Glacial Trail bug

Mir

Nov 1, 2008
Hi,

I want to share something strange that I encountered for the first time ever:

I re-rolled Glacial Trail maps and in this particular one when I used a WP to enter the area I found myself near the entrance to the area and no WP in sight. Another attempt (TP to town and using WP again) gave the same result. I decided to explore the map and indeed it's a map without WP.

Apparently when there is no WP on the map (but you have it from previous game) the default point is the entrance to the area.

View attachment 14815

Did you try to tele outside the bounds of the map? Maybe the WP got stuck out in the middle of nowhere like the random RoF squares out in the lava. Then when you try to use WP, the game gets confused. You're not supposed to be way out there.. I will just send you back to entry point..

Edit: Too bad it wasnt crystalline passage.. that would be a sweet map for running Thresh Socket! :D

I looks like you have one unexplored branch. Some may be familiar enough with maps to say it can't possibly be that branch, but not me.

Its the uppermost point of the minimap.

Well, I was half right, it was a map thing i didn't know about.

There is one possible other explanation, I think. If I remember correctly (though that it is questionable), if you don't select the waypoint, but do see it, and then exit the game, it won't appear on your minimap when you return. I really do question if I'm remembering that right, and it may or may not have any bearing on this specific situation. I'll test tonight if nothing else.

Edit: I clearly remember wrong. Waypoints show on the minimap even if you don't activate them.

Last edited:
Found this post from earlier this year:
Have you ever taken a waypoint. Then at the other side is no waypoint.. you are in the middle of a map! This was 1.07 but still!

Even the old thread only mentions Glacial Trail. Might be some combination of factors in how the map is generated (there are lots of PoI) and if the wp is generated last, it sometimes can't be.

Just a guess. I don't know precisely how maps are generated and in what order. @Fruit might know or be able to figure it out. Probably a bit confusing compared to the other code stuff he's dug into, though

Wow, and here I thought this was rare. But apparantly me finding the waypoint every single time is rare ;).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High