Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x74faebd9
Damage Reduced by 2
Lightning Resist +28%
Poison Resist +10%
5% Life stolen per hit
+10 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 1 Ice Blast (22/22 Charges)

So I was switching between panels and directories and copying my today's rushees from save folder to another (Total Commander).

And I managed to press Del and Enter at the same time in the correct order with my fat finger when I was hitting those arrow keys. Directory selection was over 1.07. Total Commander asks confirmation on deleting anything (my setup) but the 'Enter' took care of that. So goodbye 1.07 Characters and sashes.

My D2 Stuff is on SSD. It's a bad thing.

I ran three different Data Recovery programs and I managed to restore 27 Stashes and 0(!) Characters.

My last backup was dated 31.1.2021 and I restored from there.

First thing I'll do after posting this is to add a new feature to my Version Switcher. Auto Backup of all my D2 Chars & Stashes to my second HDD and NAS EVERY TIME I start that Switcher. I won't launch Diablo II before this is done.

After that I'll check my losses and update my Grail Sheet.

This is real Time Travelling! Take backups, folks!

m4ke

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: maxicek and D2DC
You just have to believe in the heart of the cards...

profit?

j/k , I can only imagine the nightmare I have, because I trade sometimes. But could make a backup on a dvd every month maybe?

are there any free and reliable online services for that?

and how about backing up multiple folders in different directories?

Condolences!

I back up everything on Google Drive and from time to time also on an external hard drive. My uploads can be as frequent as once per day or as infrequent as once per month, depending on whether I have anything new worth saving. (Big finds, characters finished, etc.)

Hmmh, I must study if I can upload stuff to Google Drive from my Pascal code.

But hey! I like racking! :p

m4ke

Does this apply for Ancient's Pledge as well? I've seen some conflicting information about it, and haven't tested it myself.
Yes, it applies to Ancient's Pledge, too.
To my understanding, 1.07 saves sockets in items seperately from the main item, with the final item stats being generated every time the char is loaded (runes and jewels can surpass the normal limit of ED, which normally gets truncated to 511% upon saving, for instance). I presume that the additional stats of RWs aren't saved, but rather that when a RW is loaded, the rune combination is checked with the RW list in the MPQ (in the runes.txt), and if a match is found, the additional stats are generated (this is similar to how item saving worked pre-1.07, especially for uniques and set items). Of course, only Ancient's Pledge's rune combination has a match on the 1.08 RW list. I presume 1.08 uses the same system, only, of course, with a newly written runes.txt. 1.09 seems to have switched to fully saving the RW stats, but for backward compatibility, it had to contains the RW generation process which is performed upon adjusting an older character to the patch. 1.10+ seems to have kept it (unlike the stat generation process for pre-1.07 items). In case anyone's wondering, before 1.10, no RW had variables so saving individual stats wasn't required.
I don't know why ATMA screws with the 1.07 RWs. I presume it's unable to perform the stat generation process, only being able read existing stats (which is why it doesn't work for pre-1.07 chars), so it's no surprise that the RWs aren't correctly displayed. Why it corrupts the character, and why only for 1.07 and not 1.08, I don't know. In any case, what RW is on both the 1.07 and 1.08 lists is irrelevant, and thus AP is affected, too.

Reactions: Apila
Hi, do Java skillers make sense for a cowzone (with 100% CB gear)

I mean you get one bolt more per skiller, but I would like to have them for my 1.14d zone.

what you think?

I have 3 of them

Is Gothic Plate the go to drop? That is all that seems to drop for me.

That's just how the TC's end up working. For a monster capable of dropping from these, the highest chance is nearly always armo&weap 30,33 and 36, and Gothic Plate belongs to 'armo33'.

