Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Yea, perhaps I'll get lucky with my Hell forge quest and I will get close to making a Chaos claw :scratchchin:

Chaos is very underwelming in PvM if you don't have the right support for it- fortitude armor, well equipped might merc, a good second claw, highlords/gores/LoH/Guillames etc., so I would say that is not really a priority. Once you get that gear level though it's quite a fun build, definitely makes the dragon claw skill mostly obsolete.

There's a few ways, personally I use 'Right click, view item' for a single item, and text dump if I'm posting multiple readouts from the same character/stash.

Okay, I was just wondering if there was anything other than those. Thanks very much for the info!

Nice idea! About the game related question though: We had some discussions with Thy in the past about this, and Thyiad and the mods before her were mostly of the opinion, that it's better to have a new thread for a new question, because if they are all in on thread, no one will find them anymore xD

I try to get into HC MP and equipped my themed Paladin Thor for this purpose. He will be using IK set and HotO on switch for hammer throwing. Until then, he'll be using other 2-handed-maces like Bonesnap and staves, currently an Insight Rune Staff for a lot of bang!

Nice idea! About the game related question though: We had some discussions with Thy in the past about this, and Thyiad and the mods before her were mostly of the opinion, that it's better to have a new thread for a new question, because if they are all in on thread, no one will find them anymore xD

I try to get into HC MP and equipped my themed Paladin Thor for this purpose. He will be using IK set and HotO on switch for hammer throwing. Until then, he'll be using other 2-handed-maces like Bonesnap and staves, currently an Insight Rune Staff for a lot of bang!

Problem is, I would spam the frontpage with tons of questions all the time. Take for example the question I just asked, "What do people mean by item readouts? Is it just the text from the textdump from gomule?"

It's a simple, 1 post answer. I was basically just looking for confirmation for something I was pretty sure was correct. I tried searching for it in the FAQ thread wherever readouts or codeblocks were mentioned, but it's sort of a trivial thing that most people just infer from context. I definitely can't make a new post whenever I have a question like that, because I'd dominate the frontpage, and people would hate me. And there's no where else appropriate to post it.

This thread isn't meant to take questions off the frontpage, it's just a place for really casual conversation. If you don't feel like making a post over some small question, you are free to post it to the people browsing here (unless that's not allowed by the forum rules I guess, in which case I'll modify the original post).

nice idea! reminds me to make a dark souls thread.

Ooooo! I like that! The 'best' I've done is kill S&O with a level 14 character! ( coju18 psn add add add!)

Got my javazon to equip titan's. Titan's is wack. Straight wack. +2 jav gloves. Peace r/w. Valk gets summoned then sticks around!
*****Anybody know if +skills work on %procs?*****

Personally I like this thread and the idea. I'd rather just talk about my game play here. The one thing I hate about the bar is that there is no D2 talk. I'm not exactly into the whole *talks with Astrix Off topic* type thing. The bar to me just seems like an active roll playing thread.

I'd love it for this thread to be the "active" or "live" D2 thread. Just like the bar is the "active OT" thread; where people just come and talk about what they did in d2, or things they learned, conversation etc.

The bar is meant for OT chit chat, this i think is a good idea though, as long as its idea is kept alive i think it will do well

Problem is, I would spam the frontpage with tons of questions all the time. Take for example the question I just asked, "What do people mean by item readouts? Is it just the text from the textdump from gomule?"

It's a simple, 1 post answer. I was basically just looking for confirmation for something I was pretty sure was correct. I tried searching for it in the FAQ thread wherever readouts or codeblocks were mentioned, but it's sort of a trivial thing that most people just infer from context. I definitely can't make a new post whenever I have a question like that, because I'd dominate the frontpage, and people would hate me. And there's no where else appropriate to post it.

This thread isn't meant to take questions off the frontpage, it's just a place for really casual conversation. If you don't feel like making a post over some small question, you are free to post it to the people browsing here (unless that's not allowed by the forum rules I guess, in which case I'll modify the original post).
I think a thread for casual talk about D2 is a very good idea, as I said :) I was just trying to tell you from the years I've been here what I heard about a big "Q&A" Thread. The reasoning behind not making one big Q&A Thread (which is not the same as a casual D2 talk thread) was, that other people might ask themselves the same question and find it interesting to read about, and it's easier to search and find if it's an own thread and not buried in a EMB-sized thread :p Feel free to ask questions here of course, but I wouldn't advertise this thread as a general Q&A thread for everyone.

People here are quite ok with new threads for new questions, even if you have 8+ a day :) So don't be afraid to ask question of importance in a new thread - nobody will hate you for it.

Again, I'm not opposed to this thread - not at all! I was just trying to address the Q&A part of this thread you mentioned in your first post :)

Now, back to discussing D2 everyone! :wink: :thumbup:

btw, just hit level 95 with my AT runner. Only 80k+ runs till level 99!! :jig: :badteeth:

Wait. With AT or just in general. I'll race too if it's in general. There's basically just a few lightening skillers between me and 99 ;)

Yeah, the 75at thread became a race. Next thing we know there will be a table and 27 participants like kegs untwinked 99!

I like this, but I agree that it might be hard to find specific questions in here to answer them.
AT to 99 race? That's nuts. I wish you all the best of luck though.

Median screenshot was cool. I've got so much left to do in regular D2 but it looks so interesting...

Here's a question I almost made a new topic for:

Are there instructions somewhere on the forum about how to make videos of your own Diablo II gameplay?

Okay, dumb post, I just need to mess around on GoMule and figure this out quick. Seems intuitive enough. Carry on good folks! I cannot wait for next weekend so I can get some more D2 in!!! Oh the wait...I suppose RL is pretty fun too though. :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High