Meet the Rune Finders – 2021 Spring RFL

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
Meet the Rune Finders threads are for showing off your character from the corresponding RFL, similar to Meet the Olympians threads from the MFOs. You can include whatever details you want; it's a chance to brag on your runner or just to show them off.

The difference, of course, is that there are three RFL rounds, so I will edit this post and put in a direct link to first post with characters from Round 2 and Round 3 once we get there.

There is so much great theorycrafting and nice demonstration vids posted in progress threads. If people have time and the inclination, I thought it would be cool to give everyone a chance to post some of that content along with character readouts and musings here for ease of reference in the future.

2021 RFL sign up and progress threads, and results threads:
Round 1 – Moo Moo (Sign Up and Progress / Results)
Round 2 – Travincal (Sign Up and Progress / Results)
Round 3 – Areas (Sign Up and Progress / Results)

Last edited:
Reactions: saracen85 and D2DC
I ran the exact same char/setup as last year, so I'm going to be super lazy and copy/paste his gear here again and add some thoughts below. Looking forward to seeing some people's new characters though!

--

I ran this round with my HC 99er Fire Druid. Not much to tell about him really, he is a straight fire druid, using primarily Fissure with some Firestorm mixed in for tough bosses. I run him at the 99fcr breakpoint, and he is obviously based a bit more for survival than speed. I haven't tinkered with his equipment at all since hitting 99, and it is as follows:

Equipment
Head: Ravenlore socketed with +4/-5 Fire Facet
Body: 'Enigma' Breast Plate
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
Gloves: Magefist
Boots: Rare Boots (FR/LR/MF)
Main Weapon: 'HoTo' Flail
Main Shield: 'Phoenix' Monarch
Amulet:
Code:
Rune Collar
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x8c7c3a41
Item Level: 91
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+9% Faster Cast Rate
+26 to Strength
+15 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
Cold Resist +19%
Fire Resist +7%
Rings: Nature's Peace + Rare FCR/FR ring
Switch: CtA (+6BO)/Spirit

Charms: 4 Elemental skillers, the rest are +life and/or +resist SCs

Mercenary:
Razan - Might (to speed up killing of FIs)
Head: Delerium
Body: CoH (Archon Plate)
Wep: Infinity (Eth GPA)

--

He is super safe, and decently fast at ~4min/run. He's not going to win any speed competitions, but it's fast enough to stay competitive. Could probably be faster if I didn't use Delerium and focused more on proper herding, but I like how it pulls cows in from all directions and leads them over the fissure mats Klaus has already laid down. It's also comfy, and I'm used to it, so those count for a lot in HC. He has been extremely solid for me in the cow level over the years I've used him, and I definitely recommend the build for someone who wants something super safe in cows (if they aren't worried about ultimate efficiency, of course).

One of these days I'll re-visit his gear and try to gear him specifically for Cow running since that's all he really does anymore.

Thanks to the kind generosity of @Pb_pal, I was able to run with a blizzard sorceress. His giveaway gave me lots of options to choose from, but I ended up going with the following setup:

Shako (pTopaz)
Tal Rasha's Guardianship (pTopaz)
Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
Trang-Oul's Bracers
War Traveler
HoTo Flail
Spirit Monarch
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Raven Frost
Rare Ring: 10FCR, Fire resist

4 Cold Skillers, Gheeds, resist/life/mf SCs

Defiance Merc:
Andariel's Visage (Ral)
Fortitude Dusk Shroud
Insight Giant Thresher

Runs started out averaging around 5 minutes, but I was able to get the average down to around 4.5 minutes near the end. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) collect the runes for Infinity from the council, since the cows gave out no Ber runes.

I ran cows with my javazon. Name is Penthe (from the kingkiller chronicles books), and she's level 95. I respeced to use upped titans in order to stack a lot of mana leech as well as mpk. Huge focus on mana upkeep and I don't regret that at all. Makes her so much nicer to play in my opinion.

