1.00 News, Info and Gossip

DariusTriplet

Mar 26, 2020
New York City
Mobs have a really weird aggro range, I guess this is the "star bug"

Just wait until you try 1.04, and monsters can attack you from outside Strafe's search radius :)

Regarding the weird Fetish curse - it's supposed to increase attack speed, but never actually "sticks" (and even if it did, it wouldn't do anything, due to yet another bug). You can see a screenshot of a fixed version here - https://www.diabloii.net/forums/thr...s-a-1-04-adventure.965726/page-4#post-8860273.

jimsfriend

Mar 14, 2020
I'd be interested to know if there's any fixed-spawn-position poppables (like corpse, hollow log, etc) that can drop a ring. If so, then with enough time spent grinding out map rerolls, you could get one that drops unique ring hosted in a MP game for unlimited SOJ for rare rerolls.

art_vandelay

Mar 16, 2020
The TCs that are labeled for chests don't contain rings and I've never heard about anyone ever getting one from a chest. In fact Treeharl did a list of stuff he got from chests and rings weren't on it:

DariusTriplet

Mar 26, 2020
New York City
I had some limited success racking heavy armors in 1.05, then selling them and gambling rings. At 2 armors/gamble, it takes about 65-70 armors to expect to gamble an SoJ, and it'd probably be easier to find a heavy armor rack instead of rolling up Ring patterns (if they exist!) every single time you pop a unique.

Of course, the main downside is how irritatingly long it takes to get Gheed/Elzix to offer Rings in the first place, and how boring gambling is even without racking first :p

jimsfriend

Mar 14, 2020
I haven't been able to find a stable rack in 1.00 is the rack stability something that was added later or I just haven't tried enough? I am interested in gambling rings, but not for SOJ. I want to get a rare 30+ mf with 10fcr >_>

Being able to feasibly get hundreds of SOJ would have been a way to roll either 1.08 jewels or 1.14d diadems.

I've been getting gamble money by picking a winged helm/grand crown poppable near LK wp. I need to get a guy to hell so they will sell for more gold.