1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Yes! Every serious 1.07 player should try a Multishot Crushing Blow Zon! In 1.07, EVERY arrow from MS carries all effects: leech, CB, CtC, everything!
Did you test crushing blow with freezing arrow in 1.07? In 1.09 I used a level 1 FA to freeze cows before using MS and to my surprise it did an insane amount of damage. I think the splash of FA carries CB and I believe I read that somewhere before, might have been the 1.07 thread.
That might be a good budget build for a Cow runner in 1.07, as long as the weapon switching glitch (getting stuck in place) does not exist in 1.07.

Yes! Every serious 1.07 player should try a Multishot Crushing Blow Zon! In 1.07, EVERY arrow from MS carries all effects: leech, CB, CtC, everything! Not just for Cows, this build rox everywhere!
But so does Lightning Fury, which carries all effects one every bolt, and can thus (with pierce) inflict CB even multiple times on an enemy with a single throw! I honestly don't see what a Bowzon does that a Javazon doesn't do even better.

Did you test crushing blow with freezing arrow in 1.07? [...] I think the splash of FA carries CB and I believe I read that somewhere before, might have been the 1.07 thread.
It works, i.e. the splash inflicts CB on all in range. Explosive Arrow's and Immolation Arrow's, too. But you can literally play a Javazon with white javelins muled over from newly created Amazons, so I don't get the budget aspect.

Reactions: art_vandelay
FA carries CB, but that's about it. It doesn't carry any other sort of physical or elemental damage. Think of it as a Glacial Spike with the ability to CB.

I didn't try it out yet, but Titans Revenge should be suberb, considering they are very cheap to repair and have selfrep afaik.

just a few less trips to town

the +5 gives alot of bolts for a single slot

They are OK, but not the best. The self-rep is way too slow. But most importantly, you want AMP on your javelins, period.

The cheap repair is nice. In cow level, they are totally fine. For overall gameplay though, with LIs and PIs, that's where amp shines. I use both amp javelins and Saracens ammy and I don't look back.

lol...y'all missed the point... Yes, other skills carry CB, and yes, a LF zon is very powerful and effective at cows (tho with high CB, she WILL kill elvis eventually, probably sooner than later), and no, you just can't get cheaper/easier ammo than arrows...they drop everywhere (even council running, lol) often enough that I only ever buy arrows when I get lazy.

@m4ke asked for a bowazon build for 1.07 that is effective, fun, and (by implication) can run more than cows...and I just can't recommend a Multishot Crushing Blow Zon enough. Powerful, safe, fun, and it doesn't require hard to get, expensive gear to start...Gface, Rattlecage, and Gobin Toe provide 85%CB, and are pretty easy to get! Mav's belt also very highly recommended for the FRW and ML (Multishot does take a lot of mana). Skills are easy too...20 in CS(nice), 20 in Pierce(you wanna pierce as much as possible), 15ish in MS for a nice fan of death that leeches, CBs, CtCs, and pierces on to the next target for more... As @Delsy keeps mentioning, CtC Amp is great on this girl!

I know it seems unlikely that a bowzon can clear cows as effectively as a Furyzon, but she can... I started the 2020 RFL cow round in 1.07 with a furyzon, and of course she was fast and effective...but she wasn't as safe as I wanted... There is a graphics glitch with LF in 1.07 that can cause everything on the screen (Mobs, loot, poppables, and corpses...everything but terrain and you) to become invisible for several seconds. Invisible cows killed me several times, and even when all the mobs were dead already, it slowed down grabbing loot, etc... A couple of old 1.07 players had recommended a CB MS zon to me before, and she had a lot of spare skillpoints, so I tried it out, and wow! See, LF does splash tons of lightning around the screen, and it does carry CB, but it doesn't carry far bevond the edge of the screen, while the arrows from MS travel at least 2½-3 screens!! Given the sheaves of arrows you volley with MS, HUGE swaths of ground are covered by each shot!
You don't even have to see critters to kill 'em, just have some leech and watch for the 'swirls' while you volley...when they stop, you're not hitting anything, step forward a bit and volley some more...

I liked the build so much I finished the cow round as a bowzon, and she felt so safe that for round three, I ran 1.07 Chaos Sanctuary (including De Seis) with the build...in hardcore!!