Equipment
Helm - Griffons (15ias/3mpk)
Amulet - 2 zon 8fcr 8 mana leech
Weapon - Upped titans
Body - Engima
Shield - Spirit
Gloves - 2/20 rares, eth self-rep, 25mf, 38 mana
Ring1 - 6 mana leech, 1mpk , life, energy, and light res
Ring2 - Ravenfrost
Belt - Razortail
Boots - Silkweave
Charms - A few skillers with life, a few scs with life and mana
Merc - Defiance, Andy's, Fort, Infinity

Video

Efficiency
I got around 122 p7 cows per minute (equivalent to ~138 p5 cows per minute), which is nothing crazy by SPF standards, but is by far my best result (think I was getting more like 100 last year). And I think the javazon is probably the easiest character to do well with in the cow level, but I may try harder to get decent with necro next time I'm running cows.

I ran with Corum, a respecced Poison Nova necro. I managed to get hit 125FCR with a recent craft.

Skills:
Amplify Damage: 6/21
Dim Vision: 1/16
Confuse: 1/16
Attract: 1/16

Teeth: 1/21
Bone Armor: 1/21
Poison Dagger: 20/40
Corpse Explosion: 20/40
Bone Wall: 1/21
Poison Explosion: 20/40

Skeleton Mastery: 1/14
Raise Skeleton: 1/14
Clay Golem: 1/14
Golem Mastery: 1/14
Raise Skeletal Mage: 1/14
Blood Golem: 1/14
Summon Resist: 1/14
Iron Golem: 1/14
Fire Golem: 1/14
Revive: 1/14

I'm not sure why I have 1 in all summons.

Equipment:
Weapon: Death’s Web
Shield: Spirit

Switch : Call to Arms & Spirit

Helm: 2 Necro, 20FCR, 20RA, 2os
Armour: Enigma
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Boots: Aldur's Advance
Gloves: Trang Oul's Claws

Amulet: Crafted 2 Necro, 20FCR
Ring 1: 30 MPK 10 FCR
Ring 2: Beta BKWB

Inventory: 2x Fungal of Balance, 5x Fungal with life, Life + Mana SCs

Run times were about 3min 40s.

Last edited:
My Lightning Fury javelin tosser was named Litas. Level 86 when she started, to level 88 after twenty hours of approx. 7-minute cow runs, almost all of which were under /players 1. I'm pretty sure Silospen's run counter undercounted her runs, but not by much - I think she probably completed somewhere between 125 and 140 total runs in her 20 hours. That's a small fraction of my competitors' efficiencies, but I was insanely lucky with that Zod about 8 hours in, and I think that's the primary reason I scored so well in the first round.

Fellow SPFers! Please keep finding your ways to have fun with us. Maybe you aren't yet getting magnificent "many hundreds of cows slaughtered per minute," or "high-players-count with under 5 minutes per run" results. I'm certainly not yet skilled at that level, but during a tournament, anything can happen - you too may get your turn to pick up your Zod!

Litas' skills:
  • One skill point in Pierce (one more in each of its two prerequisites),
  • another point in Jab (I only used it when I *had* to defeat a lightning-immune unique),
  • a point in each poison javelin prerequisite skill, and
  • the rest in lightning skills (currently 20 points in each of LB/CS/LS/LF, and 13 points in Power Strike).

Litas' Kit:
  • Valkyrie Wing unique winged helm,
  • Twitchthroe unique studded leather,
  • Razortail unique sharkskin belt,
  • rare demonhide gloves (+2 J&S skills, +20% IAS, 3% life stolen per hit),
  • rare greaves (+30% FRW, some cold and poison resists),
  • Crescent Moon unique amulet,
  • two magic (blue) scintillating rings (+15 resists each),
  • Lidless Wall unique grim shield and Stormchaser unique scutum (I or II switch)
  • Titan's Revenge unique ceremonial javelins (both I and II switch)
  • a couple of Harpoonist's grand charms
Might mercenary's kit: Woestave unique ethereal great poleaxe, Rockstopper unique sallet, Shaftstop unique mesh armor.

My toon is a retired Fishyzon which I dusted off and twinked on CTA/Phoenix weapon switch and Infinity Merc setup. No respecs, not even re-hiring to a more efficient merc:p

Nowhere near efficient at all; no Griff, no Enigma, no additional 40+ points into LF synergies. At the end of the day, I wanted to find out whether Cows pay off rune-wise with extended run times (My best prior find was a Mal, I think).

