Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Question about switching from ATMA to GoMule since after doing some LK runs the other day, I can see how enormously useful it is to mass select. Will I need to take all my items in ATMA and put them on characters and then from character to a GoMule stash, or "project"? Or can I just open my ATMA stashes in GoMule and rearrange as I see fit?

You can open ATMA stashes in GoMule, no problem.

I got a serious question for yah.

I'm running pindle on a pure blizzard sorcy, I don't really need FCR or +skills, because I'm running at p1 - I don't really need exp and I'm in it mostly for pindle drops.

I have 4 ists. Should I make a 4 ist monarch for the runs? it'd be a HUGE boost to my overall MF, I'd be above 600, and I could potentially push my mf up into the 700 region.

I liek this topic, sometimes I spam the IFT with total utter crap nobody else is interested in and sometimes I really want something to tell or ask, but dont know where and it feels like it surely doesnt need a new topic for it.

Today I would like to complain some:
I found so many 6% mf small charms allrdy that I throw away plain ones and still....: I have found 0 7mf small charms. completely ZERO.

I got a serious question for yah.

I'm running pindle on a pure blizzard sorcy, I don't really need FCR or +skills, because I'm running at p1 - I don't really need exp and I'm in it mostly for pindle drops.

I have 4 ists. Should I make a 4 ist monarch for the runs? it'd be a HUGE boost to my overall MF, I'd be above 600, and I could potentially push my mf up into the 700 region.

Depends what else you'd want to use the ists for, and if you'd ever use the 4 isted monarch for something else after all those pindle runs.

I'm just not worried about it. I have tons of runes left over from LK so they are completely expendable to me. I think I'm gonna do it.

This looks like the thread for me, I don't play much so rarely feel like my finds are IFT-worthy. I only have a few cookie-cutter chars for a variety of targets and like to dive right into them and play whichever suits me. Having only 1 of a good item (HLW for example) and lack of socketing quests are the downsides to this approach.

1. Fishymancer. Doesn't get much play these days, I need to remedy that. Usually runs WSK/Baal as Nightfish intended.

2. Blizz sorc. Quested as Meteorb, respecced to Blizz and ran the heck out of Meph. Now does either AT with MF gear, or LK with FCR gear. Currently has a nice LK map and found a Gul the other day.

3. WW barb. Standard mid-range gear (Oath etc.), runs Trav efficiently and found a Cham though I'm not fond of WW so he has been replaced at that target by:

4. Zealot. Shares almost all gear with the Barb + HoZ.

5. LF zon. Quested as a Fishyzon, respecced to pure lightning when I made my yummiest item, an Infinity eThresher (Bers found by (1) at Pindle and (2) in AT). Runs Cows, Pindle or CS.

Never played an Assassin or Druid!

After using the Bers I'm currently at 4 Guls and a Cham as my HRs, so debating whether to make a CtA or wait a bit longer to get a Lo for Grief or Fortitude.

I have to ask, what is LK? I'm guessing the K stands for "Keep," but I have no idea what the L could be and I've been trying to figure this out for days now...

I have to ask, what is LK? I'm guessing the K stands for "Keep," but I have no idea what the L could be and I've been trying to figure this out for days now...

Lower Kurast. You can get some good runes there in Hell from the special chests. Search for 1.13 LK patterns and you'll probably find the thread on it.

Yesterday's main highlight was finding a pul in the canyon of the magi... Now to figure out what to do with it...

I think the thread title should be "Anything D2 Goes Lounge!". Not sure if that can be edited.

re: pindle and 4xist monarch - consider going 3x in a HHG or ATSoD/or other good 2nd mod. You will lose 1x Ist but if you decide you want to run another target for drops at some point the resistances on HeadHunters or the 2nd mod on AT may come in handy and not lock you into 'just MF' on your shield. I personally ran pindle for drops and exp, typically on /p3 sometimes on /p5 with my blizzy, the few times I died and saw the exp bar reduced to zero were a couple big reasons why I stopped running him altogether. My blizzy could easily be 94.5 now if she hadn't died so many times. I invested quite a bit of wealth buying resist SC of MF and trying to maximize my safety while still going for max MF. I know I topped 700 mf at one point with positive lightning and cold resists. Or maybe that was the merc kill...can't remember her setup now.

My D2 time recently has been spent playing my sept. Got all my chars through act1 which was a pain. Not having access to good skills or a good merc is painfully slow for some builds. But, I did learn a few new tricks to help control crowds, so that was fun. Pushed my druid through A2 in just a couple days since fissure is OP for normal. Short on play time again in the fall, will probably pick it up again in the winter. I will also keep my eyes out of a tournament that doesn't look too restrictive to play in the mean time as playing the same act 7x will begin to tire me out.

