Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

So I am playing a completely untwinked bowazon and trying to beat the game on P8 without dying. I am level 50 and have beaten normal and am running act 5 normal to look for gear upgrades and to get experience there while I still can. Diablo was BY FAR the hardest part so far. I almost died a million times. Wave 5 of Baal was a challenge too.

I am mainly posting this because I want to upgrade my "Stealth" armor. Finding a twitch would be nice, but I know that is a long shot right now. I am wondering if I can find a 4 socket armor or a 3 socket with life or other mods in normal. I have been shopping Larzuk a little bit, doing Shenk/Eldritch/Pindle runs, Baal runs and cow runs and haven't found anything het. Is it possible to find what I am looking for in normal?

298afe38-b3a4-4ef0-a75c-36a51f07811f-original.jpg

f459fe99-26e3-4a57-96c9-02a2ddf71560-original.jpg

1e5c84e4-f7a6-445a-9712-5fdad6c4155b-original.jpg

953ddb1c-a597-4774-84d4-cdd71e6c0b1c-original.jpg

abbc7ff1-9684-4e19-b1d3-6f338d636f29-original.jpg

95ed62a8-dbec-4e84-8e75-58ae11b09f31-original.jpg

Here is some of my gear. I think it's pretty good for untwinked at this point. Any suggestings on where to find the 4os armor or what I can do to upgrade? Bowzon on P8 is a biznichhh.

If you can get to Outer Cloister in NM, a 4 socket gothic plate can drop from then on, so you can stick rubies in it for life i guess. Or runes if you need resist. Or, run NM Countess to get runes for Smoke or Lionheart :)

I have 3 Max Damage Jewels that are in the 12-15 range and then a couple that are in the 7-9 range. I would like to at least put the 3 good ones in an armor and either put my 4th highest or wait it out for another one in the higher range. My merc and valkry and decoy do a good job of keeping anybody from getting to me, but I would like to get my damage higher if possible.

I am using mainly immolation arrows right now, which have an annoying delay. Also using exploding arrow a little bit. I plan to eventually respec to frozen arrow and multi or strafe arrow. Do you think I should respec now or is immolation arrow still the best option? Do you think Frozen and Strafe or Frozen and Multi is best? What do you recommend for a bowzon untwinked on its own?

Are you saying I can't get a 4 open socket armor until late nightmare?

Outer Cloister is in act 1 :)

Personally, I would have gone strafe untwinked, but a magezon should work too if you can handle the mama costs. Frozen/strafe is a nice combo too.

I would definitely push through to NM Countess and farm runes for a lion heart armour and a melody, harmony or even just an edge Runeword.

For whatever reason that 4 you had next to outer cloister had me thinking act 4 lol. I have this:

Edge
Razor Bow
TirTalAmn
Two Hand Damage: 8 - 22
Durability: 21 of 32
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 62
Fingerprint: 0x39becbff
Item Level: 33
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Level 15 Thorns Aura When Equipped
+35% Increased Attack Speed
+379% Damage to Demons
+280% Damage to Undead
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
All Stats +8
+2 to Mana after each Kill
Reduces all Vendor Prices 15%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Which is nice against demons and undead. But I have been using the rare bow more often. Maybe it is a bad idea on my part.

Perhaps I will try to push forward in nightmare and work on countess NM.. since even if I do get to outer cloister, I am sure the odds of actually landing that armor won't be great. What is the first place you can shop a 4 socketed armor?

Xtimus trolling hard again - this time it's a 1700% mf build. Does this guy not understand that he is an idiot?

I watched one of his videos. I watched it all the way through, in disbelief that anyone could be so PERFECTLY incompetent at building and playing a character (his 130k Poison damage Javazon). The kindest thought I could come up with is that the video is a parody.

@Jamie, no vendor can sell a 4 OS non-magical armor. The earliest one can shop a Jeweler's Gothic Plate is NM Hratli. AFAIK, the only way to obtain a 4 OS armor in Normal is by monster drop of a white Gothic Plate, Full Plate Mail, or Ancient Armor in an area level >= 26 (Act IV or later), socketed either by Larzuk or the Cube recipe.

I wouldn't do it, m'self. Gothic Plate and Ancient Armor are medium weight, and FPM is heavy, so Run/Walk speed will suffer with any of them. I'd prefer to put three good max damage jewels in a 3 OS Breast Plate, easily and quickly shopped from Fara in Normal Act II.

Better still, though, I'd put the damage jewels in a Mask. I've found many 3 OS Masks on the way to the NM Countess, whom I run relentlessly with any untwinked character. That way, the jewels can keep on giving when the armor is upgraded to Twitchthroe or "Lionheart" or "Treachery." :D

@Kitteh - categories look good I think, the only thing I'd mention is to make sure in the thread that it's stated that only completed Mat/Pat/Guardians count for the 'Best Char' categories (that's how we did it last year, right?). I think there was some confusion last year about that.

