1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

I recall crafting colossus blades and trying to get a GMB from anya quest for crafting.

Also if I recall correctly the barb merc has some interesting mechanics where 1-handed weapon damage is increased by some amount, but I'm not very sure about this at all.

Is it a known fact that Rune's iLvl is lost for example when you leave it on the ground on a MooMoo Farm and take Portal to town and pick it up next time?

I Crafted these just now in the very same game:
Code:
Bitter Hold
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 12
Durability: 13 of 14
Required Level: 85
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x23161d14
+1 to Strength
+2 to Dexterity
+16 to Life
+73% Enhanced Defense
1% Life stolen per hit
6% Chance of Crushing Blow
Level 3 Charged Strike (8/27 Charges)

Stone Buckle
Belt
Defense: 8
Durability: 11 of 16
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x14e3545
+93 to Life
+44% Enhanced Defense
3% Life stolen per hit
Attacker Takes Damage of 4
24% Faster Hit Recovery
6% Chance of Open Wounds
I didn't notice the Nef rune when it dropped. And I think I took the red Portal to town.

Yes! I'm finally leveling my zon! To the end! 3,402,739,296 ATM.

m4ke

Update.

Plague Bearer:
01_Plague_Bearer.jpg
Crow Caw:
02_Crow_Caw.jpg
Guardian Angel:
03_Guardian_Angel.jpg
Magewrath:
04_Magewrath.jpg

Code:
Plague Bearer
Rune Sword
One-Hand Damage: 35 to 150
Durability: 37 of 44
Required Dexterity: 79
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 41
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x96b9ad7
+150% Enhanced Damage
+10 to Minimum Damage
+45 to Maximum Damage
Poison Resist +45%
Adds 46-93 poison damage over 4 seconds
4 seconds poison duration
3% Chance to cast Level 4 Poison Nova on striking

Crow Caw
Tigulated Mail
Defense: 506
Durability: 22 of 36
Required Strength: 86
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x2decf4d6
+15 to Dexterity
+165% Enhanced Defense
15% Increased Attack Speed
10% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Open Wounds

Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
Defense: 481
Durability: 44 of 60
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x4aa60c16
+75% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Maximum All Resistances
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+4 to Light Radius
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons

Magewrath
Rune Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 87
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 73
Required Level: 43
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x79ca7a79
+10 to Dexterity
+150% Enhanced Damage
+35 to Minimum Damage
+75 to Maximum Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 30
15% Mana stolen per hit
+3 to Guided Arrow (Amazon Only)
Hit Blinds Target +0
150% Bonus to Attack Rating

And
05_Tuksu_99.png

m4ke

GoMule supports only current characters. ATMA V it is with 1.07.

m4ke

Okay, but by 'only current' you mean v1.10+, right?

but atma can corrupt your 1.07 characters if items have certain affixes, or are certain runewords (any runewords?). IDK which affixes, but others might chime in or there is probably a list somewhere.

I knew about runewords but not affixes.

It's not all runewords, but apparently only some. I had a character file get corrupted due to Bramble in a wyrmhide (I kept backups), but that's the only one. I have an ancient's pledge and have had no issues with it.

Freezes Target will corrupt your characters. Runewords will also corrupt characters. Ancient's Pledge possibly works, haven't tested it myself.

I did not know about "freezes target." Thanks!

Also if I recall correctly the barb merc has some interesting mechanics where 1-handed weapon damage is increased by some amount, but I'm not very sure about this at all.
To quote Fruit from the old board:
If he uses Bash or Stun with a one-handed sword, his base damage is:
hireling_damage + item_damage + item_damage - 1
So, yes, his item damage gets doubled, and then 1 is subtracted.

However, when he does not use Bash or Stun, it actually gets even worse, because when he does not use these skills, then his damage from monstats.txt is added as well.
On Hell, this damage is a juicy 69-92, basically an extra weapon.

When using a two-handed sword, this doubling does not happen, and no monstats damage is added.

