1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Also, is hell Andy with at least 556% MF the best way to get Saracen's?

m4ke and I made a calculator for the MF caps, you can find it in my signature. It shows that you only really need 549 MF to guarantee for any amulet from Andy to be unique. Also in my signature is a link to an (empty) grail sheet that includes the best act bosses for all unique items that those can drop (as well as the rackability of all unique and set items).

Forwarded 1.00 gloves are the best MF gloves for 1.07, with up to 34 MF.

As for weapon craft bases, it really depends on what you want. I think the only ones relevant for 1.10+ are assassin claws, everything else is surpassed by RWs. For 1.07-1.09 use, there's a couple of crafted weapons that are the best or among the best, but some of those are ridiculously rare. I think the best chance to get something useful is by crafting amazon javelins and ~bows, as they have no real competition - Titan's isn't good in 1.07, and elite unique bows are literally unobtainable. Colossus Blades work as both main-hand (with ED, IAS, and AD proc) and off-hand weapons (with AD Proc and resis/mastery skills), and you don't need a crazy combination of mods for it to be a good MH weapon for a WW Barb.

Note: if you want to guarantee 4 affixes for crafts made from Qual-Kehk's quest, you need to do the ancient's quest on all three difficulties for the rushees, and have a crafter of lvl87+. I've actually started saving the quest on my rushees for 1.08 for caster amulets, instead of using them in 1.07 for weapon crafts.

Some elite Polearm (1.09 Druid weapon maybe?)
A crafted Giant Thresher for Fury Wolves, maybe. As far as I know the Eth rune bug wasn't fixed until 1.10, which makes a magical Cruel Feral Axe of Quickness with Shae(l)x3+Eth the best werebear Druid weapon of 1.07-1.09, as that's the only weapon that reaches 4 frames speed in werebear form while having a socket slot for Eth free.

Last edited:
As for weapon craft bases, it really depends on what you want. I think the only ones relevant for 1.10+ are assassin claws, everything else is surpassed by RWs. For 1.07-1.09 use, there's a couple of crafted weapons that are the best or among the best, but some of those are ridiculously rare. I think the best chance to get somethign useful is by crafting are amazon javelins and ~bows, as they have no real competition - Titan's isn't good in 1.07, and elite unique bows are literally unobtainable. Colossus Blades work as both main-hand (with ED, IAS, and AD proc) and off-hand weapons (with AD Proc and resis/mastery skills), although unless you're playing a lot of 8 player games, you'll probably have to craft thousands of weapons to get one for the MH that's better than Grandfather+Arreat's.

A crafted Giant Thresher for Fury Wolves, maybe. As far as I know the Eth rune bug wasn't fixed until 1.10, which makes a magical Cruel Feral Axe of Quickness with Shae(l)x3+Eth the best werebear Druid weapon of 1.07-1.09, as that's the only weapon that reaches 4 frames speed in werebear form while having a socket slot for Eth free.
Considering that CB is much stronger in 1.07 I would assume that even dual Bul-Kathos is better than GF + anything. If I recall correctly CB takes off 1/3 of target life and ignores resistances completely. Not reaching 4fpa is a deal breaker in my eyes. (I might have misunderstood what you were trying to say here :D)

Do you have more information on wereform speed in 1.07-1.09? From what I hear it's been changed in 1.10 but I've never seen confirmation. I'd be especially interested in the Fury breakpoints.
For Fury an eth rune in a craft should not be necessary, at least if the AR bonus in 1.07-1.09 is as high as in 1.10+.

1 down, 1 more to go... took only a few hours.

20210402_1.07_HarlequinCrest.jpg

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 284
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 62
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x19d621f0
+100% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Life 40%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels

Some bases that could be worth it:
  • GMB (Reward from Hell Anya, use Amazon rushees to get it)
  • Matriarchal Bow
  • Mythical Sword
  • Colossus Blade
  • Runic Talons
  • Some elite Polearm (1.09 Druid weapon maybe?)
I guess even the best ones will not be good enough in 1.10+ with Grief and other stuff available so you'll want to craft stuff you can use in 1.07-1.09.