I think I'm basically going to be running 1.09 Pindle until Torchlight 2 comes out. He just hasn't seen fit to drop a WF.

Yesterday's main highlight was finding a pul in the canyon of the magi... Now to figure out what to do with it...

Grats! I hadn't found a Pul for ages, so I was so excited when one finally dropped.
Upgrade a Ribcracker for a fury druid, or, uh, make Enlightenment for a sorc. I had fun doing both of those.

I think I'm basically going to be running 1.09 Pindle until Torchlight 2 comes out. He just hasn't seen fit to drop a WF.

Still? I think I've been cheering you on silently for years. So yeah. Kill that guy and take his WF.

We'll see what NM Meph gives me before I decide. I kinda want to try gloom. It looks interesting.

re: pindle and 4xist monarch - consider going 3x in a HHG or ATSoD/or other good 2nd mod.

Thanks so much for the heads up, I did not even consider HHG. I recently got one too. I feel so good now that I'm running pindle, I'm really filling out the grail fast. It's nice having some options finally!

Also I looked at editing the thread title but I don't think that's an option, even for thread creator :(

I think the thread title should be "Anything D2 Goes Lounge!". Not sure if that can be edited.

re: pindle and 4xist monarch - consider going 3x in a HHG or ATSoD/or other good 2nd mod. You will lose 1x Ist but if you decide you want to run another target for drops at some point the resistances on HeadHunters or the 2nd mod on AT may come in handy and not lock you into 'just MF' on your shield. I personally ran pindle for drops and exp, typically on /p3 sometimes on /p5 with my blizzy, the few times I died and saw the exp bar reduced to zero were a couple big reasons why I stopped running him altogether. My blizzy could easily be 94.5 now if she hadn't died so many times. I invested quite a bit of wealth buying resist SC of MF and trying to maximize my safety while still going for max MF. I know I topped 700 mf at one point with positive lightning and cold resists. Or maybe that was the merc kill...can't remember her setup now.

My D2 time recently has been spent playing my sept. Got all my chars through act1 which was a pain. Not having access to good skills or a good merc is painfully slow for some builds. But, I did learn a few new tricks to help control crowds, so that was fun. Pushed my druid through A2 in just a couple days since fissure is OP for normal. Short on play time again in the fall, will probably pick it up again in the winter. I will also keep my eyes out of a tournament that doesn't look too restrictive to play in the mean time as playing the same act 7x will begin to tire me out.
Nice info!
What CC techniques did you discover?

Guess I'll just ask this here. Is anyone interested in skyping for some company? I don't play MP, but I'd kill for some company while I'm spamming pit runs. I also am just starting to get into the swing of things, so when I have a random question it'd be great to ask people instead of making a post about it. Feel free to PM me if anyone is interested

Speaking of short questions and abbreviations; how about a stickied thread/post with a little Single Player Forum dictionary? There are a lot of terms that are very confusing when you are new at this and I haven't seen them explained in one single place.

Oh, the bragging and small talk part...

[Chit-chat]
Finished normal with a clawing assassin yesterday. I don't know if the build has any official name, she will max shadow warrior and put as much as possible into the leftmost martial art skills and phoenix strike to make the shadow actually behave smart and be able to harm anything she faces. Melee archmage, sort of. It seems to work so far but it's hard to make the shadow use venom and burst of speed properly. Had great luck with items in any case, finding the generals flail (should be handy for someone yelling orders at her shadow) and Hsarus boots and belt. Hope I find a Lem rune later.
[/Chit-chat]

Speaking of short questions and abbreviations; how about a stickied thread/post with a little Single Player Forum dictionary? There are a lot of terms that are very confusing when you are new at this and I haven't seen them explained in one single place.

Oh, the bragging and small talk part...

[Chit-chat]
Finished normal with a clawing assassin yesterday. I don't know if the build has any official name, she will max shadow warrior and put as much as possible into the leftmost martial art skills and phoenix strike to make the shadow actually behave smart and be able to harm anything she faces. Melee archmage, sort of. It seems to work so far but it's hard to make the shadow use venom and burst of speed properly. Had great luck with items in any case, finding the generals flail (should be handy for someone yelling orders at her shadow) and Hsarus boots and belt. Hope I find a Lem rune later.
[/Chit-chat]
I believe there is already a linky in the sticky.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High