1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

@jimsfriend - I guess I better start trading for those.. :p

Screenshot150.jpg
NM runs look like they will be a bit slower, but not too bad. Bosses go down very quickly with uncapped static. The worst part was CS where you have to clear a decent amount of swarms. Of course as soon as Big D spawns, my computer decides to quit.. May actually pick up some finds along the way as well! I never realized GoP had different CtC mods, only knew about the 50% requirements.

Reactions: teddeeboy
Hey @D2DC

Out of curiosity what optional quests do you complete with your rush crew

Also can you please share the stats and gear on your rush sorc thanks

Reactions: D2DC
Hey @D2DC

Out of curiosity what optional quests do you complete with your rush crew
I did a couple batches of Larzuk/Qual-kek quests, but probably won't mess with that any longer. I've done 1.07 socket rushes before, they don't take that long if I need more. The only optional one I'll probably do going forward is the NM HF (for crafting runes). Maybe I'll get around to doing all the imbue quests later on in 1.09 or 1.14. Does it make a difference which version you do those in?
Also can you please share the stats and gear on your rush sorc thanks
She wasn't really built as a "rush" Sorc. I've used her for 556% MF, LK/Trav runs and Cows. She's also my only high level crafter. Anyway, anything with static + tele should make for a decent rusher in 1.07. :p

Skills:
Code:
20 Hydra
20 Fire Mastery
20 Static Field
20 Frozen Orb
13 Cold Mastery

Stats: I should probably have gone for dex/block after racking Arkaines, but she has a beefy life pool and isn't usually in much danger.
Code:
Str - 165 (175)
Dex - 25
Vit - 315 (552)
Nrg - 55

A2 Prayer Merc: I probably should have switched to an A5 Merc a long time ago, but I'm too stubborn..
Code:
Skullder's Ire
Vampire Gaze
Eth Husoldal Evo

Gear:
Code:
Archangel's Crystalline Globe (+2 Sorc, +3 FO, +78 mana)
Shako
Arkaine's Valor
Tal's Ammy
Tal's Belt/M'avina's Belt (+MF% or +FRW)
Rare Gloves (+resists, +25% MF)
Rings: (Dual +MF%) or (29 MPK/FCR and +Resist)
Caster Boots (+40% FRW, +20% MF)
Caster Luna
Code:
Blood Rock
Luna
Defense: 95
Chance to Block:  51%
Durability: 84 of 84
Required Strength: 100
Required Level: 60
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x61c7837b
+23 to Mana
+11% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 11%
Damage Reduced by 12
Fire Resist +68%
Lightning Resist +68%
Cold Resist +89%
Poison Resist +68%
Replenish Life +4
Socketed (2: 2 used)
Code:
Prefix 1252 Crystalline Globe
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 26
Durability: 30 of 30
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 20
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 30
Orb Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x74b86e17
+78 to Mana
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+1 to Fire Ball (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Thunder Storm (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Frozen Orb (Sorceress Only)

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 284
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 62
Indestructible
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x48308c81
+100% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Life 40%
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x2baa5d27
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1554
Required Strength: 165
Required Level: 85
Indestructible
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xc7f671c
+200% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 19%
Fire Resist +50%
Replenish Life +5
+2 to All Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+190 to Life (2 per Character Level)
+237 to Vitality (2.5 per Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Blood Rock
Luna
Defense: 95
Chance to Block:  51%
Durability: 84 of 84
Required Strength: 100
Required Level: 60
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x61c7837b
+23 to Mana
+11% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 11%
Damage Reduced by 12
Fire Resist +68%
Lightning Resist +68%
Cold Resist +89%
Poison Resist +68%
Replenish Life +4
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Glyph Claw
Demonhide Gloves
Defense: 34
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0x25a345a0
+38 to Mana
Lightning Resist +19%
Poison Resist +13%
Replenish Life +5
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 4 Weaken (30/30 Charges)

