1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

does ctc from the offhand trigger??
Sure does! It's almost the only thing form the off-hand weapon that does help on offense. I don't know if it procs on ever or just every other hit (i.e. only from the pseudo-offhand-attack).
CB already ignores physical resistance and after whirling through them a bit you can usually one shot Toorc with one zerk. In any case I was under the impression that in 1.07 CtC effects interrupt WW. Is that actually not the case?
Sure, but AD proc is faster. Certainly improves the killspeed more than an of Evisceration suffix. I mean, you can get away with a Sacacene's Chance, but getting AD proc from weapon (or both!) is better.
And while some skill procs are indeed problematic with WW; AD is not among them.

Reactions: teddeeboy
Anyone have a Blade of Ali Baba? I'm over 1500 duri runs in and still no luck :( I want to confirm that this info is correct:

1633463311515.png

namely, one socket and only 35% MF. Besides a 6 isted weapon, this is the highest MF available on a weapon?

@m4ke I searched the entire thread for your screenshots and couldn't find this one!

35% MF yes, but two sockets.

Ali Baba.jpg
Blade of Ali Baba
Tulwar
One-Hand Damage: 35 to 77
Durability: 16 of 32
Required Dexterity: 42
Required Strength: 70
Required Level: 35
Sword Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0x72ede4ee
+15 to Dexterity
+15 to Mana
+120% Enhanced Damage
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
1% Extra Gold (1.5 per Character Level)
Socketed (2: 0 used)
Most MF on a weapon without Ist runes is Gull with 50%. I recommend gambling one in 1.00.

Jewels are your friends then. Pity they seem to be as rare as ists...

@m4ke I searched the entire thread for your screenshots and couldn't find this one!
I'm quite sure I posted it to the old site. My first Baba (racked) is still my record. Over 4000 runs just to find out that it sucks =)

m4ke

Jewels are your friends then. Pity they seem to be as rare as ists...
Jewels max out at 10% MF (and that requires both the prefix which maxes out at 3%, and the suffix which maxes out at 7%), which makes a Blade of Ali Baba worse than a Gull even if you have actually found two such jewels.

Well, at least BoAB has two sockets (the max for the base item, which apparently overrides the entry in the uniques.txt)... Hone Sundan only has one rather than its listed three (as it's filled in wrongly)!

I decided to burn through a few lum runes to test if 11% FCR is possible:

1634473829106.png

This ammy was crafted by a level 99 with a stale rune and a gambled ammy. It appears to have only 2 affixes: Replenish life and integer dmg reduction (22 to boot too <3). So since the crafting formulae tell us that there should be an 80% chance for 3 affixes and 20% chance for 4 in this situation, that means that 10 FCR is....

Havoc Torc
Amulet
Required Level: 60
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x1dc58a8d
+19 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 14%
Damage Reduced by 22
Replenish Life +14
11% Faster Cast Rate
but

using the caster recipe, the fcr suffix is only detectable in atma...In hindsight, I should've crafted blood amulets

Nothing too mind boggling here, but that is some nice dmg reduction with fcr!

Last edited:
For use in 1.07 the max is 11% but if you move up a crafter char to 1.08 you can get up to 25% ...but this requires perfect gems I think. Haven't done much in 1.08 apart from rerolling jewels.

A week (or 2?) ago I finally moved a bunch of chars from 1.00 to 1.07. Got 2 Fal runes from HF but the crafting results were underwhelming. Luckily, the Ort runes from Qual-Kehk resulted in 2 nice swords:

Code:
Bone Thirst <- this one is currently on my barb
Colossus Blade
'ShaeShaeEth'
One-Hand Damage: 84 to 286
Two-Hand Damage: 90 to 568
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 76
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x394ccfdf
+18 to Life
+431% Enhanced Damage
+120 to Attack Rating
Adds 105-121 poison damage over 5 seconds
2% Life stolen per hit
40% Increased Attack Speed
-25% Target Defense
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Demon Mar
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 75 to 250
Two-Hand Damage: 80 to 495
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 76
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x23a981f5
+22 to Life
+362% Enhanced Damage
+79 to Attack Rating
+2 to Minimum Damage
+1 to Maximum Damage
3% Life stolen per hit
Socketed (3: 0 used)

I still need to tweak my barbs gear, especially his offhand weapon (it reaches 4fps but that's all).

Hell Ancients were surprisingly easy on p8 (sorc did the killing). On the first attempt Madawc spawned with teleportation, which made him unkillable. After rerolling ancients Madawc was very slow to kill, but otherwise easy. Life Tap charges kept the merc alive. Exp was good :D

1635520439807.png

1635520665522.png

To-do:
  • rush more amazons to hell Anya to get a Grand Matron Bow for crafting
  • do some experimenting with WW barb gear
  • somehow gather enough courage to attempt killing hell Baal...

somehow gather enough courage to attempt killing hell Baal...
Baal is easy to kill with Sorc & Static. Key to success is to keep your Merc far away fighting the tentacles. Baal is not interested what the Sorc does meanwhile. If the Merc dodges the tentacles and rushes towards you, just tele him far back and wait Baal to cast more tentacles.

