extra Bloody
02_Bing_Specs.jpg

I got also Mara's so now Jewelry is done.
03_Mara's.png

m4ke

@m4ke careful with that sword...i think it has hit freezes target and so will make atma explode!

Is there a list of alvl for 1.07 somewhere? I'm specifically interested in halls of the dead, stony tomb, tal rasha's tomb, flayer jungle, great marsh, chaos sanctuary, most of act 5.

I'm interested to see if I can try some farming by killing high monster density without having to go to cows.

Does damage from min/max damage charms correctly apply to bows in 1.07?

Is there a list of alvl for 1.07 somewhere? I'm specifically interested in halls of the dead, stony tomb, tal rasha's tomb, flayer jungle, great marsh, chaos sanctuary, most of act 5.
Yes, it's hidden in the 1.09 News, Info and Gossip thread:

Leveling one of my Sorcs on Shenk and Frigid plus shopping for crafting supplies. I stumbled across a Chromatic Kite shield of the Gargantuan at Gheed.'s shop I brought it and gave it Larzuk and he was kind and competent today unlike in the past

Prefix 1002 Kite Shield of the Gargantuan
Defense: 17
Chance to Block: 28%
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 47
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0x36a07be6
+44 to Life
All Resistances +28
Socketed (3: 0 used)

It is now stuffed with Pdiamonds and on the gal as an upgrade.

Prefix 1002 Kite Shield of the Gargantuan
Defense: 17
Chance to Block: 28%
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 47
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0x36a07be6
+44 to Life
All Resistances +85
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Perfect Diamond
Inserted into a Kite Shield

All Resistances +19

Required Level: 18

Perfect Diamond

All Resistances +19

Perfect Diamond

All Resistances +19

Love the 1.07 action. This one was the 7th socket quest burnt on a chromatic shield of some type using several characters with just 2 of these getting 3 sockets, 4 getting one socket and 1 getting two sockets.

Reactions: D2DC
Finally, after 18 Aldur's boots:

1630870408065.png

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 100
Durability: 12 of 36
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x77d435d8
+10 to Dexterity
+110% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 100%
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
45% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Getting closer and closer to 556% MF... not sure if I should rack another pair (for a future barb).

Finally, after 18 Aldur's boots:

View attachment 66912

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 100
Durability: 12 of 36
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x77d435d8
+10 to Dexterity
+110% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 100%
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
45% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Getting closer and closer to 556% MF... not sure if I should rack another pair (for a future barb).

Why not load your merc with additional MF?

and then let him get the kill :)

I had no need to farm for WTs and use Aldurs instead (frw is good in town)

Why not load your merc with additional MF?

and then let him get the kill

That's what I'm doing (or rather, attempting to do). Both my sorc and my merc have Ptopaz Shako and Ptopaz Tal's armor. Additionally, the sorc has 35% ammy, Gull + Milabrega's shield on switch and now War Travs, bringing total MF to 522%. If the stats of the items are the same as in later patches, adding Goldwrap alone to my current setup is not enough to reach 556%. With Chance Guards 556% is possible, but ditching War Travs is not. Am I missing something?

chance guards are worth than magics in 1.07 (i think fixed 24mf compared to 25)

let me look in my mf stash, I'll tell you what I had (i stopped this mfing because I got everything I wanted)

edit: basically I closed the gap with mf charms (4% per slot ideally)

also very minor upgrade is a good Griswold's helmet (30 mf tops, +2 socs) for your merc

and rings give easy 40+ mf (up to 80 with both)

Last edited:
Reactions: LprMan
Yes, it's hidden in the 1.09 News, Info and Gossip thread:
So some of these areas have alvl > 99. Do items that drop do so at ilvl=alvl or do they immediately truncate to ilvl99 before save/exit?