Andariel with 556% MF has 1 in 483 chance at Saracen's which is the highest in 1.07.

m4ke and I made a calculator for the MF caps, you can find it in my signature. It shows that you only really need 549 MF to guarantee for any amulet from Andy to be unique. Also in my signature is a link to an (empty) grail sheet that includes the best act bosses for all unique items that those can drop (as well as the rackability of all unique and set items).

Forwarded 1.00 gloves are the best MF gloves for 1.07, with up to 34 MF.

As for weapon craft bases, it really depends on what you want. I think the only ones relevant for 1.10+ are assassin claws, everything else is surpassed by RWs. For 1.07-1.09 use, there's a couple of crafted weapons that are the best or among the best, but some of those are ridiculously rare. I think the best chance to get somethign useful is by crafting are amazon javelins and ~bows, as they have no real competition - Titan's isn't good in 1.07, and elite unique bows are literally unobtainable. Colossus Blades work as both main-hand (with ED, IAS, and AD proc) and off-hand weapons (with AD Proc and resis/mastery skills), although you'll probably have to craft thousands of weapons to get one for the MH that's better than Bul Kathos' Sacred Charge. Edited.

Note: if you want to guarantee 4 affixes for crafts made from Qual-Kehk's quest, you need to do the ancient's quest on all three difficulties for the rushees, and have a crafter of lvl87+. I've actually started saving the quest on my rushees for 1.08 for caster amulets, instead of using them in 1.07 for weapon crafts.

Thanks, both of you! I was afraid Grief etc would be too powerful, what a bummer. I still cannot get the image of awesome crafted bow out of my head.... for which 1.10+ build would those crated claws be suitable?

Considering that CB is much stronger in 1.07 I would assume that even dual Bul-Kathos is better than GF + anything. If I recall correctly CB takes off 1/3 of target life and ignores resistances completely. Not reaching 4fpa is a deal breaker in my eyes. (I might have misunderstood what you were trying to say here :D)
I could've sworn Shae'd Grandfather got to 4 frames, but that doesn't seem to be correct. That does actually significantly lower the bar for when a craft is good. BKSC is nice, but needs a Shae rune to get to 4 frames, which means either missing a bunch of attacks, or wearing Arreat's - in which case a craft + Gulli doesn't need much to surpass that. Actually, even a blue weapon can easily be better (I actually leveled my Barb with a 294% cruel CB of Swiftness, socketed with Eth/Shae/Ith/Ith). I edited my post accordingly. Thanks!
Do you have more information on wereform speed in 1.07-1.09? From what I hear it's been changed in 1.10 but I've never seen confirmation. I'd be especially interested in the Fury breakpoints.
I made a calculator based on a post on the machanics on indiablo.de, and actually tested things ingame by using a BPM measurement app. I can't test Fury that way, but from what I have read and tested, the basics are the same. Feral Rage got buffed in 1.10 with a weird speed increase that kicks in when hitting something, but that's the only difference I explicitly know of. I wouldn't necessarily trust the speeds for Hunger and Rabies, but who cares, right?
For Fury an eth rune in a craft should not be necessary, at least if the AR bonus in 1.07-1.09 is as high as in 1.10+.
Im not sure when that bug was fixed, but at least in 1.07, Fury suffers from the "if the first attack misses, all attacks are made but auto-miss" bug that also plagues Zeal. That means a miss results in doing no attacks (and thus no leeching) in ~23 frames, I'm not sure that's healthy. The AR bonus seems to be the same as later, but without the AR bonus from Raven Frost, I don't think the accuracy is that good.

Not sure if this one is just overlooked or not known? But, it has double the +Vit of the 1.10+ version. Ethereal would have been nice..
I guess no one cares, because it's just not worth the weapon slot. It drops all the time from Baal Hell with ~550+ MF, so it's not hard to get an eth one, but I don't see who would want to wear it.

Last edited:
Reactions: D2DC
I guess no one cares, because it's just not worth the weapon slot. It drops all the time from Baal Hell with ~550+ MF, so it's not hard to get an eth one, but I don't see who would want to wear it.
The item exists, and is different than current patch. -> Therefore, I must find a use for it! :LOL:

The item exists, and is different than current patch. -> Therefore, I must find a use for it! :LOL:
I take it your Barb wears The Jade Tan Do in his off-hand? I mean, with Raven Frost bugging the char when it procs during WW, it makes kinda sense to get CBF from that dagger! 😂

• Haha

This is the way.