Equipment
Helm - Shako (ias)
Body - Eth Skullders (ias)
Belt - Razortail
Gloves - Java 3/20
Boots - War Trav

Amulet - Crafted

Bitter Wing
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0xcdfc3ebf
Item Level: 92
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+10% Faster Run/Walk
2% Life stolen per hit
+19 to Life
All Resistances +20
Poison Resist +12%

Ring1 - Ravenfrost
Ring2 - Rare

Raven Circle
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x50fd9fd
Item Level: 91
6% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Energy
All Resistances +11
Fire Resist +19%
+1 to Mana after each Kill

Weapon (Main)- Titans/Spirit
Weapon (Switch) - CTA/Phoenix (*Originally Wizendraw)

Inventory - 8x Skillers/Cube/Portal Tome/Keys/MF SC

Merc - HF, Tals/Fort/Infinity (*Originally Tals/Duriels/Insight)

Infern-Treuzell (lvl 91) Fissure Druid - "Hell-Gateway", I've only had to do this a couple times, where I combined two words I looked up to make up the name I want. If anybody speaks Breton, and can give me any pointers, I'm all ears!

Equipment:
- Ravenlore (-12% EFR with +4/-4 facet)
- 'HotO' Flail
- 'Phoenix' Monarch (TFT @hackedagainanda!)
- 'Enigma' Ring Mail
- Magefist
- Arachnid's Mesh
- Sandstorm Trek
- 2x +10% FCR rings (+resists, STR)
- 1.07 (prismatic) +3 Elemental/+26 HP amulet

+8 Natural GCs, Misc +resist/MFSC (+10% FHR)

Merc: A2 Might
- Ethereal Andy's Visage (w/Garnet jewel of Fervor)
- Ethereal 'Fortitude' Balrog Skin
- Ethereal 'Infinity' Thresher

Level 94 Necromancer Vector - Poison Nova/CE

Equipment:
2/20 FCR Rare Coronet socketed with +3 MPK jewel
2/-50 DWeb with +5/-5 Poison Facet
Enigma Light Plate
Spirit Monarch
2/10 FCR Amulet with +84 Mana
2x 10 FCR Rings with +Life and +Mana
Trang Oul's Gloves
Arachnid Mesh
Silkweave
3x PnB GCs w/ Life
Cube in Inventory
CTA/Spirit on switch

A2 Might Merc:
Andy's/Fortitude/Infinity

Didn't run much as mentioned in the other threads. Except for a handful of Trapper and Necro runs, I mostly used Nova Sorc with a bit of Java mixed in.

Nova/ES Sorc (94):
  • 24/20 faceted Griffon's
  • CM axe
  • Zod'ed eth Arkaine's Valor
  • Spirit
  • 2x SoJ
  • +3 Lightning skills, 10 FCR magic amulet
  • Arach
  • Silkweave
  • Magefist
  • CtA/Spirit switch
  • Inventory: 6x Lightning/life skillers, some life/mana SCs, cube, ID tome
  • Merc (Defiance): Andy, ebug Fortitude, Infinity
  • Build: 20 Nova, 20 LM, 20 Warmth, 20 TK, 1 armor, pre-reqs, rest static field
Loving Arkaine's for this. Last year I used one with -req/MPK jewel but after making the Zod'ed one for the Zod sept I swapped this one in. Resulted in a nice buff to defense with Defiance Merc, very handy for the close-up action with Nova Sorc.

Javazon (95):
  • 3x Titan's (2x eth upped, 1x non-eth non-upped, 1x on char, 1x in inventory, 1x in stash)
  • Enigma
  • Cham'ed 20/14 Griffon's
  • +2 Amazon, 20 FCR craft ammy
  • HHG with IAS/@ and 2x facet socketed
  • 2x FCR/ML/LL rings with mana and other adds
  • Razortail
  • +3 J&S, 20 IAS gloves
  • Silkweave
  • CtA/Spirit switch for 99 FCR teleport BP
  • Inventory: 6x J&S skillers (3 with life), life/mana SCs, cube, ID tome
  • Merc (Defiance): Andy, ebug Fortitude, Infinity
  • Build: 1pt Pierce, D/A/E, pre-reqs, rest LF + synergies
Unchanged for a couple of years now. I did consider including another facet via a Monarch, (and with IAS/MPK jewel) but HHG is good enough and just comfy with the extra LPK.