ALSO: I read somewhere you don't need exactly 556, but rather a slightly lower number, but @art_vandelay can tell hopefully
See @Derklord 's signature for a calculator:

So some of these areas have alvl > 99. Do items that drop do so at ilvl=alvl or do they immediately truncate to ilvl99 before save/exit?
They will truncate to 99 at S&E but for some calculations the high alvl will actually be used, see the "Racking low qlvl items in high alvl areas" in here:
Btw it is still not possible to get a 50 life GC via some high level area.

I'm interested to see if I can try some farming by killing high monster density without having to go to cows.
For drops form monsters, the area level is irrelevant, only the monster level counts. Monster level maxes out at 90 (apart from champions, uniques, Nihlathak, and Baal), which is reached in mid A3. Area level is only relevant for chests and racks.

Once you're MF capped, you can get plenty from Duriel with the method linked in my signature. Also in my signature is a grail sheet containing the drop chances for all uniques that can drop form de-bugged Duriel (as well as chances for other bosses if they can drop from normal TCs), you can see what uniques can be gotten from him fairly easily.
That's what I'm doing (or rather, attempting to do). Both my sorc and my merc have Ptopaz Shako and Ptopaz Tal's armor. Additionally, the sorc has 35% ammy, Gull + Milabrega's shield on switch and now War Travs, bringing total MF to 522%. If the stats of the items are the same as in later patches, adding Goldwrap alone to my current setup is not enough to reach 556%. With Chance Guards 556% is possible, but ditching War Travs is not. Am I missing something?
You can very easily get 34MF gloves from 1.00 (or any pre-1.07). And by "very easily" I mean "can be shopped in A2 normal".

Last edited:
chance guards are worth than magics in 1.07 (i think fixed 24mf compared to 25)

let me look in my mf stash, I'll tell you what I had (i stopped this mfing because I got everything I wanted)

edit: basically I closed the gap with mf charms (4% per slot ideally)

also very minor upgrade is a good Griswold's helmet (30 mf tops, +2 socs) for your merc

and rings give easy 40+ mf (up to 80 with both)

True :) I should have mentioned that I'd like to wear dual SoJ's and Frostburn if possible. With those my sorc has enough mana to be self-sustained. I may be spoiled by Insight mercs, but I definitely prefer not to gulp potions all the time just to keep doing the "basics". I think hunting down a Goldwrap and couple of MF charms is one of the better options for me, that'll push the sorc over the breakpoint.

Once you're MF capped, you can get plenty from Duriel with the method linked in my signature. Also in my signature is a grail sheet containing the drop chances for all uniques that can drop form de-bugged Duriel (as well as chances for other bosses if they can drop from normal TCs), you can see what uniques can be gotten from him fairly easily.

Thanks, DLed the sheet. I know the Duriel trick, learned it from this thread (great finding btw). Haven't tried it yet, because I'm a wimp. Is 1.07 Duriel still able to use Charge? Approximately how much dmg does it deal? I'm playing HC and with limited playtime, losing a character is the last thing I want.

You can very easily get 34MF gloves from 1.00 (or any pre-1.07). And by "very easily" I mean "can be shopped in A2 normal".

I'll consider that, thanks. I should study the items more carefully to understand all the available options 😶

More questions: I've been leveling up a zon (actually 3, 2 are backup characters) in 1.00 to forward them to 1.07 later. Goals: get GMB (or several) from Anya for crafting + build a hell cow runner. Problems: to have a chance to get a GMB, one has to kill Nihlathak. As far as I know, damage from his CE equals a tactical nuke in this patch. That ridiculous CE damage is only rivalled or exceeded by Baal's manaflame. Has anyone here faced those dangers in HC? How did you do it? If I had to try killing hell Baal right now, I'd try it with the sorc simply by staying at a distance and hoping for the best. I'm not sure how to deal with Nihlathak...

Gosh, these old patches are hard and weird 😀

PS. Got this yesterday on a test run:

1630938961281.png

Raven Claw
Long Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 4 to 16
Required Dexterity: 19
Required Strength: 22
Required Level: 15
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 90