I have a fondness for regeneration, and that's one of the highest out there as well. Mix in some PDR and I'm sure there is a build out there perfect for running something. There always is!

• Love
I could've sworn Shae'd Grandfather got to 4 frames, but that doesn't seem to be correct. That does actually significantly lower the bar for when a craft is good. BKSC is nice, but needs a Shae rune to get to 4 frames, which means either missing a bunch of attacks, or wearing Arreat's - in which case a craft + Gulli doesn't need much to surpass that. Actually, even a blue weapon can easily be better (I actually leveled my Barb with a 294% cruel CB of Swiftness, socketed with Eth/Shae/Ith/Ith). I edited my post accordingly. Thanks!
Well you first have to get a Cruel of (IAS suffix) and then be lucky with the socket roll. Racking BK seems easier to me :p But you're right, blues are the next best thing to crafts.

I made a calculator based on a post on the machanics on indiablo.de, and actually tested things ingame by using a BPM measurement app. I can't test Fury that way, but from what I have read and tested, the basics are the same. Feral Rage got buffed in 1.10 with a weird speed increase that kicks in when hitting something, but that's the only difference I explicitly know of. I wouldn't necessarily trust the speeds for Hunger and Rabies, but who cares, right?
Is this the thread series titled "Bewegungs-und-Animationsgeschwindigkeiten" by Titanseal? I think that applies to 1.10+ only.

If the thing you say about Feral Rage is true then it probably is nowhere near as good as in 1.10+.

Im not sure when that bug was fixed, but at least in 1.07, Fury suffers from the "if the first attack misses, all attacks are made but auto-miss" bug that also plagues Zeal. That means a miss results in doing no attacks (and thus no leeching) in ~23 frames, I'm not sure that's healthy. The AR bonus seems to be the same as later, but without the AR bonus from Raven Frost, I don't think the accuracy is that good.
I never felt something like that for Zeal in 1.09+, so I guess it might have been fixed by then. Do you actually consider building a Druid in 1.07?

And Eth bug was fixed in 1.10. Check out gems.txt for 1.07-1.09 and then for 1.10+, the sign on the weapon bonus for Eth literally changes.

Update time.

Atma's Wail:
01_Atma's_Wail.jpg
Toothrow:
02_Toothrow.jpg
Hand of Blessed Light:
03_Hand_of_Blessed_Light.jpg

Code:
Atma's Wail
Embossed Plate
Defense: 668
Durability: 31 of 105
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 51
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x965196c
+15 to Dexterity
+120% Enhanced Defense
+50 Maximum Durability
Replenish Life +10
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Defense (2 per Character Level)

Toothrow
Sharktooth Armor
Defense: 877
Durability: 38 of 48
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x7109c1ec
+10 to Strength
+200% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense
Fire Resist +15%
Attacker Takes Damage of 20
40% Chance of Open Wounds

Hand of Blessed Light
Divine Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 70 to 170
Durability: 64 of 70
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 42
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x3d430280
+150% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+75 to Maximum Damage
Regenerate Mana 15%
+50 Defense
+4 to Light Radius
+3 to Holy Bolt (Paladin Only)
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead

m4ke

Well you first have to get a Cruel of (IAS suffix) and then be lucky with the socket roll. Racking BK seems easier to me
Well, just a cruel CB with 3 sockets would've worked, too, actually; there're a bunch of suffixes that would've been better (especially 'of AD') - I just went with the first Cruel one that got enough sockets. To be honest, the knockback on BKSC always drove me off before (I never even tried it a Barb until just before my last post). Plus, I wouldn't like to wear BKSC without Arreat's, which takes longer to rack than such a weapon to shop...
Is this the thread series titled "Bewegungs-und-Animationsgeschwindigkeiten" by Titanseal? I think that applies to 1.10+ only.
Yes. It's written for 1.10+, but I'm rather sure that the majority is correct for 1.07, too - as I've said, I tested my homemade calculator that's based on that thread by manually measuring the animation speed. Doesn't work as well for sequence attacks like Zeal or Fury, and not at all for WW, of course.
The Feral Rage info is from that thread, too. When 'attacking the air', Feral Rage in 1.07 is as fast as regular attack, although that's true for 1.10+, too. Rabies and Hunger both are faster than a regular attack, they should work as in 1.10+