I used standard javazon build with upped titans, enigma, silkweave, vamp gaze, hlw, spirit, ravenfrost for cbf, soj, and magefist to make next for breakpoint. Vamp and silk were more then enough to not have any mana issue's.

Merc infinity thresher, andariels with a 15ias / forgettable mod jewel and an eth treachery.

After watching someone else vid I think I just gotta not be so slow grouping and then when killing them move on quicker. I tend to try to make the perfect fat ball of a herd and then kill every last one (which doesn't take too long at that point) and stare at loot too long.

But its only my first time giving this a shot so I'm just happy with finishing a full set and having a full set of qualifiers to enter.

I think il do much better in trav and areas, as the characters im prepping for those im a lot more familiar with

This year I tried 2 different characters at the Cow Farm

I ran for 2 hours 45 minutes with my PNova Necro switching between P3 and P5. Horribly ran that is, run counter says 2:33 avg run time and 49 runs but I think it was more like 35 runs with a few deaths and a few that ran over the 5:30 max between auto game saves. Finds:
Highest rune: Lum
Best Unique: Magefist (Horizons tornado and nords tenderizer for highest quality)
Set Items: Gris Armor, Trangs Armor

Runner Stats:
Name: Ooze
Level 91
Low resists (22/28/8/38)
1152 HP without BO
426 Mana
217 MF

Current Gearing (Twinked)
Shako (PTopaz)
Deaths Web (-49% EPR, Isted)
Trang Shield (UM socketed)
Trang Armor (+4 PD, -4% EPR faceted)
Trang Gloves
Trang Belt
+2 PnB/28 MF Rare Amulet
SoJ
Rare FCR ring
War Trav Boots
5 PnB skillers

Normally run full trangs for hitting things like Trav Council where walking far isn't required. Dropped it here for the actual bonus to cast rate just not being the vamp and for some extra MF

Merc: Prayer
Eth Vamp Gaze
EBugged Fort Kraken shell
Insight Eth Thresher

No teleport, no use of revives, slow runner, could be awesome if I finished tricking him out with gear and learned to play a bit better :p Also I had moved his CtA off and didn't bother to pull it back over...not too smart ;)

---------

The other 17:15 minutes were run with my Untwinked 99er ES/Nova Sorc
Name: Renet Tilley
Level 94
Low Resist but ES so less impact (-21, 32, 18, 5)
HP 1011 after BO
Mana Over 3k after BO
113 MF/105 FCR

Current Gearing:
Shako (PTopaz)
HoTo
35 FCR Spirit
CtA/Spirit on switch
Enlightenment (wanted the +2 skills to push players up a bit, ended up still running at P1 mostly)
Frostburns
Arachs
+1 Sorc Skills +10 FCR rare amulet
SoJ
Bull Kathos Wedding Band
Silkweaves

Still hunting for griffons so I can wield crescent moon without having to make up so much FCR...and still looking for light skillers...

Merc: Defiance
Eth Blackthorns
Eth Infinity Thresher
EBugged Duress

While I didn't place, I did find all the runes needed for my first Grief this round:
griefRunes.jpg

And....drumroll....
griefRoll.jpg

Quite happy with the roll :) To be used shortly by the Fana Zealot pictured and hopefully see a showing in Round 2 of RFL!

Thanks for reading!

For round 2, I ran my lvl 99 bliz sorc, Arkana (named after a character in the Black Company books). About 6 hours into the set, I siwtched from my vipermagi setup to a blizzard ormus setup to get 10k-11k blizz dmg (pretty good with hoto imo). She felt significantly more fragile than the viper setup, and I had a handful of deaths during the set and the rejuv usage went up. But consistent and safe enough for my taste in sc and the runtimes were quite nice for me.

