Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Ooooo! I like that! The 'best' I've done is kill S&O with a level 14 character! ( coju18 psn add add add!)

Got my javazon to equip titan's. Titan's is wack. Straight wack. +2 jav gloves. Peace r/w. Valk gets summoned then sticks around!
*****Anybody know if +skills work on %procs?*****

Glad it worked out! Did you see my post about immediately finding an even better replacement for the one I gave you, like I said I would? :p

With AT...holy moly, I didn't even check if 75k is enough for level 99. I just assumed pharphis did his math...
umm. . .
I went off of the rough numbers by EasyG (I think) in the runners thread. I bumped it and asked about it so you can see his response there. I also remembered them incorrectly anyway, so it's more like 75K FROM 98 to 99. Oops. *shrugs* I'll die before then anyway :p

You can dew it robbyd! (robbid is how I pronounce it when i'm feeling funky)

Glad it worked out! Did you see my post about immediately finding an even better replacement for the one I gave you, like I said I would? :p

Really!? That's awesome! I missed the post though :(

Oh man, shouting to the virtual world - first HR from LK tonight! 2nd day of trying this, so far in maybe 300 runs have managed to get 2 Fal, 2 Io, Ko, 2 Pul, Um, and a SUR! Wootzies! I'm tied for my B.net success, which only ever amounted to an Ohm for like 3 years. Now I moved higher up the rune chain to this Sur in about a month. Hopefully this isn't the end of that train!

I read somewhere that Hellforge runs were frowned upon, but why? Surely it's no different from killing Mephisto or Baal over and over again?

I read somewhere that Hellforge runs were frowned upon, but why? Surely it's no different from killing Mephisto or Baal over and over again?

Hell forge rushing is only mentioned four times total in the entire SPF FAQ, none of which appear in the "Rules" section. In none of these is it discouraged as far as I can tell.

The first mention is of a famous forum player (dune6836) who twinks characters to get their HF drops as quickly as possible, without rushing. His time got as low as 3.5 hours.

The next 3 mentions of HF rushing are actually guides for different versions of the game. You can find these links here.

To hellforge rush in SP you need to run a modified .dll that allows multiple instances of the game to be run on your computer simultaneously. This is not prohibited by the SPF FAQ Rules, however, it does need declaring in your trading profile. I guess I am not sure what the general opinion about the .dll is, or if people will trade with you if you use it, but it is allowed.

Nothing wrong with HF rushing, but it's done quite rarely these days since high runes drop so often since the 1.13 patch. It's still done to some extent in earlier versions to get runes in earlier patches (most notably 1.10s).

Modified d2gfx.dll to allow multiple instances of the game is not frowned upon in any way, and the use of it is quite widespread in the SP(T)F.

I just realized that since I found griffon's eye (worst roll possible though, literally), I could hit the 200% FCR breakpoint if i rerolled my 34% spirit shield. Just finished and it is FUN AS HECK. My LK runs feel so smooooth.

You can make the runeword Lore in any helm with 2 sockets. There is no requirement for which item you use, you can use any head slot item for this. Once the runeword is completed, it requires a level 27+ character to use it. That's it.

Additionally, the runeword mod is not required for this runeword to work as it is one of the original runewords.

The only thing I can think of is that you either tried to make it in something other than a helm, or you put the runes in the wrong order. Make sure you socket it with the ort rune first, and THEN the sol rune. The order you put in the runes is important when making runewords. Gotta be in the right order.

^It needs to be in a grey base, as wel. You might have put it in something magic?

lore is ort+sol is it not?

2h Death base. I've been holding out for an eth Glrious Axe, but no luck so far finding or trading. However, last night I happened upon a eth Champion Axe in the Pits, and (again) got lucky with my socket recipe and hit 5os. Background, looking for high damage weapons for a SC sept project involving all titan type builds, they will most likely share some weapons as I'm not rich nor have years worth of items to pick from. The axe will be used on a 2h zealot/charger for sure, and although this is an unpopular option, I might give it a try on the fury wolf as a champ axe can still hit a 7 frame fury (and I've never used anything other than ribbie, so worth a fling until I find a Zod for eth Ribbie). I assume a barb build could probably use it, but I haven't done much research on the high damage barb front.

So, I'm losing a decent amount of base damage over the Glorious option, but gaining a base speed bump which seems a bit more significant considering my planned uses, not to mention actually having it in hand so I could start on the Pally. I want to go axe over sword for aesthetic purposes (and same on not using a decapitator base). Should I just roll it now, or keep holding out for an eth Glorious axe to drop?

2h Death base. I've been holding out for an eth Glrious Axe, but no luck so far finding or trading. However, last night I happened upon a eth Champion Axe in the Pits, and (again) got lucky with my socket recipe and hit 5os. Background, looking for high damage weapons for a SC sept project involving all titan type builds, they will most likely share some weapons as I'm not rich nor have years worth of items to pick from. The axe will be used on a 2h zealot/charger for sure, and although this is an unpopular option, I might give it a try on the fury wolf as a champ axe can still hit a 7 frame fury (and I've never used anything other than ribbie, so worth a fling until I find a Zod for eth Ribbie). I assume a barb build could probably use it, but I haven't done much research on the high damage barb front.

So, I'm losing a decent amount of base damage over the Glorious option, but gaining a base speed bump which seems a bit more significant considering my planned uses, not to mention actually having it in hand so I could start on the Pally. I want to go axe over sword for aesthetic purposes (and same on not using a decapitator base). Should I just roll it now, or keep holding out for an eth Glorious axe to drop?

IMO Decapitator> champion axe for looks. Base damage of champ and feral axes is just too low imo unless you really need that speed.. Silver edged axe has high damage, but looks terrible. Glorious axe.. depends if you like that look.

Don't bother with the druid.. eOath SEA is simply a better option. Death 2H axe is useful on: Tiger strike assassin, conc/zerk barb with a bunch of off weapon ias. Zealot can work if you can live with 6 frame zeal. I guess charge can be fine too, never really used that as a main ability.

Finished normal with a clawing assassin yesterday. I don't know if the build has any official name, she will max shadow warrior and put as much as possible into the leftmost martial art skills and phoenix strike to make the shadow actually behave smart and be able to harm anything she faces. Melee archmage, sort of. It seems to work so far but it's hard to make the shadow use venom and burst of speed properly. Had great luck with items in any case, finding the generals flail (should be handy for someone yelling orders at her shadow) and Hsarus boots and belt. Hope I find a Lem rune later.

I really want that Lem rune too.

I've been running Hell Countess for one. I am not sure that is the best way to get it. I am level 76 now. wondering if I should go finish the game or continue running countess.

On that note, what is the best place for a trap sin to run. Mind you I don't have great gear. I can barely manage the pits on Players 1. Will AT be any easier? perhaps CS?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High