M'avina's Tenet
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 82
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 45
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0xc8f9c39
+50 Defense
15% Mana stolen per hit
+5 to Light Radius
40% Faster Run/Walk

Prefix 1092 Ring of the Apprentice
Required Level: 3
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x24c0b12c
10% Faster Cast Rate
+29 to Mana After Each Kill

Rune Whorl
Ring
Required Level: 14
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x2f57f201
+10 to Strength
+20 to Life
Lightning Resist +25%
Cold Resist +16%
Poison Resist +18%
5% Life stolen per hit
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Wraith Nails
Boots
Defense: 2
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 76
Item Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0x346e1fd4
+14 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 4%
Cold Resist +24%
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Faster Run/Walk
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

My backpack is a bit different than I usually set up. She is a pick up/identify machine.. So, I leave plenty of open space on the left side (for quick discarding), and always carry a Tome of ID and several sets of keys (for LK). I usually never bother with a Tome of TP, but since she is rushing, she needs it! Charms are a mix of HP, mana, resist and MF. You really need to load up your inventory with +4% MFSCs to get to 556%.

Last edited:
@D2DC Obviously you have really nice gear , compared to me . +8 skills with a dual tree plus SF for balanced killing plus the stats/life boosts. I also use and Normal Combat Merc with less good gear although his shae'd Safety GT with 364 ED and 2os with Sol'd GFace and Sol'd Vipermagi helps with kill speed and with limited tanking with a more offensive setup. He can tank MSLEs but not Cursed and Might/Fana so well. Does the Gaze setup allow your merc to tank Cursed and might/Fana bosses or the Act bosses?

Reactions: D2DC
He does die, but I am usually pretty conscious of him. So, instead of the usual orb/sf/sf, I gotta add a lot of tele in there to remove him from danger. Not so much on rushing, but for Trav/cows etc. A5 mercs have a lot better HP regen. MSLE isn't as bad as I expected it to be.. there is something about MDR. IIRC, it gets applied every frame instead of every second? So, Skullders is like 625 MDR per second.. I don't think I am wearing any MDR, but I guess the big life pool keeps me safe. I don't remember any NDE from it..

always carry a Tome of ID and several sets of keys
Heyyyy @D2DC sounds like you could be missing out on two of the best features in 1.07:

You can use keys from inside the cube...

You can use keys from inside the cube in your stash :p
Does the Gaze setup allow your merc to tank Cursed and might/Fana bosses or the Act bosses?
I dont think any mercs can tank in 1.07 since leech doesnt work @teddeeboy ...i like to define it more in terms of 'survive long enough so i can kill the enemy first'. For this i would recommend a5 mercs because of very good life regen, both stun and bash can help survive longer against cursed/might/fana and the great swords you can give them

Reactions: teddeeboy and D2DC
@ziambe Thanks that is helpful. I still rely on the merc to kill some uniques because the sorc is a cold only with SF build and SF does not do much against MR uniques even with a LR wand on switch. The jab attack speed with the GT is nice . He can kill and can tank a hit or two at most against dangerous enemies. As @D2DC says, I just need a teleport reposition and full rejuv to do so on many occasions. I thought there might be a better setup for Act 2 to tank. I have read lots of the tanking of the Act 5 merc, especially with +%Life gear available on swords with high life regen, or ability to apply a high % CB. I like having the Act 2 merc aura even in 1.07