Equipment
Helm - Nighwings (14csd with +5/-3 facet for 19csd total)
Amulet - 2 sorc/ 19fcr/ 20@/ 31 lres
Weapon - Hoto (40@)
Body - Blizz ormus (11csd with +4/-5 facet for 15csd total)
Shield - 35 Spirit
Gloves - Hellmouth
Ring1 - Stone of jordan
Ring2 - Stone of jordan
Belt - Snowclash
Boots - War Travs
Charms - 6 cold skillers, life/res scs, 4x4 blank space
Merc - Holy Freez, 70@ upped Kiras (ias/low ed jewel), upped Guardian angel (ias/low ed jewel), Infinity

I did try out griffons instead of nwv for a bit to see if the increased static field efficiency made it better than nwv. And from my limited testing, I got slightly slower, but almost the same runtimes with griffs, and I thought the runs felt smoother with nvw. So I just went maximum dmg while maintaining some clear space and some decent resists.

Build is standard full blizz with some extra in static (so I can hit the back members when in my goldfind gear) and nearly maxed cold mastery.

Video

Efficiency
I got 18.74s avg runtime, which I was ecstatic about. Especially compared to my just under 22s runtime last year (same map and character). Resulted in 540 more runs in the set, and that was with being pretty thorough about killing stragglers (avg'd 10.907 council members killed).

I ran my new HC Fanatical Zealot for the Trav round. He was great fun, and extremely safe.

ULSF3Ju.jpg

Standard fanatic zealot build:
20 in Zeal/Sacrifice/Fanat/Holy Shield
rest into Defiance for the defense boost

His weapon of choice is this beautifully rolled Grief:

Code:
Grief
Superior Phase Blade
'EthTirLoMalRal'
One-Hand Damage: 34 to 38
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 59
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x80b227ab
+10% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Attack Rating
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+10 Life after each Kill
33% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +398 Damage
Ignore Target Defense
-25% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
20% Deadly Strike
35% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
1% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
-20% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Socketed (5: 5 used)

The rest of the gear is pretty self-explanatory:
Guillaumes
Enigma
HoZ
LoH/SoE/Gores
Highlord's/Dwarf Star/TEH FROAT

Bunch of Sharp/Fine charms with life and res where needed. 2 columns of empty space for picking. Loads of DS/CB/OW keep things fun.

Merc: Might
Steel Shade
Fortitude
Reapers

As mentioned, he is very fun, and VERY safe. The merc dies occasionally to Conviction, but that could easily be remedied if I geared him out for that a bit better. His runtimes hover around 30-35s depending on how quickly and consistently the merc gets Decrep going. If you want a safe, reliable, fun HC runner for Trav, definitely give one of these guys a go!

My runner was a min-maxed pre-1.12 WW Barb, repurposed with modern conveniences aka Enigma.

Head: Arreats (ED)
Body: Enigma (Replaced Fort)
Belt: Arachs (Replaced SoE)
Gloves: LoH
Boots: Gores
Amulet: Highlords
Ring 1: Ravenfrost

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xe15db7f2
Item Level: 75
+250 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Just showing this off because this guy got so close finding another! (19/250)

Ring 2: FCR rare (Replaced dual-leech rare)

Dread Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x44230a96
Item Level: 30
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+100 to Attack Rating
3% Mana stolen per hit
Lightning Resist +6%
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Weapon 1 & 2 Main: 2x Grief (1x replaced Oath BB)
Weapon 1 & 2 Switch: 2x HoTO

Merc:
Eth Kira's (Ral)
Eth GA (Ral)
Eth Reapers (IAS)

Definitely faster than when I ran with Fort setup. Luckier? Nope!

My berzerker Qursh advanced from level 86 to 88 during RFL round 2.

Torso: Duriel's Shell unique cuirass
Bonce: Veil of Steel unique spired helm
Pelvis: Thundergod's Vigor unique war belt
Clappers: Laying of Hands set bramble mitts
Stompers: Infernostride unique demonhide boots
Amulet: rare "Skull Clasp" (+30 strength, 19 all res)
Rings: unique Dwarf Star (15MDR!), rare "Skull Master" (26 cold res, 25 lightning res)
Weapon: Executioner's Justice unique glorious axe
Switch: twin unique Heart Carver rondels
Crowded backpack: a couple of Expert's grand charms, and small charms with life and/or various damage.

His might mercenary Razan was pretty durable with these: Guardian Angel unique templar coat, Rockstopper unique sallet, and a Tomb Reaver unique cryptic axe with an Amn rune in its only socket.

Skills: maxed berzerk, howl, shout, and axe mastery. Six points in find item (the heart carvers add eight more to this). One point in each of battle cry, battle command, grim ward, natural resistance, increased speed, and prerequisites.

