Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

NorthDakota

Aug 10, 2012
Hey guys! In an attempt to keep myself from spamming the bar with the stuff I'm doing in d2, I have created this thread!

Anything goes here, as long as it's d2 related. Need a place to brag? Got some game related questions? Happy about getting level 91? Get an unusual drop? Post it! Basically, it's a more casual environment. Sometimes the item find thread can be a little intimidating for newer players. You might be a little uncomfortable posting that 27% nagel ring alongside the 1.07 300% ED Cruel War Pike of Quickness.

So let us know what you're doing and how you're feeling. Share you successes and your failures!

I'll start: I'm working on 10k pindle runs. It's going pretty well, I'm about 1k in. It goes much more quickly than LK runs, and it's just lower stress. LK runs have so many precision clicks if you want to do it quickly, it can really get tiring. Pindle is SO relaxing by comparison. Also I found a cham rune last night on hmeph, which is my highest rune yet! I have about 8 hours of free time right now, I ran a BUNCH of errands today that I had been putting off, so I can play d2 now for those hours without worry. It's going to be sick.

So this is kind of a laid back version of IFT/99er/Project thread?

I like the idea :)

nice idea! reminds me to make a dark souls thread.

On a D2 note- i highly recommend a singer to any D2 Sc vets who want to get into HC, he is slow to start but really gets going once dual spirit+insight kicks in, very very very very very very very safe, i drank roughly 3 pots per act for NM.....(no juvies at all)

So this is kind of a laid back version of IFT/99er/Project thread?

I like the idea :)

Yeah definitely. I constantly want to post stuff that really can't go any other place but doesn't deserve it's own thread. Like, for example, I just hit 91 on my sorcy and I am super pumped about it. It's my highest sp char so far. There's really no place to post something like that, you know? Or like, whenever I find a HR, I could post it in the item find thread, but it's really not the right sort of item find to post there. But small stuff like that can be really exciting at the moment. So I think having a place where you can just post whatever is on your mind in D2 would be really perfect.

Even if no one ever posts here, I'll probably be spamming the heck out of it.

The bar is great, because you can stay up to date on what all the familiar faces on the forum are doing irl, or what their thoughts are whenever. I want to know what all the familiar faces are working on in D2. You get some snippets of it in say, the item find thread, or the 99 thread, or the spf elite runners thread, but their just these tiny snapshots maybe like once a week. I really have no idea how much most people play or what they're working on or what gear they have or what builds they love or anything like that.

I like the idea. I've used daily threads, 99er thread, my blog and IFTs as media to vent the bragging out of my system, so this should be handy.

We had another session of LAN baals at my place with horseheadnebula. Really worthless drops but 8 hrs proved to be good exp. My wolfbarb reached level 94 and I'm excited to not have to look at the ugly number 93 at my character screen anymore. Trav runs were ok'ish exp at 93 but I'm really glad we got the last 2/3 of exp in the baals.

We switched runners at that point and my WW/trapsin got from 81 to 88 for which I'm also stoked. She's a nice character but lacking a little something (coughplayerskillscough) so I hoped a few levels would help with her performance.

Just remembered what a brick wall Hell can be to some builds without decent gear! Struggling quite a bit with my frostzealot (equipt with Moonfall).. Back to my skellymencer I think who is getting on quite nicely in hell to gain some better gear! A decent weapon is so important to melee characters in Hell!

After a while from the game you forget simple fact like this!

Yipee! Just found me one of these!

Superior Phase Blade
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xad7f1713
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Attack Rating
3 Sockets (0 used) May not be much to look at but considering my gear is naff at the mo... all I need is an UM and I can get my self a butt kicking tesaldin!

Got nothing really last night out of my time doing AT and pindle with full blizz, ran baal and diablo on p/1 for tokens and got one of each to finally respec my build where i wasted a few stats and skills, now at 89 i want her at 96, seems like a nice number...

Also wish the game would start dropping me some runes but i suppose getting a unique sky spirit wasn't a bad grailer...

I find that I have maybe 15 minutes to a half hour to play every other day or so.

Still I have managed to make it to level 75 with my first character an assassin. I feel bad because I dreamed up this elaborate tournament, and I have absolutely no time to start it.

From 72 - 75 I have just been running the countess trying to find a Lem rune for a Treachery armor. The best I have found is an Um rune which I am pretty pumped about, and I have found 2x ko. the Ko's are not from countess though... One was from Act 5 Nightmare, and the other was from a boss pack outside the tower. I have built up a huge collection of thuls and amns.

I feel like I wasted 6 perfect gems on creating an ammy. It gave 10FCR and 20 to all resist. Not bad, but nor great.

I farmed nightmare, only to pimp out my merc. I found a vamp gaze, and a durry's shell. I haven't socketed them yet. He still seems quite fragile, maybe I need a better insight base. Right now he just uses a poleaxe.

Currently my assassin is sporting a Lore helm, Stealth Armor, Magic Demonhid boots with MF as they are the highest Kick dmg I have found, a Dwarf star ring, a MF ring with light resist, and duel leach crushing blow crafted gloves.

I am fooling around quite a bit with weapons.

I have a couple shopped claws, one with + 2 assassin skills, one with + 3 DS, one rare claw with +1 skills and chance to cast amp dmg. During my coutess runs I check charsi for any upgrades. But I think I will need to get to act 5 to really do some serious shopping.

I also have a spirit sword and rhyme shiled. As well as a lower resist wand, and a rare staff with teleport charges.

I am not sure what the right combination is.

My current spec is

20 In Dtalon, 20 in LS, 20 in DS, 1 in all shadow but venom, and currently pumping the rest into CBS.

Since I am still a kicker speced, I feel safer with the shield and frozen aura merc. However my gear isn't that great, so strong light immunes are scary still. Even with CoS kicking them generally releases Charged bolts and those kill me. So I am thinking of using my second respec, to go fireblast. And changing my merc to might so I have more corpses for DS and he hits harder for better leach.

However I really like the idea of being a rift sin. But I need some better gear for melee.

In the mean time I am trying to figure out what to do with that um runes. I don't have a stormshield or anything to socket it in. Duress is an option, but I am not sure if I should wear it or my merc... Or if I should just save it....

Edit: Sorry for the wall o text, I guess I had a lot to say :D

I feel like I wasted 6 perfect gems on creating an ammy. It gave 10FCR and 20 to all resist.

That actually sounds amazing for a sorcy. Save the um rune. You'll figure out something great to use it for. I'm keeping an um to socket into my vipermagi, but I'm waiting for one to drop with higher resist. I think the one I'm using now is 33 resist all, and 35 is perfect.

That actually sounds amazing for a sorcy. Save the um rune. You'll figure out something great to use it for. I'm keeping an um to socket into my vipermagi, but I'm waiting for one to drop with higher resist. I think the one I'm using now is 33 resist all, and 35 is perfect.

Yea, perhaps I'll get lucky with my Hell forge quest and I will get close to making a Chaos claw :scratchchin:

Im in a similar scenario, i want to socket an ist into my tals orb but its a 2-2-1 and i want a 2-2-2 so its not entirely wasted :')

When people say they do an "item readout" what exactly is that if you're using gomule. Is it like just a copy paste of the text dump file, or a copy paste of the item in the stash or what exactly?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High