It is announced THIS VERY MOMENT! Remake is coming!

Helvete

Mar 13, 2020
And it looks awesome! Go check out blizzconline if you don't believe me!

They call it a remaster, but it has long been rumored that they lost the source code years ago, so remake would be more appropriate.

Diablo II Resurrected

Far closer to the OG than I would have expected. I really wonder how breakpoints will work. There's a pretty good chance there will be more of them, like you'd get improvement on sorc/barb cast rate between 105% and 199% which is not the case in the OG. Unless they put in barriers in the code...

Had this computer for 11 years soon, and this game will be why I replace it.

Reactions: D2DC
Looks very good! TBH, hopefully they do away with breakpoints as well, modernizing the game. Makes sense that as long you put in more FCR/IAS gear, the DPS increases accordingly.

EDIT: Would be cool if they revert rune drops chance to 1.11 levels too. Wanna see how well they cope with dupers. Haha!!

Of course I'll definitely play it anyway, but judging from the vid below it will have a different feel to it... either that or they made the demo with total crap gear, no IAS, FCR and so on. :D

I'm assuming none of our existing chars/gear will be usable, and if so it won't be a full switch for me most likely, but for sure I'll be questing a bit. Going to take forever before it comes out anyway.

Also, a friend of mine got me into PoE this week... big mistake. :)

Reactions: Jpy and Swamigoon
I wouldn't be toooo hyped yet. The new stash has 10x10 squares and a shared area, that is sure to break compatibility with GoMule and ATMA.
It also says nothing about whether one can forward characters from 1.14d to D2:R or if it has a Single Player Mode. :unsure:

Still very skeptical on my end. I guess we will know by the end of the year...

I’m also sceptical. It is going to be on all consoles. I predict all icing, no cake.

@art_vandelay Not sure if you were responding to me, but I strongly assume none of our SP stuff can be used, no hype at all in that regard. ;) But that's no reason not to play the new game!
Well I don't know about that... the fact that you can switch freely between the old and new graphics makes me think that a lot of stuff will be the same under the hood. So it might very well be that a lot of tools could still work, just with a bit of tweaking. I know for a fact that there are versions of GoMule for mods with bigger stashes out there. So it's not impossible, it's just gonna require work to get everything up and running.

I wonder if they call this version 2.0 or 1.15, either way, new time travel content! 🥳

Reactions: D2DC
After the warcraft reforged disaster, I'll also remain sceptical until release.

If old saves will be incompatible, the only appeal for me would be in rebalanced or new content (skills, items), mechanic fixes... and it doesn't look like this is happening. Makes you wonder how the whole wide screen thing works with the current spell system (especially TPing). There's going to be so much more space on the horizontal axis.

After the warcraft reforged disaster, I'll also remain sceptical until release.

If old saves will be incompatible, the only appeal for me would be in rebalanced or new content (skills, items), mechanic fixes... and it doesn't look like this is happening. Makes you wonder how the whole wide screen thing works with the current spell system (especially TPing). There's going to be so much more space on the horizontal axis.
TP range can be limited to a radius. I'm interested whether the Anya Bug will be fixed :p . More importantly the Eth bug too. This is such an interesting one, that even Mods are unable to get around.

Wow it looks awesome. I honestly think it looks like its going to be good. Less ambitious than the warcraft 3 debacle and such. I just dont want to pay for a new game... or a computer that can run it well 😅. That being said, I won't think much about anything in alpha, will just wait to see how it shakes out. But yeah I'm impressed. Looks much better than anything I expected they'd do with d2 (really I'm surprised they took the time to do anything with d2).

EDIT: dbrunski125's video on it basically says it's the old game running under a 3d rendering, so we should have our same ebug'd armor, qbugged andy, and 25fps based breakpoints, which I think is GREAT. I don't trust blizzard, or really anyone tbh to make changes. I just realllly like the game the way it is. So I always said I basically just wanted a frame interpolated and pixel smoothed remaster. Seems like this is just a more impressive version of that. Getting a bit pumped. No in-game microtransactions too. And ofc I hope there's offline SP. Not having that would be a major buzzkill.

Last edited:
Reactions: pharphis
There will be offline play. Just finished watching that part of the show. I'm more hopeful than ever that this will be a good game, perhaps even ever so slightly topping the old one. The development team seem to have the right idea.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High