1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

You don't happen to have a complete breakdown of which Anya quests each of the characters had? :D
No unfortunately...do you think completing the quest on one of the other difficulties first could influence the hell quest reward?

No unfortunately...do you think completing the quest on one of the other difficulties first could influence the hell quest reward?
That was just my first guess. I never did the quest in 1.07 because I didn't care too much for GMBs. But if fruit posted that list I'm inclined to believe him.

I can vouch for the hell anya GMB shortage....i got one on my first try and now about 30 zons later, no other.

Did you play through the game normally with that first zon instead of getting rushed? Completed all the quests along the way, played in multiple sessions saving in between them etc? Did you play offline or in a TCP/IP game? Do you happen to remember, at what level did you collect the hell reward?

To me, it doesn't look like Normal/NM has any effect on hell rewards. Right now, I'm at 42 zons total, not a single elite item from Anya yet.

Totals:

28x Normal quest reward
28x NM quest reward
42x Hell quest reward

16x Maiden Pike
22x Maiden Javelin
22x Ashwood Bow
1x Ceremonial Bow <-- Hmmm!
17x Ceremonial Spear
3x Ceremonial Pike <-- Hmmm!
17x Ceremonial Javelin

The interesting thing is I got those 3x Ceremonial Pike and 1x Ceremonial bow on the same set of zons, from the NM quest. And on that run, I did at least one thing differently... I'll do some more testing.

Last edited:
But if fruit posted that list I'm inclined to believe him.

The list is correct. The items are referenced in game.dll., starting at offset E2A60. Below is the full list of item rewards:

am4 am5 am6 am8
ama am6 am7 am8
am9 ama 6cb 6sb
6hb 6lb 6cb 6s7
6l7 6sw 6lw 6lx
6mx 6hx 6rx amb
amc amd ame amf
ba1 ba2 ba3 ba4
ba5 ba6 ba7 ba8
ba9 baa bab bac
bad bae baf ne1
ne2 ne3 ne4 ne5
ne6 ne7 ne8 ne9
nea neb nec ned
nee nef pa1 pa2
pa3 pa4 pa5 pa6
pa7 pa8 pa9 paa
pab pac pad pae
paf ob1 ob2 ob3
ob4 ob5 ob6 ob7
ob6 ob7 ob8 ob9
oba oba obb obc
obd obe obf dr1
dr2 dr3 dr4 dr5
dr6 dr7 dr8 dr9
dra drb drc drd
dre drf ktr wrb
axf ces clw btl
skr 9ar 9wb 9xf
9cs 9lw 9tw 9qr
7ar 7wb 7xf 7cs
7lw 7tw 7qr

The item codes can be found in weapons.txt and armor.txt.

Quick edit: in later patches (in 1.10 at least), there is additional requirement of clvl>65 in Hell and clvl>45 in NM. I can't verify whether this is the case for 1.07.

Last edited:
Do you happen to remember, at what level did you collect the hell reward?
I think you might be on to something here.

I can't say for certain, but I think the Zon that got the GMB could've been my crafter which was in high 90's or even 99 when I turned the quest in. The rest were all level 12 or less...

In the old 1.07 thread I remember this very same discussion. It ended IIRC when someone confirmed that lvl1 Zon had GMB from Anya. For some reason I won't search that thread for that thing. I may remember all wrong too.

m4ke

Am I unlucky or do the rushees need a certain minimum clvl to have a shot at GMB? I managed to find this https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/1-07-news-info-and-gossip.148/#post-2769 but the rewards I got are completely dirrerent than what's listed there.
I did some investigation on this. That list of rewards @art_vandelay posted is taken from this post by @Fruit where he says:; "regardless of clvl you can receive any item she has to offer".

I'm also thinking @Fruit as a reliable source of information.

m4ke

Edit: I found this in the .txt of the old thread that someone had downloaded.
Lastly, just fyi; clvl does not matter for the qlvl of the reward that you get from Anya. So if you'd want to farm them, or obtain at least 1 GMB, you do not have to bother leveling the rushee(s).
I personally have received a Hydra Bow at clvl 1!

(Weirdly enough, even while ilvl = clvl (the mentioned Hydra Bow was ilvl 1), the affixes were at least alvl30, and possibly higher (didn't really check). I doubt affix generation for these items are identical to crafting, but who knows. Not that it matters if you plan on crafting, of course )
That .txt doesn't tell the poster of this.

Last edited:
I did also my first Zon rush. Anya rescued only in Hell difficulty. Here are the results:
Code:
Ceremonial spear x3
Maiden Pike x2
Ashwood Bow x1
Ceremonial Javelin x1

m4ke

Edit: that was just an extended HF Rush, nothing un-necessary was done.
Edit2: My Ashwood bow is not on that list by Fruit.

Last edited:
Okay, I think I got it.

DO NOT collect the reward in a TCP/IP game! On my 7th set of zons I rescued Anya in TCP/IP game -> S&E -> collect reward in SP with each zon. BOOM:

1x Colossus Crossbow
1x Great Bow
2x Hydra Bow
1x Demon Crossbow
1x Crusader Bow
1x Matriarchal Bow

For the sake of completeness:
  • I have installed the game (both D2 Classic and LoD v1.07 on top of it) from the originals discs
  • Modifications/additions to game files: no-cd patch, multi-instance DLL, Glide wrapper

Need... moar... zons.

EDIT: I still have no idea why I got Ceremonial Bow and Ceremonial Pikes on that one specific set of rushees. The rewards were collected in a TCP/IP game.

Last edited:
Yep, hell reward only. The rushees were lvl 52 though (completed the Ancients on all difficulties).

Okay so this doesn't solve any of the problems and questions.

I'll do it tomorrow with 1's.

m4ke

Edit: I mean that your RNG could do this just this time.
Edit2: Or is here a feeling that Anya must be done at every difficulty? I guess @Fruit must have noticed it.

Last edited:
Im 99% sure than when accepting the hell reward in a TCP/IP game, the reward list for the quest on normal is used. There's nothing else to it - level or quests on other difficulties are irrelevant, only whether it's SP or TCP/IP matters. Only on hell, by the way, nightmare seems to work correctly.

An additional weirdness is that the Amazon quest reward lists are a mess. For other classes*, it's straight forward - on normal, the list is all class-specific normal items, on nightmare it's all class-specific exceptional items, and on hell it's all class-specific elite items. For Amazon, the normal list is Maiden Pike, Maiden Javelin, Ashwood Bow, Ceremonial Spear, and Ceremonial Javelin, and the hell list contains all elite Amazon-specific items plus all elite bows and crossbows (nightmare list is all exceptional Amazons-specific items, as it should be).
*) Apart from minor divergences for Sorc.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried Rabies in 1.07? I wonder with the way poison works if it would be good. I know in later patches it's ehhh. 1.08 nerfed Fury and druid pets too so I wonder about a Fury wolf with leveled dire wolves, but I worry about physical immunes.

1.08 nerfed Fury and druid pets too so I wonder about a Fury wolf with leveled dire wolves, but I worry about physical immunes.
Not sure about the wolves, but crushing blow that ignores physical resistance and AD proc from Saracen's Chance take care of PIs.

Has anyone tried Rabies in 1.07? I wonder with the way poison works if it would be good.
Doesn't stack, sadly. Indeed, a hit with Rabies prevents poison damage from equipment from being applied.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High