@m4ke Yes, this build should be able to do hell cows at lvl53...biggest problem will be Chance to Hit, given the severe lvl mismatch, best way to help that is an Eth socketed in the bow... At lvl53, you can't wield an elite bow yet (spider bow is lowest at rlvl58). If you have one, a plain 5sox Ceremonial Bow socketed Eth, Shae, Shae, Nef, Amn would probably work for a starter bow...

@d2lover for dead rune crafting with a lvl99 character, GMB gets alvl56 (Cruel, Master's), Hydra Bow gets alvl66 (not high enuff for grandmaster's, tho it does get a couple high elemental damage affixes the GMB misses). I'd go with GMB for a Zon...

WoRG

Reactions: Silvio415
Hey guys. Just a quick Q about racking mechanics. The "rarity" value for weapons and armors affects the likelihood of a particular item type being dropped by a rack at a particular location/act, but not the quality of the item?

Armory (qlvl [qlvl of the unique] / rarity)
Bramble Mitts: 67 / 1

The act level should have no effect on the probability of an unique/set quality dropping, right? Right now, I have a 100% stable bramble mitt rack in the countess tower. In theory, it should have the same probability of dropping LoH there as it would in Lower Kurast or in act 5, right?

I feel like that should be the case, but this stupid rack is not giving up the goods. If anyone have any tips or suggestions of where they got their LoH, I'd appreciate it as I need a lot of them. I have plenty of other characters to use to rack too, but just having hell of a time finding a stable bramble mitt rack. It was one of my first targets and I've literally found everything else except for LoHs.

But so does Lightning Fury, which carries all effects one every bolt, and can thus (with pierce) inflict CB even multiple times on an enemy with a single throw! I honestly don't see what a Bowzon does that a Javazon doesn't do even better.

Shoot more arrows with multishot all over the screen (and offscreen while at it) in the timespan it takes to throw a single javelin, and no need to herd targets? Random blind javelin thrown offscreen is also significantly less likely to hit something as opposed to blind MS offscreen.

I am not disagreeing in terms of general minmaxing javazon tends to be a lot more efficient but it is not like bowazon loses out that much when considering variety of scenarios.

Reactions: WoRG
In your experience, what is the best/fastest way to get Ort runes, not counting (boring) LK runs? I've been running Travincal with my WW barb, but I get a lot more jewels than Orts. I currently have ~30 jewels stashed.

PS. 112 rushed zons later I have 3x GMB. No decent crafts yet.

In your experience, what is the best/fastest way to get Ort runes, not counting (boring) LK runs? I've been running Travincal with my WW barb, but I get a lot more jewels than Orts. I currently have ~30 jewels stashed.
I would do lk...but dont forget the save-a-barb quest can give you 8 at a time rushing mules

1. Massrushing mules to normal HF and finishing it one-by-one.
2. Just run around and kill enemies in normal (or early NM) in with something that can clear screens with relatively little effort.

Needless to say the latter option is nowhere near as consistent but if mule rushing feels bit silly or (subjectively) not worth it, it is probably (?) the closest reasonable alternative.

Reactions: LprMan
Normal HF has 1 in 13 odds of dropping Ort...so on average you'll get slightly more than 1 Ort for every 2 full packs of 7 HF rushees.

As @ziambe noted, if you just proceed to act5 with your HF rushees and save some barbs, they'll all get Orts (and Rals and Tals), MUCH better odds, and probably the fastest way to collect a lot of Orts for weapon crafting.

I can't recall the ilvl of the reward runes, but I'm pretty sure its in one of @art_vandelay's posts at the beginning of this thread...and its easy to make sure you have all the ingredients in-game before talking to Qual-Kek for the runes, instead of running LK with that extra stuff in inventory just so you can craft with the rune while its fresh and adds 0.66 of its ilvl to the craft ilvl

WoRG

Last edited:
Reactions: LprMan
I can't recall the ilvl of the reward runes, but I'm pretty sure its in one of @art_vandelay's posts at the beginning of this thread

Found it! https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/1-07-news-info-and-gossip.148/#post-2488

Qual-Kehk runes ilvl equals clvl. Actually, at first I used those quest rewards from my zon rushees but the crafts were ilvl 56 or something... so I gave up on them. In reality, all I need to do is to level them up by doing the Ancients on all difficulties -> that's ~300 Orts with high enough ilvl right there, as my barb is only 10m exp shy of clvl 87 :)

Thank you.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High