Finally last tele over Baal and he usually dies =)

m4ke

Edit: Nice sword BTW.

That's a sweet sword right there! 1.07 in HC is probably listed in the encyclopedia under "bravery".

I still need to tweak my barbs gear, especially his offhand weapon (it reaches 4fps but that's all).
Wat? Are you playing with Frenzy? For WW, the offhand speed is irrelevant.
  • somehow gather enough courage to attempt killing hell Baal...
I don't know your equipment, but a Barb should be able to easily withstand Baal's corkscrew of death (mine has 3k life without Arcaine's, >5k with), and kill him in seconds.

Baal is easy to kill with Sorc & Static. Key to success is to keep your Merc far away fighting the tentacles. Baal is not interested what the Sorc does meanwhile. If the Merc dodges the tentacles and rushes towards you, just tele him far back and wait Baal to cast more tentacles.

Finally last tele over Baal and he usually dies =)

m4ke

Edit: Nice sword BTW.

Sorc is able to keep a distance, sure, but considering her health pool, one mistake vs manaflame = dead :oops:

That's a sweet sword right there! 1.07 in HC is probably listed in the encyclopedia under "bravery".

Tbh, I think classic 1.00 is harder in general. LoD 1.07 has certain super dangerous things, but outside of those, it's not too bad.

Wat? Are you playing with Frenzy? For WW, the offhand speed is irrelevant.

I don't know your equipment, but a Barb should be able to easily withstand Baal's corkscrew of death (mine has 3k life without Arcaine's, >5k with), and kill him in seconds.

Nope, WW. I must've missed the info on offhand IAS, thanks. My barb has 4,9k HP. I'm not in a hurry to kill hell Baal, my javazon is still ill-equipped for cows (read: naked).

===

By the way, how does the "Prison of Ice" Anya reward actually work? Since friday, I have rushed 3x 7 amazons to hell act 5 and rescued Anya, this is what I got:

4x Maiden Pike
7x Maiden Javelin
3x Ashwood Bow
4x Ceremonial Spear
3x Ceremonial Javelin

Am I unlucky or do the rushees need a certain minimum clvl to have a shot at GMB? I managed to find this https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/1-07-news-info-and-gossip.148/#post-2769 but the rewards I got are completely dirrerent than what's listed there.

By the way, how does the "Prison of Ice" Anya reward actually work? Since friday, I have rushed 3x 7 amazons to hell act 5 and rescued Anya, this is what I got:

4x Maiden Pike
7x Maiden Javelin
3x Ashwood Bow
4x Ceremonial Spear
3x Ceremonial Javelin

Am I unlucky or do the rushees need a certain minimum clvl to have a shot at GMB? I managed to find this https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/1-07-news-info-and-gossip.148/#post-2769 but the rewards I got are completely dirrerent than what's listed there.
That is really strange. It might be worth investigating if the game gives out the reward for Anya normal for the first time Anya is rescued and then NM for the second and so on... at least that's the only scenario I can imagine.
Which Anya quests did you do exactly?

I only did the Anya quest on hell. I'm going to start 4th set and also do the quest on normal and NM to see, if anything changes. I'll report back when I'm done.

I had a nice 1.07 session yesterday and the night before.

First I releveled my Zon to 99. She dropped back to ~97,4 after my accident and backups. It took about 17 hours of cow killing. I slept in between that time =) I checked every loot and picked up all charms and gems and runes (Lem as highest) so it could have been done much faster.

After that I thought that what's next? So I decided to move one Zon forward and train a new one. I had already a lvl92 Zon without a Merc waiting and then I needed one Merc and yet another Arkaine's and Harly for the Merc for survival.

Training a lvl32 Barb to 92 was quite fast. I did the last levels in Hell WSK2.

Then I checked my rack notes and moved two RackSins to my save folder and started running.

I got both items in ~30 minutes !! I was feeling lucky =)

After that I did my first HF rush with a Sorc. It felt much faster than with Zon.

I Also collected the runes in 1.14d and got 1x Gul, 2x Ist, 2x Mal, 4x Um and lower ones. I was feeling lucky again. So I made my first HoTO to D2R. And I got 14 more socketing quests in 1.14d.

No luck with grailers so far. I'm stuck at -5 :/

m4ke

That is really strange. It might be worth investigating if the game gives out the reward for Anya normal for the first time Anya is rescued and then NM for the second and so on... at least that's the only scenario I can imagine.
Which Anya quests did you do exactly?
I can vouch for the hell anya GMB shortage....i got one on my first try and now about 30 zons later, no other.

I did something like 7-8 HF rushes and I got ONE Gul. That time I was doing beta CtA. So RNG is there.

m4ke

I can vouch for the hell anya GMB shortage....i got one on my first try and now about 30 zons later, no other.
You don't happen to have a complete breakdown of which Anya quests each of the characters had? :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High