Thanks for doing it again. :)

@Jamie, no vendor can sell a 4 OS non-magical armor. The earliest one can shop a Jeweler's Gothic Plate is NM Hratli. AFAIK, the only way to obtain a 4 OS armor in Normal is by monster drop of a white Gothic Plate, Full Plate Mail, or Ancient Armor in an area level >= 26 (Act IV or later), socketed either by Larzuk or the Cube recipe.

I wouldn't do it, m'self. Gothic Plate and Ancient Armor are medium weight, and FPM is heavy, so Run/Walk speed will suffer with any of them. I'd prefer to put three good max damage jewels in a 3 OS Breast Plate, easily and quickly shopped from Fara in Normal Act II.

Better still, though, I'd put the damage jewels in a Mask. I've found many 3 OS Masks on the way to the NM Countess, whom I run relentlessly with any untwinked character. That way, the jewels can keep on giving when the armor is upgraded to Twitchthroe or "Lionheart" or "Treachery." :D

The reason I was going for an armor, was because I liked the circlet that I Had:
Wraith Circlet
Circlet
Defense: 20
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0xbb6228ad
Item Level: 30
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 2 - 9 Damage
Adds 10 - 34 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Cold Resist +25%
Damage Reduced by 3
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Stone Talisman

Stone Talisman
Jewel
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0xa995df37
Item Level: 40
Adds 2 - 9 Damage
Adds 1 - 5 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
Cold Resist +25%

I guess I will just keep playing and whatever happens first, happens.

@Kitteh - categories look good I think, the only thing I'd mention is to make sure in the thread that it's stated that only completed Mat/Pat/Guardians count for the 'Best Char' categories (that's how we did it last year, right?). I think there was some confusion last year about that.

Thanks for doing it again. :)

Good point! I will change it to best Mat/Pat and best Guardian.

I watched one of his videos. I watched it all the way through, in disbelief that anyone could be so PERFECTLY incompetent at building and playing a character (his 130k Poison damage Javazon). The kindest thought I could come up with is that the video is a parody.

I have always wondered how he had so many viewers on his videos. How could any Diablo players watch that?

Damn, i just found a SoJ and a maras 30 in one Baalrun with my untwinked barb (103 mf)
i made a clip of the full run, sick^^

I have this overwhelming urge to socket a superior ethereal colossus sword with 14%ED and to make a Death out of it. I just want to see it made, I have never had a death before. I know it is slow and the base isn't very fast, but I been sitting on 3x Sur/1x Ber waiting for that last Sur so I can make an Enigma and I know I can make this runeword without jeopardizing the Enigma. I don't even have a character for it, yet. I just want to see something cool and new lol. Am I stupid or will I find a use for it?

@Jamie uff... The urge vs regret game.. ;-)
Personally I'd wait until I'd figure a character around it but that's just me. The base sounds fun, though. Once it's there, it probably is a good motivation to finally plan and make a char!

I myself ended a 4 week draught and got grailer -13 which was Frostwind for me. Now besides some big majors (Templars, tyraels, mangsongs, astreons and deaths fathom) I still need:
HoZ, BK ring, steelrends, knell striker, spirit ward, crown of ages and schaefers.

I have this overwhelming urge to socket a superior ethereal colossus sword with 14%ED and to make a Death out of it. I just want to see it made, I have never had a death before. I know it is slow and the base isn't very fast, but I been sitting on 3x Sur/1x Ber waiting for that last Sur so I can make an Enigma and I know I can make this runeword without jeopardizing the Enigma. I don't even have a character for it, yet. I just want to see something cool and new lol. Am I stupid or will I find a use for it?

I certainly have no regrets about making this one.

View attachment 12133

I didn't have a character in mind for this one, either.

This was one of a number of Ladder-only (AKA RWM) rune words I made on battle.net in the waning minutes of Ladder Season Ten, the first of Blizzard's criminally brief ~six month seasons. I just can't throw a character away after that short a time, so I was firmly committed to non-ladder Realm play.

During that frenzy of activity, I also had to choose between making "Grief" or "Fortitude" armor with my Lo rune. I went with a Phase Blade; no regrets!

@Jamie do it!

Death is a great weapon, arguably the best two handed if you can get the IAS.

Charger, 2h Fanatic Zealot, Berserker, off hand weapon for Frenzy are all good. It is also great for Tiger Strike, but unfortunately not in a sword - Assassins (and Sorcs) are capped at 13FPA.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High