The majority of my Trav runs was done with my new zealot, Theron, who went from level 86 to 93.5.

Skills:
20 Zeal/Sacrifice/Holy Shield/Fanaticism, rest in Defiance (with a 2nd skillpoint into Holy Bolt due to misclick while running)

Gear:
Code:
Grief
Phase Blade
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xb36693e3
Item Level: 81
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+39% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +380
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+174% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-24% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+14 Life after each Kill
Guillaume's (pTopaz)
HoZ (Um)
'Chains of Honor' Dusk Shroud
Laying of Hands
String of Ears
War Travelers
Mara's (20 @)
Raven Frost
Rare ring - 67 AR, 6 ML, 7 LL, 19 FR, 18 PR

Switch - 3 BO CtA, Spirit

40 MF Gheed's, 2 Combat Skillers (one plain, one of sustenance - both found while running)
Multiple SCs of Vita/Good Luck, leaving 3x4 empty space

Might Merc - Kira's, Guardian Angel (Ral), Reaper's (Shael)

I did a small amount of runs with Kral, originally one of my 2 IK WW barbs. I found the freeze on the weapon detrimental to horking, obviously, so I used another Lo rune to make a second Grief and re-kitted him.

Skills:
20 WW/Sword Mastery/BO/Shout
1 Berserk/War Cry/Natural Resistance
2 Find Item
3 Battle Cry

Gear:
The same grief used above as well as this one:
Code:
Grief
Phase Blade
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xa34e9c0a
Item Level: 80
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+39% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +353
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+165% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-22% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+13 Life after each Kill
Arreat's (pTopaz)
'Chains of Honor' Dusk Shroud
Laying of Hands
String of Ears
War Travelers
Mara's (28@)
Raven Frost
Rare ring (same as above)

On switch - Harmony Razor bow for Vigor

20 MF Gheed's (after finding so many trash Gheed's I decided to start equipping lowball ones to eventually replace)
2 Combat Skillers (one plain, one of sustenance - both found while running)
2 Ruby SCs, 1 7MF SC leaving 5x4 empty space

Might Merc - Kira's, Guardian Angel (Ral), Reapers's (Shael)

I must give thanks again to @Pb_pal for his giveaway package. The Chains of Honor and one of the Mara's (I think) is straight from that giveaway.

I installed OBS to record some Trav runs on the zealot, then decided why bother. Who wants to see Enigmaless Zealot Trav runs? Maybe I'll record some runs in the future though.

I started my runs with a freshly made twinked Fana Zealot, Travadin, starting at level 83 and not yet Pat.
I pulled runes together from my various stashes to make my first Grief and first Enigma. I also put a Sanctuary targe for resist stack vs Conviction (and I don't have a HoZ...)
Mostly standard skills, 20 sac, 20 zeal, 20 fana, 20 holy, but dropped addtional skills into Resist Fire for the passive max boost instead of Defiance.
Run times averaged 38 seconds and were very safe...0 deaths. Even the merc with his Guardian Angel/Darksight/Reapers only died maybe 10-12 times...conviction would hit him hard and actually, holy freeze would too as it slowed his leech too much.
Ended at level 90

After 700 runs, I decided I had a full set of qualifiers, it was time to mix it up.
I tried my untwinked bone necro but he was too inefficient so after some 20+ minutes, I switched to my twinked poison necro

Ooze, level 91, full trang's with Death's Web wand and a single 4/4 poison facet.
20 pdagger, 20 pexplo, 20 pnova, 20 CE, 1 pnt each curse, and 4 Golem Master, 3 Fire golem

Fire golem makes a great companion for council since he is immune to the hydras, gives me a tank if one comes out of the building. I ran without a merc as he died continually since I did not engage the council directly and he couldn't leech. They all spawned inside the building on my map, I would run up onto the balcony, pnova, lower resist, couple more pnovas, amp, CE, check loot. Run times were around 45 seconds. I did have a few deaths, sometimes to non council blizzards, a time or 2 when a couple of council came out of the building with curse/might but not a ton of deaths overall.
Ended gaining to level 92 during the runs.