Opon testing, the chain-of-misses seems to have already been fixed in 1.07. I apologize. Fruit mentioned desync issues on the old boards, and there's something about that in the 1.09 patch notes, but I'm not sure how bad these are and if they appear in true singleplayer.
I do have a Druid, a Maul bear. He's wielding a shopped Giant Thresher (again a far from optimal one, it's actually not even a Cruel one, but it had to have 4 sockets and at least 30 IAS and there's only so much shopping I can stomach). It's my only char with an A2 merc, because without that Feral Axe, which I only later realized would actually be better, I can actually make use of both auras. The char is actually pretty good!

Last edited:
Does the current version of GoMule work on 1.07 characters? I've been using ATMA, but that's largely because I just recently restarted with an archive from over 10 years ago. I have GoMule R0.3 right now.

Does GoMule have the potential to bork a character using runewords?

(Maybe this would be better suited to the tech support thread....)

GoMule supports only current characters. ATMA V it is with 1.07.

m4ke

but atma can corrupt your 1.07 characters if items have certain affixes, or are certain runewords (any runewords?). IDK which affixes, but others might chime in or there is probably a list somewhere.

Freezes Target will corrupt your characters. Runewords will also corrupt characters. Ancient's Pledge possibly works, haven't tested it myself.

@art_vandelay I'm confuced ! I was burning Tir runes from my stash to craft some Lesser Blood Gloves. I used this as a reference but something doens't match now.

That guide says:
Code:
Notes: Vampirebone Gloves are NOT shoppable.
Alvl=59. This means they just miss the +3 skilltab affixes…but can still be awesome, with
20%IAS, +2 skilltab, and possibly 30%+ Lifeleech!
on Greater Blood Gloves.

Now I got these:
Code:
Loath Hand
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 5
Durability: 8 of 14
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x7452c540
+13 to Life
+11 to Attack Rating
Poison Resist +29%
1% Life stolen per hit
6% Chance of Crushing Blow
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

So Heavy Gloves can but Vampirebone Gloves can not?

m4ke

@art_vandelay I'm confuced ! I was burning Tir runes from my stash to craft some Lesser Blood Gloves. I used this as a reference but something doens't match now.

That guide says:
Code:
Notes: Vampirebone Gloves are NOT shoppable.
Alvl=59. This means they just miss the +3 skilltab affixes…but can still be awesome, with
20%IAS, +2 skilltab, and possibly 30%+ Lifeleech!
on Greater Blood Gloves.

Now I got these:
Code:
Loath Hand
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 5
Durability: 8 of 14
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x7452c540
+13 to Life
+11 to Attack Rating
Poison Resist +29%
1% Life stolen per hit
6% Chance of Crushing Blow
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

So Heavy Gloves can but Vampirebone Gloves can not?

m4ke
Heavy Gloves are qlvl 7 so they have alvl = max(ilvl; 7)-3. That means you need ilvl 63 or higher for the lvl 60 affix with +3 Skilltab. Your gloves are level 64 so that is enough.

Vampirebone Gloves are qlvl 69 so they have alvl = max(ilvl; 69)-10 and the max ilvl on a craft with a stashed rune is 65 which means alvl is always 69-10 = 59.

On a side note that means your character is lvl 97 or higher in order to be able to craft such a high ilvl with a stashed rune. You do a lot of cows? :p

Last edited:
On a side note that means your character is lvl 97 or higher in order to be able to craft such a high ilvl with a stashed rune. You do a lot of cows?
Thats my second 1.07 char, my Zon =) She has done lots of cows while leveling other chars. And lately Baal's waves when my Sorc has been cheesing Baal.

Oh and thanks for the info. Next I'll craft 10% CB, 20% IAS, 20+% LL gloves. With or without +3 skilltab =)

m4ke

Reactions: art_vandelay
Speaking of Crafting. What weapon bases do you keep in stash in case of Ort dropping? ATM I have none so I'm not prepared..

m4ke

Edit: What would be the best base for Barb Merc (for crafting)? 1H or 2H ie CB or MS?

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High