[1.00-1.10a/s] News, Info and Gossip: Index

art_vandelay

Guide Author
Mar 13, 2019
EDIT: This post is not maintained here anymore, it was merged into the time traveling info post in the SPF Community & Links sticky.

Welcome!

This thread is supposed to be an overview of useful posts in the "News, Info and Gossip" threads. These can be hard to comb through for information and so an index is in order.

Note that I will fill this out as I go along, for some content reposts will be necessary which I might just do in this very thread. This is because most of the News, Info and Gossip threads were not migrated fully when the forum migrated.

Current Status:
  • 1.00: PureDiablo thread done.
  • 1.07: PureDiablo thread done.
  • 1.08: PureDIablo thread done.
  • 1.09: PureDiablo thread done.
  • 1.10a: PureDiablo thread done.
TODO: Repost choice content from the old News, Info and Gossip threads and link them here.

1.00 News, Info and Gossip
The version of the game as it was on release. Originally started by @Treeharl this thread contains discussion on all of the patches 1.00-1.06b and even some going beyond that. An important part of 1.00 are its various bugs, some of which can ruin your characters permanently, so I went ahead and collected every post on them in a general thread on gamebreaking crashes and bugs.

1.07 News, Info and Gossip
The most popular patch by far and accordingly we know a staggering amount about it. I reposted a selection of posts by @Fruit , @GalaXyHaXz and me from the original 1.07 News, Info and Gossip thread.

1.08 News, Info and Gossip
Not a lot of people play this patch but it has its upsides, such as caster amulets with up to 25% faster cast rate. The starting post contains a wealth of information gathered by @GalaXyHaXz .

1.09 News, Info and Gossip
This patch was live for a few years and arguably the prime of D2. SPF member @RobbyD wrote an extensive guide on it and started the 1.09 Roll Call thread which is as close to a News, Info and Gossip thread as you can get without actually calling it that. :p

1.10a/s News, Info and Gossip
These patches are already very close to current day D2 but still contain exciting things (1.10a moreso than 1.10s) such as the beta runewords. As with 1.08 the first post contains most of the information right now.

Feel free to post links to posts you found that contain solid info or curiosities, but beware of very old posts, a lot of them contain rumors and false information!

Last edited:
If I transferred the time travel post in the links thread to you, would you consider maintaining this there instead? If you added @Helvete's guides into the summary and put the stuff in bullets in a spoiler tag it would fit in perfectly and is much better that what I have now.
I would do that, but I think the stuff in bullet points here should stay in this thread and the thread itself should be linked in the SPF Community & Links sticky. After all I just finished with the PureDiablo stuff, nothing from the old site is linked yet and that could create quite a bit of bloat.

Also do you think it's time to put some of the time travel links in the sticky in a history section because a lot of them are not up to date anymore? I'm looking at the old 1.07 guide in specific which has a lot of false claims. (if only we could imbue crafts and keep the stats on the item :D) Stuff like purplelocust's miniguides are still up to date though and I think were migrated here even.

@maxicek I'll just paste the original time traveling post here for safety, this way we can go back on certain parts if something doesn't look right in the new version.

Guides for Time Travellers

In the SPF you can play whichever version you want. Fancy playing against players64 monsters? you can do it in a previous version. Want a BKWB with +2 skills? You can in a previous version!

How to play different versions
You have a few options for playing older versions.
Fresh install of the old patch. Works quite nicely if you use a Virtual Machine to run an old OS (Windows 2000 for example). This is probably the best option for Mac users.
Trenshadow version switcher. The original SPF time travelling machine.
Bliss Version Switcher. Works with 1.14 too.

Why to play different versions
Playing older patches can be a very different experience if you started playing D2 in 1.10 or later. Forget much of what you thought you knew and enjoy the experience. Of course finding items which are different to the later patches is part of it too.

Time Travelling the SPF Way by Jaedhann
An introduction to the differences between the LoD patches.

The Time-Travellers Vortex part 1 - a guide to SPF time travel by helvete
A comprehensive guide to older patches, all the way from 1.00 Classic.

Specific Patch Information

1.00 Classic

1.06 Classic

1.07 LoD

1.08 LoD

1.09 LoD

1.10 LoD (including Betas)
!.10a Beta +2 All Skills BKWB Seekers Miniguide by purplelocust
1.10s Beta Runeword MiniGuide by purplelocust
v1.10 FAQ for SP (v.2.0) By Shade
The FE Bug Explained (Single Player 1.10) by DeathMaster. Explains why you're getting one hit killed in 1.10!

1.11 LoD
1.11 Changes By Cattleya

Reactions: maxicek
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High