Decided after I completed 700 runs with him too, I would then switch to my level 91 Bliz sorc for the remaining time, approx 2.25 hours.
Her runs were faster without the merc, than with the merc....which seemed to die constantly, even when equipped with the same gear as the Fana Zealot (leech is much less without Fana and not sufficient) so I mostly ran without the merc. Run times around 40 seconds but currently geared, more frail than either the necro or paladin. Better geared I do believe she would be the fastest runner though, just a few pieces I am missing yet...good nightwings, good fathom, some good facets.

My last runner for round 3 is going to be my level 90 untwinked LF amazon, April Oniel. She won't be a fast runner, looks like 4 minutes at /p7, since she doesn't have much of the best gear. Merc does wield infinity and she did find a couple of Wraith Flight ghost glaives I am currently using (no titan's yet), switching between them as I use them up since they replenish. Slower attack rate than the demons arch I had been using but much better damage, better leech and the MPK really reduces the amount of potting needed in a run. Hoping for some runes to help towards enigma...namely Jah and Ber ;)

I ran with Ninefingers, a respecced WW Barb, pretty standard setup:

2x Grief Berserker Axe (Yes, ATMA bugged. I know, dirty ;))
2x Heart of the Oak
Arreat’s Face with ED/LR rare jewel (I would consider sticking a Cham in the Arreat's in the future for better mobility when horking)
Enigma
Arachnid Mesh
War Traveller
1.07 LoH
Highlord’s Wrath, 2x Rare rings

Might Merc with Reaper's / Kira's / GA

Screenshot003.jpg

Since starting the RW grail I have levelled:
3 barbs to 92
4 barbs to 93
1 barb to 94 (this one)
... all doing /p3 trav runs.

Last edited:
I used 3 characters for my Travesty Travels.
Aretha, my UT 99er SC Blizzsorc, Travesty a HC WW Barb and TheRealZeal, an HC FanaZEalot. The majority of my runs were performed by Aretha in the hope of finding runes so she can progress to CS running. But alas, luck was not on her side.

Aretha
Blizzsorc: Shako, HotO, 35 Spirit, SotV, +1 sorc All res ammy, Dwarf Star, Bloodfists, Rare ring with resists, Rare boots with LR/PR and MF.

Merc: Might with Kira's, GA and Reapers. All mercs gear is unsocketed as I haven't decided how I want to spend my socket quests yet.

Runs avgd around 1:15. Torc Icefist was extremely painful as his FI/CI Stone Skin made him a lengthy kill. (Runs were at p1 btw. An Infinity would have sped things up definitely but if Had Infinity I'd already be in the CS. :D) The Council spawned on the balcony approx. 85% of the time, the rest of the time they spawned inside the Altar room. Fortunately a refilling well was permanently fixed inside the Altar Room to which I made good use of. That well saved me and the merc countless times. In fact I didn't die once but was not able to get to level 95. The well also allowed me to fill up the bulbs before TPing back to the docks and TKing back to the Pandemonium Fortress. I will use Aretha to run Rnd 3 in the ATs in the hope of gaining some runes and possibly some useful TC 87s. If she does not deliver there I may consider hitting up LK chests. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Travesty my WW Barb wields dual Grief PBs, Arreats, Forti, LoH, Gores, SoE, Dwarf and Ravens. Dual Suicide Branches on switch for horking. People may be thinking why Ravens but as I deeded a previous barb in Travincal due to not having CBF I decided he would wear one. And here's his ammy.

BarbAmmy.png

A solid performer but unfortunately didn't deliver anything higher than Ko and Fal. Runs were at p3.

TheRealZeal, my HC FanaZEalot, was the most enjoyable to play. And also quite safe. He used the best of my Barbs Griefs, LoH, SoE, Dwarf and Ravens, HoZ and Gores. Here is his headgear and Amulet.
PallyAmulet.png
PallyHead.png

Runs at p3 as well though both he and my Barb can handle p5. Both Pally and Barb used Might mercs, with Shaeled Eth Reapers, Kira's (Ral) and GAs. Again it rained Lems, Fals and Kos but nothing higher. In future RFLs I think he will be my main runner. And that's my Travincal Trio. See you all in Rnd 3.

Edit: @maxicek, I love your barbs' name. What happened to the tenth?

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High