Reactions: ziambe
@D2DC Obviously you have really nice gear , compared to me . +8 skills with a dual tree plus SF for balanced killing plus the stats/life boosts.
I think both you and D2DC are seriously overrating +skills. In 1.07, your main damage skill is Static Field, which only improves in range and not damage with +skills. It does, however, improve with fast cast, which is why that's the far more important stat. Plus it makes you teleport faster. A Wizardspike would make for much better gear.
@ziambe Thanks that is helpful. I still rely on the merc to kill some uniques because the sorc is a cold only with SF build and SF does not do much against MR uniques even with a LR wand on switch. The jab attack speed with the GT is nice . He can kill and can tank a hit or two at most against dangerous enemies. As @D2DC says, I just need a teleport reposition and full rejuv to do so on many occasions. I thought there might be a better setup for Act 2 to tank. I have read lots of the tanking of the Act 5 merc, especially with +%Life gear available on swords with high life regen, or ability to apply a high % CB. I like having the Act 2 merc aura even in 1.07
If you want the merc to kill LIs, you should take an A5 hireling with Coldsteel Eye. A barb merc is also the by far best for survival, as long as it isn't poisoned. I'm using Eth'd Coldsteel Eye, PT'd Harle, and PT'd Tals armor on my hireling (for MF), and he can actually solo kill Mephisto if he doesn't pop the poison cloud. More practical, with the snare from the orb's cold damage, my barb merc can tank Lister's group with no issues, for instance (without Fana - with it, I need to teleport around a bit).

MSLE isn't as bad as I expected it to be.. there is something about MDR. IIRC, it gets applied every frame instead of every second? So, Skullders is like 625 MDR per second..
It's not per time, it's per damage taken, as in all patches. What makes MDR so powerful in 1.07 is that it's applied after resistances. Let's say you take 180 lightning damage times 16 (the number of bolts released by MSLE) with max res and 40 MDR (from Skullder's+Gaze). In later patches, where it's applied before resistances, you would take (180-40)*0.25*16=560 damage. In 1.07, you take (180*0.25-40)*16=80 damage. Indeed, everything below 160 damage is fully negated! This doesn't help against Mephisto's cold orb, or Baal's corkscrew of death, though, which is why those are still extremely dangerous (especially because mercs take double damage from bosses).

Last edited:
Reactions: teddeeboy and D2DC
Thanks @Derklord I will need to get Cold Steel Eye and some other gear for any A5 merc. Currently I need the MF items and have no stable racks to provide these yet.

Your explanation of MDR mechanics makes sense. The merc takes way more damage when under conviction from the Demon Imp fireballs, any LEs bolts or unique's death explosion. With 75 all resist and MDR 20 the elemental damage is minimal in many cases. I don't know the mechanics of the conviction lowering resistances with the LCS screwed up when under the conviction aura. I assume it is the same for Lower resist.

Edit : Correct name misspelling, apologies

Last edited:
Thanks @Darklord I will need to get Cold Steel Eye and some other gear for any A5 merc. Currently I need the MF items and have no stable racks to provide these yet.
Derklord, please, with an "e". Also, Coldsteel Eye can be farmed from debugged Duriel. The drop chance is rather low (1:852), but if you plan on running Duriel, you might try to get it from there. Alternatively, just use Bul-Kathos' colossus blade - the killspeed isn't far behind (on players1 at least), and it also provides res.
I don't know the mechanics of the conviction lowering resistances with the LCS screwed up when under the conviction aura. I assume it is the same for Lower resist.
Conviction works like in later patches, it just isn't displayed in the LCS (or the, er, LHS). The level of the aura is dependent on the monster level, and maxes out at slvl23 for -140 res.

Yea, @Derklord nobody should be looking at my setup as anywhere near ideal.. I literally just gave my Trav/LK runner a tome of TP and called that my "rush" setup. :LOL:

I am sure fcr is probably the most important mod for normal/NM (haven't started with Hell rushes yet). However, I have some situations in A4/A5 NM where my Merc is already getting a bit squishy. So, I can see how having a beefy setup with Arcains/Shako/resists is beneficial. He starts to get himself into trouble, and I just jump right in front of him to start absorbing attacks.

Last edited:
What weapons are you using on your WW barbs for Travincal runs? I know the BK set or BKSC + stat stick are popular and the easy way out.