Is Gothic Plate the go to drop? That is all that seems to drop for me.
It's a weirdness in how they changed the TCs (pretty much everything changed or added for the expansion is a mess, be it hirelings, second weapon slot, shift-buying of potions, dual wield WW, or the new end boss). In pre 1.07, monster TCs contained only items from a small base item lvl level range. That's why for instance the Cow King can only drop 24 or so different base items in 1.00.
In 1.07, the drastically changed TCs, including adding the next lower TC in addition to the list of weapons and armor that can drop, but on nightmare/hell also adding the chance to drop from a lower difficulty's TC.
Let's say you're in early A5. Presuming you're killing a normal monster and a weapon/armor drop is rolled. On normal, the drop has a 28.57% chance to be a weapon or armor in the range of lvl 25 to 36 (base item), and a 71.43% chance to roll from the next lower TC. On nightmare, the drop has a 8.16% chance to be a weapon or armor in the range of lvl 40 to 51, a 45.92% chance to roll from the next lower TC, and a 45.92% chance to roll from the TC used for the middle section of A5 on normal. On Hell, the drop has a 2.87% chance to be a weapon or armor from the range of lvl 55 to 66, a 23.42% chance to roll from the next lower TC, and a 74.31% chance to roll from the late A5 nightmare TC (which in itself has a 47.17% chance to roll from the middle A5 normal TC).
That the TCs contain a pretty high chance to roll from the next lower TC is true for all later patches, too, but in 1.07 each TC also has the chance to directly go to the TC of a lower difficulty (43% to 47% chance for nightmare and 71% to 74% chance on hell). That means that the middle A5 normal TC is used a lot, guess which TC contains items like gothic plate?
The chance to jump to a lower difficulty's TC was removed for 1.08, in exchange for a much higher chance to go to the next lower TC (which was then tuned down again later). 1.07 actually has a better chance to drop from the highest TC than later patches, but the average base item lvl is pretty low, and of course, 1.07 maxes out at base item lvl 66.
Hi, do Java skillers make sense for a cowzone (with 100% CB gear)

I mean you get one bolt more per skiller, but I would like to have them for my 1.14d zone.
Killing large groups of monsters is never a problem with a javazon, so the additional bolt is completely irrelevant and all a skiller does is increase the lightning damage by ~16.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apila and d2lover
On the TC 33 thing: I made a graphic for it once upon a time that shows the chances for each TC if "Act 4 (H) Equip A2" is picked:
The second to last spoiler contains it.

Reactions: Apila
Level 54.

What level do I need to fight Hell Council pretty well and best place to get some levels?

With what build Vang?
I ran cows with a FO/ static Sorc and put seven leechers in a corner.

Sorry, only really played Barb, Sorc and Amazon in 1.07 - Can’t really help.

Why are you interested in hell council?
Also, is that your first/only 1.07 char?
Decent drops as I can pack a fair amount of magic find.

Yes, my one and only. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Sorry for delay, really have had zero interest in D2 for a for a while, I mean a couple days.

1. Yeah I need to get to X number to force drops, unless the 1.07 guide is incorrect
2. Yeah, council gives best chance for some cool drops, +runes, gems, charms
3. Absolutely (found Valor last week)
4. High +damage charms mainly, High ED% bow (not going to get it since I don't see me hitting 85 to get a hydra bow), High ED% blood claw that I hit max sockets with. Lastly, something better than this:

Prefix 1000 Akaran Rondache of Life
Defense: 55
Chance to Block: 35%
Smite Damage: 15 to 20
Durability: 30 of 30
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 59
Required Level: 33
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x16b8b43e
Damage Reduced by 4
All Resistances +42
Socketed (4: 0 used)

1. Yeah I need to get to X number to force drops, unless the 1.07 guide is incorrect
It's more than that - unless you get in the vicinity of these numbers (impossible for unique items from anything but hell act bosses), MF is almost useless for the respective rarity. For example, the chance for a given weapon/armor dropfrom a council member to be unique is 0.46% with 0 MF, and 0.53% with 400 MF. Council is nice for set items (and rare items, but who cares about those in Lod?), but don't expect many uniques.
2. Yeah, council gives best chance for some cool drops, +runes, gems, charms
Huh? What I was talking about is that unique council members drop from their normal TC at all difficulties. For a Barbarian that's not a big deal because horking treats them as normal monsters (which as council members means they still drop like superuniques), and thus gets 16 hell TC superunique drops from a killed council. Without Hork, that number drops to 5 (plus the six unique council members which dropping from their normal TC in either case).
Normal TC maxes out at base item level 35 for weapons and armor (just dipping into exceptional items) and Sol runes. I don't see how that's profitable for an Assassin to do compared to running racks and superchests.
Assassin who can't clear nearly that fast.
With maxed Death Warden, Assa can clear Cow Level on p1 very fast, actually.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High