It's not all runewords, but apparently only some. I had a character file get corrupted due to Bramble in a wyrmhide (I kept backups), but that's the only one. I have an ancient's pledge and have had no issues with it.
It's all runewords, but only if you move them with ATMA. If you don't touch them, you can mule onto and off the character with no issue. Dito for Hit Freezes Target, although that one has a pop-up warning when you open the character.
Of course, Bramble's the only worthwhile runeword, and it loses value fast enough. There're only three items with Hit Freezes Target, two irrelevant weapon and an armor that is only interesting for a melee doing cow level. So overall, you won't usually have any problematic items on a character.
What would be the best base for Barb Merc (for crafting)? 1H or 2H ie CB or MS?
What's best for a merc depends on the class (and what you want to do with it). For a Sorc, Crushing Blow for killing LIs is strongest, which means Coldsteel Eye or Bul Katho's Sacred Charge. A physical char probably gets the most mileage out of a fast weapon with AD proc, making the best realistic weapon a crafted phase blade (problematic dex req though) - if they're using an a5 merc at all and not a Rogue. Javazon... probably doesn't care! 😏

It's all runewords, but only if you move them with ATMA. If you don't touch them, you can mule onto and off the character with no issue. Dito for Hit Freezes Target, although that one has a pop-up warning when you open the character.
Of course, Bramble's the only worthwhile runeword, and it loses value fast enough. There're only three items with Hit Freezes Target, two irrelevant weapon and an armor that is only interesting for a melee doing cow level. So overall, you won't usually have any problematic items on a character.
Does this apply for Ancient's Pledge as well? I've seen some conflicting information about it, and haven't tested it myself.

Yeah, I have the same question.

I only have two runewords in 1.07: Bramble and Ancient's Pledge. I've never had an issue with AP, but maybe I've never tried moving it in ATMA. I could make a backup and test it out, though.

I'm about to start working on a Pat thread, so I'm not going to right now, but maybe tomorrow.

1000 sapphires so far. Will roll them with clvl18 guy in July or so, when I have good enough internet to stream my inevitable failure to achieve a fcr/mf/mf/mpk rare ring :D

The results of two trades and 125 hours on one rack + one campfire.

1000 sapphires.png

Ancient's Pledge And ATMA.. I racked 3os Pavise and wasted my runes to test =)

I created a dummy char who carried the shield and the runes. AP created ok. S&E. ATMA opened char ok, no warnings. I moved AP in the inventory and saved. All ok so far. Went to game again and AP was gone. It was gone in ATMA too.

In short: AP didnt corrupt my char but ATMA made it disappear. I didn't test to stash it.

m4ke

>@jimsfriend afaik bugged mpk can only occur on magic rings

Because we've never seen it on a rare ring, or because someone has read the code and seen that it doesn't work on a rare ring? Or do we have posted example somewhere of a rare ring with mpk and cold res both showing?

What is a good route for an assassin? Doesn't look like any of the blade skills add damage in 1.07.

Death Sentry + SM + Phoenix?

>@jimsfriend afaik bugged mpk can only occur on magic rings

Because we've never seen it on a rare ring, or because someone has read the code and seen that it doesn't work on a rare ring? Or do we have posted example somewhere of a rare ring with mpk and cold res both showing?
@WoRG has a bugged rare MPK ring and I have one where it didn't bug, so both outcomes are possible.

• Wow
Reactions: d2lover
I have a bugged rare as well. However, its only 10 MPK, which is odd (impossible?) on a blue. I will have to check if it has any +CR%.
If it's bugged the range should be +(7-37), your roll was just unlucky. :unsure:

Cows gave me IIRC my very first Fortuitous of Fortune ring. The roll sucks but so what =) What's the max MF you can get on these?

01_ring.png

m4ke

• Sad
Reactions: d2lover
@D2DC >I have a bugged rare as well.

I would *love* to see it :3

40 is max MF for the ring.

@art_vandelay I'd be interested to see your failed rare mpk ring as well.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High