I've been doing some Larzuk shopping/socketing, ultimately wishing for Cruel Colossus Blade of Evisceration with 4os (ShaeShaeEthAmn) paired with Wizardspike. But I have a feeling this is going to take ages. And I'm not sure if CCBoE is going to be *that* much better than BKSC (no CB). Of course with CCBoE it is possible to get decent amount of CB from other sources (Guillaume's, Goblin Toe, maybe crafted gloves too). I have a feeling I should just hunt down a CB rack (haven't found one yet) and get that BKSC instead of wasting tons of time on something which may not even be an improvement.

Some of my attempts at "good enough" magical sword:

Code:
Prefix 869 Gothic Sword of Evisceration <-- wrong base item, otherwise the best I have
One-Hand Damage: 54 to 216
Two-Hand Damage: 150 to 294
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Dexterity: 20
Required Strength: 113
Required Level: 37
Sword Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x71f69a6b
+287% Enhanced Damage
+62 to Maximum Damage
Socketed (3: 0 used)

Prefix 869 Colossus Sword of Alacrity <-- low roll and because of the WSM it still needs 2x Shae
One-Hand Damage: 60 to 216
Two-Hand Damage: 155 to 331
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Dexterity: 91
Required Strength: 170
Required Level: 72
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xcaa0e39
+238% Enhanced Damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
Socketed (3: 0 used)

Prefix 869 Colossus Blade <-- Meh, only 1 sock and no suffix
One-Hand Damage: 59 to 201
Two-Hand Damage: 63 to 399
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 76
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x81facb7
+273% Enhanced Damage
Socketed (1: 0 used)

Reactions: d2lover and D2DC
I wouldn't be shopping for a weapon certainly. It's a waste of time.

What you've got is already good. Either use that or BK and craft every Ort rune you drop. Sooner rather than later you'll get ~300 ED weapon and with 3 os guaranteed.

If you have other chars, you can farm Orts in LK or you can get them by rushing alternativelly.

For the off-hand I have no idea. You can try different things and report back on your experience. It would be nice.

Reactions: LprMan
A theoretic Craft can have cruel/grandmaster/40 ias + 3 guaranteed sockets, so it wins the best award for me

I like being able to put an Eth in the weapon, so craft/maigc wins for me.

Craft is easier to get average stuff, you basically only have to get cruel and stuff ShaelShaelEth in it

Tho, if you can't get mana leech on any other slot, magic is the only option with a (irc) Vex or PSkull. (if you want still an Eth )

Life leech is so easy to get, I wouldn't worry about it

I don't even know if there is manaleech apart from Gaze or Mavinas Belt (or more exclusive 1.00-1.06 rare jewelry)

Last edited:
Reactions: LprMan
@d2lover
Some other common off weapon 1.07 only options apart from Mav's Tenet or Gaze are

Wilhelm's Pride Battle belt gives dual leech and may add+35 life extra set bonus with GFace.
Manald

A Rare , Crafted or magic Ammy. My best option below which is ok is below
Bitter Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 92
Fingerprint: 0x6130333c
+1 to Dexterity
+47 to Mana
All Resistances +12
8% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

I have a few other ammys with 4 or 5%ML

Dual leech is not possible on 1.07 jewelry , according affix tables linked in the opening posts of the this threads

I crafted these dual leech gloves just last week The original post is buried in the current item find thread

Dire Finger
Chain Gloves
Defense: 8
Durability: 10 of 16
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 85
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x7fa2b130
+13 to Dexterity
+17 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 8%
Lightning Resist +17%
3% Life stolen per hit
3% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Mana After Each Kill

Hand of Broc has similar stats too. It does mean you forego Blood Gloves or LoH and that may not be desirable for damage output. With the blood glove recipes I think ML is combined with the LL automod and becomes all LL, so dual leech or ML is difficult to get there.

@LprMan
For the sword choice see the post below about the DtD multiplies the total damage, not adds, for all physical melee attacks which results in way more damage per hit. This was tested and posted by @Fruit. Also see the note about the BK Set with 200% DtD combined with the 35CB on the BKSC I personally do not have the BKSC, so never used that setup. I would way up if the KB from the BKSC is a problem or helps for Trav versus the magic swords. It would be interesting to find out.

Original

@art_vandelay 's link

Reactions: LprMan and d2lover
I am sure fcr is probably the most important mod for normal/NM (haven't started with Hell rushes yet). However, I have some situations in A4/A5 NM where my Merc is already getting a bit squishy. So, I can see how having a beefy setup with Arcains/Shako/resists is beneficial. He starts to get himself into trouble, and I just jump right in front of him to start absorbing attacks.
Two things here: First, I think with an A5 merc, you wouldn't even need to do that (plus, I don't think that's healthy in hell anyway). Second, I'm not saying you should equip a different armor or helmet or run around with unmaxed resists, I'm saying you should* equip a different weapon! And shield. Your weapon doesn't give you any life or resists, it only grants +skills and a bit of mana. Virtually everything with FC would be better than your orb.
A Wizardspike alone would give you more resists and more mana than your entire weapon slot while having just as much health; add in either Wall of the Eyeless, or Milabrega's shield with a PD and a second FC ring, and you'd get over the 63 FC breakpoint, for 25% faster casting, while losing nothing but +skills. Alternatively since you presumably don't have the dex for it on your existing char, Suicide Branch coupled with a res/FC ring plus your existing shield would put you at >63 FC while probably keeping your resists and costing just 6 MF.
*) I mean, I would, and I'd thusly advise others thinking about imitiating your equipment. You are, of course, free to play however you want!

To be honest, I wouldn't play a 1.07 Sorc without 105 FC, period. If you want to wear either an MF armor or Arkaine's, that all but requires Wizardspike, but that's by far the best weapon in the game anyway. There really isn't any competition for a Wizzy, as it gives the biggest boni in the game to three of the five most important stats (not counting MF, as you can weapon switch for that), and that it lacks +skills just isn't an issue in 1.07.

What weapons are you using on your WW barbs for Travincal runs? I know the BK set or BKSC + stat stick are popular and the easy way out.

I've been doing some Larzuk shopping/socketing, ultimately wishing for Cruel Colossus Blade of Evisceration with 4os (ShaeShaeEthAmn) paired with Wizardspike. But I have a feeling this is going to take ages. And I'm not sure if CCBoE is going to be *that* much better than BKSC (no CB). Of course with CCBoE it is possible to get decent amount of CB from other sources (Guillaume's, Goblin Toe, maybe crafted gloves too).
For some reason it's not talked about, but I value 'of Amplify Damage' very high (especially since Toorc is always PI). I consider it the by far best suffix for a main-hand weapon, and I recommend a a crafted or magic weapon with resi mod(s), sockets, and 'of AD', socketed with resi jewels, for the off-hand.

Regarding mana leech: Are there actually people not wearing Mavina's belt? The only character I have who doesn't wear one is my MF Sorc (until I actually level that Sniper Sin, at least). What do you wear for a belt? I mean, I can see some value in Trang-Oul's, but I just go without CBF on my Barbs (it's not like it slows down WW in either attack or movement speed).

For some reason it's not talked about, but I value 'of Amplify Damage' very high (especially since Toorc is always PI). I consider it the by far best suffix for a main-hand weapon, and I recommend a a crafted or magic weapon with resi mod(s), sockets, and 'of AD', socketed with resi jewels, for the off-hand.
CB already ignores physical resistance and after whirling through them a bit you can usually one shot Toorc with one zerk. In any case I was under the impression that in 1.07 CtC effects interrupt WW. Is that actually not the case?

Great information and many things to ponder (I did not know how DtD works in 1.07), thanks everyone :) I'll consider my options.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High